Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Etarekoth Xelthzus the Chancellor of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25432
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 16-Mar-04 08:12 PM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25432, "(DELETED) [SCION] Etarekoth Xelthzus the Chancellor of the Eternal Night"

Tue Mar 16 19:09:57 2004

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Etarekoth perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:571

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Etarekoth Xelthzus the Chancellor..., Shadowmaster, 22-Mar-04 12:00 AM, #56
Reply Thats that, Romanul, 16-Mar-04 10:21 PM, #1
     Reply Glad I inducted you..., Foslin (Guest), 16-Mar-04 10:51 PM, #2
     Reply Sure you did., Valguarnera, 17-Mar-04 09:28 PM, #23
          Reply Lost.. Last leader weapon I saw Divox could not be sacd..., Leadweapons (Guest), 18-Mar-04 06:54 PM, #37
               Reply Well.., Lardovian (Guest), 18-Mar-04 07:00 PM, #38
               Reply I've done most of it, Daurwyn (Guest), 18-Mar-04 07:47 PM, #42
               Reply I'm aware., Valguarnera, 18-Mar-04 08:17 PM, #44
                    Reply RE: I'm aware., ORB, 22-Mar-04 12:47 AM, #57
                         Reply Agreed..., Rom (Guest), 22-Mar-04 02:52 AM, #59
     Reply From Lerrik:, Bajula, 16-Mar-04 11:16 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Thats that, Grurk Muouk, 16-Mar-04 11:56 PM, #4
     Reply Salute!, Mekantos, 17-Mar-04 12:09 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Salute!, Romanul, 17-Mar-04 02:13 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Salute!, Valguarnera, 17-Mar-04 09:40 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Thats that, Kazadan (Guest), 17-Mar-04 01:07 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Thats that, Charade, 17-Mar-04 01:58 AM, #7
     Reply and it's time to bring forth your shadowy torch..., Kwalin (Guest), 17-Mar-04 03:16 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Thats that, Jyslin (Guest), 17-Mar-04 03:23 AM, #10
     Reply Heh, Romanul, 17-Mar-04 04:57 AM, #18
     Reply Great job, Drokk, 17-Mar-04 03:28 AM, #11
     Reply All in a days work..the two Z's, Romanul, 17-Mar-04 03:56 AM, #12
     Reply Representing for Team Scion, Romanul, 17-Mar-04 03:57 AM, #13
     Reply The Price of Failure (Staring Tranto), Romanul, 17-Mar-04 04:01 AM, #14
     Reply Kyrissa becomes Ilivarra's apprentice, Romanul, 17-Mar-04 04:02 AM, #15
     Reply Battle / Scion Comedy Log, Romanul, 17-Mar-04 04:04 AM, #16
     Reply Defence against a Paladin.., Romanul, 17-Mar-04 04:07 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Thats that, Felar Serpent (Guest), 17-Mar-04 05:00 AM, #19
     Reply Rings a bell...., Lightmaged (Guest), 17-Mar-04 06:13 PM, #20
     Reply didn't Anith get the raven form?, Daurwyn (Guest), 18-Mar-04 07:53 AM, #29
          Reply had nothing to do with being leader..., Lightmaged (Guest), 18-Mar-04 09:07 AM, #31
          Reply Oh and.., Lightmaged (Guest), 18-Mar-04 09:11 AM, #32
     Reply So long Eta, Vorondel (Guest), 17-Mar-04 07:03 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Thats that, Valguarnera, 17-Mar-04 09:19 PM, #22
     Reply RE: Thats that, Rom (Guest), 17-Mar-04 10:03 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Thats that, Mekantos, 18-Mar-04 02:33 AM, #26
          Reply Hell yes., Romanul, 18-Mar-04 05:03 AM, #27
               Reply I agree with you completely Etarekoth..., Foslin (Guest), 18-Mar-04 07:02 AM, #28
               Reply RE: I agree with you completely Etarekoth..., Beroxxus, 18-Mar-04 07:08 PM, #40
                    Reply When have advisors done more than...um...advise?, Wondering.. (Guest), 19-Mar-04 09:21 AM, #48
                         Reply RE: When have advisors done more than...um...advise?, Valguarnera, 19-Mar-04 02:23 PM, #50
                              Reply Come on, we all know that..., Kazadan (Guest), 19-Mar-04 04:19 PM, #51
                                   Reply I can't believe you could forget that..., Mekantos, 19-Mar-04 04:42 PM, #52
                                        Reply That's just plain disturbing nt, Kazadan (Guest), 19-Mar-04 09:43 PM, #54
               Reply RE: Hell yes., Valguarnera, 18-Mar-04 06:37 PM, #36
               Reply that's only one approach though, Daurwyn (Guest), 18-Mar-04 07:54 PM, #43
               Reply Sure., Valguarnera, 18-Mar-04 08:20 PM, #45
               Reply Here's what I don't get., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 19-Mar-04 08:51 AM, #47
                    Reply Good point. I wonder what would happen...(nt), Rom (Guest), 22-Mar-04 02:49 AM, #58
               Reply In my not so humble opinion..., Nivek1, 20-Mar-04 12:15 AM, #55
     Reply RE: Thats that, Arvam Follower (Guest), 18-Mar-04 08:19 AM, #30
     Reply RE: Thats that, Valguarnera, 18-Mar-04 03:48 PM, #33
     Reply RE: Thats that, Arvam Follower (Guest), 18-Mar-04 06:05 PM, #35
     Reply I think you're missing the point, and he's not expressi..., Graatchman (Guest), 19-Mar-04 10:50 AM, #49
     Reply Last I checked I didn't see you, wakeupdeadman (Guest), 18-Mar-04 09:57 PM, #46
     Reply That's disappointing, Brotmin, 19-Mar-04 09:05 PM, #53
     Reply RE: Thats that, jaynus, 18-Mar-04 05:37 PM, #34
     Reply RE: Thats that, Beroxxus, 18-Mar-04 07:05 PM, #39
     Reply I liked our interactions, though limited they were, Adrigon, 18-Mar-04 07:26 PM, #41

ShadowmasterMon 22-Mar-04 12:00 AM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25636, "RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Etarekoth Xelthzus the Chancellor..."
In response to Reply #0

Really loved all of our interactions when I played Dralith. Top notch character and good luck with the next, you showed me your skill not only in PK but in RP with this one.

RomanulTue 16-Mar-04 10:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
114 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25433, "Thats that"
In response to Reply #0

Well, where to start. After vanish was nerfed I stopped playing assassins and played a handful of neo thieves culminating in Szordrin. I deleted Szor for my mid-year exams, and after that I was burned out and didn't play for a while. Well I rolled Eta to play during my long 3 month summer holidays. I wanted to come back for one last assassin, wanted to prove to myself that I could do justice to this race/class combination, because I had never seen another player do it in my eyes (I'm sorry Jhal but rank sitting to perfect assassinate is just lame). I think I managed to pull it off in pk terms as well as rp terms, though for the latter I was lucky to be surrounded by people who can roleplay much better than me (Ilivarra, Mekantos, Foslin etc). This made me up my game in the rp stakes, good rp really does breed good rp in others.

I hate to delete and leave the Scion/Trib thing as it stands, but I wont be able to achieve what I was playing for so there was no point to go on. When its no longer fun its time to stop. I think somewhere along the way this character became more than just a character, I would dream about playing cf - when your getting console text-based dreams its pretty ####ed up. For those that care I deleted with 6 con, I originally had wanted a con death if I couldn't Imm, but that wasn't going to happen with leader-con.

I've only been playing cf for about 3 years, and my previous Scion was during Hallistra's Chancellorship...about 2-3 years ago approximately. Ofcourse I sucked back then, so I thought I would try and see what the new Scion was all about. Well, I have to take my hat off to Valg and Beroxxus, man Scion is the #### in terms of depth, theory. It is extremely well thought out, along with the scarab cabal/religion they are my favourite on cf...I'll definately be back to Scion, I just the concept and how well thought out it was...damn nice work Valg in coming up with all that ####. So basically for those wandering, Etarekoth was my second Scion (also my first cabal leader).

To the Imm who I last spoke with about imming, man you were 100% correct I was burned out. I felt so good after deleting, like a burden had been lifted off of my shoulders. I really do appreciate the reply, in terms of imming, I did not realise it would take between 1-->2 months in order to get a reply, I thought it would take
like a week or 2 at most heh.

Why was I burned out? Aside from the obvious of knowning two classes almost inside-out from constantly playing them....

Im going to basically put everything negative I have to say in here. Read it, dont, its your perogative.

Mainly for the Scion imms: Damn, I felt like you guys thought I was somehow inferior to the other cabal leaders, in terms of rp, pk, whatever. The main reason being is that all of the other leaders get something apart from leader con/leader age. Jinroh got his weapon almost instantly on becoming Commander. Basically every other leader has either (a) a leader weapon, (b) some special power, (c) some cool custom title. I thought I had definately earned (c), I could think of several appropriate titles which would have been wicked and made sense but obviously you guys thought I didn't deserve it. I mean damn, I look at the Outlander heroes and they're all sporting cool titles, and I just think that my character must be somehow inadquate compared to them.

About interaction...I had reached a stage with Eta where only immortal interaction could advance my understanding/knowledge about the cabal. Unfortunately that never happened...I tried asking Mekantos but he didn't know.

Finally to finish off this rant...I will just say DAMN VALG. 560+ hours and I did not see you visible once. I prayed, nothing. Where was the leet Valguarnerian interaction? Are you still bitter/jaded like you posted in Anith's goodbye? When is the last time you actually spoke to an empoweree? I have a sneaking suspicion that you were the Archmage who started talking #### over cb soon after I got Chancellor, saying #### like "If Thera comes to think that we fear the Imperials, I will have your head Etarekoth". That there is the number one reason why most of my characters are uncaballed low-profile killers. I simply ####ing hate to be put into a position where I cannot multi-kill/full-loot anyone who pisses me off. Etarekoth would not have taken any mortal scion saying #### like that, but when a mob says it god damn it is so frustrating, so I just basically had to let it slide which frankly just pissed me off and made me bitter/jaded. The note sent by the Archmage about the Trib thing...well that just made me think Why the hell did these guys make me Chancellor, if they want to lead the cabal?!

Perhaps what frustrated me the most was that I would pull off some pretty nice #### as Etarekoth...and I never ever heard one "Good Job" from the Immortals, never got any positive echoes...nothing. I only heard negative comments from the Archmage and thats about it.

That said, even if my last 100 hours were more of a job than something that is meant to be fun, the first 500 were a blast and I thank you imms for kick ass cabal.

On to the farewells:

Immortals
=========
Beroxxus: Man, from hereforth I shall refer to you exclusively as Beroxors. Your the man, you really are a players-Immortal. Thanks a bunch for all the various interactions with the nightwalkers, worthless, and yourself. I wanted to finish up the riddle stuff, but I just couldn't find you on when I was on which sucked for me. From my p.o.v, I wish our playing times were perfectly aligned, I think I could have achieved so much more..

Valg: Who? Just kidding, I guess I wasn't interesting enough to interact with, though I probably just seemed like small time when compared to the great leaders of the past, Dullameh, Illien, Hallistra etc.. Well, I would be curious to know if you watched me at all, and if so, what did you think? Oh, I had a blast in Ktengs, that area is sick, the detail is extreme, you are a ####ing genius for writing it. Man when I finished the quest there after so long...the feeling of satisfaction goes beyond perfecting assassinate, getting chancellor, anything really. I felt on top of the world heh.

Nep: Your equally insane as Valg. Silent Tower was purely kick ass man. Wicked, wicked, it was my escape from all the ####, I could go and mess around inside and not have to listen to any #### from the archmage, from nobody. The Tower itself is a pure killing machine, I think I lost approx 2 points of leader con, ie ~ 12 deaths. It took me an hour and a half to work out how to move floors heh. ST is an addiction on its own...I'll definately be back heh. All I can say is...####ing great work man.

Mekantos: It was a pleasure knowing you in your mortal life. A lot of people post on forums that your an ass, but you were never an ass to Etarekoth. I like to think there was a mutual respect between our characters, I know I gave you props for the arial ap and your roleplay was top notch. Pretty sure I know who your previous Chancellor was, damn man talking to you made me want to go read a dictionary. Well, good luck with the Imm stuff, and hassle Valg to give you the lowdown on the Sardenya ####, as well as the stuff I asked you about so my next Scion can get some answers

Dauwryn/Sossaphrin: Was fun interacting with you, I would read your posts and it felt I had my own personal fan club Keep telling the world how great I am! But don't comment too much on my roleplay, its embarrasing

Well I won't get into any more specific farewells there are just way too many people...if you post something I'll probably reply on an individual basis.

Romanul, killing time before a ####ing cobol lecture.
acedamace@hotmail.com

Foslin (Guest)Tue 16-Mar-04 10:51 PM

#25434, "Glad I inducted you..."
In response to Reply #1

And you went on to great things.

Just so you know, I did not get anything special when I became Chancellor. Good luck man. I just thought I would drop in and say hi.

ValguarneraWed 17-Mar-04 09:28 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25465, "Sure you did."
In response to Reply #2

Just so you know, I did not get anything special when I became Chancellor.

All of your cabal powers "knew" that you were Chancellor, and behaved accordingly. It's a subtle difference in some cases, but always useful. Scion powers occasionally reference a retarded number of variables, and maybe the leader perk got lost in the shuffle.

The 'leader weapon' makes great sense for some cabals, but I never felt it fit with Scion. Plus, I never have to deal with "I lost it." prayers.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Leadweapons (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 06:54 PM

#25480, "Lost.. Last leader weapon I saw Divox could not be sacd..."
In response to Reply #23

nt

Lardovian (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 07:00 PM

#25481, "Well.."
In response to Reply #37

During my time as Magister for the Warlocks I lost the leader-thingy I got three times due to crashes before I could get back and pick it up after I died. I think one time I even had it picked up and had hit 'save', but CF chose to crash at just that instant so it never went through. If that's not irony I don't know what is.

You're correct on the non-pickubale and non-sacrificable though.

Lardovian

Daurwyn (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 07:47 PM

#25485, "I've done most of it"
In response to Reply #38

I lost my leader item to a crash. I never reported it so it wasn't replaced until Savraeth asked me why I chose not to wear it.

I then sacced it upon my retirement. It hurt. A lot.

ValguarneraThu 18-Mar-04 08:17 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25487, "I'm aware."
In response to Reply #37

However, sacrifice is far from the only way objects can be destroyed in CF. We patch loopholes where practical, but every once in a while something creeps up and the weapon ends up on the ground, in the possession of a PC or NPC, or somewhere inaccessible.

This is, of course, not the reason why I don't hand out leader weapons. As I stated above, it's a matter of doing something a little different in each cabal, and fitting their unique themes.

ORBMon 22-Mar-04 12:47 AM
993 posts
#25637, "RE: I'm aware."
In response to Reply #44

While I'm sure the boost to cabal powers is a nice perk. It's a bit dull for a leader reward power. A new something is always more exciting then a boost to a current thing. Why not allow them to call one of the greater nightwalkers or something cool like that. The nightwalker doesn't even have to do anything, just hover there and look bad ass.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Rom (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 02:52 AM

#25639, "Agreed..."
In response to Reply #57

Its not so much that I needed anything extra, its just that I wanted something that I could wave around and say hey look at me I get this cause im special. Even some echoes on the Chancellor powers that others could see would be neat.

As an aside, would you consider for a hider leader power: allowing them to call nightwalker and nightfist without stepping out?

Cheers,
Romanul.

BajulaTue 16-Mar-04 11:16 PM
929 posts
#25435, "From Lerrik:"
In response to Reply #1

I never did as little damage to anyone else.
the eastern road thing was funny as hell.
first i went out no preps no nothin'
head back to town, heal up, use an armor potion and i think maybe a fly, but maybe that was next time.
head out. hrm that didn't do it. next armor, and a root.
add a little each time. hehe.
I expected to die, all my armor had been pitted and etched anyway and i felt i had had the same clothes for too long.
then i got sidetracked because i hate to see anyone fade out alone.
but that fight was just hilarious.
(only time i fought you if i remember right)
unless you were one of the someone's who assassinated me??

Grurk MuoukTue 16-Mar-04 11:56 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25436, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #1

Firstly, let me say well done.

