Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Marballa the Learned of Owaza" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25256
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 05-Mar-04 02:16 PM
Member since 26th May 2024
16879 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25256, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Marballa the Learned of Owaza"

Fri Mar 5 13:15:40 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Marballa perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:43
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:210

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I suppose I'll post my goodbyes, such as they are., Laearrist, 05-Mar-04 09:35 PM, #1
     Reply Well humph., Jinroh (Guest), 05-Mar-04 11:49 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I suppose I'll post my goodbyes, such as they are., Vex (Guest), 06-Mar-04 12:34 AM, #3
     Reply No love for Ajoal? :P -nt, jaynus, 06-Mar-04 03:17 AM, #4
     Reply Sorry, knew I'd forget someone., Laearrist, 06-Mar-04 01:47 PM, #5
     Reply No love for Akrian either? n/t, Akrian (Guest), 07-Mar-04 08:06 PM, #6
          Reply RE: No love for Akrian either? n/t, Betraal (Guest), 07-Mar-04 09:33 PM, #7
          Reply Bah! I said nothing of the sort., Laearrist, 07-Mar-04 10:25 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Bah! I said nothing of the sort., Betraal (Guest), 08-Mar-04 10:59 AM, #13
          Reply RE: No love for Akrian either? n/t, Laearrist, 07-Mar-04 09:39 PM, #8
     Reply Props, Dryzzel, 07-Mar-04 10:53 PM, #10
     Reply Her, and yes you did win all the others. nt, Laearrist, 08-Mar-04 01:07 AM, #11
     Reply Yup, Vronwei (Guest), 08-Mar-04 04:21 AM, #12
     Reply Hrmm I don't recall saying there was a specific reason...., Laearrist, 08-Mar-04 11:20 AM, #14
          Reply RE: Hrmm I don't recall saying there was a specific rea..., Vronwei (Guest), 08-Mar-04 07:39 PM, #15
     Reply Well my 10 cents worth, Karsus (Guest), 11-Mar-04 08:12 PM, #16

LaearristFri 05-Mar-04 09:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
289 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25263, "I suppose I'll post my goodbyes, such as they are."
In response to Reply #0

Well the point of this character was to try another villager, and I had fun for the most part, but somewhere along the line I lost the will to reequip, and so died a lot an basically lost interest. If I spell anyones name wrong... well #### off I'm bad with names.

I didn't write a role for Marballa, but anyone that talked with her I'm sure basically understood what her deal was.

Village:

Jinroh: Marballa had mixed feelings about you. You were/are obviously a strong character, but she felt your overdeveloped sense of honor hurt the village. From and OOC standpoint, doubleblock is REALLY nice when trying to hero a rager, and having a defender who is unwilling to group to rank, while solid rp, just sucks.

Vexoffesz: Marballa liked you alot, probably because you were the closest, racially, of anyone in the village. She was going to teach to a lesson about calling the female gender the weaker sex (in our interview notes) but I (the player) basically didn't care that much. I did think that was a little weird coming from a drow, since most fantasy have them with a female dominated society, but I'll chalk that up to poor racial identity for CF drow. Also I think your spec/legacy combo was the ultimate in pimp.

Ranak: One of my pledges (stupidest policy ever IMHO) Marballa had a special place in her heart for you, and it's obvious you know what your doing. From a player's standpoint, I knew you'd do well, which is why Marballa decided to pledge you even after you made a poor first choice for mentor.

Betraal: Heh you bugged the #### out of me to get me to be your mentor, but Marballa and you got along well, much better than she got along with most of the village duergar. I like your spec combo and think you will do sick things with it if you stick it out.

Rahno: Marballa hated you, we already touched on this.

Zhelrantix: Marballa saw you very little, and she wasn't sure what to think during the induction interview. As a player, when someone asks "Name past commanders" what I hear is "How many villagers have you played?" but that might not be what you were trying to do.

Zylundak: Liked you, Marballa was real sad when you died, even though we didn't interact much, I had fond memories from previous characters.

Hrejial: Marballa felt kind of sorry for you, especially since you were obviously intelligent, but expressing yourself as a minotaur is tough. She was VERY annoyed by villagers who couldn't figure out what you were saying (basically she didn't like stupid people), but she wanted to joke with you about it, which didn't go over so well the one time she tried.

