Subject: "(AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16378
Show all folders

Gastaad (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 02:07 AM

#16378, "(AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"

Well all I can truly say is that I had a really good time with this character. Imms you did an excellent job with the thiefy thief class. Due to ooc circumstances beyond my control I needed to play a char that could just camp out and go afk at a moments notice so I thought I would try my hand as a thief. And I think as far as stealing thieves go I did a pretty good job. I tried to play the role of a non-combatant and I wasn't overly concerned with trying to kill other people and of course I tried to avoid being killed but I didn't really care too much if someone did slay me unless they ganked my clothing.

This is a long goodbye note and I am sure I will forget a lot of people but here goes.

Imms:

Whoever controlled the Ashamorad mob that I sold stuff too, thanks for takin the time to do that. I tried contacting you again but it never worked out.

Niryaza: Thanks for always taking the time out to talk to me about whatever.

Iunna: Thanks for lifting the ban off me so that I could have my event at the eternal star. Turns out it was my last big thing.

Scar: Thanks for the hell trip. Been there a buncha times before but it is always exciting.

And thanks to everyone else for running the game. Any feedback would be appreciated.

TRIBUNALS:

Jesrelres: HAH! You are welcome. We knew each other forever.
From Magistrate to Provincial to Provost. I liked you. Cant really say enough how much I enjoyed talkin to you about things that ranged from simple to profound.

Nirumas: It is truly obscene the amount of stuff I stole in town. Yet my first and ONLY flag came from you At level 20 or something.

Jamain: It was fun to finely have a magistrate who wanted me dead. I was so cozy with everyone else that it made things interesting for awhile. And damn! You can power rank with the best of em.

Futaleufu: Not sure what happened to you at the end but we had some fun times. We really needed you on that inferno trip.

SYLVAN: ARGH. The war between us was a big misunderstanding. And it never should have snowballed into that bloody mess.

Griimbling: I stole your headdress and ate your scepter!

Eclinsan and Cardiel: Thanks for taking the time to be civil. I hoped I helped out the grove with what I did.

Iell: I hated you. But I am sure you had your reasons. No hard feelings.

TROUPE: With all the time I spent at the inn I kind of thought of myself as an honorary herald.

Shiluzar: Never really knew what I thought of you. You were always kind but to this day I still do not know what your intentions were.

Lynnette: I think I stole more from you than anyone else. Sorry you were just an easy target. But you got your revenge that one day when you hunted me down with your eagle form.

Airael: I never stole from you I dont think. But I swear if you had ever let that duck outta your hands I woulnd't have thought twice about relieving you of it.

Scion:

Jhaelryna: We had a few talks but I never got to speak to you as much as I wanted.

Alarin: Heh. Yep it was me. But I lied enough to make you think otherwise, no? Didn't know you were a scion when I stole all that stuff from you.

Darian: You intrigued me. Never knew what to think of you. Hope that alchemy thing is fun for you.

VILLAGERS:

Sayangu: We got off to a bad start but then we seemed to iron things out when we both realized that we had a common enemy.

Gre: I dont think you ever trusted me. I never stole from you. Well not much as least. I wrote a riddle about you for my riddle contest.

NEXUS: My best customers and I never took a single thing from any of you, I dont think.

Punblinpo: You already know how I feel about you. You were by far my oldest and best friend outside the guild.

Erinphalis & Sokoerker: I hoped you enjoyed our little business transactions. I stil remember the first time I came to the rift to peddle my goods and how paranoid you two were acting when I came to the outer guardian.

FORTRESS: My source of income! Hey it's not my fault Gaidin medallions and shimmering blades are worth so much

Yaofhil: We only had one conversation of note but it was by far one of the best conversations I ever had with anyone. Learned about your history, goals, mithril mining etc in a fun and animated conversation. Good job, excellent char. You chump!

Lruthlor: Heh. I think I robbed you just for your reaction. Shouldnt carry so much neat-o stuff around if you dont want it yanked.

