Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Nampnotble the Grand Master of Change..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21487
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 27-Sep-03 02:44 PM
Member since 17th May 2024
16856 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21487, "(CON LOSS) [None] Nampnotble the Grand Master of Changelings"

Sat Sep 27 14:41:04 2003

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Nampnotble perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:376
PK Ratio:34% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Awww... soo sad..., Lothlorianae (Guest), 28-Sep-03 11:49 AM, #9
Reply Second favorite? nt, Vladamir, 28-Sep-03 08:55 PM, #11
     Reply I can't forget my bearded sister! n/t, Lothlorianae (Guest), 28-Sep-03 09:01 PM, #12
          Reply Is that some sort of vaginal reference? n/t, Vladamir, 28-Sep-03 09:28 PM, #13
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nampnotble the Grand Master of Ch..., Lakina (Guest), 28-Sep-03 03:32 AM, #7
Reply Heh I remember that too., Vladamir, 28-Sep-03 03:46 AM, #8
     Reply That just painted a funny picture in my head, Kravidian- (Guest), 28-Sep-03 02:10 PM, #10
Reply Perspective again., Urgarg (Guest), 28-Sep-03 12:02 AM, #5
Reply Thanks, I always respected you., Vladamir, 28-Sep-03 12:12 AM, #6
Reply Well hell, that was fun., Vladamir, 27-Sep-03 03:57 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Well hell, that was fun., Codus (Guest), 27-Sep-03 04:23 PM, #2
     Reply DOPUS!!, Vladamir, 27-Sep-03 04:37 PM, #3
          Reply RE: DOPUS!!, Codus (Guest), 27-Sep-03 04:41 PM, #4
     Reply I'll bet it was that damn dagger..., Quezzumpliet, 29-Sep-03 12:00 AM, #14
     Reply God-Boss!!, Vladamir, 29-Sep-03 02:03 AM, #16
          Reply RE: God-Boss!!, Kucerael (Guest), 29-Sep-03 01:31 PM, #18
               Reply Begone woman! I said my goodbies to you! ;), Vladamir, 29-Sep-03 02:03 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Well hell, that was fun., Sheilica (Guest), 29-Sep-03 01:45 AM, #15
     Reply Yeah that last visit was funny..., Vladamir, 29-Sep-03 02:04 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Well hell, that was fun., Folorad, 29-Sep-03 03:34 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Well hell, that was fun., Vladamir, 30-Sep-03 02:39 AM, #21

Lothlorianae (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-03 11:49 AM

#21513, "Awww... soo sad..."
In response to Reply #0

*sniff* My second favorite gnome is gone. Now what am I going to do? I can't have ya fly around and get me pretty things anymore... I definatly had good times having you to tell me... come on and sleep this or something like that.

*sniff* *pout*

VladamirSun 28-Sep-03 08:55 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#21517, "Second favorite? nt"
In response to Reply #9

nt

Lothlorianae (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-03 09:01 PM

#21518, "I can't forget my bearded sister! n/t"
In response to Reply #11

n/t

VladamirSun 28-Sep-03 09:28 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#21520, "Is that some sort of vaginal reference? n/t"
In response to Reply #12

nt

Lakina (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-03 03:32 AM

#21510, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Nampnotble the Grand Master of Ch..."
In response to Reply #0

I remember we were ranking in Aridhol. We both
had the same rank at that time and we were both
about to get our final major form. I remember you
saying if you got the jaguar you would .... but
then you got the lion.. and ofcourse a few kills
later "I" got the jaguar form. *bleh*

Still, I liked that form for as long as I played with
it. You were a lot of fun as Lakina remembers you, and
I hope you'll get lucky with yer next character *wink*.

*tag Nampnotble* *cast 'word of recall'* *snicker* quit

VladamirSun 28-Sep-03 03:45 AM
1179 posts
#21511, "Heh I remember that too."
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Sun 28-Sep-03 03:46 AM

I kept saying "If I learn to become a jaguar, I am taking my own life, here, now on the spot" and I meant it. I felt really bad when, 30 seconds later....BAM, you're a jag. You seemed pretty despondant when we were fighting after that, and I felt like I had robbed you of some of the joy of your character. I felt bad about that, because jag, while really sucky, in and of itself isn't what would have bothered me. I could have worked with it. It's just I had gotten it 5 times in a row with offense shifters, and I had no desire to be stuck with the same form again. This is one of the things I dislike about shifters. Warriors you can roll up and CHOOSE endless combinations of legacies/specs and come out with a wholly different outcome OF YOUR OWN CHOOSING. Shifters it's pot luck. Sure I know you can choose your foci, but 5 jags in a row? Blegh.

