Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Darch Datton the Magician Extraordin..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20701
Show all folders | View messages in linear mode

Death_AngelTue 26-Aug-03 01:16 PM
Member since 19th May 2024
16858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20701, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Darch Datton the Magician Extraordinaire, High Herald of the Eternal Star"

Tue Aug 26 13:15:14 2003

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Darch perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:429
PK Ratio:50% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply While I didn't really know you well..., Kugnar (Guest), 01-Sep-03 03:40 PM, #36
Reply OH CRAP THEY R ON 2 ME, Lhydia, 01-Sep-03 05:57 PM, #38
Reply Profound Words: Cold Be Sleep you snooping bastard., Lade (Guest), 31-Aug-03 11:35 PM, #35
Reply Well goodness..., Meladori (Guest), 30-Aug-03 02:33 AM, #32
Reply Yep, Lhydia, 30-Aug-03 02:58 AM, #33
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Darch Datton the Magician Extrao..., Benvale (Guest), 29-Aug-03 04:36 AM, #27
Reply Hrrrmmm, Chasillia (Guest), 26-Aug-03 05:58 PM, #9
Reply PfffFfFFft, Lhydia, 27-Aug-03 05:03 PM, #20
Reply Gone like dust in the wind, Darch (Guest), 26-Aug-03 01:30 PM, #1
     Reply By Avram's swollen liver!!, Ysaloerye (Guest), 26-Aug-03 01:45 PM, #2
     Reply Bah!, Ashlidry (Guest), 27-Aug-03 06:28 PM, #24
     Reply I love that name, Dafeb (Guest), 26-Aug-03 01:46 PM, #3
     Reply RE: I love that name, Alaminore, 26-Aug-03 01:58 PM, #5
     Reply Darch Datton, Lhydia, 26-Aug-03 02:08 PM, #7
          Reply Daria Patton? nt, Dafeb (Guest), 29-Aug-03 09:30 AM, #28
               Reply Marcy Dutton? nt, Quislet, 31-Aug-03 05:44 PM, #34
                    Reply Skunch Button? nt, Gaenia (Guest), 01-Sep-03 05:13 PM, #37
                         Reply WE HAVE A WINNER!, Lhydia, 01-Sep-03 05:59 PM, #39
                              Reply Hey There!, Gaenia (Guest), 01-Sep-03 11:56 PM, #40
     Reply Gah!, Alaminore, 26-Aug-03 01:50 PM, #4
     Reply What the crap..., Lhydia, 26-Aug-03 02:02 PM, #6
     Reply Well Done, Folorad, 26-Aug-03 02:33 PM, #8
     Reply Gah, Elrys (Guest), 26-Aug-03 07:15 PM, #10
     Reply AHAHAHA, Lhydia, 27-Aug-03 05:03 PM, #21
     Reply I hate the internet. N/T, Lhydia, 27-Aug-03 05:06 PM, #23
     Reply AHAHAHAHA, Lhydia, 27-Aug-03 05:05 PM, #22
     Reply No!!!, Mariya (Guest), 26-Aug-03 07:54 PM, #11
     Reply Yes! I mean, Maybe?, Lhydia, 26-Aug-03 11:21 PM, #13
     Reply doity bastad, quid (Guest), 26-Aug-03 10:58 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Gone like dust in the wind, Docrrann (Guest), 27-Aug-03 03:24 AM, #14
     Reply Life is like a car-turtle sometimes..., Lhydia, 27-Aug-03 10:51 AM, #15
          Reply Pfft...NO ONE could kill Docrrann...NO ONE.nt, Docrrann (Guest), 27-Aug-03 11:25 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Gone like dust in the wind, Beroxxus, 27-Aug-03 04:27 PM, #17
     Reply Thanks, sort of..I think?, Lhydia, 27-Aug-03 04:59 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Gone like dust in the wind, Javaco (Guest), 27-Aug-03 04:28 PM, #18
     Reply Thanks, Kucerael (Guest), 27-Aug-03 06:30 PM, #25
     Reply Yep, Lhydia, 27-Aug-03 09:08 PM, #26
     Reply Eluna, Astillian, 29-Aug-03 01:02 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Gone like dust in the wind, Airael (Guest), 29-Aug-03 08:43 PM, #30
          Reply Son of a..., Lhydia, 29-Aug-03 09:20 PM, #31

Kugnar (Guest)Mon 01-Sep-03 03:40 PM

#20954, "While I didn't really know you well..."
In response to Reply #0

I knew you hunted people using nightgaunt. While this my be not true, it seemed from my perspective that you were looking for the easy nightgaunt kills, and then go run back to the inn for safety, being as you are damn near invincible in the inn...