Siorgriend: Excellent paladin. So honorable it disgusted me.

IMPERIALS?: You formed Gastaad in the latter part of his life.

Zekasiq: My arch nemesis. I dont think I need to get to detailed you know what I was about. And I hope there is a mutual respect between us as enemies.

Thorn: Ouch! Treat me like that even after I sold that mask to you?

WARLOCKS: Didn't know any of you but robbed you often.

And last but certainly not least..

THE GALADON THIEF GUILD:

Aneriasha: Wow. We went through a lot. We went from biting each others heads off to being sweet on each other to biting each others heads off again. Gonna leave my email down at the bottom. You were a constant in the guild. Thanks for everything good and bad you helped make Gastaad what he was.

Moligant: Always there for me from the very very beginning. Hero already!

Nycoe: You taught me a lot. Tried to RP with you many a time but you never seemed interested. Thanks for all that you taught me.

Sabiene: My true friend in the guild. I knew you would always be there no matter what and that what you told me was always true. I really liked your role.

Llylandria: Your secret is safe with me even in death. I hope the converse is true.

Seinmolis: My resident master poisoner. I loved your role I thought you were very very well hashed out and you were always receptive to my roleplay and I yours.

Drelun: The "skill" we talked about is your friend. Embrace it. Love it.

Alarin: I remember way back when. When Sabiene and I were both poor and we scraped together the coins so that you could pay your dues to the guild. I was truly surprised when I found out what path you took within the thief guilds. Hehe you know which incident I speak of.

Nafae: Knifin fool! You were walking death.

Sebastiano: We had some intriguing plots together. Where ya been?

Melikar: I wonder what would have become of us had you not died from that sword.

Malinran: I plotted for so long to have you blackballed for not being able to keep a secret. I had a very intricate plot to do it but then I just got bored and frustrated because everyone was so skeptical so I just did it.

Yilish: No hard feelings. But when I had the power to prevent someone from gear hoarding I couldnt resist.

Daxion: Get your feet of the dad gum table!

All the other thieves: Thanks for the fun

I am possitive that I am forgetting some very important chars, sorry if I did I knew too many people.

