Subject: "(DEL) Tharandir the Lord of the Hunt" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15629
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 20-Feb-03 08:09 PM
Member since 06th May 2024
16831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15629, "(DEL) Tharandir the Lord of the Hunt"

Thu Feb 20 20:07:30 2003

9 o''clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Winter Wolf on the Theran calendar Tharandir perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:42
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:141
PK Ratio:39% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Well done, BattleCharmed, 21-Feb-03 12:36 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Tharandir the Lord of the Hunt, Tharandir (Guest), 20-Feb-03 08:44 PM, #1
     Reply never understood you...., Nurwon, 20-Feb-03 09:05 PM, #2
     Reply RE: never understood you...., Tharandir (Guest), 21-Feb-03 01:15 AM, #5
     Reply Dang it, Kucerael (Guest), 21-Feb-03 12:09 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Dang it, Tharandir (Guest), 21-Feb-03 01:20 AM, #6
     Reply Bummer you were fun, Cassougi (Guest), 21-Feb-03 12:32 AM, #4
     Reply Well..., Braoldan (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:10 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DEL) Tharandir the Lord of the Hunt, Punblinpo (Guest), 22-Feb-03 01:51 AM, #9
     Reply 2 things to speak on..., Erinphalis (Guest), 22-Feb-03 03:08 AM, #10
     Reply Well then..., Ikdell (Guest), 22-Feb-03 07:14 AM, #11
     Reply Liked what I saw of you.., Urzkoo (Guest), 24-Feb-03 02:42 PM, #12

BattleCharmedFri 21-Feb-03 12:36 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15630, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

Well done, though I believe you fell short of what a true druid was supposed to be. You played really hard and impressed me. I wish I could have travelled longer or fought against you longer. Anyhow, well done.

Cerophin
Sorehk
BattleCharmed

Tharandir (Guest)Thu 20-Feb-03 08:44 PM

#15631, "RE: (DEL) Tharandir the Lord of the Hunt"
In response to Reply #0

Wow, 39%? I thought I'd be down in the 20's.

Imm's as always, great game. Have no idea who actually empowered me, but thanks. This was a pretty fun character, but for a returning oldie like me who was trying to get back into it and do a bit more PKing than I had in the past, definately not a good choice.

I played druids way back when (I think I was the second ever to hero a druid after the cleric split) and all I can say is that there was a very big change to the class. Very evident, and definately likeable, but at the same time a bit tedious for me. It got a bit tiresome running all over creation to get some herbs, dying, getting more herbs, etc...

And I did die. A lot. My 39% up there is a total surprise, but if you threw in mob deaths I'd probably be down in the teens. Heh. I think I sat between 38 and 43 for about two weeks, because I kept eating a mob death. Definately laughable. Plus, I played a role where I wanted to feel secure in the religion that I had and not use too many preps and what not other than natural things. Found out early on that a druid in the Rift had better be quaffing a few potions for protection or was going to get spanked. Also: At level 42 had a base of 400 hit points (I think, might actually have been lower) My max I ever had was 600, due to having Jak on me from a bard. It really stunk watching my HPs dwindle early in a fight to the point where my prompt was sitting in the red for much of it.

Also: I usually ran at people down the road with a call of the wild and a treant rather than sit around and wait for them to come to me. I should play an orc next or something, because it's defiantely more my playing style.

Goodbyes:

Imms:

Whoever empowered me (Think it was the big jade dragon, but I never asked later on) thanks a bunch. Great conversation, and it just goes to show that you CAN get empowered by roleplaying a bit even if you don't follow a well defined religion. (<- note the slam to all of the empowerment whiners out there...heh)

Calradian (Sorry if I misspelled that, writing a bit fast before I meet my wife out at the bar): Thanks for the fun time with the dragon, although I hope you didn't frenzy and haste him before I died to him. Heh, also, didn't know if you noticed that you weren't wizi the whole time. I kept looking at you wondering if I should say something, since even in role, if you see a god, you see a god. I figured that the dragon was talking to me, you weren't, and I should just look the other way. By the way, came back with an expensive jewel a bit later, and the damned dragon wouldn't barter me for the key!