I loved how we seemed to have a unspoken alliance, the two of us.
It might have been just the respect an assassin gives a giant with
big axes, (who can see you) or something more calculated on your
side. Either way, it was nice to have the interactions we did.

Good luck with your next.

Grurk

MekantosWed 17-Mar-04 12:09 AM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
#25437, "Salute!"
In response to Reply #1

Hey man, it sucks that you are gone, but in a way it's a good thing
because I can actually give you feedback without the Mekantos slant
(which tends to make even a compliment feel like a berating). First
off, you impressed a lot of people, including me. When you were first
inducted I was kinda like "What the hell? This dude waits until he
heroes and then tries to get into the cabal?!". It's actually
not a bad thing, but the sudden, almost whimsical decision to join
a cabal coming from such a well-played character seemed odd to me.
(By the way, were you a hero, or in the 40's when you got inducted? I
can't remember...) But I immediately came to value your presence in
regards to both RP and PK.

I still grit my teeth over that duel-gone-bad in the Chasm, but after
reading the log on Dio's I couldn't help but laugh at how ironic it
was. If we had both been going gung-ho, I'm not sure what would have
happened, but I'm just gonna go with my standard "I would have whooped
that ass" line.

About giving you interactions after I Imm'd:
Well, I would have loved to have been able to do more, but there is
only so much I know and can act on as an Avatar. Feel free to drop me
an e-mail concerning anything that you want to gab about.

Mekantos@carrionfields.com

See you soon, and don't get jaded! I'd recommend playing something
that you would normally scoff at, and make it rule.

-Mek

RomanulWed 17-Mar-04 02:13 AM
114 posts
#25443, "RE: Salute!"
In response to Reply #5

When you were first
inducted I was kinda like "What the hell? This dude waits until he
heroes and then tries to get into the cabal?!". It's actually
not a bad thing, but the sudden, almost whimsical decision to join
a cabal coming from such a well-played character seemed odd to me.
(By the way, were you a hero, or in the 40's when you got inducted? I
can't remember...) But I immediately came to value your presence in
regards to both RP and PK.

I approached the then immortal Ghuljun at approx rank 40 to get inducted, he told me to write a note and logged off. I never saw him again and he deleted. So I went and prayed for Beroxxus with no luck. Foslin (pre Chancellor) wrote me a recommendation during this time, and a bunch of other scions (Sossaphrin, Nakterius) also wanted me in the cabal. The only problem being was that there was nobody to induct me. So I kept ranking with Team Scion, and one day Foslin got Chancellor and I was inducted the next day.

About giving you interactions after I Imm'd:
Well, I would have loved to have been able to do more, but there is
only so much I know and can act on as an Avatar. Feel free to drop me
an e-mail concerning anything that you want to gab about.

Your interactions after you immed were fine man, no worries. I especially enjoyed that one which I havn't posted for obvious reasons (you know which one you sneaky bastard!).

ValguarneraWed 17-Mar-04 09:40 PM
6904 posts
#25466, "RE: Salute!"
In response to Reply #5

I'd recommend playing something
that you would normally scoff at, and make it rule.

This is generally good advice for miscellaneous readers. I get vaguely nauseous at the number of "________ is overpowered!" posts where it is obvious the person writing the post has never been on the other side. This also includes "_______ always gangs!", "_______ are all bad roleplayers!", etc.

Kazadan (Guest)Wed 17-Mar-04 01:07 AM

#25440, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #1

From the PK angle, unfortunately I met you during the time when
you died a tiny bit more than normal. Props for the Race/Class
combo and making it work. Your logs were absolutely awesome, too,
lots of interactions I never had the chance to see as Kazadan. We
only had a few interactions, raiding the Fortress together a couple
times was one (I often got away, and everyone else died - you and
Daranor I remember in one part , Sorry) and hearing the occasional
so-and-so is been killed when you'd be on your assassination bouts.

Other than that, the part in Kteng's was pretty interesting, however
I knew there was a limit. As I said in my goodbye and you said in
yours, Scion is an absolutely awesome concept, with powers that
rock (useful even if you are a warrior, but moreso as a mage).
Beroxxus and his interactions were awesome. I did think Valg spoke
to me as the Archmage a handful of times due to it being during the
time Beroxxus was on vacation, so nyah nyah got more immteraction
from him than you.

However, I was right. In my goodbye, I said that though the concept
of Scion absolutely rocks and they have a fair amount of in depth
info in game (mostly in the Chasm), but it was at a limit. You
responded on my goodbye that you would have included me in it, and
I said something on the lines of 'Yeah, but its all foreplay. I want
more than I know they'll provide.' Again, awesome cabal, best mud
around, but I must say if I was a Scion Imm right now which I would
love to be, my first concern would be to make an area fit for
exploring which relates heavily to the main point of Scion: The
Shadow Plane. Since they haven't done it, I'm assuming that all it
would do is cause headaches for me b/c I would want to get into the
role more and would be cutoff of any additional depth in absence
of interaction. So, I tried to be a little evil PK machine =). Nothing
complicated, but not the ooky spooky mage wielding 'forbidden' magic,
just sorta putting on semi-paper hats and pretending that you are.
This is my favorite cabal of my favorite mud, but, I'd want more .
However, Beroxxus still does rock, despite the above, (and so does
Mekantos for being the evil immortal little sh*t that he RPs).

Good luck on the next,
- Kazadan

CharadeWed 17-Mar-04 01:58 AM
120 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25442, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #1

Thought you had a great Character. One of the ones I was always lookin to find When I played Sardinthal. Top notch in every way I saw. Well done.

Kwalin (Guest)Wed 17-Mar-04 03:16 AM

#25445, "and it's time to bring forth your shadowy torch..."
In response to Reply #1

so it can be snuffed the hell out. Was great playing with you, and I look forward to seeing your next incarnation in the fields. We had some good times, some interesting conversations, some shared knowledge, some untold secrets, and a hell of a lot of enemy corpses. You were always someone I could count on to make a mark on the opposition whenever they reared their ugly heads. Going to miss you parry god.

Jyslin (Guest)Wed 17-Mar-04 03:23 AM

#25446, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #1

Fine forget about me! Why did you go!!! Bah....just when things were getting interesting.

RomanulWed 17-Mar-04 04:57 AM
114 posts
#25454, "Heh"
In response to Reply #10

Etarekoth's relationship with you was interesting to roleplay out, I remember when we first met I was pretty blunt in putting you in your place, ie under my boot heh. Drow biatch. But then you proved yourself and showed you were competent, and it was all good. In some regards, this actually made it easier for me to delete, because I knew there was someone there who had a clue about what was going on and would be able to lead the cabal decently after I as gone. I hope that last conversation enlightened you a bit as to some of the deeper Scion theory and all that. Well, just passing the torch really, its your turn now, hopefully a change of power wont take as long as it did from Foslin to me.

Romanul.

DrokkWed 17-Mar-04 03:28 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2004
51 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25447, "Great job"
In response to Reply #1

We didn't get to see each other that much, but I
enjoyed my application interview very much. I was
basically clueless (still am, though I am trying to
improve ) so I was very pleasantly surprised when
you inducted me.

A shame we never got off to the silent tower together
but then again, I look forward to finding the entrance
on my own.

Thanks for the help. Too bad you are burned out.
Well, I can just say that I am addicted! This game
is just so much fun. Perhaps I will feel the same
way as you do in some years, but for now there is
just so much to discover and figure out.

RomanulWed 17-Mar-04 03:56 AM
114 posts
#25448, "All in a days work..the two Z's"
In response to Reply #1

**From my pre-scion days. Zhelrantix was then
**captain and Zylundak was the Commander.

<765/765hp 599m 548mv 20093tnl | civilized 5 PM> e
where
A Dining Hall

( 3) The large tail of a rat lies bleeding before you.
A tall broom lies across the floor.
( 3) A nice smelling blood beast steak lies here.
A bloody skin made from a corpse lies here.
A large rat scurries across the floor, looking for his next meal.
(WANTED) Zhelrantix is here.
A floor sweeper walks through the lumberyard, sweeping up the trash.
A lumberyard worker sits eating a meal, after his long shift.
A large cook stands covered in food, offering meals to the workers.

<765/765hp 599m 547mv 20093tnl | civilized 5 PM> People near you:
(PK) Zhelrantix A Dining Hall
(PK) Etarekoth A Dining Hall

<765/765hp 599m 547mv 20093tnl | civilized 5 PM>
You can stalk again.

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20093tnl | civilized 5 PM> assassinate Zhelrantix
You slide up behind Zhelrantix and drive your sword through his back.
Zhelrantix falls to the floor, blood flooding from his pierced heart.
Zhelrantix is DEAD!!
You hear Zhelrantix's death cry.
You have become better at assassinate!

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 5 PM>
A floor sweeper picks up some trash.

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 5 PM> A swift shadow passes through the singing wind in ominous silence.
Huh?

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 5 PM> get all.coins corpse
You step out of the shadows.
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You get 3 gold coins from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get 235 silver coins from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get 821 copper coins from the corpse of Zhelrantix.

A centipede has arrived.

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 5 PM> get gaunlets corpse
You see nothing like that in the corpse.

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 5 PM> get skullcleaver corpse
You get Mael'nek, the Skullcleaver from the corpse of Zhelrantix.

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 5 PM> exam corpse
hide

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 5 PM> The bloodied corpse of Zhelrantix lies here, a look of surprise frozen on its features.
The corpse of Zhelrantix contains:
a large saddle bag
a pair of silver-lined sleeves
( 2) (Humming) 'Vengeance', the Shining Sword
an ogre-horned helm
( 2) a golden lion's wrath ring
( 2) (Glowing) a Talisman of Strength
a primitive fertility mask
( 2) a malachite bracelet
a polished mithril breastplate
red-trimmed black adamantite plate boots
an eog sabre with a jagged edge
a girdle of giant strength
( 2) (Glowing) a wicked battleaxe
Leggings from the Scales of Tiamat
(Humming) Lifthasir, the dual-bladed battleaxe
a skin from the snow leopard
a pair of darkened mithril gauntlets studded with small spikes
(Glowing) a sword of fine black steel
a large wooden barrel
(Glowing) (Humming) an unholy axe, 'Nightbringer'
a heavy key

You tell Zhelrantix 'And so falls the Captain of Battle'

**Snip: Wait a bit.

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 10 PM> Zhelrantix says 'Show yourself, eh?>'
You attempt to hide.

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 10 PM> i
You are carrying:
( 2) (Glowing) a Talisman of Strength
a primitive fertility mask
a girdle of giant strength
an eog sabre with a jagged edge
( 2) a malachite bracelet
Leggings from the Scales of Tiamat
a pair of silver-lined sleeves
red-trimmed black adamantite plate boots
(Humming) Mael'nek, the Skullcleaver
a sapphire periapt
(Glowing) (Humming) a razor-thin dagger 'Storm Shear'
(Glowing) (Humming) the ivory-hilted wakizashi
(Glowing) a dagger named 'frostbite'
nightmare blade
a tanned leather backpack

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 10 PM> l
vis
A Dining Hall
Tables fill the small dining hall, as men and women eat hot meals during
their break. Working in the lumberyard for long hours, they come here for a
small break from the long shifts they work. The cook offers a variety of
foods for their consumption, as the many wooden tables offer a seat for a
brief rest. Here, they can also come for first aid, for the aches and
bruises of daily life in the lumberyard.

The bloodied corpse of Zhelrantix lies here, a look of surprise frozen on its features.
(Ghost) Zhelrantix is here.
A small centipede scurries through the shadows.
A large rat scurries across the floor, looking for his next meal.
A floor sweeper walks through the lumberyard, sweeping up the trash.
A large cook stands covered in food, offering meals to the workers.

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 10 PM> You step out of the shadows.
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 10 PM>
Zhelrantix says 'I wish to have a word with you.'

<765/765hp 599m 581mv 20091tnl | civilized 10 PM> where

Zhelrantix looks at you.

Zhelrantix says 'You take most my things, yet you do not wear them..'

You whisper 'Still sorting'

Zhelrantix smirks.

Zhelrantix says 'You return nothing then?'

You whisper 'Let me sort eh'

Zhelrantix says 'My mind was bloody gone.'

You whisper 'I'll return what I do not need'

You whisper 'Even though ragers strip me clean every time'

Zhelrantix says 'Eh'

Zhelrantix says 'Why would ragers wish your corpse?'

You whisper 'I like to hunt you fellows'

You whisper 'You might like to have a word with Slathigern or Ruorik'

You whisper 'I've got quite the reputation within the village'

Zhelrantix says 'Why would I?'

You flex your muscles proudly!

Unkhamen has arrived.

Unkhamen says 'A question big feller...'

Zhelrantix says 'bah, what is it?'

You snicker softly.

Unkhamen says 'You seem to have the right idea about the magi'

Unkhamen says 'What is the village stance on communers'

Unkhamen says 'And I need an anser...'

Unkhamen blinks a few times.

You ponder the question.

Unkhamen says 'bout the stance on communers'

**I hand him back some of the gear.

Zhelrantix is using:
<worn on finger> a golden lion's wrath ring
<worn around neck> (Glowing) a Talisman of Strength
<worn on body> a polished mithril breastplate
<worn on head> an ogre-horned helm
<worn on feet> firewalker boots
<worn on hands> a pair of darkened mithril gauntlets studded with small spikes
<worn about body> a skin from the snow leopard
<worn about waist> a polished iron girth
<wielded> (Glowing) a sword of fine black steel

Zhelrantix says 'That is it then?'

**Hand him back his malachites too.

Unkhamen snorts.

You whisper 'See, I'm a reasonable sort of fellow'

Zhelrantix smirks.

Unkhamen leaves north.

You whisper 'Not for carrying too many things to weigh me down'

Zhelrantix is using:
<worn on head> an ogre-horned helm
<worn on feet> firewalker boots
<worn on hands> a pair of darkened mithril gauntlets studded with small spikes
<worn about waist> a polished iron girth
<worn around wrist> a malachite bracelet
<worn around wrist> a malachite bracelet
<wielded> (Glowing) a sword of fine black steel

Zhelrantix says 'Bah..you're quite pathetic, really.'

You whisper 'Do Explain'

Zhelrantix says 'You hunt mindlessly.'

**Here we go...the Tried and True statement
**aimed at the person who just killed you.

You whisper 'And you draw such conclusions from....'

Zhelrantix says 'Your inability to answer why you hunt Villagers.'

You whisper 'And I would wish to impart such knowledge on you because...'

Zhelrantix shrugs indifferently.

Zhelrantix says 'Do not ask why I find you pathetic, then.'

Zhelrantix yells 'You have not the balls to fight me..'

**I AM GOING TO CHARGE RIGHT IN SIR OH YES OH YES!
**BASH BASH BASH TRIP TRIP TRIP!

You tell Zhelrantix 'You are a warrior, a true student of the art of combat. I am an assassin, a student of the shadows, who picks when and where to weave his craft'

Sabiene tells you 'Greetings, assassin. I have a question for you.'

You tell Sabiene 'My Humble Greetings Lord, do ask'

Sabiene tells you 'Is it so that you have skillfully slain Slathigern, Ruorik, and others of the village of Battle?'

You tell Sabiene 'It is so'

**Slathigern logs on.

You tell Sabiene 'Why there is Slathigern'

You tell Sabiene 'You may ask for yourself'

Sabiene tells you 'They really are going to have to be more careful methinks. Even so, is there some grudge you bear against them?'

Sabiene tells you 'I believe you, no worries. I simply wish to know if there is something that has happened that I should know of.'

You tell Sabiene 'No grudge. I suppose that I might be slightly annoyed at them for picking me clean every time I fall, but I bear no "grudge" towards them'

You tell Sabiene 'My Lord, nothing has happened that you should be aware of.'

Sabiene tells you 'Oh.'

You tell Sabiene 'Villagers die for their cause every day. How is this different?'

Sabiene tells you 'I'm just trying to figure in where you fit into our war, that's all'

Sabiene tells you 'So... you attack them for practice then? Or something? *seems confused*'

You tell Sabiene 'Something else...there is always something else. If I did it for practice, I would pick on those who have a small chance of killing me'

You tell Sabiene 'As it is, I risk all when I attack the villagers'

Sabiene tells you 'We are not supposed to be slaying non-Scional non-mages, yet you find cause to slay them, so I wish to know why'

You tell Sabiene 'Oh, let the slaying and carnage begin Lord!'