Peace

Gastaad

aka Dave

dsigua@yahoo.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply *growl*, Nycoe (Guest), 12-Apr-03 07:29 PM, #39
Reply Can you please please please post more logs of you stea..., Fan (Guest), 29-Mar-03 05:59 PM, #37
Reply Just the ramblings of a Sylvan fan., Boldereth, 29-Mar-03 02:36 AM, #36
Reply Very good points and I have always agreed with this, Gastaad (Guest), 04-Apr-03 03:28 AM, #38
Reply Good job., Shil (Guest), 29-Mar-03 12:41 AM, #35
Reply Nice work, Maelth (Guest), 26-Mar-03 12:00 PM, #34
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Brethok (Guest), 24-Mar-03 08:30 PM, #32
Reply You're a bad bad man chief., Navarro (Guest), 24-Mar-03 05:40 PM, #26
Reply I liked your emotes, Anal_Retentive, 24-Mar-03 05:50 PM, #27
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Airael (Guest), 24-Mar-03 04:09 PM, #25
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Karel, 24-Mar-03 03:44 PM, #24
Reply Farewell to the king of Thieves!!, Lruthlor (Guest), 24-Mar-03 03:33 PM, #22
Reply About that shot I took at you, Anal_Retentive, 24-Mar-03 06:15 PM, #28
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Sabiene, 24-Mar-03 02:37 PM, #20
Reply You were by far.., Anal_Retentive, 24-Mar-03 06:21 PM, #29
Reply Good job, Alarin (Guest), 24-Mar-03 02:20 PM, #18
Reply RE: Good job, Sabiene, 24-Mar-03 02:28 PM, #19
Reply You Dirty Son of a bitch, Althusan (Guest), 24-Mar-03 01:33 PM, #16
Reply Sorry bro, Gastaad (Guest), 24-Mar-03 02:11 PM, #17
Reply How could you forget me? Thanks for the fun times!, Xandrya Eulav (Guest), 24-Mar-03 01:24 PM, #15
Reply I really felt bad at times, Gastaad (Guest), 24-Mar-03 06:47 PM, #30
     Reply Yep I sure did..., Xandrya, 25-Mar-03 04:37 PM, #33
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Drelun (Guest), 24-Mar-03 12:55 PM, #12
Reply Not even a mention., Farnsworth (Guest), 24-Mar-03 11:42 AM, #11
Reply See! I said I would forget important people, Gastaad (Guest), 24-Mar-03 02:57 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Moligant (Guest), 24-Mar-03 08:55 AM, #10
Reply I really like you but.., Gastaad (Guest), 24-Mar-03 06:53 PM, #31
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Siorgriend, 24-Mar-03 05:45 AM, #8
Reply Well i was hoping you wouldnt die ...just yet., Malinran (Guest), 24-Mar-03 05:08 AM, #6
Reply RE: Well i was hoping you wouldnt die ...just yet., Gastaad (Guest), 24-Mar-03 05:28 AM, #7
Reply Good Job, Guildmember (Guest), 24-Mar-03 01:18 PM, #13
Reply Simply Amazing...., LoL (Guest), 24-Mar-03 01:22 PM, #14
     Reply I didnt say it wasnt good RP, just not what Malinran wa..., Malinran (Guest), 24-Mar-03 03:36 PM, #23
Reply sighs, erinphaliss (Guest), 24-Mar-03 04:10 AM, #5
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Zekasiq (Guest), 24-Mar-03 03:35 AM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon, Gastaad (Guest), 24-Mar-03 06:30 AM, #9
Reply I knew it was you., Alarn ALARN (Guest), 24-Mar-03 03:19 AM, #2
Reply RE: I knew it was you., Lynorlimna (Guest), 24-Mar-03 03:45 AM, #4
Reply You chump, Yaofhil, 24-Mar-03 02:37 AM, #1

Nycoe (Guest)Sat 12-Apr-03 07:29 PM

#16882, "*growl*"
In response to Reply #0

You caught me in bad timing a lot. I'm always on the move. Didnt expect someone else in the guild to age again after Melikar.

Fan (Guest)Sat 29-Mar-03 05:59 PM

#16512, "Can you please please please post more logs of you stea..."
In response to Reply #0

n/t

BolderethSat 29-Mar-03 02:36 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
197 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16506, "Just the ramblings of a Sylvan fan."
In response to Reply #0

SYLVAN: ARGH. The war between us was a big misunderstanding. And it never should have snowballed into that bloody mess.

- A sylvan and a Galadonian Kingpin or Galadonian thief at all don't seem a likely sort to get along. Whether it be all out war, extreme rudeness or just a very tenuous peace treaty, I always took it as *horrid* RP for a Sylvan to be great friends with someone so "linked" to the cities as a thief. In a way, it would be like a Lawful Neutral Tribunal getting along with a Rager berserker. Sure they don't break the law a ton necessarily, but they have no qualms about it and teeter on the edge of chaos far too often. Similarly, a thief in the guild seeking leadership of the guild may not be a Tribunal, but they have a deal worked out *with* the Tribunals and certainly take advantage of the cities that Sylvans loathe with every fiber of their being. The other part being that Sylvans are savage wolves, not diplomats, I can easily view them more having the urge to spit on you or slay you on sight then bother negotiating with you since "they aren't diplomats".

Just my 2 cents.

Gastaad (Guest)Fri 04-Apr-03 03:28 AM

#16637, "Very good points and I have always agreed with this"
In response to Reply #36

I too think it is faulty roleplay for a sylvan to have a treaty with a thief but there was something that we both desperately wanted that was the cause of having a truce.

The thing I never liked about sylvan is that the rp is not consistent. I understand that they are wild creatures and do not have a set rule that they all abide by and I would not expect them to either.