Kravidian- (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-03 02:10 PM

#21515, "That just painted a funny picture in my head"
In response to Reply #8

5 Jags in a row?

<100hp 100mn 100mv> shapeshift jaguar
The edges of your body stretch as you become a sleek looking speedster.

<100hp 100mn 100mv> rampage
You may not do that where there are no stalls or pedestrians.

<100hp 100mn 100mv> e
The Farmer's Market

<Exits: n e s w>
A pedestrian is here, buying a taco!
A pedestrian is here, purchasing some vegetables.
A pedestrian is here, purchasing some vegetables.
A pedestrian is here, browsing the market.

<100hp 100mn 100mv> rampage
An elderly man gets behind the wheel and puts his foot to the floor.

<100hp 100mn 100mv> While adjusting his glasses, he accidentally bumps the steering wheel and turns the car towards the pedestrians.

<100hp 100mn 100mv> The elderly man panics, and tries to step on the brakes. He steps on the gas instead, and...
Your elderly rampage >>> ANNIHILATES <<< a pedestrian.
You hear a pedestrian's death cry.

Ok, got a little carried away. A jag had nothing to do w/ the
incident in Santa Monica. =)

- Kravidian

Urgarg (Guest)Sun 28-Sep-03 12:02 AM

#21502, "Perspective again."
In response to Reply #0

I'll first say I didn't have any problems with you in char or out. We encountered each other a few times when you were young and a few solo fights later but nothing worth mentioning. Our one encounter that posed discussion was a botched attack of you and the healer that you posted where it turned into a three on two. Seeing your hours it brings me back to my earlier comments about perspective. I was heroed when you were starting I think yet you deleted with near 100 more hours than I have. That, to me, just clues me into just how much free time some people have to play and the differing characters they meet outside my playtimes. Your chance for bad interactions with Namp just appears to be magnitudes greater than mine. I play 1-2 hours a session 3-4 times a week on a good week and nearly all the same hours. Only twice in my hours have I heard of a bad incident with villagers ganging and one of those falls on my shoulders if our last fight would fall into that catagory. Vlad I just hate you ended up with this impression of the villagers for in my eyes I have seen nothing but a damned good group of guys to play with who havent caused any such problems. The one thing I will say I liked about Namp was the fact he didn't seem to abandon the rift, his beliefs, or fade away like so many others did. Good luck on your next.

VladamirSun 28-Sep-03 12:12 AM
1179 posts
#21503, "Thanks, I always respected you."
In response to Reply #5

I always tried to face you on even footing, mano-a-mano, when possible. We had some really good exchanges. Yeah, my free time right now is really only limited by my scheduled depositions, doctors visits, mediation hearings, and own ability to stay up for hours upon hours. Since the things that actually require me to go out take up perhaps a whopping 2-4 hours of my week, the whole rest of the time I can spend plodding around the 'fields. I'll share my own observations with you.

The villagers, almost as a whole, seem to perform MUCH better, and to a higher standard of RP when some sort of village figurehead is around. The commander, general or some really well known and respected hero who could make trouble if they decided to speak bad about someone in the village. The quality and consistency of the courage and RP of the villagers honestly can be measured by who is higher than them and online. With no authority around, they gravitate quickly towards ganging, selective logging (This still tends to happen even when the higher ups are on, and in fact one of them has been known to do it himself) and in some cases travel with non magic using people who are popping pills and quaffing potions left and right, all while grouped with a villager. I used to see the same sort of #### each time I've been in the village, and it just seems like a recurring problem.

VladamirSat 27-Sep-03 03:36 PM
1179 posts
#21488, "Well hell, that was fun."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 27-Sep-03 03:57 PM

Well ####, what a ride this was. This character was a blast from tbe beginning, and stayed fun most of the way through his life. This was kind of a continuation of Eselfleck, a character I had fun with but let delete because of RL things. So I wanted another gnome off/air shifter Nexan who had a chip on his shoulder and a problem with the "talls" of the world. Namp had way more personality than Eselfleck though, not to mention got much better forms. When I rolled this character, I swore on everything I hold dear, if I got the jaguar I was deleting on the spot. I meant it. I flat out refused to play yet another goddamned jaguar. 6 in a row would have been too many. Fortunately I got lion, and did a little dance. Getting the osprey was a big bonus for the time I was in the Rift. It was fun to pick off Ragers running from raids gone bad by diving at them out of nowhere all along the river. Along the way Namp made a lot of friends, a lot of enemies, and handed out more eq out of boredom than anyone I've played since Esmi. To the people who complain about flyto/murder, suck a ####. If I could count the number of times I was jacked between the flyto and the murder, I'd be a rich man.

