Subject: "(RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of Scion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21889
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 25-Oct-03 02:32 AM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21889, "(RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of Scion"

Sat Oct 25 2:30:37 2003

Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of Scion was put to rest.

Race:lich
Class:Necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:723
PK Ratio:88% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Lazoris (Guest), 03-Nov-03 09:21 AM, #32
Reply To the Imm staff, Ghuljun, 01-Nov-03 08:24 AM, #31
Reply Great Character., Shadowmaster, 30-Oct-03 01:14 PM, #22
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Choranek (Anonymous), 30-Oct-03 09:59 AM, #21
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Fahnrore, 29-Oct-03 08:57 PM, #20
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Erenthell (Guest), 29-Oct-03 07:46 AM, #13
Reply From my talks with him..., Siorgriend, 29-Oct-03 10:28 AM, #14
     Reply RE: From my talks with him..., Ghuljun, 29-Oct-03 12:59 PM, #15
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Ghuljun, 27-Oct-03 09:33 AM, #4
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., DeadTronan (Guest), 27-Oct-03 11:51 AM, #5
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Blachmianan, 27-Oct-03 12:14 PM, #6
Reply You are a good ally, but not quite a friend..., Nivek1, 27-Oct-03 05:40 PM, #7
Reply RE: You are a good ally, but not quite a friend..., Ghuljun, 30-Oct-03 07:12 PM, #24
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Navarro (Guest), 27-Oct-03 06:38 PM, #8
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Ghuljun, 28-Oct-03 06:10 PM, #10
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Vorondel (Guest), 27-Oct-03 06:44 PM, #9
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Farnsworth (Guest), 29-Oct-03 01:30 PM, #16
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Ghuljun, 30-Oct-03 07:15 PM, #25
Reply We had some fun ones.., Lariya (Guest), 29-Oct-03 02:29 PM, #17
Reply RE: We had some fun ones.., Ghuljun, 29-Oct-03 07:07 PM, #19
Reply Farewell, Astillian, 29-Oct-03 02:52 PM, #18
Reply Well played, kas, 30-Oct-03 01:50 PM, #23
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Raven (Guest), 31-Oct-03 09:06 AM, #26
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Nycoe (Guest), 31-Oct-03 06:42 PM, #27
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Ghuljun, 31-Oct-03 08:16 PM, #28
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Urden, 31-Oct-03 10:00 PM, #29
     Reply fighting dieing and killing, Ghuljun, 01-Nov-03 08:16 AM, #30
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Gippliff (Guest), 27-Oct-03 04:25 AM, #3
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Zharaluzar (Guest), 26-Oct-03 06:28 AM, #2
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Ghuljun, 28-Oct-03 06:13 PM, #11
Reply OH GOD! NO! As Sakard..., Beer, 28-Oct-03 08:24 PM, #12
Reply RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..., Tardern (Guest), 25-Oct-03 09:24 PM, #1

Lazoris (Guest)Mon 03-Nov-03 09:21 AM

#22122, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #0

Ghuljun,

first, let me start by apologizing for never following up on our talks.

but, I just gotta know... where did that damn hairline come from?

GhuljunSat 01-Nov-03 08:24 AM
Member since 11th Sep 2003
51 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22093, "To the Imm staff"
In response to Reply #0

I cannot believe I forgot to write this before, but I offer my deepest thanks for creating and running this game. It has provided me with years of fun. I had hoped to contribute to the world as it is a community but it just didnt work out that way, sorry to have wasted your collective time by becoming an imm and not doing anything with it. I always said I wanted to finish this game by making a lich becoming an Imm writing an area and finish with a religion, time just did not allow for it all to happen.

ShadowmasterThu 30-Oct-03 01:14 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22027, "Great Character."
In response to Reply #0

Loved the few times we travelled when I played Uhlath, and I started to get an idea of what you could and couldn't do. Our interactions were always good even though Uhlath was a "lich-lackey" in that he was sphere Death and idolized Ghuljun as an avatar of the unliving. I really hope you'll be back, not caring or knowing who else you played, but I really enjoyed Ghuljun. Best of luck.