Battle: Wow, you guys totally owned me. Especially the Cloud crew, and nice to see you have another one on the way up. (Rugokar, who was the last to beat me up in the clouds. Nice job)

Unfortunately, my strategy was as follows:
Rulghum:
1) Try like hell to get thornheart.

2) Run around a bit healing.

3) Eat a flurry.

Rhomenthalos:
1) Try like hell to get thornheart.

2) Rescue with my treant.

3) Die while lagged to cranial.

You both are very skilled players, and nothing was funnier than when Rulghum owned me that one time and said to me: "Hrm, you just stepped on my big toe." God that was fricking funny.

Maelfezuul: I hope that's your role, because for the life of me, I've never heard a character brag like that and talk smack when they obviously haven't done anything. If it's a role, great, keep it up, because it sure had me scratching my head. Heh.

Sabiene: Liked you, they need to get your bindings to work more or something though. I'm sure you're skilled, but when I'm 9 levels lower than you and you can only get a blindfold on me, something's up with the way those skills work. Maybe it was my druidness or something, but man, that would stink having to worry about a skill that doesn't seem all that reliable. I was there when you ate that flurry by the way. That was really nuts.

Nexus:

Erinaphales (sp, please be right. Heh): Liked you a lot. Great bard, great leader. Not much more to say, since I wasn't the same level as you during fights and what not. But you seemed to increase the Nexus stock right about the time I joined up. Lot of good additions it seemed.

Punblinpo: You rock. Seriously, what a great char. Loved the time I spent around you.

Gasengond: You have no idea how much of a better driud you play than I do.

Kucerael: Thanks for helping me rank a bit. Still chuckle when I think of the time in Aridhol when you suggested rescuing with my treant and the horseman started aiming at me when I had three offensive herbs and no defensive. I was like: "Whoa, I'm already back at the pit in only one round."

Cassougi: Pretty much liked you. Although I'll say that it was VERY obvious to me who your other character is, so you might want to watch out a bit when it comes to logging in and logging off. Not that the two ever crossed or shared info or anything, but it was just noticeable.

Urzkoo: Great fun giant, massively tough from what I could tell and well played.

Tsyla: Thanks for helping me out, sorry I ditched out so soon, and almost to hero. I think you helped me go from 39 to 40 at least four separate times because I kept mob dying with about 1000 to go each time. Heh.

Ikdell: We had fun that one time while ranking in the battlefields. Can't for the life of me remember how to get to that damn cottage though.

Everyone else, can't remember and am too pressed for time. Write something funny about one of the times I died, since they all seemed pretty comical.

Best one by far though: Light tips the scales, every other Seeker is off fighting the ragers or something and I follow this mage into the frozen wastes. Of course it's a full moon and I forget to 'hunt' them, but when the lynx is fighting the snow worm I come up and fire seed to see the lynx is unaffected by the fire. Then, the tick hits and my fly runs out. So the lynx flees, and I'm left fighting the snow worm, but I'm grouped with two other people (Cassougi and Gasen I think...) and so my pets won't come into the battle with the snow worm at all. I'm sitting there wondering what the hell is going on while the snow worm just MANGLES me to death. Heh.

Anyway: Morale of the story, we all die sometime eh?

NurwonThu 20-Feb-03 09:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
#15640, "never understood you...."
In response to Reply #1

yeah I never spoke to you (from what I remember) but I never knew what your deal was...was he a sylvan? no couldn't be...he never ran around with that horde....thought you were nexus, but then I saw you set some villagers free that I accidentally snared..unless you were hoping to kill them? *shrugs* ah well, good luck on your next.

Tharandir (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 01:15 AM

#15641, "RE: never understood you...."
In response to Reply #2

Whew, back from the bar, although now my wife and I are in a fight and all that. Darned captain morgan!
Seriously though, I think it is a total shame how people base their thoughts on certain characters based on CF stereotypes. (Wow, this could be a case where I'm talking about a bigger thing than just hte MUD, but whatever...)