You tell Sabiene 'Slay away I say!'

Sabiene tells you 'Oh, I see. You don't mind? You expect it? Very well.'

You tell Sabiene 'Oh no, I don't mind it. I encourage it!'

You tell Sabiene 'As long as we are talking about mortals here...er I would not like to be going up against the Immortal Lords of battle'

Sabiene tells you 'You need not fear that.'

Sabiene tells you 'I am not upset, really. There is just the matter of I can't have my kin not striking you every chance they get if you have declared war on them. You seem to understand.'

You tell Sabiene 'I have not declared a "war". I do not fight "wars" really, not by conventional means.'

Sabiene tells you 'Ah well the definition fits here, as I see it.'

You tell Sabiene 'I suppose, I shall defer to your most wise Immortal Judgement.'

< 15> Sabiene: Etarekoth
Sun Sep 28 21:09:46 2003
To: Battle Etarekoth

I normally do not do this, but I feel forced in this case.
After speaking with this assassin, he has called for all reprisal
in his assassination attempts upon the village.
There is nothing unclear about this - he has declared war.
He wishes reprisal, and will continue attacking, so
I cannot in good concience allow him to prey on you unheeded.
Until a greater Lord than I chooses to say otherwise,
treat this one as a foe in all situations you feel you must.
Leave not your back, or any other part, vulnerable to him.

Sabiene, Healing Hand of Battle, Defender of the Kara Chal

You tell Sabiene 'Oh my Lord, I feel humbled that you have taken the time to write a missive about a dark-elven assassin of little reknown.'

Sabiene tells you 'I feel it is my duty to do so. If you seek to test yourself, you surely will do so. As you wish it.'

You tell Sabiene 'Rest assured my Lord, I shall not dissapoint!'

**I go rank a bit, get interrupted by Fortress. Head to
**BlackClaw to log off when I see this:

<705/705hp 604m 348mv 15015tnl | civilized 1 PM> A Path Beside a Crumbling Fence

<705/705hp 604m 345mv 15015tnl | wilderness 1 PM> People near you:
(PK) Etarekoth A Path Beside a Crumbling Fence
(PK) Zylundak Blackclaw Weapons Center
Sardinthal Blackclaw Weapons Center

**Too good to be true, someone actually conducting an
**interview/guild-sitting in Blackclaw. I proceed to stalk.

<725/725hp 604m 550mv 14980tnl | civilized 4 PM> sca n
where
You scan north.
***** Range 1 *****
Zylundak is here.
Gerald, the local butcher and preserver, awaits your order.

<725/725hp 604m 550mv 14980tnl | civilized 4 PM> People near you:
(PK) Etarekoth Path around the Pile
(PK) Zylundak The Smokehouse

<725/725hp 604m 550mv 14980tnl | civilized 4 PM> n
assassinate Zylundak
The Smokehouse

A large glass of pale golden wine stands here.
( 2) A dagger covered with grime lies here.
Zylundak is here.
Gerald, the local butcher and preserver, awaits your order.

<725/725hp 604m 547mv 14980tnl | civilized 4 PM> Sizing up Zylundak, you pretend to stumble and sprawl into him.
Before he realizes what you have done, you slip your dagger under his ribcage.
Stepping back, you watch as Zylundak vainly tries to prevent his life blood from running out of his chest.
Zylundak slips to the ground as blood gurgles out from his mouth.
Zylundak is DEAD!!

<725/725hp 604m 547mv 14980tnl | civilized 4 PM> get all corpse
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You are burned by a set of polished mithril armplates and drop it quickly.
Your burning hands scratches you.
You are burned by a set of polished mithril legplates and drop it quickly.
You get a pair of steel-clawed boots from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a badge of dull black feathers from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a pitch-black ring from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a black mitre from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get gauntlets of ogre power from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get an Arkham signet ring from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get an amulet of the Viper from the corpse of Zylundak.
A shining breastplate of pure mithril: you can't carry that many items.
A steel avian mask: you can't carry that many items.
A malachite bracelet: you can't carry that many items.
A forest colored cloak: you can't carry that many items.
A dagger named 'Feathered Death': you can't carry that many items.
A large sack: you can't carry that many items.
The flaming sceptre of Chaos: you can't carry that many items.
A shimmering ornate silver scepter: you can't carry that many items.
A spiked buckler: you can't carry that many items.
A sword of fine black steel: you can't carry that many items.
A glimmering longsword: you can't carry that many items.
A Frostbrand sword: you can't carry that many items.
A trophy belt with the scalp of Breadfan: you can't carry that many items.
A longsword of dark steel: you can't carry that many items.
The Skull Sword: you can't carry that many items.
A rothe-hide water skin attached to a strap: you can't carry that many items.
A black sword: you can't carry that many items.
A jeweled broadsword: you can't carry that many items.
A practice staff: you can't carry that many items.
A practice polearm: you can't carry that many items.
A practice axe: you can't carry that many items.
A practice dagger: you can't carry that many items.
A white sword: you can't carry that many items.
You get 15 gold coins from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get 29 silver coins from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get 1869 copper coins from the corpse of Zylundak.

You tell Sabiene 'I hope I do not dissapoint!'

**A few days later I'm stalking Zhelrantix who has been
**sitting at the rager shrine for ####ing ages. Zaknafir
**provides some incentive for him to move his ass.

<791/791hp 638m 572mv 11513tnl | civilized 7 AM>
Zaknafir yells 'Zhelrantix, your butt must be getting sore.'

<791/791hp 638m 572mv 11513tnl | civilized 7 AM> where
where
People near you:
(PK) Zaknafir Before a fortified hillock
(PK) Etarekoth Before a fortified hillock
(PK) Zhelrantix The Shrine of the BattleRagers

Zhelrantix yells 'Perhaps..'

Zhelrantix yells 'Yours must be as well..I'm sure you and that assassin stand together close enough.'

Zaknafir says in a calm voice 'I will try to knock him out.'

Zaknafir yells 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Destructor!'

Zhelrantix yells 'Die, Zaknafir, you sorcerous dog!'

**Snip: Me spamming where.

<791/791hp 638m 581mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> where
e
People near you:
Baielko The Shrine of the BattleRagers
(PK) Zaknafir Before the pillar of legends
(PK) Zhelrantix Blood Square

**I see that he has moved, time to quaff reduce.

<791/791hp 638m 581mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> The Breaching of the Walls of the Ostalagiah Ruins

<791/791hp 638m 578mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> get diminution backpack
drink diminution
hide
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You get a flask of diminution from a tanned leather backpack.

<791/791hp 638m 578mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> You drink water from a flask of diminution.
You do not feel thirsty.
You sway dizzily for a moment then begin shrinking rapidly!
The world seems to be getting bigger around you.

<791/791hp 638m 578mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> You attempt to hide.

<791/791hp 638m 578mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> w
w
where
Before a fortified hillock

<791/791hp 638m 575mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> af

Zhelrantix has arrived.

<791/791hp 638m 575mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> Among the barbaric huts

(Invis) (Translucent) (Encased in Ice) Zaknafir is here.

<791/791hp 638m 572mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> People near you:
Baielko Blood Square
(PK) Zaknafir Before a fortified hillock
(PK) Etarekoth Among the barbaric huts
(PK) Zhelrantix Before a fortified hillock

<791/791hp 638m 572mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> e
You are affected by:
Skill: 'detect hidden' for 40 hours.
Skill: 'heightened awareness' for 40 hours.
Skill: 'endure' modifies armor class by -40 for 11 hours.
Skill: 'endure' modifies save vs spell by -20 for 11 hours.
Spell: 'reduce' modifies size by -1 for 2 hours.

<791/791hp 638m 572mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> where
Before a fortified hillock

Zhelrantix is here.

<791/791hp 638m 569mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> People near you:
Baielko Blood Square
(PK) Zhelrantix Before a fortified hillock

<791/791hp 638m 569mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM>
Zhelrantix leaves west.

<791/791hp 638m 569mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> assassinate Zhelrantix

Zhelrantix has arrived.

<791/791hp 638m 569mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> hide
Quickly stepping in front of Zhelrantix, you see the surprise on his face.
With a swift, fluid upswing you slice Zhelrantix's abdomen open.
Collapsing with shock and horror, Zhelrantix watches his entrails spill onto the ground.
Gripping your sword with both hands you quickly drive it through Zhelrantix's back as he falls.
As Zhelrantix gasps his final breath, you extract your sword.
Zhelrantix is DEAD!!
Zhelrantix's leg is sliced from his dead body.

<791/791hp 638m 569mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> get all corpse
hide
You attempt to hide.

<791/791hp 638m 569mv 11513tnl | civilized 10 AM> You step out of the shadows.
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You get an ogre-horned helm from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get a golden lion's wrath ring from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get a golden lion's wrath ring from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You are burned by a pair of darkened mithril gauntlets studded with small spikes and drop it quickly.
You get a Talisman of Strength from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get a Talisman of Strength from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get a polished iron girth from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get a malachite bracelet from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get a malachite bracelet from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
A primitive fertility mask: you can't carry that many items.
A pair of knife-like arm bands: you can't carry that many items.
A set of polished mithril legplates: you can't carry that many items.
A spider hide breastplate: you can't carry that many items.
A longsword engraved with a heron: you can't carry that many items.
A pair of steel-toed boots: you can't carry that many items.
An eog sabre with a jagged edge: you can't carry that many items.
A skin from the snow leopard: you can't carry that many items.
A large saddle bag: you can't carry that many items.
The Dragon Slayer: you can't carry that many items.
A metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt: you can't carry that many items.
'Vengeance', the Shining Sword: you can't carry that many items.
A large wooden barrel: you can't carry that many items.
A two-handed white sword: you can't carry that many items.
You get 2 silver coins from the corpse of Zhelrantix.
You get 54 copper coins from the corpse of Zhelrantix.

Zaknafir grins slighly as he lets out a weak chuckle.

You nod.

Zaknafir says in a calm voice 'Well done.'

**Snip, he returns to his corpse.

<791/791hp 638m 581mv 11513tnl | civilized 1 PM> Before a fortified hillock
A large mound of earth has been pushed up here, forming a strategically
planned barrier to the village just beyond. Behind the earthen barricade
stand the gates -- heavy, massive, fortified iron gates that require much
muscle-power to move -- and beyond them you can see the faces of numerous
huts, most looking as rugged as the hills before you. In the distance,
people move about within the secluded village, and smoke drifts up from
various campfires and cookstoves. The gruff sound of barbaric voices drifts
to you on the wind, as does the occasional burst of laughter and clang of
metal.

A metal canteen lies here on the ground.
The bloodied corpse of Zhelrantix lies here, a look of surprise frozen on its features.
(Ghost) Zhelrantix is here.
Baielko is here.

Baielko nods.

Zhelrantix says 'Get anything?'

You snicker softly.

You whisper 'Good Day, Captain'

Zhelrantix says 'Only way you can put me down, eh?'

You whisper 'Seems so'

Zhelrantix says 'Damned cowards.'

You snicker softly.

You tell Sabiene 'My Lord, I hope I am proving worthy of your little war'

Sabiene tells you 'I wouldn't know. I haven't heard about you lately.'

You tell Sabiene 'Well, seeing as I just got Zhelrantix again, I was hoping you might have heard something'

Sabiene tells you 'Well, no. Likely because you got him due to the same reason as last, his, erm, mind faltered. You know.'

You tell Sabiene 'Right...I er, perfectly understand you'

Sabiene tells you 'Not that this is your fault.'

RomanulWed 17-Mar-04 03:57 AM
114 posts
#25449, "Representing for Team Scion"
In response to Reply #1

**Sharidum and Jaalek raiding..

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 12 AM> Jaalek looks at Sharidum.
Jaalek's divine power mauls the Archmage of Eternal Night.
Jaalek's divine power MUTILATES the Archmage of Eternal Night!
Sharidum's slash MASSACRES the Archmage of Eternal Night!
Sharidum's slice MASSACRES the Archmage of Eternal Night!
The Archmage of Eternal Night's slash devastates Sharidum!
The Archmage of Eternal Night utters the words, 'noselacri'.
Sharidum appears to be blinded.

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 12 AM>
The Dark Healer closes its eyes for a moment and nods at you.

Sharidum leaves north.
Sharidum has fled!

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 12 AM> n

Jaalek's divine power wounds the Archmage of Eternal Night.
Jaalek's divine power EVISCERATES the Archmage of Eternal Night!

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 12 AM> poisondarts acidic Sharidum
At the Base of the Stairs

(Pink Aura) Sharidum is here.
Sharidum looks more enlightened.

<948/948hp 759m 730mv | civilized 12 AM> Carefully sizing up your target, you release a tiny poisonous dart with a flick of your wrist.
Your poisonous dart nicks the skin of Sharidum.
You have become better at poison darts!
Sharidum yells 'Oouch!'
Sharidum screams in pain as the acid from the dart burns into his blood!

<948/948hp 759m 730mv | civilized 12 AM>
Sharidum shifts painfully.
Sharidum's poison darts injures him.

Jaalek has arrived.

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 12 AM> assassinate Sharidum

Sharidum snickers softly.

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 12 AM> You slide up behind Sharidum and drive your sword through his back.
Sharidum falls to the floor, blood flooding from his pierced heart.
Sharidum is DEAD!!
Sharidum's heart is torn from his chest.

Etarekoth: Sharidum has been delivered to his rightful fate.

You tell Agarah 'Just assassinated Sharidum while he was raiding'

Sharidum says 'dad ith a liddle annnnooyinn bud..'

Sharidum snickers softly.

Sharidum sits down and rests.

You tell Agarah 'Jaalek is here, slowed, if you want him'

Sharidum says 'gihinn annydinng back?'

You whisper 'Depends'

Agarah tells you 'What of the darktears?'

You tell Agarah 'No sign of him'

Sharidum says 'annd yeah I amm leahinn'

You whisper 'If you leave'

You whisper 'I shall return your things'

Sharidum nods.

You whisper 'However...you cannot return here until I take my leave'

Sharidum says 'juthd hoollar whenn yoou leahe'

You whisper 'So...no more raiding this day, on your part'

You whisper 'Agreed?'

Sharidum nods.

Sharidum says 'Yeth'

**I return gear, Agarah comes, spells up Jaalek.

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 7 AM>
Jaalek yells 'Help someone is attacking me!'
Agarah utters the words, 'saxzf xafe turr'.
Agarah points to Jaalek and says 'Die'.
Agarah's word of death === OBLITERATES === Jaalek!

Sharidum stops using a mattock of tundra evergreen.
Agarah's slash wounds Jaalek.

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 7 AM> l jaalek

Agarah's slash mauls Jaalek.

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 7 AM> Towering before you is a behemoth of a man. His hair, once an ashen grey, is
caked with dirt and dried blood. As you stare into his emerald eyes a feeling
of calm washes over you, as his resolve seems to radiate from his entire
being. Fear begins to grip you as the gaze of this enormous giant falls upon
you, for behind those emerald eyes you catch a glimpse of intelligence, a
deadly combination that now graces Thera. The giant's muscles swell to sizes
only one of his race could possess. His hands are enormous, and they wrap
lightly about the weapon he carries, gently grasping it yet having the
potential of substantial destruction. As you stare deeper into his eyes an
eternal darkness envelops his once emerald corneas and a low guttural roar
emanates from his lips. His hands tighten about his weapon and his expression
of resolve is replaced with a look of pain and anguish, it almost seems like
he is fighting something within, a battle waging in his very soul. The
darkness in his eyes slowly fades as he regains his air of determination.
Jaalek, a male cloud giant, is gushing blood.

Jaalek is using:
<worn on finger> (Glowing) a silvery ring
<worn on finger> an amethyst ring
<worn on legs> some leggings from the snow worm
<worn on feet> a pair of steel chain boots
<worn on arms> a pair of armguards from the snow worm

Agarah utters the words, 'unsozfol egruui'.

Sharidum gets an axe named 'The Punisher' from a cowhide knapsack.