Farewells.

Imms.

Arvam. I didn't see much of you. I kept going by and leaving glasses of milk for you in the shrine, but that was about it.

I can't rightly say any other imms had much impact on the character. There was a whole RP angle thrown in that Amadalie and I and Nazira had going, but for it to have come through a certain imm would have had to be around more than he is. Pity, that would have been a great twist. I'll post more about that when both Amadalie and Nazira are gone.

Mortals.

Friends.
Jesus, so many. Don't be pissed if I forget you because...well I wouldn't really care if you were mad so it wouldn't do either of us much good. Just post your throughts and I'll reply.

Mossi: Namp always loved you, in his own way. His way of course being the homocidal, slavering, kill anyone who looks at you sideways sort of way, but thats just how I view someone who believes in letting nature take its course and who spends more than half of his time as an animal. There was a time I wanted to gut you, and basically decided to forgive you and be friends again on the flip of a coin. I'm glad I went in the direction I did after that, because my interactions with you gave my character much more depth. You were kind of a foil for some of the personality traits in Namp I couldn't have otherwise found an outlet for. Good luck with the Herald thing, I see good things happening for you.

Codus. Christ, I spent so much time bonded with you and fighting with you and ranking with you that after a while it felt naked to be on if you weren't. You were a foil for a lot of Namps other personality quirks, and gave me a way to throw some comic relief out there. Damn we had some good times. I'll miss you most of all scarecrow. Heh.

Folorad. I was going to kill you when I heard about you marrying Mossi. I mean, thats what animals do when their "territory" is tresspassed upon. I actually had planned on it. But then she made me promise not to, and so I decided to use you to further my own ends, and that worked out MUCH better for all involved. Then I started to actually LIKE you, and got to be really fond of you. The night that cemented it for me was the night you and I and Erebili went out to rank. Your reaction to my antics was funny, and made me feel better about you "stealing Mossi". You were also a lot of fun.

Sheilica. Uhmm..you gave me aura sometimes when I asked for it. Thanks.

Amadalie. I don't know where you vanished to, but I really wish you had been around more. Our whole interaction was kind of dependant on you actually being on once in a while. I would REALLY have liked to have seen that whole deal through.

Boigeran. Jesus you were funny. And a beast. You were a funny beast, and we did some SERIOUS damage to things together. I'm gonna miss that.

Ocelevan. We had some good conversations, and worked together a few times behind the backs of the Rift leadership. I tried my best to get them to stop wanting you dead all the time, and you showed your appreciation by giving me wands. This made me want you around even more. heh.

Enemies. (Generally just the Ragers)

Ragers. Pfft. Different year, same stupid gangbanging ####. Seriously, most of you would either come at me with numbers that were just stupid, or would go and park it in the village rather than face me alone. Did I gang? Sure, ONCE IN A WHILE but more often than not it was 2, 3 sometimes more villagers fighting just little old me. For those of the village who said "But you gang sometimes too!" I say "No ####. It's not in my philosophy to NOT attack people with unfair odds. It IS however supposed to be part of yours." There were a few of you who would generally fight alone, Ozlif and Brog get top honors here, but the vast majority of you were just ganging little pussies.

(*snip*)

To the other village assassin whose name escapes me, A somethingorother. The whole "Wanna group?" then attack the mage tactic was old in the first age. It's poor tactics in egeneral and even worse coming from a villager. It's just flat out pathetic when it doesn't even work.

Alright this whole thing is starting to take a turn I didn't want it to, so I'll wrap it up. If I failed to mention you, post and I'll reply. All in all, I'd consider this character a positive one, that was almost but pure fun.

Codus (Guest)Sat 27-Sep-03 04:23 PM

#21489, "RE: Well hell, that was fun."
In response to Reply #1

You were most likely my best friend through it all. From the very time I joined the Rift till the end of it. We did have some good times and god only knows how many things I learned from you. All of those little quirks about me being stupid were damn funny. There were times when I would just sit in my chair and laugh at them. All in all we formed a decent team I think.. we could have done much better though if I overall was better. Damn good run, good luck with the next and i hope we meet again on friendly terms.

VladamirSat 27-Sep-03 04:37 PM
1179 posts
#21490, "DOPUS!!"
In response to Reply #2

We had so many good times. I was concerned that someone would think we were a perma for a while, but then a friend pointed out that I was on without you for about 5 hours a day. That made me feel better. It was really rewarding to see you progressing in skill and area knowledge the more time we spent together. It really is gratifying to teach someone else how to find more of the potential in their character and help them enjoy CF more.