Choranek (inactive user)Thu 30-Oct-03 09:59 AM
Charter member
#22022, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #0

Well as a mort I fought against you with Lruthlor, and had one of the most epic fights against you and a horde in the Fortress. Like others I was always impressed and what you were able to achieve with no undead.
You are the type of player that brings everyone else around you, both enemies and allies up a notch.
Hope you find a way back at some point.

Good luck

FahnroreWed 29-Oct-03 08:57 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#22015, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, you rocked. I had mad respect for you for not using zombies. Hard as hell, but you were very well skilled. Yeah, a maran would be your worst enemy. You were really slippery. Could never get you by myself. Was funny seeing you die twice though. Those boots of electricity can get ya! Anywho, I loved your character. Well done.

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

Erenthell (Guest)Wed 29-Oct-03 07:46 AM

#21997, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #0

You were a good foe. Maybe you could shed some light on why you never had zombies?

SiorgriendWed 29-Oct-03 10:28 AM
Member since 09th Mar 2003
11 posts
#21999, "From my talks with him..."
In response to Reply #13

He was a sphere death follower of Intronan and considered using zombies disrespectful to death.

GhuljunWed 29-Oct-03 12:59 PM
51 posts
#22004, "RE: From my talks with him..."
In response to Reply #14

Close, I was sphere time. You are correct however on the reason for no undead.

GhuljunMon 27-Oct-03 09:33 AM
51 posts
#21936, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #0

So much to say. . .to much perhaps. If anyone has any questions or comments concerning Ghuljun Ill try to respond to them. RL and other things have driven me from cf and I do not plan to return. Intronan, without you I wouldnt have had the most fun Ive ever had in six + years of play, Thank you. There are so many more that contributed to my fun, I will sit down and try to acknowledge those who I interacted with. On being a lich I highly recomend it.

DeadTronan (Guest)Mon 27-Oct-03 11:51 AM

#21941, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #4

Your character was fantastic. In pretty much every facet of the game. What impressed me most, was that I kicked off, and you just kept pluggin away, and kept my religion going. Sorry it didn't work out upstairs, I'm sure you had reasons, we all have reasons. I knew time would be an issue with you, it's a shame. I used to watch you hunt a good bit... and you did it in a way that was absolutely perfect for a Raven... patient, cautious, often fearless, but never in a stupid way. Great job man.

Inty

BlachmiananMon 27-Oct-03 12:14 PM
Member since 16th Jul 2003
36 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21943, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #4

As a mortal, I didn't fear you, but I did respect you. I actually looked forward to fighting you just to see if I could keep you occupied long enough for someone to actually kill you. Being an Imm and staying an Imm is not as easy as one would think. Very few actually get it done and with the high amount of heroimms about, it is not going to get any easier. I think you would have what it takes to make it if it were in the cards. Hopefully, things will work out for you and you will be able to take up CF as a source of entertainment again.

Nivek1Mon 27-Oct-03 05:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
655 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#21944, "You are a good ally, but not quite a friend..."
In response to Reply #4

I enjoyed our interactions. I knew that if I could appease a potentially powerful ally that some good would come of it. Glad I could help you out.

Dafeb

GhuljunThu 30-Oct-03 07:12 PM
51 posts
#22038, "RE: You are a good ally, but not quite a friend..."
In response to Reply #7

We did have a strange relationship, I very nearly attacked you a few times. Just when I thought I wanted some of your stuff and saw little if any reason not to attack, you would provide me with information that I found very useful. I like relationships like the one we had, not friends but there is some sort of understanding.

Navarro (Guest)Mon 27-Oct-03 06:38 PM

#21946, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #4

Loved your char, did everything i could to try and help you out because you were at such a disadvantage. Broke my heart to kill you, if only you'd of took me up on my offer.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.

GhuljunTue 28-Oct-03 06:10 PM
51 posts
#21977, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #8

I thought we had some sort of thing going on beyond the cabal stuff, I knew what you wanted but it just wouldnt have been for me. When you attacked me I was very surprised. I thought the events that led up to the attack were just going to make our interactions that much more secretive, needless to say I was wrong. Even with how things ended I liked Navarro as a character just wish we could found a more interesting route.

