Subject: "My departure and thanks" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18065
Show all folders

VynmylakWed 04-Jun-03 02:16 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18065, "My departure and thanks"

It’s with mixed emotions I send this to the staff and playerbase of CarrionFields. I have recently accepted a new position of responsibility within my professional life, one requiring 75% of my time being spent in Chennai and New Delhi, India, and separated from my home and family in Arizona. What time I will have in the States, I will be spending with my wife and family, leaving little time for what my wife has for years called “the other woman” – CarrionFields.

I have been fortunate to have experienced this virtual world since the First Age, starting with and still remembering the awe and wonder of playing a neutral giant named HighTower who would be handed the mortal leadership of the Knights of Thera after Jaragh. Character upon character, lives upon lives, I have been able to live through this “game”, and each time I have been amazed at the talent behind the game administration and the people who really make this place live – the players. I want to thank everyone I’ve ever had the opportunity with which to interact. This place is truly amazing when you look at the diversity of nationalities, cultures, education levels, professions, ages and other factors that help bring unique perspectives and playstyles to life. I feel like I leave a whole community of text-based blood addicts, and a number of you that I would consider “family.”

After allowing Vyn to walk into the sunset, so to speak, I had planned on continuing interacting with folks on a larger scale with a different immortal character. Unfortunately, things change and I won’t be able to make the contributions to the world of CarrionFields that is deserved and expected. That being said, the only regret I have is not to see this come to be as I’d hoped to have some fun as well as providing the same.

To the Immortal Staff: Thank you very much for allowing me the opportunities you did. The integrity and professionalism I saw displayed on a daily basis made me proud to be counted among you. Particularly, Shokai, Arvam, Yanoreth and Valguarnera: You all helped me the most, and I thank you for all you did. I’ll miss the times up in the Gathering Room, and for your constant assistance.

To the PlayerBase: Too many to cite individually, but thank you. You truly are what made this game come alive for me, and with the exception of a few times, I think every character of white text flying on my screen was worth reading.

Anyway, enough sentimental stuff for one night. Thanks everyone. It was a fun, great ride!

-- Vyn

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You rat fink SOB bastard!, Arvam, 25-Jun-03 02:26 AM, #17
Reply RE: My departure and thanks, Abthalok (Guest), 13-Jun-03 07:20 AM, #16
Reply arr, yogor sad, Yogor (Guest), 10-Jun-03 10:11 AM, #15
Reply RE: My departure and thanks, Ulthur, 10-Jun-03 08:25 AM, #14
Reply You will be missed., Jhanderin (Guest), 10-Jun-03 03:12 AM, #13
Reply RE: My departure and thanks, Darmok et al. (Guest), 09-Jun-03 11:21 AM, #12
Reply RE: My departure and thanks, karun (Guest), 09-Jun-03 08:48 AM, #11
Reply damnit!, shokai, 05-Jun-03 09:15 PM, #10
Reply who's going to bless my practice weapons now? heh, Lydian (Guest), 05-Jun-03 03:29 PM, #9
Reply Good luck with everything, Balrahd_ (Guest), 05-Jun-03 02:31 PM, #8
Reply Ouchie..., Charlie Sheen, 04-Jun-03 04:12 PM, #7
Reply RE: My departure and thanks, Fahnrore, 04-Jun-03 01:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: My departure and thanks, Khasotholas, 04-Jun-03 08:46 AM, #5
Reply Good luck out there,, Yaofhil, 04-Jun-03 07:49 AM, #4
Reply kinda figured., Bajula, 04-Jun-03 07:43 AM, #3
Reply What the...?, Narissa, 04-Jun-03 03:37 AM, #2
Reply Curses!, Valguarnera, 04-Jun-03 03:36 AM, #1

ArvamWed 25-Jun-03 02:26 AM
218 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18717, "You rat fink SOB bastard!"
In response to Reply #0

Aw man...sorry to see you go. You were good to have up there. It was cool having another real old school knight up there. I dug Vyn, and I dug all the other chars you had I've had interactions with. I could ramble on and on here, but I won't. Good job...hope you come back to pay your other woman some attention. I mean come on, you gave her some good lovin, she'll be wantin some more!

Good luck though with your family, and the new position and everything.

Abthalok (Guest)Fri 13-Jun-03 07:20 AM

#18448, "RE: My departure and thanks"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I'm not happy to see you go, but it sounds like its for all the right reasons. Thanks for all the fun, and good luck with the new employment.

Yogor (Guest)Tue 10-Jun-03 10:11 AM

#18220, "arr, yogor sad"
In response to Reply #0

Good luck man. Thanks for the encouragement with a very frustrating char, I had fun sounding the clarion while I could. Take care and see you in the fields, maybe.

UlthurTue 10-Jun-03 08:25 AM
44 posts
#18219, "RE: My departure and thanks"
In response to Reply #0

Well damn, I was hoping to make a character to follow whatever incarnation you were coming back as. I really enjoyed having you around when I was playing Ulthur, you'll be missed. That must be quite a job, to make it worth being away from your family for that length of time, I hope it goes well. Come back and visit!

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Jhanderin (Guest)Tue 10-Jun-03 03:12 AM

#18210, "You will be missed."
In response to Reply #0

Aww I remember battling Vynmylak as a mort and I remember you being the one who made me an Acolyte. Thanks man.

And since it highschool yearbook season**

Thanks for all the memories!

