Subject: "Dimion is dead" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16077
Show all folders

BajulaWed 05-Mar-03 05:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16077, "Dimion is dead"

hehe i just spent 4 damn hours writing a post (due to pseudo-grandkids and crazy demanding needy girlfriend)
and its gone. i got so flustered by T.H.E.M. that i didn't cut and paste it to a text file just in case. grrrr.
anyway i will either redo it or not. in any case feel free to holler and i'll respond. and if i do redo it i am sure i will miss quite a few of ya. hehe.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Dimion is dead (next part.. imms), Bajula, 05-Mar-03 07:18 PM, #3
Reply RE: Dimion is dead (start of multi-part repost?), Bajula, 05-Mar-03 06:44 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Dimion is dead (start of multi-part repost?), Lardovian (Guest), 05-Mar-03 07:14 PM, #2
     Reply what ?!?! no drinks? i'm in heeeeeellllllll., Bajula, 05-Mar-03 07:21 PM, #4
     Reply Agreed, stxt, Romanul, 06-Mar-03 02:41 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Agreed, stxt, Bajula, 06-Mar-03 11:40 AM, #6
     Reply lsat part, no no really, Bajula, 06-Mar-03 01:14 PM, #7
     Reply nice job, Quid (Guest), 06-Mar-03 02:41 PM, #8
     Reply RE: nice job, Bajula, 06-Mar-03 03:50 PM, #9
          Reply yeah bad habit of mine it seems..., Quid (Guest), 06-Mar-03 05:24 PM, #10
               Reply RE: yeah bad habit of mine it seems..., Bajula, 06-Mar-03 06:45 PM, #11
     Reply Well ... how close did I come to having a go at you, Nightsteed, 06-Mar-03 10:51 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Well ... how close did I come to having a go at you, Bajula, 06-Mar-03 11:02 PM, #13
     Reply Real folk blues, Meladori (Guest), 10-Mar-03 04:14 AM, #14
          Reply RE: Real folk blues, Bajula, 10-Mar-03 06:52 AM, #15

BajulaWed 05-Mar-03 07:18 PM
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16080, "RE: Dimion is dead (next part.. imms)"
In response to Reply #0

okay having trouble starting here.
honestly i remember most of ya, but i have to say even if you didn't interact with me much, i appreaciated ever nod, growl, bow and spit.
if i don't bring you up in here is is that i don't remember you at this very moment.

everyone seems to start with imms so here goes.

Shokai: thanks for the empowerment, i never expected it.
never did learn enough about your religion, or the brigade.
everytime i wanted to talk to someone about it, there was a raid
or some guy stuck in an avalanche or something.
most of my prays were in emotes at the temple.
hope i didn't irritate you (or anyone else who was listening)
with the ones i did send up.

Arvam : you're funny man.

Bria: nice party was fun. couldn't figure out how to get to the last place.
meladori and i had a whole dance thing set up that we never got to do,
s(he)'s good at coming up with that stuff.

Intronan: heh really i paid respects at every altar i visited, and i fed the bird anytime i went thru to the present, though i completly understand cutting off the 'shortcut'

Thrakburzug: the cussing was for berintal and it was the first & last time i hard-cursed (other than ic damn/hell etc.) oh cf, well so far heh. i did get him, took me like 15-20 levels to do it but i got him as i said i would.

these others not so sure of spelling so i apologize now.
mayesha?: another enjoyable critter , i had been all set up for a follower of you after dim died, but you went first hehe.

cladriel? : never spoke with ya that i know of but were nice to me in the inn.

everyone else:
sorry didn't get to interact with ya.

called away again hehe. more later

BajulaWed 05-Mar-03 06:44 PM
929 posts
#16078, "RE: Dimion is dead (start of multi-part repost?)"
In response to Reply #0

yep finally.
here i think will be a shorter version of the post that didn't make it.
god so much time on that thing.

first empowerment type char, first hero, first pk (other than some guy who asked me to kill him cuz he couldn't find his body and couldn't get out of the maze we were in. heh. i don't think that counted.)
hell first char over 25th level.

reasons for odd quirks.
i have myself a psycho girlfriend, 3 pseudo-grandkids (i haven't married thier grandmother yet we are just engaged, silly me) i have to type one-handed much of the time (rocking the baby in a basinet-like thing. hence no caps) gods can ya imagine how long it would take to say anything with caps? jeez.
a one month old, two-year old and 4 year old.. eeeek. and i have a bad habit of playing from work, which won't get me in trouble (i get to play boss here) but when i am needed i don't have time to get out of the game so dim 'spaced' out alot. heh.

