Subject: "(DELETED) [SYLVAN] Akrangol the Weaponsmaster, Warder L..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21132
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 11-Sep-03 12:52 AM
Member since 19th May 2024
16858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21132, "(DELETED) [SYLVAN] Akrangol the Weaponsmaster, Warder Lieutenant"

Thu Sep 11 00:50:50 2003

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Akrangol perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:305
PK Ratio:56% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [SYLVAN] Akrangol the Weaponsmaster, Ward..., CaptainAverage, 11-Sep-03 02:39 PM, #4
Reply What a blast, Blobqirti (Guest), 11-Sep-03 01:23 AM, #1
     Reply Son of a *****!, Choranek (Guest), 11-Sep-03 10:15 AM, #2
     Reply RE: What a blast, Kas (Guest), 11-Sep-03 02:25 PM, #3
     Reply RE: What a blast, Blobqirti (Guest), 11-Sep-03 09:46 PM, #5
     Reply One of my all time favorite warders, Blachmianan, 12-Sep-03 08:36 AM, #6
     Reply RE: One of my all time favorite warders, Blobqirti (Guest), 12-Sep-03 10:01 AM, #7
     Reply log in and out? we tribunals? hah, did a sylvan just sa..., socherion (Guest), 12-Sep-03 12:21 PM, #8
     Reply Yes I did, Blobqirit (Guest), 12-Sep-03 10:34 PM, #10
     Reply RE: What a blast, kalvalker (Guest), 12-Sep-03 05:54 PM, #9
     Reply Thank, Blobqirti (Guest), 12-Sep-03 10:36 PM, #11
     Reply RE: What a blast, Nydosin (Guest), 13-Sep-03 12:15 AM, #12
     Reply ops?, Seakrou (Guest), 16-Sep-03 03:56 AM, #13
     Reply RE: ops?, Akrangol (Guest), 16-Sep-03 10:01 PM, #14
          Reply Bah, Intronan shaman rather nt, Blobqirti (Guest), 16-Sep-03 10:01 PM, #15
               Reply fun to be remembered... And your right!!!...n/t, seakrou (Guest), 20-Sep-03 06:29 AM, #18
     Reply RE: Forgot me!, Corthy Wick (Guest), 16-Sep-03 11:33 PM, #16
          Reply RE: Forgot me!, Blobqirti (Guest), 16-Sep-03 11:39 PM, #17

CaptainAverageThu 11-Sep-03 02:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
31 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21154, "RE: (DELETED) [SYLVAN] Akrangol the Weaponsmaster, Ward..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, shoot... It was fun 'talking' with you those few times. It was hard to convey some feelings and thoughts without being able to talk. But, I hope Aeridayne inspired some confidence that he knew what he was doing. It got to the point where my internet connection would act up nightly, so I avoided awaking in the Grove. If I was going to be awake, I was damned sure going to be useful. I also liked the fact that I wasn't the only hand spec in the Grove, but now I am. So, even though we didn't get to know each other well, Aeridayne did look up to you and saw you as a wise and powerful mentor and leader. Kudos on a giant well-played, and thanks for putting up with all the dirt scrawling.

Currently,
Aeridayne

Blobqirti (Guest)Thu 11-Sep-03 01:23 AM

#21133, "What a blast"
In response to Reply #0

First of all I deleted for a few reasons, it was becoming almost a chore to play, I had lost fun in playing when I did earlier in the chars life. Almost everytime I logged on I would have to regear from naked, only to be killed and left nothing. This really started to get on my nerves and I didn't want to delete but so I took some time off and played Drialger abit more. Playing Drialger really started to cut into time I could play Akrangol and after awhile I just decided it wasn't fair on the cabal to have a very sparadic lieutenant in the cabal.

I enjoyed Akrangol so much when he was younger and there were lots of Sylvans on, back when Starkad was leader. The sylvans acutally logged on alot. Then Starkad deleted and Dacheal took over and after a small bit almost dissappeared. Blachmianan and I would hold down the fort do all the things but almost no other Sylvans would log on. This really got to me, but with Blachy on it was always fun and there was always something to do. Then he immed, and things became VERY quiet. That and the boom in imperials (probably the no show sylvans) was like trying to stop a waterfall by throwing pebbles at it.

I tried never to intentionally full loot someone unless they REALLY pissed me off. Was this ever returned likewise to me? No. I know some people always do it, but when you spend so much of your time online regearing, it takes any fun out of it.