Now, if this is true, I think its pretty ####ed up.

LhydiaMon 01-Sep-03 05:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2383 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20956, "OH CRAP THEY R ON 2 ME"
In response to Reply #36

Nope. I never hunted anyone. I accidentally killed a fire giant shaman..whats his name, one of the first imperials..Sakard..yeah..with an angel or two. I really didn't kill anyone all that much. Unless they really pissed me off by disrupting the inn. Ragers. A lot of the older ragers used to come in to the inn and try to kill folks, I told them if they didnt stop, I'd make them stop. So! I went to arial city, Nightgaunted the troublemaker, and worded. No more rager bothering me in the inn. I think Wiglaf got a really neat title from that, when he killed a lot of scions and nexuns who went up there for him. If the rager in question was an arial, I gaunted him to Arboria then worded. Darch wasn't a hunter of any kind, and my nightgaunts sucked. Yes, I was pretty untouchable in the inn if I had an archon. Now shoo.

Lade (Guest)Sun 31-Aug-03 11:35 PM

#20947, "Profound Words: Cold Be Sleep you snooping bastard."
In response to Reply #0

Send me a message on ICQ you ####.

Meladori (Guest)Sat 30-Aug-03 02:33 AM

#20906, "Well goodness..."
In response to Reply #0

I take a short vacation and suddenly I see you in the graveyard? I'm still on my vacation and checking the graveyard, do I have a problem or what? *giggle* Anyway, down to the good stuff.

We didn't know each other well until Arvam disappeared for a while. Of course, by then Lynnette was gone and Darch was almost always depressed. I really regret not having known you sooner, but still, Meladori loved Darch like a brother. I never knew if you were serious about the whole, my life didn't make a difference thing, you did have those nifty spells no one else did, and I mean, for all intensive purposes Mariya and Gaenia were pretty much your groupies for a while. I never had groupies, well maybe when I was younger. When there was a problem, I knew I could count on Darch to help out with it, he practically knew everyone from what I saw. I wish we talked more, whenever I got the chance to talk to you, you'd leave pretty quick. I always thought that Darch didn't like Meladori.

My favorite times with Darch is probably right after Arvam would have a talk with you and you were happy for about five minutes afterwards. Well, I hope you have tons of fun with your next character, take care.

Meladori

LhydiaSat 30-Aug-03 02:58 AM
2383 posts
#20907, "Yep"
In response to Reply #32

Darch had a few qualms with Meladori, but I really did enjoy you and think you did good as a Herald. Darch did like you over all too, but he honestly didn't like elves very much. Heh, oh well. Email me if you want. My email address is around here someplace.

Benvale (Guest)Fri 29-Aug-03 04:36 AM

#20878, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Darch Datton the Magician Extrao..."
In response to Reply #0

Didn't see Darch around that much, perhaps due to our playing times... but anyway, Darch's death is still a loss for all of us. And yet another Herald gone... sigh. I can't play much, due to some real-life matters, so I suppose Benvale will see everyone die around him.

I was surprised that you were chaotic good. I thought all goodie conjurers would take orderly, since archons are such wonderful protectors.

Anyway, good luck with your next character...

Chasillia (Guest)Tue 26-Aug-03 05:58 PM

#20712, "Hrrrmmm"
In response to Reply #0

Sad to see my second favourite bartender leave. You were fun to have around, even though it seemed you were almost never doing anything. I suppose that was just part of your greatness. I was surprised at your crack about your Heraldness you made to me way back when, but I suppose from your farewell I can see how you would think that. But anyways, in my opinion, although less than expert, you were a great Herald and a fun character. Sad to see you go. *wave*

LhydiaWed 27-Aug-03 05:03 PM
2383 posts
#20789, "PfffFfFFft"
In response to Reply #9

You were fun to speak to, even though I never really figured out what your disease or major malfunction was. Darch always wanted to help you with that. He wasn't really down with the whole Fortress/Warlock deal, so we didn't get much interaction there. Thanks for stopping by!