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 7 AM> l
where
At the Base of the Stairs
Here, the harshly cut stone steps descend quietly to a level floor,
descending as the longest edge of a right triangle. The swirling winds
with no visible source carry a malodorous blend of brimstone and the acrid
after-effects of lightning through this place, and faint motes of pallid
light flicker in and out of existence in a dance at the edge of your
perceptions. The ashen stone has been emblazoned with great sigils here,
savagely sliced forth with the precision strokes of a master's hand. To
the south, a gothic and stern opening has been taken from the surrounding
stone, where a faint hum echoes forth. The remaining wall supports a
smaller archway, beside which stands a massive statue.

The bloodied corpse of Sharidum lies here, a look of surprise frozen on its features.
(Ghostly) Agarah is here, fighting Jaalek.
(Ghost) Sharidum is here.
Jaalek is here, fighting Agarah.

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 7 AM> People near you:
Jaalek At the Base of the Stairs
(PK) Etarekoth At the Base of the Stairs
Sharidum At the Base of the Stairs
(PK) Agarah At the Base of the Stairs
(PK) Zylundak Above the Chasm

Zylundak has arrived.
Agarah yells 'Help! I am being attacked by Zylundak!'
Zylundak's beating DISMEMBERS Agarah!

Agarah's energy drain MASSACRES Jaalek!
Zylundak delivers a blow of deadly force!
Zylundak's beating >>> ANNIHILATES <<< Agarah!
Zylundak's beating DISMEMBERS Agarah!

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 7 AM> hide
You attempt to hide.

Zylundak brings a polished mithril warhammer around to hit Agarah's head!
Zylundak's cranial hit DISMEMBERS Agarah!

<948/948hp 759m 731mv | civilized 7 AM> Target set to Zylundak.
hide

Jaalek delivers a blow of deadly force!
Zylundak's wrath MANGLES Agarah!
Zylundak delivers a blow of deadly force!
Zylundak's beating <<< ERADICATES >>> Agarah!
Agarah is DEAD!!
Agarah's severed head plops on the ground.

Sharidum gets a dark-elf long sword from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a sky blue wand from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a wide bronze belt from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a sandy-brown desert cloak from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a sandy-brown desert cloak from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a black mitre from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a feather of levitation from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a pitch-black ring from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a suit of silver-gray platemail from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a black robe of the Magi from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets firewalker boots from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets some leather gloves with black inscriptions from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets some leggings from the snow worm from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets a pair of armguards from the snow worm from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets 3 gold coins from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets 10 silver coins from the corpse of Agarah.
Sharidum gets 15 copper coins from the corpse of Agarah.

**Zylundak takes the Scepter, then about 15 min later..

<948/948hp 759m 728mv | civilized 8 AM> where
Along the Eastern Road

A large, well cooked steak lies here fizzling with juices.
A beautiful helm of silver glints in the light.
( 2) A cup of steaming hot mint tea sweetened with honey has been left here.
( 3) A cup of steaming hot dark red tea sweetened with honey has been left here.
A pile of silver-gray mail has been dropped here.
A metal canteen lies here on the ground.
( 2) A cup of Aturi black tea has been left here.
A large sack is lying here.
( 2) A wide copper ring sits on the ground.
A pile of brown and red cloth is here blowing in the wind.
( 2) A bracer made from gray leather lies unlaced on the ground.
A small pile of herbs lies on the ground.
A small cake of unleavened bread lies here.
A large gray robe sits in a pile on the floor.
Zylundak is here.

<948/948hp 759m 727mv | civilized 8 AM> People near you:
Rardojan Along the Eastern Road
Jormundgaand Along the Eastern Road
(PK) Etarekoth Along the Eastern Road
Naj Approaching a Bridge Over the River Erinin
(PK) Kelrizza Approaching a Large Crossroads
(PK) Zylundak Along the Eastern Road

<948/948hp 759m 727mv | civilized 8 AM> assassinate Zylundak
You slide up behind Zylundak and drive your sword through his back.
Zylundak falls to the floor, blood flooding from his pierced heart.
Zylundak is DEAD!!
Zylundak's eye pops out of its socket.

<948/948hp 759m 727mv | civilized 8 AM> get all.coins corpse
get all corpse
put all knapsack
get all corpse
get all.coins corpse
get signet corpse
get platemail corpse
get amulet corpse
get amulet corpse
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You get 10 gold coins from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get 407 silver coins from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get 210 copper coins from the corpse of Zylundak.

<948/948hp 759m 727mv | civilized 8 AM> You are burned by a set of polished mithril legplates and drop it quickly.
You get a badge of dull black feathers from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get an amulet of the Viper from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a wide bronze belt from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a dark, avian's black leather mask from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a battered leather rucksack from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a blacksmith's forge hammer from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a crimson shield emblazoned with a brass dragon from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get an Arkham signet ring from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get a suit of darkened platemail from the corpse of Zylundak.
You get the flaming sceptre of Chaos from the corpse of Zylundak.
A pair of clawed war gauntlets: you can't carry that many items.
A small mug of sweet smelling tea: you can't carry that many items.
An amulet of the Viper: you can't carry that many items.
A steak of the corpse of an owlbear: you can't carry that many items.
A polished mithril warhammer: you can't carry that many items.
A thin sword called 'Thornblade': you can't carry that many items.
A guardian sword: you can't carry that many items.
A pitch-black ring: you can't carry that many items.
A pair of mithril-reinforced talons: you can't carry that many items.
A fist of lightning: you can't carry that many items.
A white sword: you can't carry that many items.
A glimmering longsword: you can't carry that many items.
An iron crown: you can't carry that many items.
A metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt: you can't carry that many items.
A trophy of Bukrinuk: you can't carry that many items.
A set of polished mithril armplates: you can't carry that many items.
A side of deer venison: you can't carry that many items.

**And Agarah gets regeared a bit. Zylundak logs out
**after Sharidum unghosts, so only one person standing
**between me and the Scepter. About 20 minutes later..

<964/964hp 714m 720mv | civilized 10 AM> e
glance Sharidum
Along the Eastern Road

The bloodied corpse of Zylundak lies here, a look of surprise frozen on its features.
Sharidum is resting here.
Rahno is here.

<964/964hp 714m 719mv | civilized 10 AM> Sharidum, a male minotaur, is in perfect health.

Sharidum is using:
<worn on finger> a pitch-black ring
<worn on finger> a pitch-black ring
<worn around neck> a long, dark, leather cloak
<worn around neck> a long, dark, leather cloak
<worn on body> a wyvern scale shirt
<worn on legs> some leggings from the snow worm
<worn on hooves> a pair of spiked metal shoes
<worn on hands> midnight dragon gauntlets
<worn on arms> a pair of armguards from the snow worm
<worn about waist> an ornate gold belt
<worn around wrist> an adamantite bracer
<worn around wrist> (Glowing) a brilliant silver bracelet
<wielded> (Glowing) a wicked battleaxe
<dual wield> Mahn-Tor's Great Axe

<964/964hp 714m 719mv | civilized 10 AM> assassinate Sharidum
Quickly stepping in front of Sharidum, you see the surprise on his face.
With a swift, fluid upswing you slice Sharidum's abdomen open.
Collapsing with shock and horror, Sharidum watches his entrails spill onto the ground.
Gripping your sword with both hands you quickly drive it through Sharidum's back as he falls.
As Sharidum gasps his final breath, you extract your sword.
Sharidum is DEAD!!
Sharidum's arm is sliced from his dead body.

<964/964hp 714m 719mv | civilized 10 AM> get all.coins corpse
get all corpse
put all knapsack
get all corpse
hide
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You get 44 silver coins from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get 16 copper coins from the corpse of Sharidum.

<964/964hp 714m 719mv | civilized 10 AM> You get an adamantite bracer from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get an ornate gold belt from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get a wyvern scale shirt from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get midnight dragon gauntlets from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get a pair of spiked metal shoes from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get some leggings from the snow worm from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get a brilliant silver bracelet from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get Mahn-Tor's Great Axe from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get a skin from the snow leopard from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get a long, dark, leather cloak from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get a long, dark, leather cloak from the corpse of Sharidum.
You get a pair of armguards from the snow worm from the corpse of Sharidum.
A wicked battleaxe: you can't carry that many items.
A cowhide knapsack: you can't carry that many items.
An axe named 'The Punisher': you can't carry that many items.
A mattock of tundra evergreen: you can't carry that many items.
A mattock of tundra evergreen: you can't carry that many items.
A small fishing boat: you can't carry that many items.

**So now I head to the village..

<964/944hp 714m 694mv | civilized 12 PM> blindness
A cloud of dust fills in the room.
A massive giant appears to be blinded.
You parry a massive giant's slash.
A massive giant is in perfect health.

<964/944hp 694m 694mv | civilized 12 PM>
Your infernal power MASSACRES a massive giant!
Your drowning MASSACRES a massive giant!
A massive giant has a few scratches.

<964/944hp 694m 694mv | civilized 12 PM> where
calt
People near you:
Rettan The Shrine of the BattleRagers

<964/944hp 694m 694mv | civilized 1 PM> You throw a handful of sharp spikes at the feet of a massive giant.
A massive giant starts limping.
Your caltraps EVISCERATES a massive giant!
A massive giant dodges your drowning.

<964/944hp 694m 694mv | civilized 1 PM> kan
where

Your infernal power DISMEMBERS a massive giant!
Your infernal power misses a massive giant.
A massive giant's slash decimates you!

<936/944hp 694m 694mv | civilized 1 PM>
A massive giant dodges your infernal power.
Your drowning DISMEMBERS a massive giant!

<942/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> You FAIL to perform kansetsuwaza on a massive giant.
Your kansetsuwaza misses a massive giant.

<942/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> kan

Your infernal power MANGLES a massive giant!
A massive giant's slash maims you!

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM>
You dodge a massive giant's slash.
A massive giant gets a wild look in its eyes.

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> People near you:
Rettan Before the pillar of legends

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> You painfully hyperextend a massive giant's shoulder!
Your kansetsuwaza MANGLES a massive giant!

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> where
kot

Sharidum tells you 'ooh yeah...'

Your drowning MANGLES a massive giant!

Rettan has arrived.
A massive giant says 'Welcome, great warrior.'

A massive giant's kicked dirt misses you.

Rettan Before a fortified hillock

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> You FAIL to execute kotegaeshi on a massive giant.
Your kotegaeshi misses a massive giant.

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> kot

A massive giant's slash misses you.
A massive giant has some small but disgusting cuts.

Your infernal power EVISCERATES a massive giant!

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> You grab hold of a massive giant's wrist and twist it violently!
Your kotegaeshi MASSACRES a massive giant!

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> reply I had to remove you so I could take back what is mine, the Ebony Scepter
where

Rettan looks at you.

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> You tell Sharidum 'I had to remove you so I could take back what is mine, the Ebony Scepter'

Your drowning EVISCERATES a massive giant!

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 1 PM> risingphoenixkick
With a series of short and powerful leaps, you deliver powerful rising crescent kicks to your foes!
Like a rising phoenix, your powerful kicks streak through the air towards a massive giant!
With your decisive kick you drive the spike of your boot into your foe!
Your rising phoenix kick === OBLITERATES === a massive giant!

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 2 PM>

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 2 PM>
Sharidum tells you 'aye, dree nnoow...'

<909/944hp 711m 691mv | civilized 2 PM> risingphoenixkick

You can't see a thing!
Someone's kicked dirt scratches you.
Someone has some small but disgusting cuts.

<914/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 2 PM> With a series of short and powerful leaps, you deliver powerful rising crescent kicks to your foes!
Like a rising phoenix, your powerful kicks streak through the air towards someone!
Your rising phoenix kick *** DEVASTATES *** someone!

<914/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 2 PM>
Your infernal power MASSACRES someone!
Your drowning MASSACRES someone!
Your infernal power DISMEMBERS someone!
You parry someone's slash.

Your infernal power EVISCERATES someone!
Someone dodges your infernal power.
Your drowning EVISCERATES someone!

<914/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 2 PM> risingphoenixkick
With a series of short and powerful leaps, you deliver powerful rising crescent kicks to your foes!
Like a rising phoenix, your powerful kicks streak through the air towards someone!
Your rising phoenix kick *** DEVASTATES *** someone!

Your drowning misses someone.

Your infernal power misses someone.
Your drowning MANGLES someone!

Someone has arrived.
Someone says 'Welcome, great warrior.'

<914/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 2 PM> doublespinkick
Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against someone!
Your double spin kick *** DEVASTATES *** someone!
Completing your spin, you bring your other foot around for another devastating strike against someone!
Someone is covered with bleeding wounds.

Someone says 'gihe mme thduvv back?'

<914/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM>
Someone dodges your drowning.
Your infernal power EVISCERATES someone!
You dodge someone's slash.

<914/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> nod
say In a short while

You rub the dirt out of your eyes.
A massive giant is covered with bleeding wounds.

<921/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM>

<921/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> You nod.

<921/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> You say 'In a short while'

Rettan looks at Sharidum.

Sharidum nods.

Sharidum says 'aye'
You can't see a thing!
Someone's kicked dirt grazes you.

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> say And remember, you promised, no raiding till I take my leave
wink
You say 'And remember, you promised, no raiding till I take my leave'

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> You wink suggestively.

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> doublespinkick

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against someone!
Completing your spin, you bring your other foot around for another devastating strike against someone!

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM>
Someone says 'I did nnood..'

Your drowning DISMEMBERS someone!

Someone has arrived.
Someone says 'Welcome, great warrior.'

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> doublespinkick

Your drowning misses someone.

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 3 PM> You cut your double spin kick short as someone ducks under and away.
Your double spin kick misses someone.

Someone says 'I nneed whad liddle heald I goodth..'

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM>
Someone gives something to someone.

Someone snickers softly.

<916/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> doublespinkick

You feel susceptible to magic again.

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM>
Sharidum says 'oonnly goodth dree levd nnoow..'

Sharidum mutters something quietly to himself.

Rahno gets a mattock of tundra evergreen from a large sack.

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against a massive giant!
Your double spin kick *** DEVASTATES *** a massive giant!
Completing your spin, you bring your other foot around for another devastating strike against a massive giant!
Your double spin kick *** DEVASTATES *** a massive giant!

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> where
drop cloak
drop cloak

Rahno gives a mattock of tundra evergreen to Sharidum.

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> i

A massive giant is gushing blood.

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> People near you:
Muhryl The Shrine of the BattleRagers
Rahno Before a fortified hillock
Sharidum Before a fortified hillock

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> You drop a long, dark, leather cloak.

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> You drop a long, dark, leather cloak.

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> You are carrying:
Mahn-Tor's Great Axe
(Glowing) a brilliant silver bracelet
an adamantite bracer
a cowhide knapsack
(Glowing) (Humming) the Shadow Dagger
a shield from the hide of a snow worm
a captain's hat
a brew with crushed kiadana rock

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> drop axe
You drop Mahn-Tor's Great Axe.

<925/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> drop bracelet

A massive giant's slash EVISCERATES you!

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> You drop a brilliant silver bracelet.

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> drop bracer
You drop an adamantite bracer.

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM>

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> drop hat
You drop a captain's hat.

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> exam knapsack
doublespinkick
A knapsack made of cowhide is here.

A cowhide knapsack is a container, made of leather, and weighs 98 pounds 9 ounces.
When you look inside, you see it is fairly full.
A cowhide knapsack contains:
a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt
an ornate gold belt
a wyvern scale shirt
midnight dragon gauntlets
a pair of spiked metal shoes
some leggings from the snow worm
a skin from the snow leopard
a pair of armguards from the snow worm
( 5) a potion of teleportation
( 3) a bloody hunk of unidentified meat
( 5) a flask of diminution
( 2) some deeply-hued purple berries
( 7) a potion of flight

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 4 PM> Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against a massive giant!
Your double spin kick *** DEMOLISHES *** a massive giant!
Completing your spin, you bring your other foot around for another devastating strike against a massive giant!

Rettan leaves east.

Your drowning misses a massive giant.

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> get armguards knapsack
get leggings knapsack

Rahno leaves east.

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> get skin knapsack

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM>
Rahno has arrived.
A massive giant says 'Welcome, great warrior.'