I can't begin to tell you how many people actually thought I was part of the Grove. Which I always thought was really funny except that sooner or later, I'd get some AP or duergar or squid etc that would attack me and then later be like: Oh, you're not a Warder? WTF?

To those people, WOW, I rarely ever had a first strike on many of the people out there with this char. If I was walking down the road, and saw someone in my PK, sure, I'd get ready in case they attacked me. But I tried to never go against someone without reason...

Until my last days, when I realized (finally) that Moligant wasn't actually a battle rager, even though I had struck him at every turn because I thought that he was joined up with them. It seems no one is safe from assumptions and what not, even those that disdain them. (By the way, found that out for the first time today. Heh)

Peace out.

Kucerael (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 12:09 AM

#15638, "Dang it"
In response to Reply #1

This is about four of us we've lost in the last two weeks. We'll be down to no-longer-horde status! (in the words of Aenail) Woe!

But really, I'm sorry to see you go. I was also astounded at the horseman owning you that bad. I did a doubletake when the horseman was dead, and you weren't there. Had to hit the scroll buffer to figure it all out. heh heh. I'm really sorry about that one.

I believe I interviewed you, and gave you a high recommendation to Erinphalis. While you didn't whoop all kinds of ass, I was very pleased with the character, and how you played. Wish you hadn't left. I know that I'LL miss you

Tharandir (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 01:20 AM

#15639, "RE: Dang it"
In response to Reply #3

Actually, you may be thinking of someone else. The only ones I spoke to to enter the cabal where Zherukin and Erinphalis (whew, got the spelling right I think). Maybe Gasengond?

Anyhow, that horseman was hilarious as to how crappily (is that a actual adverb?) I parried, shield blocked, and sucked up damage. See you in the next incarnation.

Cassougi (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 12:32 AM

#15637, "Bummer you were fun"
In response to Reply #1

Well hell, druids to me are always beefy cuz of that damn thornheart and sunray, but anyways man you were a fun guy to walk with and stuff, was hopein to get you and me to hero together but i guess thats not happening. For my other chars ill work on that. but other than that great character and a shame to see a Seeker go especially one like you
-Cassougi

Braoldan (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 11:10 PM

#15636, "Well..."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry we didn't get to talk more. You seemed pretty cool. My character just isn't the most talkative guy, to say the least. Anyhow, best of luck with the next, I just thought I'd drop a quick word to say thanks for your commitment.

Snubtail.

Punblinpo (Guest)Sat 22-Feb-03 01:51 AM

#15635, "RE: (DEL) Tharandir the Lord of the Hunt"
In response to Reply #1

Awww!

Was great having you in the Rift, and I swear you did some major healing on the Sentinel from time to time too. Especially considering you're only a druid. Your role seemed solid from the little I learned of you. Hope you enjoyed it and had fun. Welcome back.

See you in the fields.

Erinphalis (Guest)Sat 22-Feb-03 03:08 AM

#15634, "2 things to speak on..."
In response to Reply #1

First thing would be you as a roleplayer and character. I'm sorely disappointed that you deleted. Not because you did, but because I won't get the chances to interact with you anymore. I loved the way you were roleplaying, and I knew from the first time we spoke you were going to be an asset to the Rift.

Second as a Seeker. You did a great job as a Seeker as well, always willing to defend against all odds and still healing the sentinel. I hope you come back in the future sometime, players like you are what the Rift needs to bring it back from destruction. Thank you for the kind words and you will be sorely missed.

Erinphalis Kraolin, Lord Elder of Nexus

Ikdell (Guest)Sat 22-Feb-03 07:14 AM

#15633, "Well then..."
In response to Reply #1

Seems I've now lost one of my more enjoyable bonding experiences. I always felt a little be more secure waylaying Bazhans while you were about. Oh well... we shall certainly see each other again.

Ikdell

Urzkoo (Guest)Mon 24-Feb-03 02:42 PM

#15632, "Liked what I saw of you.."
In response to Reply #1

Shame to see you go, but no point playing a char if you aren't enjoying it. See you in the fields and well done with the char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15629 Previous topic | Next topic