**Disclaimer: Not in high school

Darmok et al. (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 11:21 AM

#18170, "RE: My departure and thanks"
In response to Reply #0

I've had a lot of tattoos and various immteractions over the years and I cannot think of any that were significantly better than yours. I had a lot of fun with Darmok both being young and first talking to you, then earning the tattoo over the years and then the final conversation where you took it away. You still had the serious accent then, but I never had difficulty understanding you. I liked that you would send little echos every now and then just to sort of say "hi, I'm around". Things like that make a big difference.

Good luck with everything and thanks for the fun.

Darmok et al.

karun (Guest)Mon 09-Jun-03 08:48 AM

#18165, "RE: My departure and thanks"
In response to Reply #0

Thank you for numerous empowerments. And thank you for making me Maran and that dream i had. Was fun to interact with you for many ages. I know you will be back! There is a life even in New Dali

shokaiThu 05-Jun-03 09:15 PM
519 posts
#18108, "damnit!"
In response to Reply #0

Maran imm #2 slot is a cursed position I tell ya. Damn chief, you'll be missed. I'd spin some of my favorite moments with you, but they stretch back to running around as mortals back in the Knight cabal. I wish you the best man, teach your rugrats to play CF...they've got the genes for it

I'd say more but, I'm not feeling overly rambly. Thanks for all your help, hard work, and ideas. I dug it, and I don't think people realise that without you (and all you other Maran #2's since the cabal went live) the cabal wouldn't be half of what it is today. Kudos man.

Lydian (Guest)Thu 05-Jun-03 03:29 PM

#18095, "who's going to bless my practice weapons now? heh"
In response to Reply #0

hey it was great having you around. It's too bad to hear about you moving so far away, but hey as they said there's internet there too. All I can say is listen to your family if things start stressing, you might want to move back here. One of my family learned that the hard way. Anyway you were a great addition to the cf community and you will be missed.

Balrahd_ (Guest)Thu 05-Jun-03 02:31 PM

#18094, "Good luck with everything"
In response to Reply #0

Not much else to say but that it was fun, and Have Fun. (and be careful of PKs while taking out the trash.)

And I think you should take up creative writing as a hobby - I don't know why, but you always struck me as someone who'd make an interesting writer.

Charlie SheenWed 04-Jun-03 04:12 PM
25 posts
#18088, "Ouchie..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn, what a great player and more importantly a great person. I hope everything goes well with your new job and all that jazz, you'll truely be missed. You really did contribute more to CF then I could ever imagine to write down here and I for one would like to thank you for all of your hard work. I'd just like to echo what Valg said: "Don't be a stranger."

Ryan.

*opinions are like assholes, everyone has one*

FahnroreWed 04-Jun-03 01:58 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2003
94 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#18079, "RE: My departure and thanks"
In response to Reply #0

Damn! I thought you were just taking a break or coming back as a new Fortress Imm. But I had the feeling that you were gonna leave a while ago and then you disappeared. Bah, I loved following you. I already mentioned this but my interactions with you were probably the best I've had on CF. Great job...you made CF a better experience for me. And yes, there are computers in India *Wink*.

Drop me a link or something at oeticnutz@yahoo.com" target="_blank">Poeticnutz@yahoo.com

Fahnrore

"Smokey my friend, you are entering a world of pain."

KhasotholasWed 04-Jun-03 08:46 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18070, "RE: My departure and thanks"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't get to see you all that much, with different hours, and that's a shame. Really enjoyed your roleplay, and your style of imm. I think you did a great job. Could always tell from posts on Battlefield and ect that morts thought so highly of you. Good luck with whatever you do, and don't drink the water.

Khas

YaofhilWed 04-Jun-03 07:49 AM
40 posts
#18069, "Good luck out there,"
In response to Reply #0

It's certainly sad to see you go, more specifically Vynmylak. He was a great mortal friend and immortal patron. I could count on great roleplay when I was in the room with him, and I'm sure the same goes for any other characters you had. I know what you mean about CF being 'the other woman', though. It can be 'the other' of a lot of things. Good luck with work/family/etc. You'll be missed.

Lanaulyn/Karhon/Yaofhil

BajulaWed 04-Jun-03 07:43 AM
929 posts
#18068, "kinda figured."
In response to Reply #0

one of the briefest but most interesting interactions i had was with khelednala, what possessed you to empower me that early anyway??
was real fun, had a blast, never saw you much after the 25th level thingy (an appointment for which i was early many times, and then never made it too later due to a vacation or something on your end.)
vyn was cool. all those new roles waiting in the wings out the window now.
oops gotta run. grandkids a callin.
have fun in india.
If it comes down to paycheck or family, take the family, it is by far the better choice. (this coming from a guy who after a 10 yr. marriage with about of it away got divorced for too much time apart.)

NarissaWed 04-Jun-03 03:37 AM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
#18067, "What the...?"
In response to Reply #0

If I could write down my frustration here, I'll do it. And probably fill so much space that the other threads will be in queue so that no one can post to your farewell. You mean you can get away after the canoewhacking thingy? Just like that - scot-free? Bah! *shakes her fists*

The point is I don't want to see you go. RL is the worst enemy of CF. I'm sure we are going to miss you and your contributions. You'll be back, yes? Yes?

ValguarneraWed 04-Jun-03 03:36 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18066, "Curses!"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I was a little anxious about this after some recent conversations about your time getting pinched, and all the job offers you've been entertaining. I'm glad you had fun "upstairs", and you brought a lot of maturity, creativity, and humor to the staff, along with a steady source of immteraction and leadership in your dealings with mortals.

Psst. They have the Internet in New Delhi and Chennai. (They even have the Internet on computers these days!) Don't be a stranger, you.

May you avoid your new job's equivalent of the Arv-chive. *bow*

Vynmylak says 'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #18065 Previous topic | Next topic