<877/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> get shirt knapsack
get belt knapsack

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You get a pair of armguards from the snow worm from a cowhide knapsack.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You get some leggings from the snow worm from a cowhide knapsack.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You get a skin from the snow leopard from a cowhide knapsack.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You get a wyvern scale shirt from a cowhide knapsack.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You get an ornate gold belt from a cowhide knapsack.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM>

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM>
Rahno looks more enlightened.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> drop 1.
drop 1.
drop 1.
drop 1.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You drop an ornate gold belt.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You drop a wyvern scale shirt.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You drop a skin from the snow leopard.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> You drop some leggings from the snow worm.

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> i
where

Rahno leaves east.
You are carrying:
a pair of armguards from the snow worm
a cowhide knapsack
(Glowing) (Humming) the Shadow Dagger
a shield from the hide of a snow worm
a brew with crushed kiadana rock

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> People near you:

<886/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> drop 1.
You drop a pair of armguards from the snow worm.
You can't see a thing!
Someone's kicked dirt scratches you.
Someone is gushing blood.

<883/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> doublespinkick
You cut your double spin kick short as someone ducks under and away.
Your double spin kick misses someone.

<883/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM>

Your infernal power MANGLES someone!

<883/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against someone!

Your drowning MANGLES someone!
Someone is writhing in agony.

You dodge someone's slash.

<883/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 5 PM> Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against someone!
The rain ceases.

<883/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM>
Someone dodges your drowning.

<883/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM>

<883/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM> doublespinkick

A massive giant is writhing in agony.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM>

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM> Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against a massive giant!
Your double spin kick MANGLES a massive giant!
Your double spin kick MANGLES a massive giant!
A massive giant gets a wild look in its eyes.

Sharidum stands up.

Sharidum gets a wild look in his eyes.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM> where
exam knapsack

Sharidum wields a mattock of tundra evergreen.
Sharidum wears a pitch-black ring on his left finger.
Sharidum wears a pitch-black ring on his right finger.
Sharidum dual wields a mattock of tundra evergreen.
Sharidum wears a cowhide knapsack about his body.

A massive giant is convulsing on the ground.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM> People near you:

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM> A knapsack made of cowhide is here.

A cowhide knapsack is a container, made of leather, and weighs 53 pounds 10 ounces.
When you look inside, you see it is about half full.
A cowhide knapsack contains:
a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt
midnight dragon gauntlets
a pair of spiked metal shoes
( 5) a potion of teleportation
( 3) a bloody hunk of unidentified meat
( 5) a flask of diminution
( 2) some deeply-hued purple berries
( 7) a potion of flight

Sharidum wields a wicked battleaxe.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM> get gauntlets knapsack

Sharidum dual wields an axe named 'The Punisher'.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM> You get midnight dragon gauntlets from a cowhide knapsack.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 6 PM> drop gauntlets
You drop midnight dragon gauntlets.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> get shoes knapsack
drop shoes

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> You get a pair of spiked metal shoes from a cowhide knapsack.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> You drop a pair of spiked metal shoes.

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM>

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> doublespinkick
Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against a massive giant!

<894/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM>
You feel less aware of your surroundings.
Your senses seem duller.

<903/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM>
Sharidum puts a mattock of tundra evergreen in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts a mattock of tundra evergreen in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts a berry pie in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts a small fishing boat in a cowhide knapsack.

<903/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> hei
det

Sharidum stands up.

Sharidum looks more enlightened.

<903/944hp 714m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> You feel more aware of your surroundings.

<903/944hp 699m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> Your awareness improves.

<903/944hp 694m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> doublespinkick

<903/944hp 694m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> Quickly spinning on your heel, you deliver a crushing kick against a massive giant!

<903/944hp 694m 691mv | civilized 7 PM>

Sharidum gets a pair of spiked metal shoes.
Sharidum gets midnight dragon gauntlets.
Sharidum gets a pair of armguards from the snow worm.
Sharidum gets some leggings from the snow worm.
Sharidum gets a skin from the snow leopard.
Sharidum gets a wyvern scale shirt.
Sharidum gets an ornate gold belt.
Sharidum gets a captain's hat.
Sharidum gets an adamantite bracer.
Sharidum gets a brilliant silver bracelet.
Sharidum gets Mahn-Tor's Great Axe.
Sharidum gets a long, dark, leather cloak.
Sharidum gets a long, dark, leather cloak.
Sharidum gets some fresh berries.

<903/944hp 694m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> where
risingphoenixkick

A massive giant is DEAD!!
You receive 0 experience points.
As a massive giant falls, the Ebony Scepter returns to the Scion Cabal!
You receive 350 experience for a successful counter-raid.
You feel a shudder in your Cabal Power!
A massive giant's head is shattered, and its brains splash all over you.
The gods give you 7 copper coins for your sacrifice of the corpse of a massive giant.

Sharidum says 'dannkth by de way'

<903/944hp 694m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> People near you:

<903/944hp 694m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> But you aren't fighting anyone!

<903/944hp 694m 691mv | civilized 7 PM> tip helm
hide
You tip an ogre-horned helm gallantly.
Sharidum puts some fresh berries in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts an ornate gold belt in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts a wyvern scale shirt in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts a skin from the snow leopard in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts some leggings from the snow worm in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts a pair of armguards from the snow worm in a cowhide knapsack.
Sharidum puts midnight dragon gauntlets in a cowhide knapsack.

---------

Along the Eastern Road

The bloodied corpse of Sharidum lies here, a look of surprise frozen on its features.
The bloodied corpse of Zylundak lies here, a look of surprise frozen on its features.

**And thats that.

RomanulWed 17-Mar-04 04:01 AM
114 posts
#25450, "The Price of Failure (Staring Tranto)"
In response to Reply #1

**I had spoken with Tranto during Foslin's Chancellorship
**and had given him my recommendation, though for the life
**of me I cannot remember why. After Foslin deleted and before
**I got Chancellor, Mekantos had me filtering applicants so
**again I vouched for Tranto and wrote him another rec. To
**see him #### up like this was totally unacceptable to Etarekoth.

Within a dim altar chamber
You are standing within the altar chamber of the Quesyr Tol'adn,
partitioned from the rest of the building by a thin painted screen, in
which a small entryway has been cut. Arching overhead is a low
corbelled ceiling, from which hangs a chandelier, shimmering faintly
like a perfect spectral teardrop. A deep semi-circular apse lies to the
north, adjacent to which stands a monolithic pulpit. The dim light in
the altar room throws brooding shadows across the carpeted floor,
accentuating the lines of light and shade on the iconography depicted
on both the apse and the pulpit.

( 5) (Glowing) A bright ball of light shimmers in the air.
A red bale of woven cloth lies unrolled on the ground.
A disturbance in the air ripples and waves before you.
A hulking, heavy-limbed demon stomps here with clenched fists.
A Nightwalker stands in the shadows, breathing heavily.
(Translucent) Ilivarra is here.
(Invis) (Translucent) Tranto is here.

<873/873hp 694m 337mv | civilized 1 AM> l tranto
Here you see a very pale man about six feet. Shaggy, black hair
covers his head, a few strans hang in front of his face. His
eyebrows have grown together over his nose, giving him one long
eyebrow across his forehead. His brown eyes stare coldly out at
the world. You catch a glimpse of his teeth and see they are
rather yellow and a bit crooked. He has a little bit a facial
hair but hardly a good, full beard. He is not large enough to
fill his armor well, but it looks like it would really help him
take a beating. The aroma of rotten flesh would suggest that he is
no stranger to death. Such a skinny man would not likely be able
to do much with his fists, maybe not even with a weapon. There may
be more to this man than meets the eye.
Tranto, a male human, is in perfect health.

Tranto is using:
<worn on legs> rotting linen bandages
<worn on hands> a pair of black steel gauntlets
<worn on arms> rotting linen bandages
<worn around wrist> rotting linen bandages
<worn around wrist> rotting linen bandages

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'You remind me of a necromancer'

Tranto shrugs indifferently.

Tranto says 'Is that a bad thing?'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'it depends on how you use it.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'now, why do you seek us?'

Tranto says 'There are many reasons.'

Tranto says 'First is that I can learn much and become more powerful with the help of the chasm.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'hold that thought tranto'

**Snip: Raid.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'You say you can learn much with the help of the chasm?'

Tranto says 'I can learn alone.'

Tranto says 'With the help of the chasm I could learn much more.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'like what? How to read a map?'

Tranto says 'I know how to read a map.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'learning is not all gaining more knowledge of incantations'

Tranto says 'I want to learn of opening portals to other worlds.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'it is how and when to use them that is perhaps just as important'

Tranto says 'I have heard of scrolls on good and evil as well.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'tell me of these scrolls'

Ilivarra looks at Tranto.

Tranto says 'I have just heard that they exists and tell about how the two interact.'

Tranto says 'Do you have some water?'

You smirk.

You drop a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt.

Tranto gets a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt.

Tranto drinks water from a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt.

You point straight down.

Ilivarra pauses, a thoughtful look on her face.

Tranto drops a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt.

You get a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'how interesting'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'you know of nothing else about this?'

Tranto says 'I did not get my things together since I was slain.'
]
Ilivarra chuckles politely.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'we all have our priorities'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'personally, i would rather have gained a proper amount of substance then die slowly infront of your betters.'

Ilivarra waves her hand in a dismissive manner.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'What do you know of the portals and our allies?'

Tranto says 'Only that you can open them.'

Ilivarra frowns.

Tranto says 'I have much to learn I know.'

Ilivarra snorts.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'obviously'

Tranto says 'I learn quickly though.'

Tranto fades into existence.
Tranto's hunger injures him.

Tranto hangs his head in shame.

You get a large boar steak from a cowhide knapsack.

You drop a large boar steak.

Ilivarra blinks a few times.

Etarekoth: Like feeding a pet

Tranto gets a large boar steak.

Tranto eats a large boar steak.

Ilivarra: You have got to be kidding me

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'So what DO you know of us?'

Tranto says 'I know that you have much knowledge and power. I know that you will one day take over the land.'

Tranto says 'I know that you will do what ever is neccesary to do so.'

Tranto says 'I know that you can bring suffering to others.'

Ilivarra licks her mouth and smiles.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'Oh, you know of suffering?'

Ilivarra licks the mark of three snakes intertwined with lightning bolts. How disgusting!

Tranto looks at Ilivarra.

Tranto says 'I know of suffering.'

Tranto says 'It is everywhere in this world.'

You blink several times.

<46 D-Elf Tra> Daranor the Master of Transference
<28 Human Thi> Feldabs Fisnat the Guilded
*51 D-Elf Asn* (PK) Etarekoth Xelthzus the Chancellor of the Eternal Night
<51 H-Elf Con> (PK) Ilivarra the Planewalker, Disciple of Zurcon

Players found: 4

Ilivarra frowns.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'and...?'

Tranto says 'And what?'

You whisper 'What are you goals in this life Tranto? What do you seek to achieve, while you still bear the burden of mortality?'

Tranto says 'I too seek a tattoo.'

Tranto says 'So that one day I may sit at the side of the Dark Lord of Suffering.'

Tranto says 'And torment lost souls.'

You whisper 'Is that all?'

Tranto says 'While I am alive I will do what I must to show him I am worthy.'

Tranto says 'That is all.'

You blink several times.

You tell your group 'Continue..'

Ilivarra tells the group 'i'm really not amused, he would be best used as a slave'

Tranto says 'That and everything I said earlier.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'You speak of serving the Lord of Suffering, and yet you do not know what it is?'

You tell your group 'Do with him as you will. You are conducting this interview..'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'why do you desire to torment souls?'

Tranto says 'My soul is lost.'

Tranto says 'Torment or be tormented.'

Tranto says 'I choose torment.'

Tranto says 'I thought the chasm could teach me what I need to know.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'lost? Did you use it to pay for something perhaps?'

Tranto says 'I have no hope for anything and lead a wicked life.'

Ilivarra smirks.

Tranto says 'When I die my soul will not go somewhere nice.'

Tranto says 'And I can not avoid dieing.'

Tranto says 'I see only one option.'

**I begin stalking.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'Very well, I have a place for you then'

Tranto says 'What is it?'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'You desire to torment others, yet have no experience in this regard'

Ilivarra licks her mouth and smiles.

Tranto says 'I have brought pain to others.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'physical pain is simple'

Tranto smirks.

Tranto nods.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'have you ever darkened a heart? Have you ever brought nightmares to your victims when they heard your footsteps?'

Thinking hard, Tranto scratches his cheek.

You tap your foot impatiently.

Tranto says 'No.'

You twitch uncomfortably.

Tranto says 'Not yet.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'the scars of the mind please me greatly, and my lord is fond of souls screaming endlessly'

Tranto says 'Do you wish for me to do something?'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'If you desire to be anything in this world Tranto, or for that matter, have a chance in the doom of the afterlife'

Looking more attentive, Tranto listens closely.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'you will need a teacher. You will serve me Tranto.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'If you have the stomach for it...'

Tranto grins evilly.

Tranto says 'When do I begin?'

Ilivarra smirks.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'give me your left hand.'

Tranto looks at himself.

Tranto smirks.

Tranto kisses Ilivarra's hand. How continental!

Tranto frowns.

You blink several times.

Ilivarra snarls angrily.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'your hand Tranto'

Tranto boggles at the concept.

Ilivarra growls.

Tranto extends his arm, and shakes Ilivarra's hand.

Ilivarra reaches out and roughly grabs your hand and turns it over, palm up.

Ilivarra deftly and with a sinister laugh, proceeds to use her nails to roughly break the skin on your palm, drawing blood.

Tranto grins evilly.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'Excellent'

Ilivarra continues to saw on your palm till she seems sated at what looks like a little serpent on your palm, covered in your dark blood.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'Good, good.'

You whisper 'Are you finished with him, Ilivarra?'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'Oh yes, quite.'

Tranto grins evilly.

You whisper 'Tranto, do you believe in faith?'

You whisper 'Or rather, fate?'

Tranto says 'I had not thought about it.'

You whisper 'So think. Quickly.'

Tranto says '' Yes. I do.'

Tranto smirks.

Tranto says 'Water?'

Ilivarra snickers softly.

You whisper 'Then we shall see if are fated to hold a place within the Fold'

You whisper 'Remain still..and whatever happens, do not move'

You whisper 'Are you ready, to meet your fate, whatever it might be?'

Tranto nods.

Throwing back her head, Ilivarra cackles with insane glee!

<873/873hp 714m 721mv | civilized 9 PM> assassinate Tranto
You slide up behind Tranto and drive your sword through his back.
Tranto falls to the floor, blood flooding from his pierced heart.
Tranto is DEAD!!
Tranto splatters blood on your armor.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'what a pleasant lesson'

You whisper 'He shall never hold a place among the Chosen'

You whisper 'Such is the price of failure'

**There was some more talking which explained
**things a bit better but I didn't log it

RomanulWed 17-Mar-04 04:02 AM
114 posts
#25451, "Kyrissa becomes Ilivarra's apprentice"
In response to Reply #1

You tell Kyrissa 'Betrayer of the Light...hrm'

Kyrissa tells you 'That is so, Chancellor.'

You tell Kyrissa 'Sounds delicious. Do tell'

Kyrissa tells you 'My true path shall be the glorious Empire.'

Kyrissa tells you 'Now it is my destiny to seek the Black Box.'

You tell Kyrissa 'Oh? Might you know where to find this box..hrm?'

Kyrissa tells you 'No.'

Kyrissa tells you 'Might you know of its location, Chancellor?'

You tell Kyrissa 'Yes indeed...though why should I share such knowledge with you? Now that, is the question'

Kyrissa tells you 'There is no reason to share the knowledge.'

Kyrissa tells you 'If you are willing to provide it for perhaps later alliances, that would be my bond and my offer.'

<852/852hp 749m 633mv | civilized 10 AM> who scion

Players found: 2

Etarekoth: Do you wish another...apprentice, Ilivarra?

Ilivarra: Whom?

< 5 Human Thi> Kastian the Cur
<41 Orc Ber> Keiigrahv the Desecrator of the Most Holy
<32 H-Elf Bar> Keadiean the Master of Instruments
<51 Felar Shf> (PK) Kyrissa the Grand Mistress of Changelings, Betrayer of the Light
<29 Human Con> Kalidan the Inceptor of Psychurgy

Etarekoth: Kyrissa..perhaps

Ilivarra: Indeed.

Etarekoth: It seems she has taken her leave for now...I shall tempt her with what she seeks when we next cross paths

Ilivarra: What does she desire?