okay originally get this dimion was a drow ap heh. but while that sucked i could have gone farther with that one but dimion is child(son) of sadness in tolkien's elvish so i thought naaaah do an elf something.
got pk'd one last time and delete delete

i have yet to read my logs, saved em for after i was dead. i figure i will learn from them then. heh now ya know why i still couldn't find my way anywhere hehehe.

okay here we go. dim was a true fluke, i kept seeing 51 storm pallys, no elves not even at lower levels.
so i thought hrm they must be meat on a stick with a target engraved on em or something. let's try it.
my original role idea had to do with honor, and the sad knight in the emerald forest.
well i get on and while before there was some honor guy couldn't find one (shortly after i chose my sphere i see vyn in the wizlist hehe oops) ah well i redid my role in my head bad move. as it is garbage compared to the other one. which i'm gonna save and re-work at my leisure someday. hehe.

anyway the sad elf didn't smile or laugh or nothin til about late twenties or so. then the lil 'heh' or smirk or what-have-you came out, mostly when at the inn. hell all y'all were too funny not to.
meladori always made me smile.

Best moment: marriage to meladori. yeah that's right. in the last few minutes as a ghost after my final death (all three of em hehe)
favorite enemy: Berintal (y'all remember him?) the bastard.
favorite pal: wow lot of em here but of course it's meladori hands down, no offense everyone.
worst moment: with airael and i think it was esmi? in thar-acacia. killed a light elf guard (self-defense but brought on by MY stupidity,)
favorite item: as if the imms haven't figured this one out; sphere of darsylon
nothing like hitting a guy after you are dead.
even if it did piddly damage it always made me smile.

oh things from dimion:

yell Lardo! where's my drink?
say hey Esmi, Yaofhil says to tell ya that he loves ya.
wear ring
whisper Im mel le Meladori, remember the wind, and the rain.
giggle
drink wine
eat cake
drink (insert whatever lardo hands me) and repeat that last endlessly.

gotta go make a bottle. screamin baby. more on friends enemies and imms etc. later.
-Dimion

Lardovian (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-03 07:14 PM

#16079, "RE: Dimion is dead (start of multi-part repost?)"
In response to Reply #1

Har! So you're gone now aswell, eh?

I must say, I was impressed by Dimion. From the sheer number of times I got you out of some kind of trouble I thought you'd end up deleting before hitting the mid-thirties even

And no, I didn't work at the Inn even if some people might have seen it that way though befriending the two High Heralds at the time had it's advantages when it came to free drinks *cough* And hey! We should all share what we got, right?

Good luck with your next and all that. The first hero is usually the one you learn the most from since you have the potential to screw up so much more badly. After a while there's some things you just don't do

*tip*

Lardo

BajulaWed 05-Mar-03 07:21 PM
929 posts
#16081, "what ?!?! no drinks? i'm in heeeeeellllllll."
In response to Reply #2

heh anyway, didn't think you worked at the inn silly, but you had all the drinks up here so i heard.

as for learning, well that was the point right? i stuck my nose into places to see what was there. it just got bit off alot. what can i say?

RomanulThu 06-Mar-03 02:41 AM
114 posts
#16082, "Agreed, stxt"
In response to Reply #2

After each time I nailed you as Isyrion I thought you were going to delete, but nope. Props for sticking it out, I found that I learned a lot from my chars that died a lot and didn't learn that much from those that killed more. Good luck and whatnot with the next.

A few tips, join maran or don't forget those flight potions Casting word at the bar of the Eternal Star is not a good idea, I nailed you once like that cause I just ran to darsylon and intercepted you on the path.

Romanul.

BajulaThu 06-Mar-03 11:40 AM
929 posts
#16084, "RE: Agreed, stxt"
In response to Reply #5

heh i coulda blazed up north past bryn shander, waited to see if someone showed worded again and blazed south again, but poor dimion.
i acutally tried to follow all pieces of the paladin's code, rather than try to warp it to give me an excuse to live, or a reason to attack someone. early on i never fled from a fight for any reason.
later i just got tired of dying and wouldn't flee if my pals would be left holding the bag. heh i remember the first time ya killed me.
berintal got ya to do it cuz he had gone up out of my range. grrrr.
Isyrion though sure was an evil bastard hehe. i also tried many different combinations in a fight instead of just wrath wrath etc. but later i decided i understood why pallys do that all the time. (Dimion was a mana machine though and hp's sucked. so maybe i will try another someday and see what happens if i almost never wrath.)
i think i lost two whole con to you though.. once i logged on was at temple in galadon, at the temple stepped towards the pally guild. i mean how far is that? bam sqiush like grape. you musta hit where pk just as i logged in and went 'oooh lunch' hehehe.
that hurt man that just hurt. one step that's all i got (maybe it was two?) almost deleted then. hell i can't count how often i almost deleted. the desire to delete was far worse once i hit 51 though. for months i hated dimion. i still prefer playing goodies and all, but oooh. i started to despise this char. heh. 'nah dimion wouldn't do that. he'd do this instead, well that sucks, yup go do it.'
hehhehe. me as a player though would never be able to pull off getting into a cabal. hell you shoulda seen the interview to get empowered. Shokai (or hidden otherperson) was getting really frustrated with me. what can i say, i just didn't know, i prayed in the first place to ask questions, and learn enough to get another guy empowered after dim died con death at like 20th level. heh how well did that work out?