But here is the thing...

IMHO

A sylvan should attack an assassin or a thief on sight. Those two classes are the epitomy of society. Both are creations of civilization.

And dwarves! I tried to bring this topic up in rp with sylvans but I never got a satisfying answer. Let me explain...

The very core of dwarf society involves defiling nature. Stripping away at a mountain to unearth metals is something that is nothing short of an evironmental catastrophe. When I brought that up to a sylvan the answer I got was "Not all dwarves are miners" I took that to mean that they agreed with my idea but werent going to start attacking dwarves because not all dwarves are miners. BUT BUT sylvans attack people for affiliating with drow and duergars......hmm. I think the chances of finding a dwarf who never affiliated with his dwarven mining kin would be slim to none.

In retrospect this probably should have gone on the gameplay board.

Shil (Guest)Sat 29-Mar-03 12:41 AM

#16503, "Good job."
In response to Reply #0

Shiluzar: Never really knew what I thought of you. You were always kind but to this day I still do not know what your intentions were.

Good, you shouldn't trust drow. She didn't trust Gastaad either, mainly because she gets things stolen from her all the time.

Too bad you age-died. I was hoping to start getting into business talks and dirty business RP.

Maybe I will reveal the intentions later.

Maelth (Guest)Wed 26-Mar-03 12:00 PM

#16459, "Nice work"
In response to Reply #0

I always enjoyed hanging around you, mainly because you were such a sneaky bastard in the good-boy guise. I often wondered why you didn't completely clean me out (or maybe I just never noticed). It was fun clothes-shopping

Good work, great thief, etc.

Brethok (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 08:30 PM

#16411, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #0

Fun interaction with you and Aner. Thanks and have a good one.

Navarro (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 05:40 PM

#16405, "You're a bad bad man chief."
In response to Reply #0

Was fun for the brief encounters there chief.

Anal_RetentiveMon 24-Mar-03 05:50 PM
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16406, "I liked your emotes"
In response to Reply #26

Tipping your cap and having coins spill out. In my opinion there will always be a place in CF for the chars who provide comic relief.

Airael (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 04:09 PM

#16404, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #0

Haha the duck. Way to age die like that btw. Sorry I wasnt around to say my last goodbyes and all. Gastaad was cool. See you soon in the afterlife!

KarelMon 24-Mar-03 03:44 PM
569 posts
#16403, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed what interaction we had, and considering the rather quick run I had (yes, sword killed me, but I knew it would anyway, was just fun)I'd say we got on rather well...except maybe me disagreeing having to pay another thief for killing him in self-defense, but that was the only point. You were my favorite tailor, even if you never got past the measurements.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Lruthlor (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 03:33 PM

#16401, "Farewell to the king of Thieves!!"
In response to Reply #0

Hahah I used to laugh my ass off everytime your hands rifled me.

Probably just about everything you ever pinched Lruth would have given to you had you asked, it was the principle of being robbed that irked him. Lost count of the number of times I gave people things and watched chagrined as they put them on and they crumbled.

Good job on a well played thief though, glad you like me responses I tried to keep them interesting, although I was rather suprised that one time you took a shot at me on the Eastern road, never got to speak with you about that.

Anal_RetentiveMon 24-Mar-03 06:15 PM
52 posts
#16407, "About that shot I took at you"
In response to Reply #22

You were one of the quickest movers I ever encountered and you often had nofollow on. I lurked in your shadows as much as I possibly could to try and "apply my craft" but you often moved too quickly. It was only certain times when you stopped to try and summon someone or were with another that I was able to pick your things. And for the most part it was never good enough for me to just STEAL something I wanted to counterfeit too. To me that was success. Not just getting what I wanted, but to also complete the deception. Later on when I started realizing that whenever someone found a counterfeit item they immediately pointed a finger at me I changed my tactics and was more straightforward i.e jack and steal just so they might think it was a thief with less finesse. That was the reason for me trying to jack you on eastern..imagine my surprise. heh

BTW about 50% of my prizes at my riddle contest were from you and that elf bard (the name escapes me at the moment). I know I made a truce with the fortress but you guys werent doing enough about my imperial problems so I decided to break it. You guys dallied on the the eastern road for far far too long.