My choice of specs and legacies probably wasn't the best. I mean sure having the nice bashes and auto-disarming was sweet but with not having a spec that could maledict or had any real utiliy abilities it started t oget really boring. Stun is awesome, ironhands is too, pummel rocks and crushing blow is pretty good but couple that with pole spec where you can chop and have distance, it got boring. Or at least to me it did.

Heres is my practice list if anybody cares for it....

charge 96%( 96%) axe 76%( 76%)
dagger 75%( 75%) flail 75%( 75%)
mace 75%( 75%) polearm 100%(100%)
spear 75%( 75%) sword 81%( 81%)
staff 75%( 75%) whip 75%( 75%)
bash 100%(100%) berserk 85%( 85%)
dirt kicking 92%( 92%) disarm 100%(100%)
dodge 98%( 98%) enhanced damage 100%(100%)
hand to hand 100%(100%) kick 1%( 1%)
parry 100%(100%) rescue 83%( 83%)
trip 75%( 75%) second attack 100%(100%)
third attack 100%(100%) fourth attack 100%(100%)
offhand disarm 76%( 76%) shield cleave 1%( 1%)
pugil 1%( 1%) lash 1%( 1%)
fast healing 100%(100%) haggle 87%( 87%)
meditation 100%(100%) recall 100%(100%)
lore 75%( 75%) warcry 82%( 82%)
shield block 75%( 75%) dual wield 100%(100%)
chop 100%(100%) entrap 75%( 75%)
distance 100%(100%) cutoff 100%(100%)
legsweep 75%( 75%) drive 75%( 75%)
parting blow 97%( 97%) feint 90%( 90%)
pummel 100%(100%) retreat 75%( 75%)
ironhands 100%(100%) crushing blow 99%( 99%)
vital area 100%(100%) stun 88%( 88%)
evasion 75%( 75%) charge set 86%( 86%)
dash 75%( 75%) bioempathy 83%( 83%)
harmony 83%( 83%) preservation 72%( 72%)
trepidation 71%( 71%) windwalk 99%( 99%)
beast call 71%( 71%) chameleon 100%(100%)
strengthen 70%( 70%) pen 1%( 1%)
You have 4 practice sessions left.

On to the farewells:

Starkad: You rocked as a leader in my eyes because you made people want to log on, which made the cabal strong and also made it really fun to be in. I respected you alot.

Blachmianan: In so many ways I wish you hadn't immed. You were to much fun to be with and do things with and we missed you so badly after you immed. But I bet with you being an imm you will be bring heaps to the mud. So for that you get two thumbs up!

Dacheal: I liked you when you were around and its a damn shame you ended up auto deleting, but I can understand if it wasn't within your control to come on. Hope you come back some time.

Choranek: When you got the other leiutenant position I said to myself then, Choranek will be get the leader position and he deserves it too. And you did. You were always so much fun to be around. Always lively and on the run and always willing to do something. I wish you heaps of luck being running Sylvan, and sorry for being such an ass to you with Drialger I actually felt bad that time I killed you, because you had died like twice or three times before while logged on but I cant stop doing something IC because of OOC feelings or so I can tell myself

Kalvalker: A big hearty thankyou to you. Whenever I would log on naked and you were on, you would always be up to coming on a request trip to that place so as to save me spending all the time getting return potions and detect invis and food and water before going. There were times I was feeling abit angry to you but that was before I actually got to know you, once I did my feelings changed.

Vaessima: You an me were completely destructive. All those warlocks coming to retrieve and us holding them off and killing most. That was awesome. When we finally killed Synbendorial's lemur I was so happy I almost jumped out my chair and yelled blessings to god. But I didn't. One of my favourite memories is when you were questioned about something over cabal channel and you proved the imm wrong. I laughed my arse off for so long after that. You should have hung around longer.

Sylvan imms: I would like to say the interactions were good, but there weren't any. A shame, if I had had some it would have kept the flame for this character going alot longer and brighter too. But you win some, you lose some. I hope I didn't let you down too badly after getting leiutenant.

Other sylvans I have forgot: Sorry I forgot but there were heaps. Almost all of you were a pleasure to be with, some weren't.....

Gherian: Big meany, always setting me on fire, that was not pleasant at all, but at least you helped me get my stun % up thanks for that

Synbendorial: fighting you was a pain, not in the way of not wanting to fight you, but it taking so long to even hurt you abit or do anything to you. You were really persistant and I really liked that. But I didn't like how you looted my corpse while I died trying to solo raid scion. That's just not cricket

Azharadon: You were mean, really mean. The fights were really fun and it taught me more tactics for fighting competetant vokers.