BajulaThu 06-Mar-03 01:14 PM
929 posts
#16085, "lsat part, no no really"
In response to Reply #1

to the people who killed me: yeah yeah join the club hehehe, nah most of the deaths were fun even.
anytime i got a rush off a bunch of words streaming across a screen i counted it as a good time.

to the people i managed somehow to kill speciall mention because other than berintal -that one i earned. the only real pk i count. ya gotta feel bad for these guys, cuz man i suck at pk.come to think on it i suck at mudding. hehehe)

the ap who's name was similar to syrentil:
what were you thinking? three times you came back for more..
i think the voker with me just wanted to let ya go. we left yer stuff.
the third attack though the voker decided to leave ya alone, but i was tired of it.
so i chased ya that time. and sac'ed yer stuff to buy me time before ya tried it again.

to berintal: heh part of my role was this thing about picking a target i knew to be an elf slayer and hunting that guy til i got him. or until he deleted, yep you were that guy, couldn't be more perfect timing.
known elf slayer from personal experience. thrak was at the corpse eating my guts and giving you orders to kill more elves.
man i had ta cuss ya, i thought i had that lost, then thought i had it won. then you did the flee appear knife flee appear knife.
hehe had you only missed a flee, but i didn't realize that at the time, i thought you were just all set up and was doing it knowingly and had me cold before i stepped into the area.
so yeah i plotted and studied you and died to like 20 other guys and then got ya. by then i knew you would jump me, knew where even (well i missed it by 2 rooms on darien rd.) knew how i would kill ya.
hell most of dimion's life he had f1= com 'wrath' berintal hehehe.
you tried to convert me i tried to convert you. i think at the end we were kinda friends in a hateful kinda way. and yeah i wished i'd have gone with ya to raid the scion, but couldn't think of a way in which that didn't totally violate the paladin's code part about hanging with evil guys.(i might have gone down there to attack em seperately but i didn't know the way. yep i had been down there like 20-30 times with others too.

silaseth ya bastard ye deserved it. not that y'all didn't get me back 20 times over like everyone else hehe.

mirdulad and straklaw. aww man. that was such a sweet trap i shoulda just died to it but i had to try.
hehehehe mirdulad slept me on darien, then fled and fled leading me into straklaw and his waiting horde.
oh god, scrolling screeen of junk, all attacking me (i had never seen the horde before.. scared the piss outta me) worded appeared in tar valon like 4 paces from y'all oh crap. run run run.
then i waited up north to calm down, and thought what the hell? dimion would never have done that.
worded again figuring i would end up back in tar valon.
yup sure did. to those who were being helpful with tells. umm sorry it is hard for me to type half these peoples names, and you are telling me to stop focusing on the mobs and hell i cant read this junk fast enough to even see who i fought half the time.
anyway spinebreaker gave me time to heal, and i was typing flee every few secs after aura fell. then fled one space and sanc then heal a couple times. it was over then, (when spinebroke i was like at 49 hp or something.) thanks to Rizteiqz for drawing off kulmathruk(sp?) and

seperate on mirdulad: first time we fought i was typing out this long say while you were about to sleep me.
heh i was gonna tell you to run, and give you a chance, because you gave my gear back when the pileo'scion (tm) were pouding me everytime i unghosted. man that was a bad day. hehe.
i would have even ignored you except for that burned and cursed by the phoenix, figured that meant shokai had made ya some kind o target. and then ya slept me hehe. it was on after that.