SabieneMon 24-Mar-03 02:37 PM
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16399, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #0

Heh. You were a lot of fun to work with, although I was mildly frustrated OOC as I know from experience that few to none of our plans will go anywhere. Not such a great problem for me though in a way since if Sabiene is anything, it's a head-in-the-clouds idealist. I started to have more to do with the guild later on, especially after the first crash of the village population. It was a lot of fun, and hope I see you around sometime, even if I don't know it I've always tried to RP the "thief who isn't really a thief" and my interactions with the guild helped highlight that. Thanks

- Sabby

Anal_RetentiveMon 24-Mar-03 06:21 PM
52 posts
#16408, "You were by far.."
In response to Reply #20

the only thief in the guild that I knew I could trust with not strings attached. I wish you could have been more involved but I understand how cabal duties often get in the way of many things. One of the better roleplayers in the guild and I think you epitomized what it means to be a "lightwalker" without making it scream in your face obvious i.e constantly talking about how good/pure/chaste you are or talking about the destruction of evil and what not. You did a very good job of being the passive pure heart. Furthermore, you were a multi-dimensional character. Very few people can pull that off.

Alarin (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 02:20 PM

#16397, "Good job"
In response to Reply #0

Well, other than the char of Alarin disagreeing with the Kingpin over certain blackballed members, Alarin liked you. He also likes the guild, but wouldn't go against it to save a magic using thief. Anyway, good job with everythin...except for spelling that scion's name the same as mine. I'm sure its confusing!

good luck with the next,
Alarin

SabieneMon 24-Mar-03 02:28 PM
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16398, "RE: Good job"
In response to Reply #18

Now you know how it was with me and Sabrian only you and Alarn's name are even MORE similar (even I mess them up at times) and we were both thieves. Wierd, eh?

Althusan (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 01:33 PM

#16395, "You Dirty Son of a bitch"
In response to Reply #0

I was real, real pissed OOC when you blackballed me,
mainly because I was beginning to enjoy the character
and started to come into his roleplay. I get the whole
lying asshole kingpin thing but I was always under the
assumption blackballing isn't anathaema. You don't blackball
because you don't like someone. I thought about trying
to go elsewhere, maybe starting another guild or something,
but that just wasn't Althusan to do it. Thanks for killing a character. I'm still curious to know why you really blackballed
me, if it was a dislike for me, or my roleplay or what.

No Hard Feelings Anyways
Althusan

Gastaad (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 02:11 PM

#16396, "Sorry bro"
In response to Reply #16

Email me if you want to know. I really liked you.

dsigua@yahoo.com

Xandrya Eulav (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 01:24 PM

#16394, "How could you forget me? Thanks for the fun times!"
In response to Reply #0

Because of you Xandrya died of starvation early in life when you stole her knapsack full of food and she had no money to buy more. I was so new to CF at the time I had no idea what to do about it. (I think we were both around level 15 or so at the time) She hated you for a while because of that.

Later you apologized and gave her some nice things and we went ranking together with Zendyll. You were actually the first person, besides Zendyll, who ever really tried to teach her how to use her bard skills correctly and it really helped her a lot.

Still to this day I wonder how things would have turned out if she had decided to become Gastaad's ally rather than marry Kalmah (or maybe even might have been your girl). I think maybe she could have gotten rich that way and might have lived a lot longer.

That one night when Gastaad and Aneriasha and Kalmah and I were all talking in the Inn and Kalmah was starting to become an insulting war-monger type I kept sending him tells that if he wanted to make peace with you, he needed to stop being insulting and be a lot more diplomatic in his approach. It was really nice to find the note you penned to Xandrya apologizing for the name-calling. That was one of those times that I kind of regretted the choices I had made and my respect for Gastaad went up a lot.

