Subject: "(####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, Fool..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22781
Show all folders

Correllia (Guest)Sun 21-Dec-03 11:39 AM

#22781, "(####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, Foolish Speaker To Gods"

I don't feel like waiting for the anti-deletion code's week to expire. If anyone wants to know what happened and why, I have posted an unedited log on Dio's. Judge as you wish.

I had looked forward to two or so hundred hours more proving to people that dagger specs at hero can kill. I think I did a pretty good job of it. I'll post a few logs. When the week is over I'll be interested to see my ratio. I'm guessing in the 45-60 range. We'll see.

Mechanics-wise, I was not impressed with Whirlwind of Steel. The helpfile makes it seem dependant upon a dex comparison between myself and who I fought, and a lightness of weapons. As an arial I was almost always if not always at a good dex advantage in fights, especially once I landed one, let alone four maledictions. And, of course, wielding daggers meant I was generally wielding some of the lightest weapons in the game.

Even so, I noticed virtually no difference between my hitting amount (number of hits per round) before taking the legacy than after. I admit it is one of the harder legacies to track in this regard, as there is no echo, and I of course did not log every single round of every fight, and then count hits, and make allowances for weapons, dex's, etc. But as a general rule I found little or no difference. I did notice that I got a fifth attack with one weapon every now and then, meaning I got an extra attack in a round. But it was so rare as to be obviously noticeable. (I could tell because 99% of the time I used daggers of different attack_types, and so knew if it was my primary or offhand weapon hitting.)

Fist is great, but Zulgh's statement notwithstanding, my experience with Correllia, and watching two other villagers with Fist (I won't say who, they are still active) is that when dirted/blinded you are easily disarmed.

Sword/dagger is a solid combo. People were all over me when I did it, but I think it's fine. It's hard to finish some kills, that's true, but plenty of people died from bleeding while trying to get away. Coupled with scout powers I was doing alright. As a scout I would evade spells, and just plan to whittle away at invoker/necro/mage foes. Maledict them so when they are hurt they flee too late and die from four various bleedings. And switch to swords after maledicting (if they are prepped and not already too hurt) and either the concealed or riposte plus regular hits would get them while I critical hit. It worked ok, but it's hard to perfect spell evasion. The better foes - essentially Kelrizza, who is a barrier whore - were so prepared that even hitting critical hits they'd just last too long and the one out of four spells that got through would be enough to screw me. In the end I think I might take flails with daggers like Vexo, or perhaps spear. Some way to keep them. Flail and dagger though makes you damn near unable to protect yourself if your dodging gets messed up, or if you lose a weapon. Who knows, maybe some time in the future.

I honestly think that %75 of people are pathetically weak cowards who are so afraid of dying they have forgotten it's a game. So rarely would people fight me one vs. one that I got bored. And I'm not that good. Good enough but nothing like a jhyrbian or zhar or gareth or some of the other pk machines. Still I'd have to work hard to fight people alone.

You know what my dream would be? The thing that would just make it great? If I could have had force duel. I've done the leveling alone/honor thing (Darmok) and I'd go through it all again with a Correllia character if it meant I could get force duel. But I deliberately avoided imm contact here and of course was not an honor character. Maybe some day.

No role. First time ever. Wanted to see if it was true what they say that you don't need one. And I figured I was a constant rp, never wavered, never deviated, was pretty obvious who I was. I will say that I sort of wished some people had prodded more to hear about her history. I did have one. Just not written in a role. Oh well.

I will surely miss plenty of people. If I do, and you wish to say something or hear from me about what I thought of you or something, please do post. Rest assured I will reply. I'm not shy about talking, as most people here know.

Thrak: somehow late in our chars' lives we met and I think we just meshed well. You were great in every respect and I have nothing but love, as the kids say these days. Amusing that you outlast me with your meager con. Good luck and have fun.

Vexo: But for one thing which I won't talk about until you die or delete, I always liked you. I think you are competent and doing a terrific job with your difficult role. I played a no-talker (Balsamon) before they had pen, so I feel your pain. You have pen, which makes it much easier, but I only did it for the first half of his life, and you are doing it for all (so far) so that more than makes up for it. Good luck and keep on keeping on.

