Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Birkota the Master of Adamantite, Anat..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19076
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 12-Jul-03 07:04 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19076, "(DELETED) [None] Birkota the Master of Adamantite, Anathema to the Empire"

Sat Jul 12 19:00:12 2003
At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Birkota perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:87
PK Ratio:71% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Birkota (Guest)Sat 12-Jul-03 07:32 PM

#19077, "Wtb."
In response to Reply #0

Had a lot of fun. Had a lot of unfun. This wasn't too serious a character, else I'd probably have stuck around and done something with the anathema bit. But I'd rather not have to work around the frustration for now.

I'm surprised at that ratio. I lost two con when I hit the low 40s when I thought I'd be somewhat cool and outrank the majority of the Imperials and take on the horde alone. Har, bad idea.

Empire was pretty cool. Actually, it wasn't. Blade Sect was really cool. I really like the silent opposition between the sects, but wish more people would act on it. There were a few times I'd have killed some Shadows if Faeras had been around to ok it. In hindsight, I should have. I'm not bitter at becoming anathema. At the time though, I was told to 'question why Menzaen and you were both singled out like that'. I suspected foul play, but I guess it was cleared up. Good enough for me.

Never practiced anything but drive to 85%. I'm satisfied with the learning changes. My skill percentages were overly kosher, all expect flurry. But it's always a nuissance. Legacy was landslide of the second breath. I assume it'll become the typical choice for sword specs.

My uberset. I geared for saves, str/dex, and then health. Would have liked to put some blademaster gloves and spiderskin leggings to use, but I'm happy. Skin of snow leopard is overpowered. I took on some stupid odds with this set, but that's the only justification for having gear like this.

<1051/1051hp 356/356m 654/744mv> 19053tnl You are using:
<worn on finger> a bloodstone ring
<worn on finger> a bloodstone ring
<worn around neck> (Invis) a ruby-encrusted collar
<worn around neck> (Glowing) (Humming) the amulet of Ares
<worn on body> the hide of the Ancient White Dragon
<worn on head> an ogre-horned helm
<worn on face> a primitive fertility mask
<worn on legs> serpent-scale leggings
<worn on feet> firewalker boots
<worn on hands> gauntlets of ogre power
<worn on arms> (Humming) a pair of strange bracers
<worn about body> a skin from the snow leopard
<worn about waist> (Glowing) an ulrician belt
<worn around wrist> an oddly shaped glass bracelet
<worn around wrist> (Invis) (Glowing) the Bracelet of Bifrost
<wielded> a long sword named 'HumanSunder'
<dual wield> a long sword named 'HumanSunder'

Goodbyes.

Blades

Faeras. I love you man. You convinced me to play an Imperial when I was Malfikar. So I had to roll one. Keep on kickin bra.

Hukalon. You know I loved you.

Demoli. You were my competition. I liked you, but Birkota couldn't. Have fun man.

Divine

Xelilgu. You were there for me forever. It was great having a healer with me, especially in ranking. I was afraid at some point that we might get busted for supposed permagrouping.

Quhmnari. Wish I could have stayed to go to Thar Acacia. Great job.

Haaslett. You do some cool stuff alone. I wish you would do more of it. Be agressive without the entourage.

Xehlaell. Heh.

Shadow

Menzaen. My boy. I almost bashed you a few times just to get a point across. If I have something, it's not yours. Stick it to 'em man.

Darthiel. Weak.

Rheredor. I liked what you did from a player's perspective, but I seriously would have nailed you the first time you stepped out of the shadows in front of me.

Black

Screw the Russians.

Maran

Ugh, Lariya. I rolled what you are a few weeks ago. Hope you do well. Rehmorez, be cool. Sarkarian, I really respected you as a player. You have fun, and it shows. Aemelius...well, you're not worth more than this line. Oshubacyl, cool character. Paladins. Bleh. None of you stand out. A lot of your virtues are 'the suck'. Good job Pupmancur. Vorondel, I can't believe your spells nailed me like that through my saves.

Battle

Legedri, do it to them.

Warlock

Who?

Tribunal

Never interacted.

Sylvan

None of you stand out.

Scarab

I hope you do well Garguza. Way to stick to your guns in game.

Imms

Thanks Khaso. Other than a promotion, I didn't interact with any of you. I didn't try to, either.

It was time to put giant sword spec #16 to bed. I'll be around. Enjoy.

The Forsaken

ValguarneraSat 12-Jul-03 08:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19078, "RE: Wtb."
In response to Reply #1

Never practiced anything but drive to 85%. I'm satisfied with the learning changes. My skill percentages were overly kosher, all expect flurry. But it's always a nuissance.

Yup. Flurry's still difficult. I didn't mess with the base difficulty of much of anything.

It's been good to see that a number of the characters "born" under the new system seem like they're ending up with pretty high percentages. It's not "rows of 100% in everything", but all the skills people use often are high despite pretty fast level/hours ratios. And I'm seeing a lot less "mash 400,000 goblins into paste", which I hope means a higher fun/hours ratio.

Thanks for the feedback.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Menzaen (Guest)Sun 13-Jul-03 01:29 AM

#19083, "Heh"
In response to Reply #1

Those were my bracers dammit. I even looked at Sarkarian to pick out what to loot when he died, so you didn't get it. Somehow I missed that he had on my bracers. They will always be my bracers

As for the rest...I was a bit torn on how to react to you post-anathema. As a player, and to an extent, as Menzaen, I really respected what you did for me. On the other hand...I'll just say your deletion saves me some thought. If you're terribly curious, you can e-mail me at dlinz@email.unc.edu.

Haaaslett (Guest)Sun 13-Jul-03 01:36 AM

#19084, "Shame what happened to you"
In response to Reply #1

Well, Haaslett liked Birkota for the msot part, as much as he likes any "blade." The one thing i liked most was how you liked to go and hunt on your own, that was good. I would do it more often, except you typically don't find anyone walking alone these days. I've offered a number of duels to people, and they decline. With the losses the Empire has had lately, i've traveled quite a bit alone. My problem is keeping someone in the fight long enough, though I have my ways of making sure they end up dead even if I don't hit them with the last blow. GOod work, luck wit hthe next.

Haaslett

Faeras. (Guest)Sun 13-Jul-03 11:27 PM

#19131, "Well, Damn."
In response to Reply #1

Can't believe you aided an Anathema

Never would have guessed you were Malfikar, either. I can spot a Forsaken, but not this time

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19076 Previous topic | Next topic