Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Karthhorne the Master of Steel" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20744
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 27-Aug-03 07:16 AM
Member since 17th May 2024
16855 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20744, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Karthhorne the Master of Steel"

Wed Aug 27 07:12:23 2003

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Karthhorne perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:64
PK Ratio:27% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RL problems, Karthhorne (Guest), 27-Aug-03 07:41 AM, #1
     Reply if I recall, incognito, 27-Aug-03 07:51 AM, #2
     Reply very true, Karthhorne (Guest), 27-Aug-03 09:21 AM, #4
     Reply RE: RL problems, Rogardian, 27-Aug-03 08:18 AM, #3
     Reply BAH!, Vanadulin (Guest), 27-Aug-03 10:22 AM, #5
     Reply That extra h..., Ardyana (Guest), 27-Aug-03 11:32 AM, #6
          Reply It was Hathhorne Heatheliff, ended up as Karthhorne Nam..., KarthHorne (Guest), 27-Aug-03 09:33 PM, #8
     Reply Glad you took up the challenge, Ardyana (Guest), 27-Aug-03 11:38 AM, #7

Karthhorne (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 07:41 AM

#20745, "RL problems"
In response to Reply #0

I hadn't logged in an extended session for so many weeks now. There has been a bunch of rl stuff happening, not least college admissions in the next two weeks, which meant even lesser playing time. As it is, there was a phase where I was juggling a hero and two fouty plus characters, not to mention the customary lowbies in my 90 hours a month schedule.

It got to the point where I lost the link with the char, and no longer had any interactions with the other members. And they no longer take squires, so I was just hogging space where someone else could get a crack at the fortress. So I deleted.

In about 4 years on cf this is my first goodie. My first fortress. I had no idea what goodies did or said, where they ranked or what they wore. I usually am evil or neutral, but a goodie never.

And I would scoff at people who keep coming back to the same cabal, convinced that they are too dependent on cabal powers to otherwise exist. I would scratch my head thinking of why people keep playing fortress and warlock and such.

Shokai, I did not impress you the least, however, I was not there in the first place to impress. I merely wanted to get into the cabal and see what works from inside. Ardyana and Sarkarian challenged me on the main board to get into the fortress if I could, and if you throw me the gauntlet, I chew it down My opinions probably dont even count, heard as you might have this compliment thousands of time, but thanks for doing that fantastic job. If there is one immortal who has deeply influenced me other than valguarnera, it is you. I got some pretty valuable insights into your existence from that time when we all were discussing talia {not sure if it was you as sune rai, i still picked up info} and was inspired enough to succesfully get empowered by you.

The fortress is a fantastic place, in no short measure because of the instant change of guard. The marshalls and the captain are fun to be around. Hey Rogardian, I didn't do much, but people sure are not laughing at you. Thanks for inducting me. I have 'peace pacts' with you from the other side of the fence, so working with you this side was fun. The grading system is fun, in that it helps those with the basic rp with a fantastic power and then rewards them for more. I dont think ever since under tillaen as a scion, have I had so much fun, apart from my entropy destruction stint.

Obaznuk, Vethna, Vanadaulin, Flegnar, Rogardian, Jirash, Lariya, Jaedren, Nadalia ... there are so many of you ... thanks for all the fun, and for respoding every time Karthhorne made the customary call for aid {hey to be honest, I was the one more equipped to ask for aid considering I could stun and cranial} it was great fun

At the imperials people might really want to consider trying to stand out from the writhing mass of duergars that is the cabal and be individuals. Yanacek, Shezaral, Digercso, Izuvererus, Zhenzar were the main foes with lots of inputs from the other guys. I enjoyed each one of our digusting gangs and yeah fly helps I have seen Shezaral from somewhere. And yes trappers are overpowered. However the tweak in the thieves has left them too weak to be fronters, and I definitely remember a time when thieves were the deadliest thing in game, solo or gang. One fight in particular sticks out where Izuvererus and Zhenzar come in tar valon and the fight ends in galadon with Yanacek (or was it diegrcso) Zhenzar and Iz rounding it off. The one where Exousia and Dieg summoned me near arial city was, ehheheheheh, if either of you got that log, post it, was fun.

I did not interact too much with otherse, occupied as I was either fending off attacks or ranking. This is my shortest character so far, and when I see 64 hours I am like WHAT!!! The new system is antispam but if I perfected what all I did in 64, I am more than happy. Just tank and the rest follows, and who better to tank than a dwarf.

Htoh. The spec is fantastic and with perfection kicks ass, I did take some #### from assassins but it was mostly due to not enough perfection. However a nice second spec easily evens things out. The only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is evasion. One attack evaded per round is no use, cause I can just feint for the same, so whats the difference between me and some other warrior. I dont know the code, perhaps evasion helps in greater defenses.

Well there ends my rambling goodbye. Flame if you want. Have fun.

incognitoWed 27-Aug-03 07:51 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20746, "if I recall"
In response to Reply #1

feint avoids attack from one opponent.

evasion avoids 1 attack from each opponent fighting you.

something like that anyway.

Karthhorne (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 09:21 AM

#20751, "very true"
In response to Reply #2

and yet I dont see myself going too far in pks with it.

RogardianWed 27-Aug-03 08:18 AM
Member since 19th Aug 2003
26 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20748, "RE: RL problems"
In response to Reply #1

I figured this was coming, haven't seen you on in a while. And no, no one laughed at me! Seemed like you did a good job, though we never really got to do much together after the induction interview. Good luck with your next.

Rog

Vanadulin (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 10:22 AM

#20752, "BAH!"
In response to Reply #1

hehe and i had just told Zhenzar that you had contemplated taking your own life, and i was heading over to try to talk you out of it, and that by killing you they had changed your mind. i was under that impression anyway. hah.

well anyway i will never forget the damned extra h.
remember in the past where ya had to be small to get thru chasing i think it was some assassin?
make me small. c' reduce' karthorne
they aren't here. damn!
c 'reduce' ... hehe
enlarge me
c 'enlarge' karthorne
they aren't here.... etc.. etc..

then of course i go and make this elaborate pile of aliases for handling every group situation, and mispelling names.

Ardyana (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 11:32 AM

#20755, "That extra h..."
In response to Reply #5

threw me for a loop too:

Follow Karthorne
They aren't here
Follow Karthorne
They aren't here
Beckon Karthorne
They aren't here

(ckeck the spelling again) Ok, what the heck? Why an extra h?
I wrote his name down next to my computer, so I'd have it right in front of me.

KarthHorne (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 09:33 PM

#20809, "It was Hathhorne Heatheliff, ended up as Karthhorne Nam..."
In response to Reply #6

nt

Ardyana (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 11:38 AM

#20756, "Glad you took up the challenge"
In response to Reply #1

The Fort really is a very fun place to play, and I'm glad you enjoyed your time there. You only had 64 hours in this character? Wow, I'm glad your hours coincided somewhat with mine. I enjoyed the interactions we had. Good luck with all the RL issues.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20744 Previous topic | Next topic