Jarsharlax: By being Rahno's pledge you would have had to go a long way for Marballa to like you. You didn't. She hated you almost as much as she hated Rahno, and when you got Elder, she was even more pissed, which is why I chose to fight you instead of Ranak for getting back into the village. She really wanted to kill you, and saw it as a great opportunity to do so. Had you not resisted I think she would have won the fight, but ce la vie.

Aryawk/Vronwei: Marballa liked both of your characters, but she always had a soft spot for those of her guild. I think it was complete #### Vronwei couldn't get back in because "you've died more than you've killed" especially since I'm almost 100% positive Marballa had a less than 50% ratio.

Empire:

Dryzzel: Had some good fights, had some lopsided fights (on your end) but overall Marballa had some respect for you, and I hope it went both ways.

Naaj(?) Imperial High Priest: Marballa really hated you, but the matchup wasn't a particularly good one for her. I wish I'd have gotten you on the ocean that one time, especially since I ran out of mv 1 square from the healer. As a player, much respect, I think you have a solid char.

Carrick: Marballa thought you were a ####. I don't think much better of you, but I do understand the thief mentantility a little, so I have some sympathy. Thanks for reminding me why I don't play thieves.

Tribunal:

Optomkiptum: I don't care what you say, you should have AT LEAST lost your justiciar position for a while for attacking me in town. The only reason Marballa pursued it was because she wanted you without the protection of the Spire, for easier killings, but as a player I think the imms were way too lax on that. I understand it wasn't on purpose, I understand it wouldn't have happened had I not been a rager, but a death and loss of weapons is utter ####, especially considering what ragers had to deal with (getting booted well, just because). Other than that instance, I think you do a good job, even though the spire has really been pissing me off of late.

Odrirg: How you remain a goodie is beyond my comprehension. Coming to the village to hunt Marballa because she's an "agent of Chaos" while standing beside imperials and not doing anything but continuing to pursue me is poor, but obviously my opinion isn't the one that counts. Also, the time we fought and you blamed me causing you to flee on me thirsting was...well... weak... I was in no danger of dying there, and that had nothing to do with thirst.

Scion:

Illivara: Your the only one I fought, and you kicked the #### out of me. New respect for evil conjurers, especially you. Marballa was scared of you (which I'm sure you'll like hearing) although I'm sure she wouldn't admit it.

Independants:

Woopooga: We had a couple of good fights, and a couple of bad fights. Marballa felt mostly pity toward you, and I think your char is very cool, and an interesting take on the failed villager. The only time I was dissapointed from an rp standpoint was when you sat on the outskirt of Hamsah with a duo'd trannie when you knew I was only a few steps west on Eastern. From what I understand of your char, you shouldn't have been that patient, but in reality it was a minor thing, and overall I enjoyed our interactions. You can pincer me to death all you want, but that fight I posted had mad style.

Imms:

Ordasen: Umm I think you botched it big time. Marballa held just enough respect for you (read: respected your ability to essentially ruin her life) to follow the rule of the village as she saw them. When she talked to you and you said something to the affect of "You act as if proving you should be a villager is beneath you." I wanted to tell you hell yes it is, but didn't because I'm sure it've ended badly. In the end Marballa felt like she was being asked to prove, by jumping through some hoops like a trained animal, that which she'd been doing all along. Getting re-interviewed to get back in was a waste of her time, and quite frankly a waste of mine. It's not hard to answer the questions right, but if you'd been watching the character (which, granted I wasn't playing as much at the time) you would already know if someone deserved to be in or out.

Drunsthol: Handled internally... yea whatever.

Well I think that's about it. If I forgot ya, let me know, I'll get back to you.

*signed in a shadowy script*
Marball ShadowDancer

p.s. Pissed I didn't get my last name...

Jinroh (Guest)Fri 05-Mar-04 11:49 PM

#25269, "Well humph."
In response to Reply #1

My sense of honor has really no bearing on the village itself. There should be some assemblance of honor in the village, not because its required for honor's sake, or balance of powers, it is required to be the best warriors of the land, which is part of what battleragers are. If you can't defeat someone one on one, or continually gang someone to death without facing them one on one, what is the courage in that? That is what the village should be about, I just enforced it while before it wasn't really enforced.