Codus (Guest)Sat 27-Sep-03 04:41 PM

#21491, "RE: DOPUS!!"
In response to Reply #3

You did just that for me, you and Munro showed me more things in this one char than in any others and for that CF is a better for me now.

QuezzumplietMon 29-Sep-03 12:00 AM
Member since 26th Jul 2003
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#21521, "I'll bet it was that damn dagger..."
In response to Reply #1

..that convinced you to leave me out of the goodbyes. Ungrateful piece of steel if ever I knew one. You on the other hand I liked. You were interesting, entertaining, willing to stick around and fight it out. I also appreciated you're wanting to do research for the quests that eventually took the Rift. Well done.

--Quezz

VladamirMon 29-Sep-03 02:03 AM
1179 posts
#21524, "God-Boss!!"
In response to Reply #14

How the hell could I forget you?! We had our interview, I was so thinking to myself "yeah, I'm getting in!" then you told me I had to talk to Munro and Kucerael too. Ugh. Hehe, yeah my dagger. Damnit I forgot to post my role. It was a part of Namps family history, there was a mispoken wish generations in their background, and it caused the tools they wielded to talk. I always wanted to add more to that, but to be honest I never had enough "down time" as Namp to sit and hammer out the rest of my role. My weapons all had different personalities, according to what type they were. Whips were nasty and quick witted, I mean there's just nothing nice about a whip. My daggers had useful insights, since a knife is an all purpose tool. Etc etc. Namps later life, most of his time was spent weaponless because I held items instead, so it got kind of quiet. I missed that RP angle from my younger days *sigh*

Damn I missed you being in charge.

Kucerael (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 01:31 PM

#21537, "RE: God-Boss!!"
In response to Reply #16

Hey now! What's this about you missing Quezz being in charge? I thought we were buddies. Damn...crush an old woman's heart.

He was surely easier to be around, but dangit, he couldn't shield you!

VladamirMon 29-Sep-03 02:03 PM
1179 posts
#21538, "Begone woman! I said my goodbies to you! ;)"
In response to Reply #18

Well, he was THE boss. You were A boss. little bit of a difference. :p

Sheilica (Guest)Mon 29-Sep-03 01:45 AM

#21523, "RE: Well hell, that was fun."
In response to Reply #1

Since you mentioned me by name I will respond.

I didn't know you too well but you asked for help
once or twice.
As things go I try and help anyone that asks.
Dosen't always work because i can only be in one
place at a time.
You pretty much found me when you needed an aura.
That one time when you flew to us you scared the
begeebee's out of my groupmates. I sat her laughing

Any way good luck with your next.

VladamirMon 29-Sep-03 02:04 AM
1179 posts
#21525, "Yeah that last visit was funny..."
In response to Reply #15

I was on my last death. I knew it. I flewto you, almost wishing they would freak out, jump the gun and kill me. As it was I could almost HEAR all their assholes snap shut when I popped in. Lol.

FoloradMon 29-Sep-03 03:34 PM
Member since 23rd May 2003
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21540, "RE: Well hell, that was fun."
In response to Reply #1

Damn I take a few days off and miss your last couple of moments. Folorad is really going to miss Namp, as both IC and OOC I thought he was a damn funny guy. I figured you would come after me about the whole Mossi thing and was sort of suprised that we ended up as friends. Folorad was kind of jealous of you and Mossi during the early part of their marriage, but he got over it fairly quickly and it did work out so much better that way. I think everytime we travelled together I ended up laughing my ass off, so thanks for being such a damn funny guy. Heh, you did get to see some of my worst mistakes with Folorad, I think you were always smart enough to avoid dying because of them though. Take it easy and hopefully I'll see your next in the fields.

VladamirTue 30-Sep-03 02:39 AM
1179 posts
#21549, "RE: Well hell, that was fun."
In response to Reply #20

I seriously was going to come after you over the Mossi thing. A few things stopped me.

1. You were REALLY useful to have around. As an offense shifter who had the lion/osprey combo there were damn few things I couldn't kill if I lived more than a few rounds. However lion tanks about...well about like you'd expect for a form that deals out so much damage. I cannot count the times I lived because you or another healer was there.

2. (kind of ties in with 1) I could have killed you, no question about it. I would have had to bide my time and strike you with no sanc and unprepared, but I could have done it. Probably multiple times. But with no way to lag you, the odds were pretty good you would just get away.

3. I just liked you too damn much to want to kill you. Some of my most enjoyable times on CF as Namp were with Folorad.

4. As namp got older, his libido cooled. The animal in him was losing it's instinct to mate, and the instinct to protect his territory from the Village was getting stronger after the Rift went boom. He knew he had to fight harder now that he was on his own.

Damn I'm gonna miss you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21487 Previous topic | Next topic