Etarekoth: To embrace her true nature

You tell Kyrissa 'Well, I shall give you the location of the box...though you will have to perform a task for me'

You tell Kyrissa 'What say you?'

Kyrissa tells you 'What sort of task?'

You tell Kyrissa 'You shall, for a while, become Ilivarra's apprentice..'

Kyrissa tells you 'Under what obligations?'

You tell Kyrissa 'I am not sure what Ilivarra would have in mind for you. I imagine she would wish to impart upon you knowledge of her Lord'

**Pain, suffering, that sort of stuff

You tell Kyrissa 'You would also have to do as she asks at times'

You tell Kyrissa 'Such is the price of the knowledge you seek'

Kyrissa tells you 'The knowledge of her Lord?'

Kyrissa tells you 'And how long will this apprenticeship last?'

You tell Kyrissa 'The knowledge of the location of the Black Box'

You tell Kyrissa 'Hrm...let us say, a period of two elven weeks?'

Kyrissa tells you 'And when will the knowledge of the box be mine?'

You tell Kyrissa 'As soon as you are agreed to this arrangement.'

Kyrissa tells you 'Let us make it one elven week, then I will agree.'

Kyrissa tells you 'Sacrafises must be made for a goal.'

Etarekoth: She has agreed to be your apprentice for an elven week

Etarekoth: Have you any sort of ritual in mind, to signify such an arrangement?

Ilivarra: There is one

Ilivarra: Where are you two?

Etarekoth: I shall direct her to the Oryx Steppes, within the Altar Chamber

You tell Kyrissa 'Come to the Oryx Steppes, south of Hamsah, through the Desert'

Kyrissa tells you 'Very well.'

Ilivarra: Did she desire to join us?

Etarekoth: She seeks to be one with the Glorious Empire

Ilivarra: With those tools? Then why seek you out?

Etarekoth: Because I can offer her the knowledge that she seeks

Kyrissa sinks into a deep curtsey, rising again with grace and poise.

<852/852hp 749m 577mv | civilized 10 PM> Within a dim altar chamber
You are standing within the altar chamber of the Quesyr Tol'adn,
partitioned from the rest of the building by a thin painted screen, in
which a small entryway has been cut. Arching overhead is a low
corbelled ceiling, from which hangs a chandelier, shimmering faintly
like a perfect spectral teardrop. A deep semi-circular apse lies to the
north, adjacent to which stands a monolithic pulpit. The dim light in
the altar room throws brooding shadows across the carpeted floor,
accentuating the lines of light and shade on the iconography depicted
on both the apse and the pulpit.

Kyrissa is here.

--<========================( Kyrissa Pursalli )===========================>--
+ A beautiful fela stands before you, covered in Silver Fur with bright +
+ green eyes that reflect an almost pearlescent light. This fela stands +
+ roughly 4' tall with erect ears, typical to most all feline species. Her +
+ fur looks extremely soft to the touch and is pristine, the only break in +
+ her coloring is the light pink of her inner ear. Her fur seems to be +
+ somewhat longer than the average felar, with what could almost be mistaken+
+ as human hair upon her head. These locks of 'hair' are neatly tied in a +
+ ponytail at the end where it reaches near the base of her tail. Her +
+ claws, while looking lethal and incredibly sharp, are extremely clean and +
+ and almost seem to be too perfect. Possibly sensing your scrutiny, the +
+ fela's nose starts working as if smelling the air. She slightly parts her +
+ mouth to take in more of the scents as tastes-slightly revealing dangerous+
+ glossy white fangs. With a dismissive gesture she continues her tasks +
+ leaving you to wonder whether or not you have been discovered. Regardless,+
+ it is obvious that this is not your ordinary fela. There is more than a +
+ glimmer of intelligence surrounding this lady. Perhaps this one works +
+ off something more than just the mere instinct of her people... +
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyrissa, a female felar, is in perfect health.

Kyrissa is using:
<worn on finger> (Invis) (Glowing) (Humming) the ring of fortitude
<worn on finger> a wooden ring with a black stone
<worn around neck> (Glowing) (Humming) the Ankh of Loch Terradian
<worn around neck> (Glowing) (Humming) the Ankh of Loch Terradian
<worn on tail> a wide ring rimmed with razor sharp spikes
<worn on head> (Glowing) an engraved silver circlet
<worn on legs> (Invis) (Glowing) (Humming) leggings of Sorcery
<worn on hindpaws> a pair of clawed leather paw-wraps
<worn on forepaws> a pair of razor-sharp front claw extensions
<worn on arms> (Invis) (Glowing) (Humming) sleeves of Alchemy
<worn about body> a pelt from the Winter Wolf
<worn about waist> (Invis) (Glowing) (Humming) a belt of Thermatology
<worn around wrist> an aquamarine bracelet
<worn around wrist> an aquamarine bracelet

You whisper 'Ilivarra comes'

Kyrissa says 'I shall meditate for a moment then.'

Kyrissa sits down on the ground.

You whisper 'There is also something which I require'

Ilivarra arrives suddenly.

A monstrous mors-gravis demon has arrived.
An air elemental has arrived.

Ilivarra looks at Kyrissa.

You whisper 'It is a gift of the flesh, if such is meant to be'

Ilivarra pauses, a thoughtful look on her face.

You nod at Ilivarra.

Kyrissa stands up.

Kyrissa nods.

Kyrissa says 'My apologies.'

Kyrissa says 'I was deep in my meditation.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'my apprentice, hrm?'

Ilivarra reaches out and grabs Kyrissa's tail, glaring at it for a moment before releasing it.

Kyrissa hisses momentarily.

Ilivarra pokes a monstrous mors-gravis demon in the ribs.
A monstrous mors-gravis demon pokes Ilivarra in the ribs.

Kyrissa swishes his tail lazily.

Leaning towards a monstrous mors-gravis demon, Ilivarra whispers something to it.

Ilivarra chuckles, seemingly at nothing.

Kyrissa sniffs at the air curiously.

Ilivarra says to Kyrissa 'What do you desire,Kyrissa?'

Ilivarra frowns at what a monstrous mors-gravis demon did.

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'My reasons for needing the black box are my own.'

Kyrissa says 'Though if you wish to know such.'

Kyrissa says 'It is to take another step towards my goal of joining the Empire.'

Ilivarra laughs harshly, a sharp almost metallic sound.

Ilivarra carefully holds the dark crystal in her hands.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'and what do you seek to gain from them?'

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'You seem as though you prepare for a ritual. What is the meaning of all this?'

You whisper 'The ritual signifies your apprenticeship, I gather'

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'Power.'

Ilivarra gets a silver embossed flask from a large saddle bag.

Ilivarra carefully pours a small amount of silver liquid from a silver embossed flask onto the crystal cupped in the palm of her hand.

Ilivarra cackles softly to herself as a faint hissing sound eruptes and a small acidic smelling vapor drifts upwards.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'and what do you desire to learn from your apprenticeship to me, hrm?'

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'I am unsure of what is to entail from this Apprenticeship.'

Ilivarra gives Kyrissa a crooked smile.

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'It is something your Chancellor decided on.'

Ilivarra shows her approval by clapping her hands together.

Ilivarra smiles as her sudden movement causes the crystal to begin to vibrate softly.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'Tell me Kyrissa, what do you know of divination.. of prophecy?'

You whisper to Ilivarra 'My blade becomes impatient, wriggling within its sheath. Do not make it wait much longer.'

Ilivarra begins to whisper arcane words to the humming crystal which causes it to change pure white.

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'I am not very educated.'

Ilivarra peers intently at Kyrissa.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'Good.. then I will educate you.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'that is, of course, why I am here.'

Ilivarra lifts a warped finger and gently uses it to beckon you forward.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'come closer my dear.'

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'You will educate me of divination, and of prophecy?'

Looking more attentive, Kyrissa listens closely to Ilivarra.

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'I hear well from here.'

Ilivarra holds out the jagged white crystal to you.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'look into it.'

Kyrissa peers intently at the white crystal before her.

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'What is it?'

Kyrissa sniffs at the air cautiously.

Ilivarra whispers more words to herself and a small amber light begins to flicker in the depths of the crystal.

Kyrissa squints her eyes, while gazing upon the crystal.

Ilivarra smiles as an image forms within. A pale faced felar lying in a dark, blood-soaked field, dead burnt trees surround her.

Kyrissa snorts.

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'What is this image before us?'

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'This is the prophecy you see?'

Ilivarra narrows her eyes at the white crystal.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'a part of it'

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'If I didn't know any better... What does the prophecy resemble?'

Ilivarra smiles as the crystal begins to change again.. You see into a small chamber, small shadows moving about within as they slowly converage upon the center, where sits a wide-eyed felar glowing softly in an amber light.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'my art is in divination, Kyrissa.'

You whisper 'Do you believe in Prophecy, Kyrissa? In Fate, even?'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'I can only tell what I see in the planes.'

Kyrissa says 'I have never met a prophet before. As far as fate goes, I have some belief in it, for as little as I know of its existance.'

the Archmage of Eternal Night: The shadows grow darker with the entrance of Mekantos.

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'What planes?'

Gyldar: Greetings, Dark Knight.

< Arial AVA> Mekantos the Dark Knight of the Ill Omen
<44 Human Shf> Xyleel Denizad the Mistress of Shapeshifting
<30 Human Thi> Gyldar the Elder Thief

Players found: 5

Mekantos: Greetings, Scions.

Kyrissa tears at the ribs hungrily.

You ponder the question.

Kyrissa eats some barbecued spareribs.

Ilivarra sudders suddenly and the image changes once more. An ancient felar stands, blood caking her fur. She stands, wide eyed as a dark chasm opens before her.

Ilivarra smiles as the image disappears.

Ilivarra rubs her hands together, watching the dark crystal turn to dust in her hands.

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'I have never seen magic like this before.'

Xyleel: Greetings Dark Knight.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'I am no ordinary mage, Kyrissa.'

Ilivarra: your turn

Kyrissa says to Ilivarra 'Then this is wizardry you produce?'

You whisper 'My Lord seeks a gift, Kyrissa'

You whisper 'As I told you, a gift of the flesh, if such is meant to be'

Looking more attentive, Kyrissa listens closely.

Kyrissa says 'And what gift does your Lord seek?'

You whisper 'No matter the outcome, remain perfectly still. The knowledge of the Box shall come to you.'

You whisper 'My Lord seeks but what is already his. I am his voice, it is my duty to release others from their coporeal burdens, that they may be one with him'

<862/862hp 749m 691mv | civilized 11 AM> assassinate Kyrissa
You slide up behind Kyrissa and drive your sword through his back.
Kyrissa falls to the floor, blood flooding from his pierced heart.
Kyrissa is DEAD!!
Kyrissa's heart is torn from his chest.

Throwing back her head, Ilivarra cackles with insane glee!

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'well.. i DID warn her'

Ilivarra snickers softly.

Etarekoth: Hail Dark Knight

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'show yourself?'

Ilivarra points excitedly at the Wand of Orcus!

Ilivarra shrugs indifferently.

Xyleel: Greetings Chancellor, I truely must learn to detect those in the shadows...

You twitch uncomfortably.

You whisper 'As promised, you shall have the knowledge you desire'

Kyrissa nods sagely at Ilivarra.

Ilivarra shrugs indifferently.

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'payment for services rendered'

**Snip: I tell her where the box is.

Kyrissa says 'And what of this Apprenticeship?'

Kyrissa says 'It was a mere plan of deceit?'

You whisper 'The Fold is above such things, Kyrissa'

Kyrissa snickers softly.

You whisper 'There is no reason to decieve, when Truth is so powerful a force'

Ilivarra nods slowly.

You whisper 'Continue your apprenticeship to Ilivarra, as you have promised'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'do not think to lightly on what you have seen, my apprentice.'

You whisper 'Perhaps she will share the answers you seek'

Kyrissa says 'Only to be decieved again?'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'in time, the planes will tell me more of your fate, and I shall share it.'

You whisper 'I did not decieve you. I told you my Lord would require a sacrifice, a gift of the flesh'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'truth is the key to taking what is yours'

You whisper 'Ilivarra showed it to you, through her magical arts'

Kyrissa says 'And who is to say what you see or know is the truth?'

You whisper 'The Truth was laid bare, for all to see. Embrace it, and become stronger.'

Kyrissa says 'There are many magics which show false light.'

Kyrissa says 'This much I do know, as littlte education I do possess.'

You whisper 'Do not insult the potency of Ilivarra's art'

Kyrissa says 'I do not insult it. I only wish to know more of it.'

You whisper 'And that is why you are an apprentice.'

Kyrissa says 'How am I to believe something I know nothing of?'

You whisper 'I shall leave the two of you now.'

Ilivarra says in a pained croak 'I am above illusion, Kyrissa, when truth is all that is necessary.'

RomanulWed 17-Mar-04 04:04 AM
114 posts
#25452, "Battle / Scion Comedy Log"
In response to Reply #1

**Wrote this during the one month period after
**Foslin deleted and it was basically just me
**and Ilivarra and neither of us could induct.
**Ugh.

Battle:
=====

who battle
<51 Cloud War> Zoltronix the Weaponmaster, Commander of War
<51 Arial War> Sardinesfoul Tathiel, Purified by the Phoenix, DrillMaster of Battle
<51 Fire War> Farkadan Rah the Weaponmaster, Eternal RattleBager
<51 Duerg War> Kekrik the Undaunted, Bloody Ganger of Battle
<51 Cloud War> Halgeeni the Self-Serving Weaponmaster
<51 Min War> Sharradon the Weaponmaster
<51 Arial War> Baelco the Weaponmaster
<51 Arial Thi > Flyergl00m the Hand of the Unseen, l33t d00d of Battle
<51 Arial War> Correlian the Weaponmistress, Graatch Incarnate

You say 'Which items do you possess?'

The Destructor says 'I hold the sapling of a great tree, the ebony scepter, the imperial codex, the bloody head of a magician.

Zoltronix: Good work Villagers, we are dominating the Cabal Wars.

Flygergl00m: So is this when we go play our other chars?

Kekrik: Hey, I thought you deleted your scion.

Sharradon: Yeaeeeaa caausuusee jooo didiidnt geetettt ADdvvissorororr

Flygergl00m: No, I deleted cause I expected I would have lots of enemies to fight if I joined Battle. But now I can log on my sylvan and try to retrieve the sapling.

Baelco: Whats the point, you'll just get ganged to death anyway.

Sharradon: Addnnnndddd puuffuullll loototototetd

Zoltronix: Villagers do NOT GANG. It is DISHONOURABLE. We use tactics and strategy...and strength of numbers.

Sardinesfoul: Well said, Commander.

the Destructor: Thror has joined us in the fray of battle.

Halgeeni: Hail Thror, we are dominating the cabal wars!

Thror: Bah ye fargin' Villagers, where be da fargin' Scales of Justice? Not at the fargin' Destructor.

--Village heads to Galadon..

Zoltronix: Let us try to pick them off.

Correllian: Ya, gang em HARD!!

Zoltronix: NO, WE WILL NOT GANG. We will pick them off. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS?!

Correllian: Sory, me smart to prac skillz but dum oda tings

786hp/884hp 394m 754mv 13752tnl 1 AM pincer K-RZA
You drive your axes at both sides of K-RZA's body, but do little more than chip at her shield of ice.
Your brutal attack grazes K-RZA.
Your brutal attack grazes K-RZA.
K-RZA yells 'Help! Sharradon is trying to hack me to pieces!'
K-RZA has a few scratches.

786hp/884hp 394m 754mv 13752tnl 1 AM
K-RZA dodges your wrath.
Your crushing force injures K-RZA.
Halgeeni's slice injures K-RZA.
As the Axe of Conquest tears into K-RZA, a gout of blood erupts!
Halgeeni's wrath injures K-RZA.
Zoltronix's divine power misses K-RZA.
Zoltronix's wrath wounds K-RZA.
Zoltronix's divine power misses K-RZA.
Zoltronix's divine power mauls K-RZA.
You parry K-RZA's punch.
Zoltronix's divine power injures K-RZA.
Zoltronix's wrath wounds K-RZA.
K-RZA has some small but disgusting cuts.

Halgeeni tries some fancy axe-work, but is only partially successful.
Halgeeni's brutal attack hits K-RZA.
Halgeeni's brutal attack misses K-RZA.
K-RZA has some small but disgusting cuts.