Darch (Guest)Tue 26-Aug-03 01:30 PM

#20702, "Gone like dust in the wind"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I’ve put this off for long enough now. Four hundred hours is the second longest character I’ve ever played, normally I get bored and stop having fun around 200. I never really understood how Darch became a successful character. I rolled him last year at some point because my duergar thief got one rounded by an angel, and I wanted to see if conjurers were really that easy. So I rolled up a chaotic good conjurer named Darch, planning to get to around 28, pk a bit, then delete. Somehow I ended up at the inn talking to Lynnette, who then asked if I wanted to be a Herald. I’ve never actually had a Herald before, I’m usually one of those folks that see the inn as a detriment to PK, and the folks who go there are just running and hiding from my wrath or something. Being a Herald was a lot of fun, and I definitely had the most roleplaying opportunities of any character I’ve played to this date there. I really don’t think I was ever cut out for High Herald, but just got it by default. It seems like there’s hardly any Heralds out there nowadays, maybe six or seven at most that I saw. I was going to delete before the summer, but school got out of session and I had to go back to a dial-up connection at home, and I didn’t feel like rolling anything else, so it was back to Darch. I really was only able to log in after I got off work most days, and then only for a couple of hours. I told Arvam I’d be around a lot more later, which was supposed to be now, now that I’m back at school. But I just don’t feel like playing anymore, I burned out a long time ago from this character, and everythings just been dragging on and on lately. I had planned to age die, but after I glanced at the graveyard search and saw that some of these leaders don’t die till 700-900 hours old? No way. I knew I didn’t have that in me, so I went on and stopped delaying the inevitable.

I’ll respond to any farewells probably, but I came into contact with waaaaaaay to many people to even attempt to write them all down. If you want to say something, go ahead.

Ysaloerye (Guest)Tue 26-Aug-03 01:45 PM

#20703, "By Avram's swollen liver!!"
In response to Reply #1

Who tha fargin hell be gonna feed meh beer noo? A be wantin to know!

Got a chance to interact with you with a character or two, always fun. Mr mild mannered Clark Kent that you were

Ashlidry (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 06:28 PM

#20793, "Bah!"
In response to Reply #2

I never did getta interact with you. You were never at the inn the same time I seemed to be. I dont know, I didnt really see you that much helping like Meladori and stuffs. But hell! good run at it. Anyone who can go 400 hours an things deserves a slap on the ol'back!

Dafeb (Guest)Tue 26-Aug-03 01:46 PM

#20704, "I love that name"
In response to Reply #1

Sounded like a character from an adventure novel or something.

Guybrush Threepwood!
Dirk Pitt!
Darch Datton!

Good job.

AlaminoreTue 26-Aug-03 01:58 PM
Member since 07th Jul 2003
61 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#20706, "RE: I love that name"
In response to Reply #3

Hey...

He's right.

It does rank right up there with Guybrush Threepwood.

----- Alaminore, Of Course! -----

LhydiaTue 26-Aug-03 02:08 PM
2383 posts
#20708, "Darch Datton"
In response to Reply #3

Was about the most unoriginal name I could have come up with. It is exactly three letters off of my real name. I came up with it in about 2 seconds.

Dafeb (Guest)Fri 29-Aug-03 09:30 AM

#20886, "Daria Patton? nt"
In response to Reply #7

QuisletSun 31-Aug-03 05:44 PM
240 posts
#20945, "Marcy Dutton? nt"
In response to Reply #28

Gaenia (Guest)Mon 01-Sep-03 05:13 PM

#20955, "Skunch Button? nt"
In response to Reply #34

LhydiaMon 01-Sep-03 05:59 PM
2383 posts
#20957, "WE HAVE A WINNER!"
In response to Reply #37

Only not.

Gaenia (Guest)Mon 01-Sep-03 11:56 PM

#20961, "Hey There!"
In response to Reply #39

Well, I admit, coming back to seeing the Heralds as they are now, I'm glad that there are at least solid leaders and characters of some worth running around there.

It all starts with an example. Your character resembled (to me), Arvam all over again. Awkwardly savvy, in a weird sort of way. It isn't easy to see what you were like as a younger character, but I do know that in your later years, you provided a good anchoring presense at the Inn that people could talk to.

Wish I had rolled up a character earlier to join in on the goodness, but, being late, I'm just glad to see there's still like-minded folks kicking around.

Good Luck, and See you Later!