Sardinthal: You impressed me. End of story.

Flaerglum: You obviously are having fun, but sometimes I (and a few others who I spoke to as Correllia) were a bit upset at the master vs. servant tone you'd take, especially when trying to give tactical or fighting advice that obviously was, well, not necessarily the best. However, you never seemed to back down from a fight and you were ready to help other villagers, and that's more than half the game, so on balance I say thumbs up.

Sharidum: Every now and then you'd slip into saying something ooc (like how many exp needed to level, etc.) but otherwise I liked your character and your play. A real go getter. Reminds me of that storm maran warrior whose name escapes me (he was a maran when Aemelius was inducted) who always would just charge in and die. Great heart. And you would win sometimes, too, so even better. I'm sure you'll do great and have fun.

Hal/Bai: I apologize. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between you two, rp wise. It was never bad, but never stood out in my mind. Fighting though you did fine, in my opinion. This is not to say you didn't rp and do it well, just that I couldn't keep you two straight and neither seemed to really stand out.

Kackrick: I like the die hard attitude, but lots of times I thought you were just a big ass who wanted to make trouble for no reason other than make trouble, even (perhaps especially?) if it went against village custom, tradition and rule. I think you were bored not having enough enemies and let that get the better of your judgment. And if you remember, you and I were inducted the same night (me first, then you about 1 hour later, so ha!) but from the first minute you felt you could tell people what to do or how the village should be. I am pretty sure I am just as knowledgeable about the village as you, but I at least let my new entrants take the time to get to know the things I have them know.

Zhelrantix: I liked, but thought you weren't quite as up on some villager things as you might be. Maybe it's your first villager. Either way though that paled in comparison to your staunch readiness to fight the war, and do what was necessary. You got a thumbs up in my book.

Zylundak: Saw you maybe five times my whole life. Sabiene inducted me. Never even spoke to you. What's worse, you never spoke to me. I've had cabal leaders before and I know that sometimes imms induct, but when they did I almost always made a point to at least talk to the imm-inducted people. How can you lead people you don't even know? I saw you fight maybe once or twice and it seemed competent to me, but I really cannot judge one way or the other. I assume those who saw you more, and placed you in command, knew what they were doing. And others speak highly of you, so I will accept. I also highly respect you stepping down when your time no longer made you a good leader. So many people fail to do that, so you got big points from me in that regard.

Oh, one non-villager:

Zaklotel: I have no idea why you started this little war with me, but you were just an idiot to do it. Maybe you forgot, but we first met when you were level 41, sitting in Seantryn, and I was level 34, practicing riposte, flurry, double thrust, etc. We chatted a bit, and I helped you chase a criminal. We talked about levelling together when you were off duty. Then, two weeks later, you just up and attack me. You die. You attack me again. You die. I didn't loot you the first time (took some weapons, that was it), but you charged back. Even when I told you not to. When I asked why you were all of a sudden attacking me, you gave me some #### about being angry at villagers for looting you. As though that made sense to now attack someone who was your friend the last time you spoke. And Correllia was orderly, as you knew from judging her weeks before. I thought your roleplay was horrible, your fighting horrible, and pretty much everything else horrible. That you became a Justiciar the same time Oblain became Vindicator, when he'd spent several hundred hours and you spent what, 150? tops? and you being, in my opinion a pretty poor example of a tribunal, was an egregious error.