If Jinroh enforced his ideal of honor, it would have been a whole different bag of chips. As for Marballa, I enjoyed our interactions and your bravery in many situations. You stuck with it, but unfortunately I don't know what happened to make you rage delete. Maybe frustration or just not having fun, all is acceptable in my book and I have been there. Being in the village when its being rebuilt and the loss of its core powerhouses (berserkers) is difficult to say the least to survive. Hope you come back another time and give it another try.

P.S.
I agree with you about Zhelrantix's questions, its basically asking you if you have been in the village before and looked at the pillar and put it in a text file for later review. That has been moved away from.

Vex (Guest)Sat 06-Mar-04 12:34 AM

#25274, "RE: I suppose I'll post my goodbyes, such as they are."
In response to Reply #1

>Vexoffesz: Marballa liked you alot, probably because you were
>the closest, racially, of anyone in the village. She was
>going to teach to a lesson about calling the female gender the
>weaker sex (in our interview notes) but I (the player)
>basically didn't care that much. I did think that was a
>little weird coming from a drow, since most fantasy have them
>with a female dominated society, but I'll chalk that up to
>poor racial identity for CF drow. Also I think your
>spec/legacy combo was the ultimate in pimp.

Hey, glad you liked me, as a player I liked you, and Vex came to like you some even though you were a female, mostly because you weren't a giant, weren't a warrior, and were smart. Chauvinism: Explained by the fact that Vex was both an outcast from drow society, and was teh ghey. Yeah, my spec/legacy/race combo was pretty cool, would have been interesting to see what a really skilled player could have done with it Too bad you lost interest, happens to everyone though, I guess...

Cheers

jaynusSat 06-Mar-04 03:17 AM
Member since 16th Apr 2003
139 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25277, "No love for Ajoal? :P -nt"
In response to Reply #1

k

LaearristSat 06-Mar-04 01:47 PM
289 posts
#25284, "Sorry, knew I'd forget someone."
In response to Reply #4

Marballa really like Ajoal, and really hated Kackrik, and I have a problem with your forum personnality, but hey that just goes to show you what rp can do. The whole mate thing might have been cool, but without Ajoal to drive it, Marballa was pretty much done with the whole thing. I thought your rp was cool btw, and I really liked our little talk about what happened to your War Spirit... now that I think about it, I wish I'd have kept it.

Akrian (Guest)Sun 07-Mar-04 08:06 PM

#25299, "No love for Akrian either? n/t"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Betraal (Guest)Sun 07-Mar-04 09:33 PM

#25307, "RE: No love for Akrian either? n/t"
In response to Reply #6

Don't feel bad. I didn't get any love either. I got - you're an annoying little ####. Now I know there's such thing as "tough" love, but I just got a flaming bardiche shoved my duergar ass.

LaearristSun 07-Mar-04 10:25 PM
289 posts
#25309, "Bah! I said nothing of the sort."
In response to Reply #7

I said Marballa liked you, and that we got along well... what more do you want? You did get after me to be your mentor, but it's not like that's a bad thing.

Betraal (Guest)Mon 08-Mar-04 10:59 AM

#25317, "RE: Bah! I said nothing of the sort."
In response to Reply #9

I was just busting your chops and trying to make poor forgotton Akrian feel better.

When I first talked to you, you were ALWAYS on... and then once I joined the village, I rarely saw you again

LaearristSun 07-Mar-04 09:39 PM
289 posts
#25308, "RE: No love for Akrian either? n/t"
In response to Reply #6

Sorry Akrian. Marballa always liked you... though I pegged you for a Herald at first, you were a stout villager and good companion. Marballa probably got along best with you of any of the villagers.

DryzzelSun 07-Mar-04 10:53 PM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
#25310, "Props"
In response to Reply #1

Great character I thought. Dryzzel also had much respect for you. YOu stuck it out in hard times, and you tried hard. Lots of respect for that. I hope you enjoyed playing him as much as I enjoyed the fights we had. You tooled me once on eastern road, then died to Njaal. I think I won our other one on one fights. Good work though.