I'm glad you lived a long and fun-filled life!

Roll up another one soon!

Gastaad (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 06:47 PM

#16409, "I really felt bad at times"
In response to Reply #15

I mean, I knew you were new and all but you really bit off a big nasty chunk of CF and my rp was anti-imperial because of their philosophy.

That day that you were to be married to Kalmah I started sweet talking you because I wanted to see if my thieving abilities could cross over to the intangible. I was hoping to steal the bride on Kalmah's wedding day. I never really "liked" Xandrya in that was IC, just thought it would have been an interesting conquest. But you shot me down like the lying and dirty scum that I was.

XandryaTue 25-Mar-03 04:37 PM
35 posts
#16444, "Yep I sure did..."
In response to Reply #30

Xandrya never really liked you in that way either. Before Zendyll died, he was the one I had my hopes pinned on. But I really think it would have been fun to ally Xandrya with the thieves. Maybe I'll try to play one someday. I had fun running around in the early days with you, Zendyll, Yilish, and Moligant just to name a few. I love the binder thieves skills they are so much fun to watch.

Drelun (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 12:55 PM

#16391, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #0

Was always fun to see you in game. You'll be missed by most.
For some reason I just felt you where going to be around a for a while longer so I was a bit surprised to see you gone. Good luck with your next run on CF!

- Drelun

PS
Watch your pockets.

Farnsworth (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 11:42 AM

#16390, "Not even a mention."
In response to Reply #0

We had an interesting relationship, I thought. It was clear you were stealing all the time in galadon but without any proof there was nothing I could do. Given that, and given the goods it would give you, it seemed only smart to be on good terms. I never feared you, particularly once I became vindicator and could see you anywhere, but I had a healthy respect for the number of people you could likely gather if you chose to take a shot.

Always in character, always looking for the angle best suited to your guild, always enjoyable. And age death, that's very respectable as well.

Good luck in the future.

Gastaad (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 02:57 PM

#16400, "See! I said I would forget important people"
In response to Reply #11

We spent a decent amount of time talking. I tried to ally with all of the spire because they were the ones protecting "my city".

That trip to the inferno was cool except for my untimely demise and I think all of those gifts that I gave you came from unsuspecting travelers within the city walls of Galadon.

>We had an interesting relationship, I thought. It was clear you >were stealing all the time in galadon but without any proof there >was nothing I could do.

Yes, thank goodness the laws dont seem to be up for debate because if they were I would likely have been marked a very bad criminal.

As for you the player I think you are great. Your creations and mine always seem to have interesting relationships that always seem to keep me on my toes. Darmok was the reason I started my little war with the imperials. And I think I really pissed of Lobo when I was Phaistus and worded Brotmin away from a duel to the death. You and your characters make cf a better place.

Moligant (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 08:55 AM

#16389, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #0

Damn.

I knew this was coming but damn.

At least you went out with style.

So much I'd like to say but most of it would impact on IC stuff so I'll just say this.

I liked your character and you certainly deserved to be kingpin. Don't worry, as soon as two people travel with me I'll hero. Sheesh.

It was a fun ride, and I have even more good stuff to say but I hate getting all mushy and stuff.

How about coming back as a female and working at the Gapverdi-Copeham eh!

See you in the fields

Gastaad (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 06:53 PM

#16410, "I really like you but.."
In response to Reply #10

I never fully trusted you. Your loyalty to me came a bit too easily so towards the end I left you in the dark about a lot of things.

As for the Copeham Inn thing I thought that was a great idea and I hope you appreciated the ladies I sent your way when they wanted to somehow redeem themselves because they did something against the guild. Dont know if you ever talked to any of em though. You and I thought always had a lot of fun ideas that we wanted to implement in the guild. It would be kinda nice if the thieves had a full time imm to help oversee that because unlike the other guilds (i.e warrior, paladin, invoker) I honestly believed that we truly were a faction of our own similiar to that of a cabal.