I'm tired of typing. As I said, I'll answer all comers, good or bad.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Sabiene, 17-Dec-03 06:40 PM, #16
Reply Why was my post deleted? n/t, Correllia (Guest), 20-Dec-03 11:53 AM, #17
     Reply Flame-y., Valguarnera, 20-Dec-03 03:26 PM, #18
          Reply Uh, you are a better reader than that., Correllia (Guest), 20-Dec-03 04:05 PM, #20
               Reply RE: My reading skills., Valguarnera, 20-Dec-03 09:25 PM, #19
               Reply Should have just send an email, Narissa, 21-Dec-03 12:27 AM, #21
Reply After reading the log, Cathoir, 17-Dec-03 04:51 PM, #15
Reply Goodbye, Oblain (Guest), 16-Dec-03 10:05 PM, #13
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Kalageadon, 16-Dec-03 07:20 PM, #12
Reply heh, permanewbie, 16-Dec-03 06:52 PM, #11
Reply I liked what little I saw, Juktar (Guest), 16-Dec-03 05:40 PM, #9
Reply I am sorry I forgot you., Correllia (Guest), 16-Dec-03 05:49 PM, #10
Reply My view., Krivohan, 16-Dec-03 03:20 PM, #7
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Fahnrore, 16-Dec-03 03:53 AM, #4
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Sardinthal (Guest), 16-Dec-03 03:11 AM, #3
Reply Thank you., Correllia (Guest), 16-Dec-03 02:03 PM, #5
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Thatguy, 16-Dec-03 01:07 AM, #2
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Correllia (Guest), 16-Dec-03 02:06 PM, #6
Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Riathiliano (Guest), 15-Dec-03 11:28 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Sharidum (Guest), 16-Dec-03 03:31 PM, #8
          Reply RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..., Unamed (Guest), 16-Dec-03 10:31 PM, #14

SabieneSat 20-Dec-03 12:00 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22859, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #0

I don't really feel a need to defend myself as so many others have done an admirable job of handling this for me. What I would like to say to you is that you had more than your fair share of chances (remember the Drunsthol incident? I do) when it comes to the topic of your "interactions" with the divine. Nor did you have to delete, that was your own call. As your own log noted, I told you afterwards you could earn your hut back. Honestly, your attitude was a killer! Nothing quite defeats a villager like themselves, in my experience.

By the way, I didn't know you were Graatch or Darmok until after you deleted. Not that it would have affected my opinion of you, if you were wondering.

- Sabs

Correllia (Guest)Sat 20-Dec-03 11:53 AM

#22960, "Why was my post deleted? n/t"
In response to Reply #16

n/t

ValguarneraSat 20-Dec-03 03:26 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22964, "Flame-y."
In response to Reply #17

Well over the line. Please take the "Everyone is out to get me!" act elsewhere, and knock off the flamefests.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Correllia (Guest)Sat 20-Dec-03 09:25 PM

#22965, "Uh, you are a better reader than that."
In response to Reply #18

I specifically wrote I assumed she did not know who I was. The entire post described why what she did was wrong and what she should have done.

Reread it and repost it, please.

ValguarneraSat 20-Dec-03 09:25 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22968, "RE: My reading skills."
In response to Reply #20

I didn't save the post. Not that I'd have any interest in seeing that reposted.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

NarissaSun 21-Dec-03 11:39 AM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22970, "Should have just send an email"
In response to Reply #20

...to the Imms in particular like Sabiene and Beroxxus, and cc. to the IMPs too. Shouldn' be on the the public board.

CathoirWed 17-Dec-03 04:51 PM
Member since 10th Nov 2003
34 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22851, "After reading the log"
In response to Reply #0

I'd have started praying to Berroxus and tell him to drop any ic behavior cause it's pointless. There's no point in continuing any semblance of RP there because theoretically in the world of cf the gods of battleragers should have swooped in once him or his zombie rolled up into the shrine. Dying outside while insulting him, however, was all on you. Accusing him of telling lowbies to come loot your corpse reminded me of that unicorn pendant log. Also, for the love of god, your int was clearly 23 for practicing skills so don't ####ing talk like a caveman when the descriptive adjective contains the word genius. You really want to stick by that then leave your int at 15 or something.

Oblain (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-03 10:05 PM

#22814, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

Took me a while to understand what was going on between you and Zaklotel. I guess that is how war starts, either by a villagers loudmouthing a tribunal or a tribunal blindly charging a villager.
We didn't fight much, but I knew for most that you were really skilled through others who fought. Odd that even though at a proxy war we never got to fight and I didn't like that accent (it reflected chaos and I was irked by all embodiments of disorder)... thus I didn't reposnd to your query that one time.
Sorry to see you end this way. I'll abstain from commenting on the log you posted. I just hope you can overcome it and start all over again... Good luck.