786hp/884hp 394m 754mv 13752tnl 1 AM pincer K-RZA

K-RZA's lieutenant's slash MASSACRES Baelco!
Your wrath grazes K-RZA.
K-RZA dodges your crushing force.
Your wrath hits K-RZA.
Dropping down, Baelco lands a vicious strike to K-RZA's lieutenant's legs!
Baelco's slash MASSACRES K-RZA's lieutenant!
You parry K-RZA's punch.
Halgeeni's wrath wounds K-RZA.
Halgeeni's slice hits K-RZA.
Halgeeni's wrath wounds K-RZA.
K-RZA is covered with bleeding wounds.

Baelco entangles K-RZA's feet and sends her to the ground!
Baelco's lash misses K-RZA.
K-RZA yells 'Help! Baelco is lashing me!'
Zoltronix appears stalwart as he shouts 'Death be swift!'

Stanvall has arrived.

Your wrath hits K-RZA.
Your crushing force hits K-RZA.
Your wrath injures K-RZA.
Baelco's slash MASSACRES K-RZA's lieutenant!
You parry K-RZA's punch.
Zoltronix's wrath devastates K-RZA!
K-RZA is gushing blood.

Halgeeni drives his axes at both sides of K-RZA's body, but the brunt of the attack is absorbed by her shield of ice.
Halgeeni's brutal attack grazes K-RZA.
Halgeeni's brutal attack hits K-RZA.
K-RZA is gushing blood.

786hp/884hp 394m 754mv 13752tnl 2 AM trip
You manage to drive one axe into K-RZA's body, but fail to connect with the other.
Your brutal attack misses K-RZA.
Your brutal attack hits K-RZA.
K-RZA is gushing blood.

786hp/884hp 394m 754mv 13752tnl 2 AM
Your wrath hits K-RZA.
You toss your head and gore K-RZA with one of your horns!
Your goring hits K-RZA.
Baelco's wrath MANGLES K-RZA's lieutenant!
Dropping down, Baelco lands a vicious strike to K-RZA's lieutenant's legs!
Baelco's slash MANGLES K-RZA's lieutenant!
Baelco's slash DISMEMBERS K-RZA's lieutenant!
You parry K-RZA's punch.
You parry K-RZA's punch.
Zoltronix's wrath mauls K-RZA.
Zoltronix's wrath mauls K-RZA.
Zoltronix's divine power decimates K-RZA!
K-RZA is writhing in agony.

786hp/884hp 394m 754mv 13752tnl 2 AM
K-RZA utters the words, 'bjyyzh'.
K-RZA buffets you with a controlled blast of air!
K-RZA's buffeting === OBLITERATES === you!
Zoltronix stops using a great mithril axe named, 'Glauraung's Blade'.

607hp/884hp 394m 754mv 13752tnl 2 AM
Stanvall looks at K-RZA.
Baelco lashes a flail of Pestilence at K-RZA's feet!
Baelco's lash misses K-RZA.
K-RZA yells 'Help! Baelco is lashing me!'

Jormundgaand has arrived.

Zoltronix stops using 'Vengeance', the Shining Sword.
Zoltronix wields a great mithril axe named, 'Glauraung's Blade'.

Autosaving.

620hp/884hp 400m 756mv 13752tnl 2 AM
Your wrath hits K-RZA.
Your crushing force hits K-RZA.
Baelco's slash misses K-RZA's lieutenant.
You parry K-RZA's punch.
You parry K-RZA's punch.
Halgeeni's wrath hits K-RZA.
Halgeeni's slice hits K-RZA.
K-RZA is convulsing on the ground.

620hp/884hp 400m 756mv 13752tnl 2 AM
K-RZA gives you all the BIRDIE!!
K-RZA utters the words, 'xafe ay candusqarr'.
K-RZA disappears.

Halgeeni: DAMN IT

Sardinesfoul: Do not relent, our superior use of tactics shall prevail!
---

Scion:
=====

a shadowy Nightwalker: Intruder! Intruder! Zoltronix is raiding the Cabal!
a shadowy Nightwalker: Intruder! Intruder! Sardinesfoul is raiding the Cabal!
a shadowy Nightwalker: Intruder! Intruder! Farkadan is raiding the Cabal!

a shadowy Nightwalker: Alas, my life has come to an end...

the Archmage of Eternal Night: Intruder! Intruder! Zoltronix is raiding the Cabal!
the Archmage of Eternal Night: Intruder! Intruder! Sardinesfoul is raiding the Cabal!
the Archmage of Eternal Night: Intruder! Intruder! Farkadan is raiding the Cabal!

the Archmage of Eternal Night: Alas, my life has come to an end...

The Dark Healer: Zoltronix has given our item to the Destructor.

Beroxors: I hope you all have a good explanation as to why you didn't defend.

who scion
< Hum IMM> Beroxors the Ill Omen, Lord of Dark Revelations, Generally Cool and Funloving Guy
< Lich IMM> Valg the Slightly Jaded Elder Prophet of the Omens
< Arial AVA> Mecantoss the Dark Knight

Valg: I was coding...and I'm on vacation.

Mecantoss: Newbie channel.

Beroxors: Hmm...it seems there are no mortals to defend the Scepter.

Mecantoss: Perhaps we should appoint a new Chancellor or Advisor to bring others into the Fold.

Valg: No, our enemies would expect as much.

Beroxors: Indeed, we must remain mysterious and unpredictable at all times.

RomanulWed 17-Mar-04 04:07 AM
114 posts
#25453, "Defence against a Paladin.."
In response to Reply #1

<922/922hp 794m 812mv | civilized waning 10 PM> whe
stalk Lathan
People near you:
(PK) Lathan The Shroud of the Unspoken

<922/922hp 794m 812mv | civilized waning 10 PM> You continue to stalk Lathan.

<922/922hp 794m 812mv | civilized waning 10 PM> whe

the Archmage of Eternal Night: Alas, my life has come to an end...
You hear something's death cry.

<922/922hp 794m 812mv | civilized waning 10 PM> s
assassinate Lathan
People near you:
(PK) Lathan The Shroud of the Unspoken

<922/922hp 794m 812mv | civilized waning 10 PM> The Shroud of the Unspoken

The splattered brains of the Archmage of Eternal Night are lying here.
The Altar of Eternal Night rests here in the center of the room.
(Humming) A pit of eternal darkness lies before you.
(Pink Aura) (WANTED) Lathan is here.
(White Aura) The Dark Healer keeps a watchful eye on her Scions.

<922/922hp 794m 811mv | civilized waning 10 PM> Quickly stepping in front of Lathan, you see the surprise on his face.
With a swift, fluid upswing you slice Lathan's abdomen open.
Collapsing with shock and horror, Lathan watches his entrails spill onto the ground.
Gripping your sword with both hands you quickly drive it through Lathan's back as he falls.
As Lathan gasps his final breath, you extract your sword.
Lathan is DEAD!!
Lathan's feet are sliced from his dead body.

<922/922hp 794m 811mv | civilized waning 10 PM> get all.coins corpse
get scepter corpse
get all corpse
put all charms
get all corpse
+++HIDE+++HIDE+++
You get 9 gold coins from the corpse of Lathan.
You get 4 silver coins from the corpse of Lathan.
You get 732 copper coins from the corpse of Lathan.

<922/922hp 794m 811mv | civilized waning 10 PM> You get the Ebony Scepter from the corpse of Lathan.

Felar Serpent (Guest)Wed 17-Mar-04 05:00 AM

#25455, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #1

' I was lucky to be surrounded by people who can roleplay much better than me (Ilivarra, Mekantos, Foslin etc). This made me up my game in the rp stakes, good rp really does breed good rp in others. '

That is a feeling I've come to know pretty well.

Characters like Kwalin and Ilivarra, but at one time your own as well, stimulated me into doing what I could to make my character much more unique and more of an actual part of this virtual world, after what occurred between me, Illivarra and yourself. I'm sure you will still remember. At the time I thought it meant the end of him. But, as it turned out, this couldn't have been further from the truth. Once it's my time to go, you'll understand what I mean.

I was always hoping that you would try to assassinate him once for his big mouth, so I could more or less legally present you with the horns. But alas, this was never meant to be.

You did very well, and you also gave my character a large swing in the better direction, even if it was pretty unintentional on your part. So for what it's worth Romanul - Thank you.

Arthakar

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 17-Mar-04 06:13 PM

#25461, "Rings a bell...."
In response to Reply #1

In reference to you complaint about not being thrown a bone....

Your thoughts are exactly the same as mine were with Anith, and I came across as a whiner when I spoke them after deleting...Seems to be a trend here perhaps when most former leaders have the same complaint. Maybe 4 or 5 more and they might clue in. Even a 'Good job' once and a while can really help your spirits.....We're still people!! Nice logs though. heh

Daurwyn (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 07:53 AM

#25472, "didn't Anith get the raven form?"
In response to Reply #20

and didn't another shifter get the nightmare form?

Both of those are very powerful perks imho.

Raven, if I understand, could see hidden at least sometimes? That's extremely powerful, if you have your ordinary forms to compliment it.

Nightmare, if I understand, could gate to sleeping people at times. That too is extremely powerful.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 09:07 AM

#25474, "had nothing to do with being leader..."
In response to Reply #29

Got the form from Intronan, before leadering.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 09:11 AM

#25475, "Oh and.."
In response to Reply #29

Raven was a cool form.

Identical to the golden eagle..cept for appearance. But it could peck out the eyes of your opponent, (had a chance each peck) which blinded them for 4 hours or so...

I liked it alot. No detect hide though.

Vorondel (Guest)Wed 17-Mar-04 07:03 PM

#25463, "So long Eta"
In response to Reply #1

A shame we did not interact, I know I should roleplay more with evil folks... Anyway, solid job (from what I could tell) and thanks for the fun few fights.

See you in ST then

Vorondel

ValguarneraWed 17-Mar-04 09:19 PM
6904 posts
#25464, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed this character, and I thought it was a big step up from Szordrin.

I'm glad you enjoyed the cabal/area work I've done. My time is more limited recently, and I've been focusing on more administrative duties (I'm central to area management, I'm one of the three or four more active coders, etc.). I've turned over the majority of the day-to-day workings of Scion to Beroxxus, as you noticed. Since my time is limited, it's a question of what duties I can be replaced easily at vs. the ones that would be difficult to transition.

There's an odd expectation with Scion. I don't think I've seen, for example, Heralds retire and complain that Yanoreth didn't run some event for them. It takes a lot of different things to keep a MUD functioning. My contributions are all over the place by now, but I do the majority of them invisibly from a player perspective. I don't think I advertise myself as any other kind of immortal.

Example: If a new area comes in, it's a good bet I (and Arvam, and others to a lesser extent) was closely associated with making sure it has good-but-not-too-good gear, ranking is possible if designed for such, Call of the Wild does something, exploration experience can be earned in it, a helpfile exists, the rooms connect properly, etc. I probably wrote or tested some of the custom code for it. I helped evaluate the initial idea, tried to keep it on schedule, said "no" where needed, told people the frickin' difference between "its" and "it's", etc. At the end of all of that, all that is visible from the player end is maybe my name on the area's "sign". Between adjusting new areas and maintaining old ones, it consumes a lot of my CF time.

Back to your post: I have no idea why you weren't titled. I'm the worst title-r ever, but I have no explanation for why I didn't get one to you. As for Chancellor powers/perks, they're inherent to the cabal powers- all of them (except one IIRC, and I'll go add that now) "know" you're a leader. I used to give out an extra spell, but I like how these perks tie in more.

I don't go publically visible at all, including when dealing with followers/etc. Doesn't fit my character's personality, and I prefer the style of interactions I can do from the shadows.

Glad you enjoyed the area. I still laugh when I think of the initial forum posts from "experts" where they claimed there was no kewl gear inside and thus you could skip it. It's a niche area, but I like how it functions.

Rom (Guest)Wed 17-Mar-04 10:03 PM

#25467, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #22

There's an odd expectation with Scion. I don't think I've seen, for example, Heralds retire and complain that Yanoreth didn't run some event for them. It takes a lot of different things to keep a MUD functioning. My contributions are all over the place by now, but I do the majority of them invisibly from a player perspective. I don't think I advertise myself as any other kind of immortal.

I guess that has something to do with the fact that a herald is not under immense pressure to perform well in pk, rp, etc. They are not expected to defend against huge odds (they never get raided anyway, no item to take). They dont constantly have to walk basically a very fine line in regards to leading the cabal, deciding cabal policy. They dont have to keep their cabal members fearing/respecting them...hell man, I'm just mindboggled that you would try and draw a comparison between the expectations a herald imm puts on their leader/members and the scion situation.

Don't get me wrong I love the pressure it makes me excel (as I did with Eta) but well its easy to get burned out when your constantly under pressure to basically perform well and you get little or no loving in return.

Romanul.

MekantosThu 18-Mar-04 02:33 AM
796 posts
#25469, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #25

I see your points to a degree, but in regards to the last comment, which
was "Don't get me wrong I love the pressure it makes me excel (as I did
with Eta) but well its easy to get burned out when your constantly under
pressure to basically perform well and you get little or no loving in
return
" I think that a large part of the incentive that goes with
being a cabal leader (especially a really effective drow Scion assassin
Chancellor) is the reputation you gain. 90% of the time people's RP-meter
will raise at least a notch while in such a character's presence, which
makes the game more enjoyable. Of course, that is something that is easier
to see in a retrospective look at a character's life. Also, getting a cabal
leader position gives you the ability, more than ever before, to make
things happen. That is to say that you will have a better platform to create
any kind of scenario that you want than, let's say, if you were a character
with less depth. If I seem like I am rambling, it's OK, I tend to do that.

Now for a question that might help us gauge things better in the
future, if you don't mind. :

-Was their too much uncertainty about your ability to "make the calls",
which ultimately hindered you going out and making more
scenarios? (I am leaving that kind of blurry, I know, but I think it
might cover a few concerns.)

P.S. This question might not even really apply to you, but if it does
I would like to know how/why.

-Mek

RomanulThu 18-Mar-04 05:03 AM
114 posts
#25470, "Hell yes."
In response to Reply #26

-Was their too much uncertainty about your ability to "make the calls",
which ultimately hindered you going out and making more
scenarios? (I am leaving that kind of blurry, I know, but I think it
might cover a few concerns.)

Let me take a snippet from my goodbyes which might answer this:

---

"the Archmage who started talking #### over cb soon after I got Chancellor, saying #### like "If Thera comes to think that we fear the Imperials, I will have your head Etarekoth". That there is the number one reason why most of my characters are uncaballed low-profile killers. I simply ####ing hate to be put into a position where I cannot multi-kill/full-loot anyone who pisses me off. Etarekoth would not have taken any mortal scion saying #### like that, but when a mob says it god damn it is so frustrating, so I just basically had to let it slide which frankly just pissed me off and made me bitter/jaded. The note sent by the Archmage about the Trib thing...well that just made me think Why the hell did these guys make me Chancellor, if they want to lead the cabal?!"

---

Don't you remember when I asked you about how the Chancellor stands before the archmage in terms of power/respect, and you didn't give me a clear answer, if I recall correctly you said something like "well you should do well to listen to what he has to say" or something like that. It just seemed like a gray area, and I will repeat myself, the thing which absolutely drove me crazy (ic and ooc)was that there was nothing I could do to shut him the #### up.

As for wanting to start my own stuff, I did approach you about the Azuremain stuff, and I had been praying and praying and writing notes for Beroxxus/Valg because I had a lot of stuff I wanted to discuss, including the portal inside the Keep which has a #### load of scion quest-potential hint hint scion Immortals. Unfortunately, my playing times changed when I started school again, and they didn't coincide with Beroxxus. That was out of my hands, and out of his, so theres no use crying about that.

Well I think I've answered your question, if my 'tone' seemed bitter I apologize.

Romanul.

Foslin (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 07:02 AM

#25471, "I agree with you completely Etarekoth..."
In response to Reply #27

They tied my hand completely as Chancellor, which begged the question, why even make someone Chancellor, why even have a leadership position, if you cannot make policies for the cabal or punish others who treat you with constant disrespect. It was different than any other cabal leadership experience, and left me feeling micro-managed, and not trusted at all. And made the pressure on you even more great, knowing that because they are micro-managing the situation, you have no idea when the next bitch out session is when you try to create "scenarios". If you can't let the cabal leader go and give them some string to play with or hang himself with, why have a cabal leader?