SiorgriendMon 24-Mar-03 05:45 AM
Member since 09th Mar 2003
11 posts
#16387, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the compliment man. Sometimes its hard to tell if your doing a good job with a Paladin cos a lot of people try and shake you. Like it should be I guess. Great character! I really liked the old age thing you went with. Inspired me to change my description . I liked the way you didn't give a damn what people thought. You reminded of that old guy, geriatrix, out of the Astrix comics for some reason . Good luck with the next.

Malinran (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 05:08 AM

#16385, "Well i was hoping you wouldnt die ...just yet."
In response to Reply #0

Blackballing me for not keeping a secret and some other stuff (which i wont go into) is not part of the code. So you lied to the whole guild, basically making up some ####. The only bad part is that a blackballed thieves cant get back in without imm intervetion. I did however, appreciate that sneakiness about you. Its great that you were sneaky enough to get away with it. Dressing in that paper armor, i have to say was very good rp but poor combat capabilities.

From the way you went about things, and the things you said, i knew Gastaad was a compulsive liar and using the guild to basically do whatever he wanted. Blackballing for stupid reasons. Most thieves fell for it, the ones who didn't got blackballed, like Malinran.

Also blackballing someone (yilish) for the ooc reason of gear hoarding is just pathetic. Maybe he was like me, exams, personal life got in the way of CF.

Anyway, nice job and congrats for fooling most of the guild, and being loyal to almost everyone else except the guild...and getting away with it.

Gastaad (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 05:28 AM

#16386, "RE: Well i was hoping you wouldnt die ...just yet."
In response to Reply #6

>Dressing in that paper armor, i have to say was very
>good rp but poor combat capabilities.

I did not care about combat capabilities. I did not give a rat's pink ass about pk as I said before.

>From the way you went about things, and the things you said, i
>knew Gastaad was a compulsive liar and using the guild to
>basically do whatever he wanted. Blackballing for stupid
>reasons. Most thieves fell for it, the ones who didn't got
>blackballed, like Malinran.

When I was given control of the guild I was told I could either bring it to glory or destory it as I saw fit. Malinran couldnt keep a secret so I blackballed him, that's about all there is to it, not because you bought or didnt buy anything I was trying to sell to you rpwise. Furthermore, here is something that was constantly preached to me in my creative writing classes. You cant expect a reader to know what you as the author is trying to say . You as a player are Malinran's author. I had no idea what your character was about. I saw know redeeming qualities of him remaining in the guild hence your dismissal.

>Also blackballing someone (yilish) for the ooc reason of gear
>hoarding is just pathetic. Maybe he was like me, exams,
>personal life got in the way of CF.

Sorry if I led people to believe that Yilish was blackballed for gear hoarding. My sphere was pride. I was insulted. Nuff said.

>Anyway, nice job and congrats for fooling most of the guild,
>and being loyal to almost everyone else except the guild...and
>getting away with it.

Much of my role was based on how to make the guild better. Which to me meant getting rid of dead wood. I think I accomplished that.

Afterthought.

Too many people base this game on killing. And who can kill who and who can piss farther than that guy and so on and so on.
To me, good pk skills are like the engine in a Porsche. And RP is the Porsche body. The truly excellent people have both. I felt Punblinpo was one of the characters Yaofhil another just to name a few. But if I was forced to make a choice about which one I would rather have I would definitely pick the Porsche body, I mean for goodness sake I made a thiefy thief. But then again that is my prerogative. Gankers will still gank and rpers will still rp. Just have fun and remember it's a game.

Guildmember (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 01:18 PM

#16392, "Good Job"
In response to Reply #7

Real good job.
Don't listen to people like who insult ya, they don't know a thing about RPing.

You played a rogue who gained control of the Galadon's thieves guild. If he was doing things only for himself in the guild. GREAT! I mean he's a thief, not a paladin. Holy ####. It's honestly amazing that someone can say this was poor if you were doing that.