KalageadonTue 16-Dec-03 07:20 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1041 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22809, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #0

I appriceate the trust you give in others whom have spoken of me truely
I dont know where to begin. I herd quiet a few good and bad things of
your char and I used my council very efficently when it came to watching
other villagers so you can understand why I could lead without seeing
everything is because I blieve in my council. I am a pretty quiet char
near completly self releyant I advanced to hero alone just as you had
with one of your formers. I want you to know I didn't object to you
disagreeing with Beroxxus or disliking him I truthfully ic dont because
of what he did to Sardinthal and some of my other brothers, but I speak
to him with respect as a greater. And I really didn't like the way
neither you or Kack spoke to me respectfully left a bad taste in my
mouth as a side bar. For those reasons you were wrong, I aint saying
its wrong to dislike the lord, or to think he is an ass, it is wrong
however as a villager to disrespect him and disrespect me.
As a side I also dont claim to be a great person but ic my char is an
elder.
Other than that I would still welcome you back because its always great
to have brothers or sisters that are nothing like me yet share the
common bond it is a wonderfull feeling in my opinion.
Darktears

and if you would like to speak further send me an e-mail
Kalageadon12@excite.com their is a few things that you didn't see in
your log that I could inform you of.

permanewbieTue 16-Dec-03 06:52 PM
349 posts
#22807, "heh"
In response to Reply #0

Kudos for sticking to your guns, like others said.

But. ....

It was clear you were working off of a defenition of "respect" that somewhat included only one line... "Truth = respect".

That's all fine and dandy. If that is your role...you stuck within that role very well....and you have a right to make whatever role you want.

My only beef...is how you took it ooc.

You refused to acknowledge that for the VAST majority of people...the defenition of "showing respect" is a bit more complex than the way your character viewed it. Many people include an element of "tact" or the idea of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" in the idea of respect.

What I think you refused to acknowledge in your post on that other forum....was that while it was OK for your character to have an "other than normal" definition of respect and thus act accordingly....it SHOULD have been OK for other characters to have a defenition of respect that was more in line with the accepted defenition....and for them to act accordingly.

Just because your role and your character's defenition of respect was INTERNALLY consistent. That does not mean all other characters need to bow down to that defenition and use it as their own.

It's obvious Sabiene and the retired commander (the characters)had different defenitions of respect than your character did.

So, while you acted internally consistent, that did not meant your internal consistency was consistent with THEIR ideas of what respect meant.

And because Sabiene is an Imm of the Village....it is that characters RIGHT to define respect how Sabiene thinks respect should be defined. She should not be forced to use YOUR version of respect.

I see this situation as similar to the "What is good, and what is evil" debate.

The imms have said that good and evil in Thera are not just ideas...but can be seen as absolutes...

That way....sure...you can play someone who THINKS they are doing good .....but if what they think is doing good includes murdering babies and raping cows....their alignment won't stay "good" for long...and he will be turned evil (or at least neutral).

It's fine for that character to BELIEVE he is doing the good thing. But a game such as this needs less malleable definitions for ideas such as good and evil (and respect) than if every single characters INTERNAL definitions were all seen as universally valid.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Juktar (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-03 05:40 PM

#22805, "I liked what little I saw"
In response to Reply #0

Unfortunate I died before we could interact at the higher levels together, but from our first interview to our other sporadic passing bys, I thought you did well - stubborn from the first day we met to your last (as seen in the log on the other board). Not to say that's bad. Like Sardinthal said, you stuck to your beliefs despite what others thought or how others viewed things and that I respected.

Correllia (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-03 05:49 PM

#22806, "I am sorry I forgot you."
In response to Reply #9

You were one of the villagers Correllia really respected (as did I the player) and of course it started off just horribly. I couldn't believe your test and it just sounded stupid. So I said so. But I still started to do it until you called me back. Then I was just pissed that you wouldn't talk to me so I had to keep pestering you. And with the inability to speak long sentences using prepositions for the most part, it was not easy.

Luckily you got so annoyed at hearing from that you caved and talked to me.

I liked your style and thought pretty much everything you did was right in line with villager behavior. I especially liked how you took time to talk about scout issues with another scout, me.