Dryzzel

LaearristMon 08-Mar-04 01:07 AM
289 posts
#25312, "Her, and yes you did win all the others. nt"
In response to Reply #10

nt

Vronwei (Guest)Mon 08-Mar-04 04:21 AM

#25315, "Yup"
In response to Reply #1

I'd have understood had my deaths been against tons of one on one fights, but most were me against several enemies and again, most were in defense of the village. I agree with you 100% about your initial response to having to re-earn your way into the village. Considering I'd seen how fervently you hunted while I was Ayrawk and then even in passing as Vronwei before I got into the village it seems to me that any Imm who would have shown more than a passing interest in the village would have been able to seperate the stout ones from those who were just wasting space in the village. I usually tried to gather clothes for you when I was gathering them for myself, which sadly was a necessity alot of the time. Primarily because we were the only real assassins in the village and like you I tend to feel more at ease with those who have the same basic skill set. Always tried to gather things for villagers in passing, even if I just left those things in the pit.

I am curious, you mentioned that there was a specific reason you deleted that you might explain if you decided to let it stand, mind filling us in? By us I mean those who got to fight with you. It galls me that I can't play a villager anymore and I hated deleting and leaving you stuck with the sudden changes with one less fighter alongside you, but I have too much pride to jump through hoops for someone who I consider more ignorant of the village and what it takes to make a good one than I am. As you said, such is life...

Good character and seeing you in action made me curious about any past villagers you might have played.
Take it easy,
Hysh

LaearristMon 08-Mar-04 11:20 AM
289 posts
#25318, "Hrmm I don't recall saying there was a specific reason...."
In response to Reply #12

But quite frankly I just didn't want to play the character anymore. Things have gotten a bit busier in RL, and I didn't like the direction my character was being taken with by things outside her control, so I just decided to call it quits. I'd actually been considering it for quite some time (Even before all zerkers got kicked) but was hoping something would respark my interest... getting booted defintely didn't do that. The waning interest is testament to betraal's comments, I was on a ton at first, probably racking up 90% of the characters hours in the first couple of weeks, but then I did kind of slowly fade away...

My only other villager was a short lived felar assassin scout who's name I can't remember, and who had special rp restrictions that actually prevented me from travelling with villagers... which made for a very frustrating ranking experience.

I did mention to you that Ordasen commented on my continued persual of the Optomkiptum situation, even though he wasn't exactly "awake" yet when any of it happened. I'm sure he saw a player whining, but quite frankly that wasn't the case, and either way talking about it in my reinduction interview was just plain out of place.

Vronwei (Guest)Mon 08-Mar-04 07:39 PM

#25321, "RE: Hrmm I don't recall saying there was a specific rea..."
In response to Reply #14

Yeah, the excuse given to me was it was appended to my character imm-notes. So basically if you complain about stuff you consider ooc or even ic you're branded for future reference so they can cover their rears when they mix character information.

I might have been mistaken, you hinted at something you'd only talk about 'if' you let the delete stand.
G'luck with whatever's got your busy.
Hysh

Karsus (Guest)Thu 11-Mar-04 08:12 PM

#25370, "Well my 10 cents worth"
In response to Reply #1

I'm far from home atm, but I managed to sqeeze this sucker out.

I liked you as a villager, you were there in the shadows always when I needed you. There always lurking when I thought I was going to be in serious #### (which was dam often). You were kinda like my own personal shadow at times when I played with you.

I do have to totally agree with you about 3 things.

Rahno was a tosser both in character and out of character, his rp for the village had massive flaws in it.. Which he managed to worm his way out of.

Jar, his inducted sidekick was as you said.. A dissapointment. How he got elder is beyond me, his rp was hugely flawed and when I poked at those flaws he got all angry and bitched & moaned. He seems to be a rager old school wannabe without fully understanding them.

Ordasen, The blame to be honest cannot really be rested on him. The games design is what led to the uninduction of all berserkers. It was done offline and it had to be done to all to ensure that it was indeed a flawless conversion. I've a few ideas as to who this really is, but I wont mention it. I will say however that from what i've seen so far from him he is a good god, and will do wonders for the village. He just started off with the shizzty end of the stick.

PS:
Gonna miss haveing your "shadow" me

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25256 Previous topic | Next topic