Its something to think about. And I have to cut the strings to this forum, its the last tie to this damn addiction.

BeroxxusThu 18-Mar-04 07:08 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
176 posts
#25483, "RE: I agree with you completely Etarekoth..."
In response to Reply #28

I'm not entirely what you are reffering too, but if you are talking about me not letting you smack Mekantos for being rude, yadda yadda to you while he was Advisor, tough. He was a leader. Only two people get that call. Valg and I. Just as Mekantos couldn't do anything to you, you couldn't do anything directly to him unless you both agreed to duke it out. Chancellor and Advisor have the same level of power, just different duties. You played the Chancellor really well and Mekantos played the Advisor really well.

If it is something else, I don't recall it, but that is the only thing I can remember off hand that I dealt with on your Chancellor status.

Beroxxus

Wondering.. (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 09:21 AM

#25516, "When have advisors done more than...um...advise?"
In response to Reply #40

>Chancellor and Advisor have the same level of power, just
>different duties. You played the Chancellor really well and
>Mekantos played the Advisor really well.

As someone who's honestly never played a Scion, I've always seen an "Advisor" as being subservient to a "Chancellor" by strict word definition so I can see his point a little bit.

I also think Mr. Webster is with me on this one. Advisors advise, chancellors run the government.

It's sort of like calling one guy a "pope" and the other a "cardinal" but stating that they've got equal authority when their titles convey the exact opposite.

Not flaming, just wondering how this works if I ever make a Scion.

ValguarneraFri 19-Mar-04 02:23 PM
6904 posts
#25524, "RE: When have advisors done more than...um...advise?"
In response to Reply #48

The duties of the Advisor are explained to each Advisor. It is otherwise not publically documented, not even to Chancellors.

Kazadan (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 04:19 PM

#25527, "Come on, we all know that..."
In response to Reply #50

... Mekantos, when he was advisor, was the lead designer of
the Chasm. He picked all the colors, the furniture, where to
hang the pictures of the Ccul'Gra, how to arrange the iron
maiden, mancatchers and other torture items, and to teach the
Ccul'Gra etiquette.

Seriously, Valg, isn't it a prerequisite to watch Home and
Garden to being appointed Advisor? (ie. Interior Designer)

I know what's up,
- Kazadan

MekantosFri 19-Mar-04 04:42 PM
796 posts
#25528, "I can't believe you could forget that..."
In response to Reply #51

...I was also in charge of coaching the Chasm's own squad of Brownie
girls. How could you, Kazadan, forget the delectable brownies, cookies,
and cupcakes that my little Mekettes sold to everyone (on the threat
of death)? If I remember correctly, isn't that where you started out
with us? I recall it almost like yesterday...

===========================================================
You say 'You have got to be the ugliest girl I have ever seen. What
is that? Psoriasis of the forehead?'

Kazadan bursts into tears!

You say 'Whatever. Anyway...I think we have a spot for you on the Squad,
as our mobile mascot. Just put this bag over your head and hiss at
people.'

You give a brown paper bag to Kazadan.

Kazadan says 'But--'

You say 'Look, ugly people have a place, and you have just redefined
it. I don't know or care about who or what your mom screwed to spawn
you. Just do your job and put some ####ing pep in your step!'

Kazadan says 'But I am a man!'

Mekantos taps the hilt of his sword.

You say 'I've got one sound for you: "plop!"'

Kazadan says 'Just kidding!'

Kazadan wears a brown paper bag on his head.

===========================================================

Ah yes, fond memories.

Kazadan (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 09:43 PM

#25554, "That's just plain disturbing nt"
In response to Reply #52

ValguarneraThu 18-Mar-04 06:37 PM
6904 posts
#25479, "RE: Hell yes."
In response to Reply #27

Don't you remember when I asked you about how the Chancellor stands before the archmage in terms of power/respect, and you didn't give me a clear answer, if I recall correctly you said something like "well you should do well to listen to what he has to say" or something like that. It just seemed like a gray area, and I will repeat myself, the thing which absolutely drove me crazy (ic and ooc)was that there was nothing I could do to shut him the #### up.

First, I think the problem stems more from your OOC needs than anything IC. Scion is an evil cabal. If someone is displeased with something you've done, it's not going to come to you in a memo. Of course the guardians are going to be demanding and harsh.

If an Immortal or the cabal inner guardian thinks your leadership needs direction, they overrule the mortal leadership. This is true of every cabal. Being made leader gives you a lot of freedom, but it doesn't mean you're above removal or a shove. I had the same experience in Master (Adept selection, rules about initiating conflict, etc.), and so does every cabal leader.

Frankly it's laughable to complain about being shoved around because you got criticized or directed every 100 hours or so by the Archmage. When I'm snooping other cabals during Scion/Cabal-X interactions and it's pretty clear they aren't worried about the consequences of taking the Scepter, and you were adopting a stance that could best be described as appeasement, then yes, someone is going to point you at the problem.

Had you stayed around and refused to make Tribunal back down, at the least I would have appointed an Advisor who would feel differently.

Daurwyn (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 07:54 PM

#25486, "that's only one approach though"
In response to Reply #36

Another way of looking at it is that there is a member of the chasm who is draining the resources of the chasm by getting himself killed repeatedly, having to "redespoil" and regear, and generally making enemies for the chasm when other members of the chasm do nicely out of dealing with these enemies.

Why would I, as Chancellor, let someone mess around with those I deal with, and expend chasm resources to such an extent?

Just because "nothing is forbidden" doesn't mean a scion can get away with causing trouble for other scions, and interfering with their plans, I presume.

Doesn't a chasm leader have the freedom to take either stance?

I know as a scion I'd probably come down on the scion stirring things up, because he's interfering with my plans whilst booting him doesn't interfere with my plans. The scion concerned targetted a cabal that wasn't particularly interested in scion. The problems came because of the individual. I don't see that removing such an individual is a sign of weakness.

ValguarneraThu 18-Mar-04 08:20 PM
6904 posts
#25488, "Sure."
In response to Reply #43

There's obviously multiple ways to handle the problem. My point was that the situation was worsening, but no one was really doing anything about it, and Etarekoth wasn't 'in charge' of the situation. Power abhors a vacuum.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 08:51 AM

#25515, "Here's what I don't get."
In response to Reply #36

And if it's somewhere else in this thread, I've missed it.

Why should a leader of scion take #### from the archmage? I haven't played a scion, so perhaps this is addressed somewhere in the library or whatnot of the cabal, but it doesn't seem to me like the guardian of an item should dictate outside policy.

Would Etarekoth have been punished if he responded to the archmage threatening to have his head if Thera viewed Scion as fearing Imperial like this:

'Very well, Archmage. And I shall have yours the next time you fall to a single raiding villager'

or

'Your task is to guard and defend our dark item of power, not speak to me of policy. Do not presume to describe to me my duties, just as I do not presume to dictate to you the best way to defend. Or perhaps the next time a horde of barbarians comes to visit, you would prefer I left you to mind your own affairs?'

Rom (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 02:49 AM

#25638, "Good point. I wonder what would happen...(nt)"
In response to Reply #47

nt

Nivek1Sat 20-Mar-04 12:15 AM
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#25559, "In my not so humble opinion..."
In response to Reply #27

... I think you should stick to your guns, man. If the Archmage or some IMM protected mortal goes disrepecting you and it's in your RP not to take it lying down, ditch 'em. Listen as the Inner screams his death cry or stand by and watch as the advisor loses his shinies.

You know you don't need cabals to make a successful character.

Out.

Niv

Arvam Follower (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 08:19 AM

#25473, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #22

>Example: If a new area comes in, it's a good bet I (and Arvam,
>and others to a lesser extent) was closely associated with
>making sure it has good-but-not-too-good gear, ranking is
>possible if designed for such, Call of the Wild does
>something, exploration experience can be earned in it, a
>helpfile exists, the rooms connect properly, etc. I probably
>wrote or tested some of the custom code for it. I helped
>evaluate the initial idea, tried to keep it on schedule, said
>"no" where needed, told people the frickin' difference between
>"its" and "it's", etc. At the end of all of that, all that is
>visible from the player end is maybe my name on the area's
>"sign". Between adjusting new areas and maintaining old ones,
>it consumes a lot of my CF time.
>
>I don't go publically visible at all, including when dealing
>with followers/etc. Doesn't fit my character's personality,
>and I prefer the style of interactions I can do from the
>shadows.

Arvam still deigns to interact with his followers and cabalees, even if the time he has to do so is sometimes limited. Why do you have a religion if you don't have any time to interact with followers? This could be my naiivete, but never being publically visible because it doesn't suit your Imm's personality is a bit weak.

Just my two.

ValguarneraThu 18-Mar-04 03:18 PM
6904 posts
#25476, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #30
Edited on Thu 18-Mar-04 03:48 PM

This could be my naiivete

I'll vote for that.

It's safe to say you don't know what Arvam or I do or don't do behind the scenes, and thus making a comparison is moot. Nor do you know our respective schedules.

Arvam Follower (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 06:05 PM

#25478, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #33

>It's safe to say you don't know what Arvam or I do or don't do
>behind the scenes, and thus making a comparison is moot. Nor
>do you know our respective schedules.

Um, you made the comparison.
thanks.

Graatchman (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 10:50 AM

#25521, "I think you're missing the point, and he's not expressi..."
In response to Reply #33

I think what he's saying is that you should consider taking yourself off the wizlist as controlling spheres, and as having a religion, because you don't interact with mortals. You have explained that your role as a game admin takes most (perhaps all) of your time, and leaves little or none for the kinds of mortal interaction the player is describing.

I don't think he, and certainly not I, are criticizing you for the work you do or the amount of time it takes or the investment you've put in. Far from it. I think what he's saying is it is difficult and perhaps unfair to a player who thinks you will have time to be a part of their character in the usual immortal way, i.e. empowerment, interactions re: religion, tattoo opportunities, etc., when in fact you don't have that time due to the constraints of your behind-the-scenes work.

My read is he's not saying you _should_ come out from behind the curtain more, but that if you aren't going to, you shouldn't make it appear as though you might, by having a religion and sphere-control like other imms who aren't Oz.

Of course I have no personal experience with you with respect to how much time you interact with mortals seeking your attention, I haven't had any. So none of this is from my opinion. But it seems pretty clear several players have tried to get your attention in the normal, usual cf process, and been disappointed by a lack of response. Maybe they just didn't deserve it. I don't know.

wakeupdeadman (Guest)Thu 18-Mar-04 09:57 PM

#25493, "Last I checked I didn't see you"
In response to Reply #30

coding this mud for FREE, or doing all the stuff that goes along with what all Valg has to do. (I can only imagine.) So instead of posting to say that someone that puts numerous hours into something for your enjoyment is weak, just write on a piece of paper and shove it up your selfish ass.

BrotminFri 19-Mar-04 09:05 PM
48 posts
#25550, "That's disappointing"
In response to Reply #22

I'm not around much anymore, but it disappoints me to read that you've developed the Valg character in such a way that you don't go publically visible at all these days. When I was Brotmin, you going visible is what allowed me to say "Hey, can we talk?" and such, and have the interactions that we both very much enjoyed. Brotmin would never have prayed just to have the "heads-up" conversations that advanced our relationship and his character. If you'd had this policy back then, I doubt Taskmaster would have been as much fun (though it obviously wouldn't have been the end of the world). I'd urge you to reconsider it, if the character allows it - even if you don't go vis much, the occassional time can bring some interesting conversations, I'd think.

Brotmin

jaynusThu 18-Mar-04 05:37 PM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
#25477, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #1

I posted all I needed to in my death forum.. I think. You were a great player, got me enough times as both my characters.. though as Kackrik I made it my goal to give you as much #### as possible. I truely enjoyed our fights between our characters, I would think we eventually began to respect each other for sticking it out (times when you would be against 4, times when I would do the same etc). One of the best highlights of Kackrik was after Beroxxus threatning him, I came and killed you with ####ty eq and two Grime axes. It was mostly the work of axes + bloodthirst, but ah well. Good showing, great character. I know you hate me on the boards, but thats OOC.. doesn't mean I won't respect you for the work you put in your characters.

Cheers,
- jaynus

BeroxxusThu 18-Mar-04 07:05 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
176 posts
#25482, "RE: Thats that"
In response to Reply #1

>Mainly for the Scion imms: Damn, I felt like you guys thought
>I was somehow inferior to the other cabal leaders, in terms of
>rp, pk, whatever. The main reason being is that all of the
>other leaders get something apart from leader con/leader age.
>Jinroh got his weapon almost instantly on becoming Commander.
>Basically every other leader has either (a) a leader weapon,
> b) some special power, (c) some cool custom title. I thought
>I had definately earned (c), I could think of several
>appropriate titles which would have been wicked and made sense
>but obviously you guys thought I didn't deserve it. I mean
>damn, I look at the Outlander heroes and they're all sporting
>cool titles, and I just think that my character must be
>somehow inadquate compared to them.

Well, like Valg I don't really know why you didn't get a special title. I was kinda MIA for a couple of months, so maybe that had something to do with it. Don't know really. I'm guessing it just didn't dawn on me. One of those things that just didn't click. It happens. As far as getting anything, as Valg said, you get what all the leaders get. The Scion powers go, Hey you are a leader! I can't ever recall where a Scion leader got a special power or leader weapon, though I could be overlooking someone. Most things are done from a different stand point and sometimes by the Scion's patron immortal. Sorry you felt like you got the shaft in this area, but I think the title thing was truly an oversight.

>About interaction...I had reached a stage with Eta where only
>immortal interaction could advance my understanding/knowledge
>about the cabal. Unfortunately that never happened...I tried
>asking Mekantos but he didn't know.

There are things in the game that tell alot of the Scions, but also a lot is kept secret with bits and pieces that leak out for reason. Again, you might have learned more if these past couple of months wouldn't have been sucky real life crap.

>Perhaps what frustrated me the most was that I would pull off
>some pretty nice #### as Etarekoth...and I never ever heard
>one "Good Job" from the Immortals, never got any positive
>echoes...nothing. I only heard negative comments from the
>Archmage and thats about it.

Well to be honest, I never saw you do something awesome. Comments from players saying how they would just like to hear "Good Job" every once a while I took to heart and do so when I feel it good. You assassinated a good bit of people, but I don't think you got one during my play time. I could be wrong though.

>Beroxxus: Man, from hereforth I shall refer to you exclusively
>as Beroxors. Your the man, you really are a players-Immortal.
>Thanks a bunch for all the various interactions with the
>nightwalkers, worthless, and yourself. I wanted to finish up
>the riddle stuff, but I just couldn't find you on when I was
>on which sucked for me. From my p.o.v, I wish our playing
>times were perfectly aligned, I think I could have achieved so
>much more..

Thanks for the compliment. I'm still in the process of working on that "riddle stuff." I wanted it to really get rolling why you were around, but I'm lazy at times and real life sometimes grabs me..hehe. I liked Etarekoth for the most part. You came off arogant to me, which is a fun evil leader quirk. Any way, good luck in things!

Beroxxus

AdrigonThu 18-Mar-04 07:26 PM
158 posts
#25484, "I liked our interactions, though limited they were"
In response to Reply #1

We ranked together a bit when I played Vanar and it's always nice with someone actually able to tank things (in comparsion to the current way things are between 15 and 30, damnit!). Still we had fun and that's what it boils down to. I guess only Kwalin remains now of the 'oldschool' gang Later you inducted me when I played Tchzarch and while my role with that character was rather ... flat, I still enjoyed it.

Wow, already I'm rambling. Regardless, I liked you though I had no idea you would actually be appointed chancellor. You were a deadly assassin and that time where Maelgora summoned me in Tar Valon, and you assassinated her the second after was just beautiful.

I think one of the many benefits with being a scion is that you (almost) always end up with skilled people by your side and Etarekoth was a good proof of that.

As far as immteraction goes I think only once during my last 3 or so Scions I've had any that wasn't the archmage complaining about someones behaviour. But then again that makes it all the more worth it the time it is received.

Well played, and I hope I will interact more with your future characters.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25432 Previous topic | Next topic