AlaminoreTue 26-Aug-03 01:50 PM
Member since 07th Jul 2003
61 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#20705, "Gah!"
In response to Reply #1

Why'd you have to go and do that?

Oh well. I guess it's fair enough. It did really seem that Darch was a little bit out of it recently, you could sort of tell you weren't into it anymore. I have a farewell, anyway.

You were kind of like Mossi's older brother and I think, but I can't completely remember, but you were probably one of the big reasons that I even got interested in the Heralds in the first place. In case you didn't know, I also played Praredre -- hehe, Snowflake -- and yes, Soagali did scare her off. I didn't mean for her to get deleted, but I just got so caught up in Mossi's life, that I forgot to log in as her at all. I suppose it's kind of ominous for Folorad that my only other character before Mossi cheated on her husband. Hmm.

I really have to thank you for sticking around long enough to at least see Mossi get places. Thanks for being one of the only people to make it to the wedding. I guess, since you were never on at the same time as me after that, you missed the fact that Mossi High Heralded. But at least you were around for that, too, and knew it was coming. Thanks for hanging around long enough.

The Inn'll miss ya. Even though Darch was often moody and prone to teleporting out of the Inn more than staying in it. I guess the Inn really needs people like that. Just as much as little gnomes who are always cheerful. Well, not always. But then, being the older brother figure, you were who Mossi went to with help for that.

Anyway... before I stop rambling... I have one choice quote from you I'll never forget. It was talking about when Mossi had to deal with Aldarri... I don't know why, but it always stuck in my head.

"We're going to be a big happy family, damnit!"

It's something Mossi'll keep in mind as she continues on High Heralding.

I'll miss ya.

Rest in peace and all that.

----- Alaminore, Of Course! -----

LhydiaTue 26-Aug-03 02:02 PM
2383 posts
#20707, "What the crap..."
In response to Reply #4

Oh well, I really think you'll do fine as a High Herald, else I wouldn't have even deleted. I really hated it when Praredre autodeleted, it was like the beginning of the end! Mossi and Praredre both were awesome characters, and I enjoyed interacting with both of them a lot.

Darch

FoloradTue 26-Aug-03 02:33 PM
Member since 23rd May 2003
20 posts
#20710, "Well Done"
In response to Reply #1

Heh, well we didn't interact much but thanks for coming to Folorad and Mossi's wedding. I think it was the first time we'd been on at the same time since the day we both became Heralds. I'd heard things from Mossi that made me suspect you were getting close to the end, but I guess I hoped you'd stick around awhile longer. Well played character I thought, the sending of pickles (and other random crap) was pretty funny stuff. Also, you and Meladori did a great job rebuilding after it seemed like everyone deleted. For a long, long time it was just Folorad showing up the hours no one else likes to play and chatting with Olin, but you two did a really good job getting new people in there and spicing things up. Like I said our characters really didn't interact much, but I thought yours was well played. Best of luck out there.

Folorad

Elrys (Guest)Tue 26-Aug-03 07:15 PM

#20713, "Gah"
In response to Reply #1

What the? I liked our interactions, thought it might be fun if they went were they were seeming to. Oh well, you always seemed interesting, and I never knew if you were actually hiding stuff from me, or if it just seemed that way.

LhydiaWed 27-Aug-03 05:03 PM
2383 posts
#20790, "AHAHAHA"
In response to Reply #10

And now you'll never know.

LhydiaWed 27-Aug-03 05:06 PM
2383 posts
#20792, "I hate the internet. N/T"
In response to Reply #21

None

LhydiaWed 27-Aug-03 05:05 PM
2383 posts
#20791, "AHAHAHAHA"
In response to Reply #10

AND NOW YOU'LL NEVER KNOW

Mariya (Guest)Tue 26-Aug-03 07:54 PM

#20717, "No!!!"
In response to Reply #1

I get stuck away for a week, and people start dropping like flies? No fair! You get back here now, mister!

Sigh. So many things to say, and I don't even know where to begin! You were great fun to talk to, and a huge help to me. The Inn was brighter for your presence, even if you were almost always mopey and depressed. Cheer up some, darn you! Hmph. Good luck, at least, and come back and see us soon!

LhydiaTue 26-Aug-03 11:21 PM
2383 posts
#20720, "Yes! I mean, Maybe?"
In response to Reply #11

Thanks for that, it just goes to show you, don't get stuck away for a week, or EVERYONE WILL DIE. Email me if you want, if you ever need some questions answered about junk. That goes for anyone else as well.