Other warlocks: ALot of you were a pain, always going on about how I was a goodie and that I shouldn't be killing other goodies like that. To you I say on word 'Eh'

Empire: Really didn't care for any of you. I would of however liked to have fought Menzaen more on my own, Astilamos too but it would never work out like that.

Tribs: Worse then empire in that a few of you would all log in and out within 5 minutes. Only one person which I had respect for was Futalefu. You would come at me solo, knowing if you didn't get a good song off then you would die to my polearms and bashes. For that I give you respect.

Other people: Leave a message and I will get back to you.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Blobqirt

Notable characters: Gillasn, Trylartin, Drialger and now Akrangol

Choranek (Guest)Thu 11-Sep-03 10:15 AM

#21146, "Son of a *****!"
In response to Reply #1

Hehe talk about playing both sides of the fence! No Wonder I hadn't seen Akrangol around as much!
Well sorry you got bored with him, I always had fun travelling with my big storm buddy. Lots of fun times. I know with the removal of Warlocks and the pitiful showing of Tribs there really aren't too many people beyond Empire to be fighting with you, and fighting was what you seemed to love best. That legacy of yours, totally suprised me. Talk about useful.

The Grove is going to be alot emptier with you gone, and I have a sneakin suspicion Choranek is going to be quite devastated when he awakes to find you gone

Lata

Kas (Guest)Thu 11-Sep-03 02:25 PM

#21153, "RE: What a blast"
In response to Reply #1

Akrangol was a fun guy, loved watching you bash people into the ground. Raiding with you was a blast too just watching your pummels do all the work. I heard an applicant complain to me one time though about your quests, a load mind you, you can get around cf without using the eastern road. In fact not using the eastern road saves you alot of grief (like the yells from blademasters glove with all of empire and fortress on it and your the lone sylvan and both cabals spamming g gloves corpse). Well played kinda funny though you had a leader in sylvan and played Drialger. Good luck on your next.

Blobqirti (Guest)Thu 11-Sep-03 09:46 PM

#21161, "RE: What a blast"
In response to Reply #3

Thanks, and yeah I thought my interviews would be pretty tough and especially the tasks I asked some people, but I mean seriously it should all be stuff that sylvans have to know because it will save their life, if some people couldn't hack it and couldn't put the time into working it out then they didn't deserve to be in the cabal. What use is a full cabal if almost every member is a weak willed person who would give up at the slightest hard part in their life?

Plus all the things I asked would save their life, I know it did mine many times. People should be glad I didn't bust out questions on the lowbies like how to get to the past without touching any major road, any cities outskirts, or any rivers

The bashing was fun, but it got to a point that if I didn't bash then they would flee, so if I used spec skills they would flee, I try something different and they would flee, so it resorted to just using bash. Which may be effective in game but very unfulfulling.

Maybe I will play another sylvan warrior some time, and pick more interesting specs. Luck to you

BlachmiananFri 12-Sep-03 08:36 AM
Member since 16th Jul 2003
36 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21164, "One of my all time favorite warders"
In response to Reply #1

Well done. When I asked to join the Imm staff, Starkad was still the leader and the pack had very strong numbers. In fact, we weren't taking any more members in. Due to circumstances beyond anyone's control the pack did take a big hit when Dacheal couldn't show up anymore. It just so happened that it coincided with my becoming part of the Imm staff. I do my best to interact with the current warders to keep them happy and let them know I do care about the progress of the cabal. With your playing Drialger, our paths as warders just didn't mesh all that well at the end.

As a mortal, it was always a pleasure traveling with you. I can't think of a single time we lost the sapling when you and I were about at the same time. That goes for many of the warders we ran with, but, the difference was that you usually left a decent trail of defilers corpses in the grove. And that is one of the things that made you stand out, your ability to finish the job. You were a humble mountain of a warrior who made every effort to protect every one you cared for and never once gloated about anything you did.

Good luck with your next.

Blobqirti (Guest)Fri 12-Sep-03 10:01 AM

#21166, "RE: One of my all time favorite warders"
In response to Reply #6

Thanks, this means alot

I am glad you are an imm now, but talking to you straight after was odd, because I knew you couldn't talk about imm type things, and so I found it hard to talk like normal, it became a little.....odd I think. But I still enjoyed talking to you.