Vorondel (Guest)Mon 27-Oct-03 06:44 PM

#21947, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #4

Wow, good job. Even though we *never* interacted, I could feel that you embodied everything that makes a scion, at least to my mind. I always had the impression that you were wandering/teleporting about, going to distant places in search of magic, prophecy and lore related to the Eternal Night and your other dark beliefs. You did not seem to care much about "obvious" power but rather you seemed to focus on more subtle ways, shrouding all your actions in secrecy. You were always alone, seemingly not caring for the fact that we were like 8 fortress members online.

I had incredible luck against you, I think you never once landed a sleep on me in like 30 attempts

Good luck with your next,

Vor

Farnsworth (Guest)Wed 29-Oct-03 01:30 PM

#22006, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #4

I liked Ghuljun a lot, especially talking to him as a young necromancer when I was Farnsworth and voice of the raven. You became a super follower of Intronan - in my opinion - even though ghuljun and I had a few unpleasant conversations when I was Aemelius. Great job though and a shame you have to leave. Good luck.

-Graatch

GhuljunThu 30-Oct-03 07:15 PM
51 posts
#22039, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #16

Farnsworth was a top notch character, that time with Aemelius was the closest I ever came to falling out of character. I was so angry, the blue screen of death got me and then the horde of the fortress got me afterwards.

Lariya (Guest)Wed 29-Oct-03 02:29 PM

#22011, "We had some fun ones.."
In response to Reply #4

You could really tear the Fort a new one a lot of the time, and because of that role thing, you never once used any undead pets, and it didn't seem to phase you much at all. I'd hear people chatter up on cb about getting slept...and a few moments later dying somehow. I managed to keep myself fairly well prepared while fighting you, but you just needed to catch me with my pants down and I would have been a goner like the others. Anyways, good fights, though we never did kill each other I don't think.

GhuljunWed 29-Oct-03 07:07 PM
51 posts
#22014, "RE: We had some fun ones.."
In response to Reply #17

Ive got to say I hated fighting maran warriors or paladins the most, that fiery eye thing. At first I was seriously surprised at how tough you were {seeing as you were an elf two-handed paladin}, and it never got any easier. You were a strong foe to be sure.

AstillianWed 29-Oct-03 02:52 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#22012, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #4

I had much respect for you when I was Eluna. I knew I'd never actually kill you because you were sneaky and the odds of me dying were pretty good but I just kept going at you. I take it as some pride that you'd actually have to use some phlyacteries before fighting me. I still can't believe how #### ass lucky you got when you log in right when I was going to quit out on the very same square and came back and slept me.

I like the little talks we had but there was no real reason to sit down and have a civilized conversation which I wish could have happened because you were really interesting.

I hope you eventually do make it back sometime, you made this game better.

kasThu 30-Oct-03 01:50 PM
Member since 20th Oct 2003
52 posts
#22029, "Well played"
In response to Reply #4

First off again like the subject Well Played man. I don't know how it happens either but lich's allways seem to induct my Scions heh. I loved talking with you, and felt despite what a lot of people where vocal about you where indeed a good lich. I fought against you and with you, both times you impressed me. Yeah you did do flee sleep tactics, and? I recall you still killing people. I didn't think of you like a typical necromancer though, I felt that it was alot smarter to fight you as if you where an Anti-Paladin. You also for some reason knew how to use esays(unlike most of the mudders I feel) and you where someone to be feared at times, other times I did put up a good fight. Again I'd like to say well played and hope you come back.

Raven (Guest)Fri 31-Oct-03 09:06 AM

#22068, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #4

Knew you with Ulvhamn, but you were out of range as spectre at that time. We spoke some though since we met at our lords shrine.
Then we met again when i played Morrilion. It was in my role to aid any human and you were sort of human still even as lich. We slayed some together, Lich and ram were quite nasty. To bad Talias demon messed up for us when we had the whole fortress on the knees at the chasm that time. We had some sort of unspoken understanding...