Zherukin : well we worked all that out right? you were a good fella for a neutral guy hehe.

anyone else i may have been considered to have 'killed' was either and accident or a lucky/unlucky blow in a raid or something.

anything else? prolly, but you know the more i think on it.. right at this very moment all the junk i was going to say to friends and enemies boils down to the below statements:

enemies:
most of you i said my good-byes to already. hrm that means i at least outlived ya right?
well that's something anyway.
things left undone.
behn that was a kick ass orc idea man. i know i had some stuff to say to ya but it has been too long.

friends: also said most of my goodbyes
airael: sorry, see why i wouldn't promise not to die now?
meladori: well crap. what can i say? hehe dim was a little too stuffy for romance i think.
grogim heh i never shoulda made that promise.but what the hell.
screias: jesus man you can make it to hero what are you doing?
my other char started and caught up to you already. i even ran with ya for a bit hehehe.

the rest of you i really do remember i am just too bummed so sorry. if you actually got somethin to say holler, and i'll holler back.

what i learned from this char is that i should quit mudding as i totally suck. and should for damn sure stay off the forums hehe. *wink* think i can do either? maybe there is game out there an old man can play hehe.
have fun y'all it's been grand.

for ian who got me started mudding : bet you don't even play anymore.
-Dead Man Walking (yup from all those graphical games other people play hehe )

Quid (Guest)Thu 06-Mar-03 02:41 PM

#16086, "nice job"
In response to Reply #1

yeah I remember the first time I met you, you were around the teenish lvls and you just got ganged or something, so me like an ass vowed to kill them so I ran out and attacked their group solo and got killed too! yay! good fun, too bad I couldn't interract with you more as Nurwon. he was bit more how shall I say.."Compentant" char? heheh. see you on your next

-Quiddie

BajulaThu 06-Mar-03 03:50 PM
929 posts
#16087, "RE: nice job"
In response to Reply #8

hehe i rather liked quid, then somewhere in your twenties? don't remember,quid got bitter or something then all of a sudden the forums are filled with all this junk. and you seemed to have managed to irritate more people than me heh.

Quid (Guest)Thu 06-Mar-03 05:24 PM

#16089, "yeah bad habit of mine it seems..."
In response to Reply #9

I'll make a comment or something on a forum, then take it too seriously (yes I admit it) then go into an endless argument on the topic. maybe it should be my new years resol. to just shut up...but what fun is that and who did you irritate anyway? as far as I was concerned you were an experienced player that just posted a bit.

Quiddie/Nurwon

BajulaThu 06-Mar-03 06:45 PM
929 posts
#16091, "RE: yeah bad habit of mine it seems..."
In response to Reply #10

ha

NightsteedThu 06-Mar-03 10:51 PM
3 posts
#16093, "Well ... how close did I come to having a go at you"
In response to Reply #1

and I am glad I didnt.
I have got this real big soft spot for first time heroes and somehow you reminded me so much of my own.A little guy fighting off big meanie bastards
Fortunately,it was in my role to have change of heart at the last moment before I attacked someone,so well that was reserved for dimion.Not really sure how much I could torment an elf paladin as a bard,but well bards just can win when it doesnt look like it ... the fiery dooms hit just about when you least expect it.
Good work.Neat.Two years down the line,"my first hero was an elf paladin" now that is gonna carry weight.

BajulaThu 06-Mar-03 11:02 PM
929 posts
#16094, "RE: Well ... how close did I come to having a go at you"
In response to Reply #12

hehe for everyone who passed up killing me thanks couldn't have gotten married without it.

that's okay dimion had a real soft spot for bards. mirdulad was an exception becuase of the curse and he attacked me first hehe

Meladori (Guest)Mon 10-Mar-03 04:14 AM

#16172, "Real folk blues"
In response to Reply #1

That was the absolute perfect ending for the sad knight.
Since some of this stuff is still going down with
Meladori, I'll leave it out. It took me a second to
realize what happened when you faded from Thera, before
I thought, that couldn't have been a better end for his
character, it was romantic and terribly sad.

Mel's definitely missing you, I remember meeting the
young Elven Paladin in the Azeroth forest and thinking,
poor guy, what can I give him...I've got nothing, better
give him something sentimental.

At first, I thought you were new to the game, then I
thought I was wrong, you did a great job with that character
if he was your first hero, Meladori is my first hero as well.
Well, take care, maybe some other of our characters will meet
in the future.

BajulaMon 10-Mar-03 06:52 AM
929 posts
#16176, "RE: Real folk blues"
In response to Reply #14

hehe i remember that amulet you gave me once, i kept that for a long long time. even bartered for it back once.

anyway meladori is a cool char. i really wished we'd have been able to do that dance you wrote. it was good.

i did work myself up to 'hit-on' you way way back, and when i finally did, i go to the inn, and kialanon tells me y'all are engaged.
oof. hehe.

was kind of an interesting ending though huh? i just couldn't keep up the sad bit for long, irl i'm too much of a happy-go-lucky guy.

ahhh well. hehe see ya later.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16077 Previous topic | Next topic