Darch

Email: Mab0913@mai.ecu.edu

quid (Guest)Tue 26-Aug-03 10:58 PM

#20718, "doity bastad"
In response to Reply #1

I never understood you, toyed with me alot when I was Trinthos. "go sing fire and Ice please?" reply why? "just do it" and I would hit some duplicate of you and you'd laugh. heh

You really seemed to resent Kertaki and for that I say bah to you! I did all I could to help the heralds...as long as it benifited me but that wasn't the point! hehe

nice job, and good luck on der next eh?

Docrrann (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 03:24 AM

#20741, "RE: Gone like dust in the wind"
In response to Reply #1

Heh. Awesome character. You actually made me laugh in real life a couple of times. You're one of the reasons I stuck around longer than I probably would have. Did you manage to hold onto those books with me gone?

LhydiaWed 27-Aug-03 10:51 AM
2383 posts
#20753, "Life is like a car-turtle sometimes..."
In response to Reply #14

Well, it's good you stuck around as long as you did. You seemed to have a good time with it that I saw, I thought you were pretty cool as well. About those books, I just had to keep saying to myself, 'Give them back so I don't have to kill you, give them back so I don't have to kill you...' Heh. I never did have to, so that was good.

Docrrann (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 11:25 AM

#20754, "Pfft...NO ONE could kill Docrrann...NO ONE.nt"
In response to Reply #15

nt

BeroxxusWed 27-Aug-03 04:27 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
176 posts
#20781, "RE: Gone like dust in the wind"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 27-Aug-03 04:27 PM

Well,

I liked Darch from the beginning. I hoped you enjoyed our interactions as well as when one of my minions decided to help influence your despair and such. Knowing several of your past characters, I am surpised to see that you played Darch. Just seems so un-Lhydia like. I hope you take that as a compliment since your roleplay shows you are capable of more than just one personality. Good luck on the future.

LhydiaWed 27-Aug-03 04:59 PM
2383 posts
#20788, "Thanks, sort of..I think?"
In response to Reply #17

That was some of the wierdest immteraction I've ever gotten. And yeah, I guess it all makes sense now. God of Despair, I should have known, Dammit. As for being un-Lhydia like, usually all of my non-entropy characters are, well, attempted to be. I'm glad you enjoyed the character, it was sort of interesting to see Darch go down, down, down. He seemed to be all about the despair at times. Of course, no one really noticed but a few folks.

Thanks.

Javaco (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 04:28 PM

#20783, "RE: Gone like dust in the wind"
In response to Reply #1

Well good run I suppose. We never really talked that much or anything. You helped me out once or twice though when I was about trying to explore. Javaco just never really clicked with you I guess thus, we never really talked.

Kucerael (Guest)Wed 27-Aug-03 06:30 PM

#20794, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks, Darch, for being my guide on that one little trip I took. I couldn't have done it without you. I really appreciate that.

Nice ooze elemental, by the way

LhydiaWed 27-Aug-03 09:08 PM
2383 posts
#20806, "Yep"
In response to Reply #25

I really had nothing better to do at the time, and figured why not. And the para-elementals really were nice, I had a blast with them.

AstillianFri 29-Aug-03 01:02 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#20890, "Eluna"
In response to Reply #1

Probably only one of the few true friends Eluna had. We met when we were young but being a conjurer ranking is easy once you hit 35 and you soon out ranked me. Then we traveled a bit and always liked our conversations at hero. I loved when you used your other elementals. Oh we also had that dual in the encampment I really expected you to round me easily.

Airael (Guest)Fri 29-Aug-03 08:43 PM

#20901, "RE: Gone like dust in the wind"
In response to Reply #1

Heh, there went another. Had fun playing with you just so you know and thanks for keeping it interesting for a while. Its kinda funny to know you were Lhydia too since we have interacted alot when you were her. (Was a red head who died in the Inferno if I remember correctly and got us all killed that day heh). Have fun with whatever you play next!

LhydiaFri 29-Aug-03 09:20 PM
2383 posts
#20902, "Son of a..."
In response to Reply #30

I got no one killed! I was framed! I only dispersed everyone away from the entrance, refused to be mounted by some bull, talked to Asmody on the ninth circle while you folks piddled around on the first, then died a con death the next week. Hmph.

Airael was great, thanks for the good times.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #20701 Previous topic | Next topic