Nycoe (Guest)Fri 31-Oct-03 06:42 PM

#22083, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #4

You must of hate me so much for stealing all those phylacteries. Luckily , I didn't pick you container for all those lich quest items eh? I seem to always find going to Arboria. After liching and became a little strong, I got a little idea on my head. I called up Poti to go try to see if we can perma-lag a lich using push on eastern. Unfortunately, that idea did not go so well. We both got slept, but none die. I go home for the summer and you seem to become a lot stronger. Whenever I log on, you seem to be avoiding me as much as possible. I think you did one hell of a job being a lich. Good luck with RL.

GhuljunFri 31-Oct-03 08:16 PM
51 posts
#22084, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #27

It was annoying at times but not that big of a deal about the stealing, however it was those times you stole from me and I noticed that I was able to fog you out and kill you. So it was a decent trade in my mind, I had to get you back for those cheapshot permalags when I was mortal. That time on eastern, I do recall. . .I think the reason you both survived was a few people appeared on eastern, either fortress or village either way I just recall thinking it was time to go.

UrdenFri 31-Oct-03 10:00 PM
97 posts
#22085, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #4

I knew you with several characters, and I thought you did a good job
playing a lich. There were always people knocking you, saying that you
couldn't stand up in a fight and so forth, but I didn't see you dying
a ton, which meant that you were smart enough to pick your fights
pretty well. Overall it was an excellent character. Too bad that Scions
lost their hero Imm though.

Whatever those "RL and other things" are, I'd still like to know if and
when you ever decide to return.

Bizarro I'm helping!

GhuljunSat 01-Nov-03 08:16 AM
51 posts
#22092, "fighting dieing and killing"
In response to Reply #29

In regards to my not standing up in fights,I think I knew my limitations fairly well and fought within them. Not that this matters much but I did Imm with 200 + somthing kills and Im not sure how many deaths but my ratio was 90% the math is easy, but Its early and I dont care that much to figure it out.

Gippliff (Guest)Mon 27-Oct-03 04:25 AM

#21934, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #0

Glad I could help you with your lich quest, the item I gave you was a gift. I hope you remember. I felt bad when I couldn't stay around for you to repay me for my help, but oh well thats the way it goes in the fields. From what I saw I was envious, If I only had the cajones to pull off the things you did, great job.

Gippliff Herald of the Internal Star

Zharaluzar (Guest)Sun 26-Oct-03 06:28 AM

#21914, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #0

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Man dont delete on me, i had plans... *sigh* Damn i liked you, dont know why i liked you that much, but somehow i just wanted you to be successfull, one way or another... I showed you things i NEVER wanted to share with any others, i did my best to interact with you ect..

Boy this sucks!

Take care, and good luck with what ever your doing now!

/Zharaluzar DorArzar, Voice of the Raven

GhuljunTue 28-Oct-03 06:13 PM
51 posts
#21978, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #2

You did show me things in the game I never even knew existed before, for that I must thank you. I had to delete though, I just dont have the time or energy to devote to cf anymore as a mortal or immortal.

BeerTue 28-Oct-03 08:24 PM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21981, "OH GOD! NO! As Sakard..."
In response to Reply #2

I befriended you...remember that trip that ended up most of us throwing each other from the cliff...Then we were told to no longer be allied with Scions and we fought...OH WE FOUGHT! I even thought I would have one that day in Gehenna...but then I lost...and got fulled

Yea, was always fun to be a friend and an enemy of you...Good job!

Tardern (Guest)Sat 25-Oct-03 09:24 PM

#21900, "RE: (RAGE) Ghuljun Thul the Dark Raven, Chancellor of S..."
In response to Reply #0

I new you with Tardern the arial warrior, and pescipturian the arial shaman, both tribunals. I can remember switching off with kills at Kiadana with my group helping you to get your final ranks, as well some of the nasties ive seen you accomplish. You are the first lich I could ever interact with albeit not that much, but for what its worth, especially being a last intronan follower since as a player I have held Intronan higher as an Imm for his interactions and ways, I had a deep rescpect and seemingly envy for you, Was a pleasure man and was cool to log in ages later with someone totally new and see you still running around runnin things. Good impact, good rp, nothing else to be said. Thanks man.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21889 Previous topic | Next topic