KrivohanTue 16-Dec-03 03:20 PM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22802, "My view."
In response to Reply #0

After reading the log, yes, it looked like you were put in a bad spot. The point you seem to over look though is that it was your rp that put you in that position, just like Beroxxus's put him in his. Don't whine and cry after teh fact that you were ####ed over. If it was really you're rp angle then why roll over and play dead after getting the boot? Why not come back for more and show them what they had lost?

FahnroreTue 16-Dec-03 03:53 AM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22796, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #0

"Reminds me of that storm maran warrior whose name escapes me (he was a maran when Aemelius was inducted) who always would just charge in and die."

He he...good times...

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

Sardinthal (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-03 03:11 AM

#22793, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #0

You impressed the hell out of me. I remember our interview when we disagreed on the most important thing in battle. Most applicants would have just accepted what I said, but not you. You stuck to your guns and fought me tooth and nail. You ALWAYS kept your roleplay up and I was one of the ones that tried to steer you away from swords/daggers and you proved me wrong there. One of the best thought out and played characters I've ever played with. Now, To be truthful, I think that you were put in a bad situation to start with, but I have to agree with everything that happened in the Log. You did break a rule of the Village. That being said, I think you played your character EXACTLY as you should have. Cor wouldn't even back down from a Scion God in the Village. Though you may be unhappy with the ending of your character, you should feel proud. You roleplayed her perfectly all the way to the end. Exactly as I seen her at least. I'm gonna miss you because you were a breath of fresh air as a unique character. And you were a damn strong Villager. Hope this doesn't sour you, because I look forward to playing with more our your characters. Once again, WELL DONE! You were one of my favorites.

Correllia (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-03 02:03 PM

#22799, "Thank you."
In response to Reply #3

That is kind of you to say. Near the end I did get worried that you would be annoyed that I asked for help to go get the hooked swords. Correllia was very much a loner type (with rare exceptions, like hanging out with Thrak) and didn't like to have to ask for help getting things, but she couldn't get those damn swords herself without a serious time investment. It seems you weren't upset and so I'm glad.

I hope you get your "memories" back.

ThatguyTue 16-Dec-03 01:06 AM
Member since 10th Dec 2003
14 posts
#22788, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 16-Dec-03 01:07 AM

What can I say ? I'm not even going to say who I am. Your character was devillishly well played, you spent a decent time on your skills, a few times perhaps you were over zealous in pk. I'm shaking my head in ####ing dismay having read the log you posted. I know the character was strong minded, and had strong judgements. However the argument you had was silly, I dont care what any one else says, You really screwed the pooch on that one.

I think you played a good rager, and seemed so sorted on all the philosphy it beggars belief that something so simple would trip you up.

Sorry

Correllia (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-03 02:06 PM

#22800, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #2

Well thanks, I guess. I can make a guess as to who you played but only a guess. If you want privacy you can email me at loborguz@hotmail.com.

Either way, I'm glad our interactions appeared favorable.

Riathiliano (Guest)Mon 15-Dec-03 11:28 PM

#22783, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked your char. Headstrong, stubborn, ignorant at times. Stuck to her guns and refused to see the other side of the coin. Well done. I'm not sure if we ever got to fight? More of a stand offish relationship.

Sharidum (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-03 03:31 PM

#22803, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #1

well are you gonna loose your mind when I delete as I have told others seems allot of my char's play alike I guess oh well I dont care, but honestly I personaly have been playin going on 7 years and I also think it is a game so I slip up every once in awhile but your balls to the wall style was great you where like, oh so you wanna attack my minotuar with three people do you, well how do you like a arial jumping in and beating the snot out of you, you always played the brotherhood(sister) well, you where always willing to do what needed to be and help at anytime though you asked for no help for yourself well keep on trucking

Unamed (Guest)Tue 16-Dec-03 10:31 PM

#22815, "RE: (####ed Over)[None] Correllia the Weaponsmistress, ..."
In response to Reply #8

yeah three or one, whats the difference if they are already wounded.

Annoying villager, not bad, but simply annoying, the speech killed me, especially cause you notes were so well conversational.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22781 Previous topic | Next topic