People like you make me want to play more sylvans.

socherion (Guest)Fri 12-Sep-03 12:21 PM

#21169, "log in and out? we tribunals? hah, did a sylvan just sa..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Blobqirit (Guest)Fri 12-Sep-03 10:34 PM

#21188, "Yes I did"
In response to Reply #8

The least I ever logged in for was just over 30 mins, or was by my time keeping, I would log in around the same time every day because its when I could, I bet you can't say the same

kalvalker (Guest)Fri 12-Sep-03 05:54 PM

#21179, "RE: What a blast"
In response to Reply #1

this is what happens, when you go for a short vacations
people just delete ... to bad that you got bored, but
I understand you, I really know that feeling. well it
seems that my trips to that place are over, at least
for now ... I belive I know or have a general idea of
why did you felt angry with me, in those times, and
I dont blame you I probably would to, if I was in your shoes.
Anyway, it was very good to travel and hunt with you. that stun
trick have an impresive potential you know what I mean.

And like always mentioned, good luck with your next char.

Blobqirti (Guest)Fri 12-Sep-03 10:36 PM

#21189, "Thank"
In response to Reply #9

You were always a great help when you around afte rht period when I was a bit muffed at you When you were around we had some fun, and your spells were damn nice to have around, even if I had no idea where you were half the time

Nydosin (Guest)Sat 13-Sep-03 12:15 AM

#21192, "RE: What a blast"
In response to Reply #1

Well I thought I would say farewell to you as well. I did not talk with you much, wish I had more of an oppertunity to interact, but that is the past. I always respected you for being able to charge head first in to a fight no matter what.

Best of luck with your next character

Nydosin bows his head in honor to you.

Seakrou (Guest)Tue 16-Sep-03 03:56 AM

#21245, "ops?"
In response to Reply #1

Well I have to say you had spirit, alot of it!.. fealt guilty for killing you when you came back after synb had looted you. But you gave me little choice. If I recall he took everything the next time as well.
Now gillasn was a favorite friend of mine, with a former char...dont recall if it was esilema,sekmetra, or someone else... its bad when you start forgetting which heroes you have had over the years...*cough*

Well suffice to say you where a pain to have around, you atleast made retriving for me a bit more challanging...Not as much as blachmaian, but..... well done...
LH

Akrangol (Guest)Tue 16-Sep-03 10:01 PM

#21252, "RE: ops?"
In response to Reply #13

That shokai shaman? I remeber helping you with that thing and being friends with you back then. Heh. Yeah I was rather pissed when I lost all that gear that time, because it was all really nice stuff, but the turn over of gear Akrangol had was insane. I had and lost some very nice things, had and lost a perma haste item not once but TWICE! Oh well. Yeah I tried to do as I thought my char's role would do and not give up no matter what. I even helped raid and what not while only wearing two pieces of clothing once But there were hardly ever times I would pull back and hide because I was being beaten. But the fights were all good and I will start posting some nice ones soon.

Come play a sylvan or something awhile!

Blobqirt

Blobqirti (Guest)Tue 16-Sep-03 10:01 PM

#21253, "Bah, Intronan shaman rather nt"
In response to Reply #14

nt

seakrou (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-03 06:29 AM

#21318, "fun to be remembered... And your right!!!...n/t"
In response to Reply #15

n/t

Corthy Wick (Guest)Tue 16-Sep-03 11:33 PM

#21255, "RE: Forgot me!"
In response to Reply #1

I remember we had some good times, that time we killed Synbendorial, I was there..I think it was that time...maybe not. I completely agree with you about the Grove becoming quiet...I was usually the only one on. You would come around every once awhile at that point in time, but rarely, and sometimes Pelthaas...now that I am gone you seemed to come around more *chuckle* The Fortress seemed to be going through what Sylvan went through, Soon as those imms ban new applicants everything goes down hill. *shrug*

Blobqirti (Guest)Tue 16-Sep-03 11:39 PM

#21256, "RE: Forgot me!"
In response to Reply #16

Gah, sorry I knew I missed some people, yeah we did have fun and it was a damn shame people started not logging on, I blame the empire mainly. Because the time that sylvan people stopped coming on is when there was a huge boom in imperials. But oh well.

Yeah I would usually have set times I would come on because I live in Australia it means its usually crazy times in America and thus not as many people on. Oh well.

Blobqirt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21132 Previous topic | Next topic