Yilish note was silly, he wrote it like it was a guild of warriors and things. This is again my point on people who don't get a clue on RPing. After reading that I was thinking, I'm glad he was booted.

People don't seem to get that, it's a -thieves- guild. Oh well.

Anyways again. Real good job!

LoL (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 01:22 PM

#16393, "Simply Amazing...."
In response to Reply #6

>From the way you went about things, and the things you said, i
>knew Gastaad was a compulsive liar and using the guild to
>basically do whatever he wanted. Blackballing for stupid
>reasons. Most thieves fell for it, the ones who didn't got
>blackballed, like Malinran.

Of course he was! I mean he is the leader of a crime organzation. Anyone with half a brain could have know this.

What you call people falling for it, it was people rping along with it. Simply amazing, stick with trying to PK, don't RP!

Malinran (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 03:36 PM

#16402, "I didnt say it wasnt good RP, just not what Malinran wa..."
In response to Reply #14

nt

erinphaliss (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 04:10 AM

#16384, "sighs"
In response to Reply #0

Well played man. Really. I enjoyed all interactions with you, and it was urzkoo not sokoerker. At any rate I really liked you in and out of character. I'm sad to see you go and hope you at least had fun.

Zekasiq (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 03:35 AM

#16381, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #0

Gastaad,

So much that I want to say, so much that needs to be said, but I don't want to reveal anything from IC that could be critical.

Needless to say, you did well as the Kingpin and really accomplished what I know you wanted to. Your counterfeiting and lying really annoyed me but hey, well done.

She's mine now.

Zek.

Gastaad (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 06:30 AM

#16388, "RE: (AGE) Gastaad Gaophan the Kingpin of Galadon"
In response to Reply #3

>So much that I want to say, so much that needs to be said, but
>I don't want to reveal anything from IC that could be
>critical.

Thanks for keeping things IC in game. A lot of people seem to have a problem with that. It nearly impossible to deal with intrigue and deception with all the ooc rumor mills backscratching that goes on. And I have many secrets that died with Gastaad that wont get repeated anywhere because they still relate to chars still living.

>Needless to say, you did well as the Kingpin and really
>accomplished what I know you wanted to. Your counterfeiting
>and lying really annoyed me but hey, well done.

Thanks, on all accounts. It is always nice having enemies who stick around.

>She's mine now.

Nah. I am gonna keep haunting her

Alarn ALARN (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 03:19 AM

#16380, " I knew it was you."
In response to Reply #0

I had an assassin groupmate at the time, so I did know it was you. You cast some doubt on it when you refuted it so strongly. I was 95% sure it was you, and I only apologized to try to get you off my back.

It seems I got the story that I told the other scions correct. You blackjacked me, stole from me, then realized I was a scion and tried to cover your ass by blaming me. It's a relief to see you dead, because as a new member of Scion, I was in for it if you became a problem.

Oh and that return potion you conterfeited didn't screw me over, though it could have.

PS. I ranked with you fairly extensively with two other characters, starting from around rank 15, so I knew you well. A good character, all around. Annoying as all #### sometimes, but what can you do.

Lynorlimna (Guest)Mon 24-Mar-03 03:45 AM

#16382, "RE: I knew it was you."
In response to Reply #2

I found it amusing you tried to lie. It was rather funny seeing Alarn second guess himself after I assured him that you were the one who jacked him. After that incident I always made sure I knew where you were when I was in galadon. I really didn't desire the bumpy head.

YaofhilMon 24-Mar-03 02:37 AM
40 posts
#16379, "You chump"
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed talking with you. It seemed everyone in the Fortress wanted to cut off your hands for this and that, but if you ever stole from me I didn't notice. Thanks for helping me look for that lake of ale too, that tip off about a certain bearded made things very interesting. Well done anyways, you at least made a name for yourself like any thief would want to. I always heard people on the cabal channel : Look out, Gastaad is awake, watch your things!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16378 Previous topic | Next topic