Subject: "(DEL) Kamandee the Master of War" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15601
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 20-Feb-03 06:39 PM
Member since 06th May 2024
16832 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15601, "(DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"

Thu Feb 20 18:37:33 2003

5 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Winter Wolf on the Theran calendar Kamandee perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:84
PK Ratio:91% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Kamandee (Guest), 20-Feb-03 11:22 PM, #3
Reply Quick note, Darian (Guest), 20-Feb-03 11:58 PM, #6
Reply RE: Quick note, Lightmage, 21-Feb-03 12:52 AM, #7
Reply RE: Quick note, Kamandee (Guest), 21-Feb-03 03:38 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Karel, 21-Feb-03 01:10 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Kamandee (Guest), 21-Feb-03 03:39 PM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Valguarnera, 21-Feb-03 02:37 AM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Kamandee (Guest), 21-Feb-03 03:42 PM, #21
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Thornarcrull (Guest), 21-Feb-03 03:56 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Valguarnera, 21-Feb-03 04:47 AM, #11
Reply yet you have the nightwalkers inside, and..., Thornarcrull (Guest), 21-Feb-03 05:54 AM, #13
Reply Do you actually read what you post BEFORE posting?, Esmi (Guest), 21-Feb-03 08:06 AM, #14
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Sabiene, 21-Feb-03 05:59 PM, #27
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 21-Feb-03 05:07 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Nefarmatan (Guest), 21-Feb-03 10:50 AM, #16
     Reply Well..., Lightmage, 21-Feb-03 11:54 AM, #17
          Reply SO WELL SAID! n/t, Kamandee (Guest), 21-Feb-03 03:32 PM, #18
          Reply RE: Well..., Valguarnera, 21-Feb-03 04:19 PM, #23
               Reply Must be my playtimes then, Lightmage, 21-Feb-03 04:25 PM, #24
                    Reply Could be., Valguarnera, 21-Feb-03 04:33 PM, #25
                         Reply Question:, Catastrophic, 21-Feb-03 04:55 PM, #26
Reply RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War, Little Timmy (Anonymous), 20-Feb-03 08:26 PM, #2
Reply You were the inspiration and a good enemy., Gre (Guest), 20-Feb-03 07:24 PM, #1
     Reply In addition, Gre (Guest), 20-Feb-03 11:46 PM, #4
          Reply RE: In addition, Kamandee (Guest), 20-Feb-03 11:55 PM, #5
               Reply Sorry to spoil all your hopes..., Trylartin (Guest), 21-Feb-03 09:47 AM, #15
                    Reply RE: Sorry to spoil all your hopes..., Kamandee (Guest), 21-Feb-03 03:46 PM, #22

Kamandee (Guest)Thu 20-Feb-03 11:22 PM

#15602, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #0

Well what a quick fun run that was. I pretty much decided to delete about a week ago, some things have come up and I just don't have the time to devote to CF right now. When I logged in today I figured I was going to take chances and delete when I die, Thornacrull almost talked me into not deleting (even though he didn't know I was going to) by mentioning I should join the Empire. Well it wasn't ment to be because Iell did me in the final time and I decided I better make good on my previous decision. Kamandee didn't have a written role (first char I didn't write one for in a long time) My last three characters I spent so much time writting my role and and what not and I didn't even receive a measly title (Guess I should have been a goodie or a rager if I wanted one) Kamandee was your not so average "smart" fire giant, his intelligence was max so I didn't feel the need to act stupid like I did with other fire giants I played. He was sphere destruction and _only_ used axes, I didn't even choose another specialization. Kamandee looked down on other weapons as a weakness. My friends tryed to tell me to chose hand-to-hand just so I could parry when Gre broke my weapons (screw you Gre for that one day ) but I stuck with my role so don't try to say I was just a mindless pker When scion got purged I tried once to speak with one of the leaders they were busy and blew me off so I decided to stick it out on my own... Let me tell you I never knew how much fun being a uncabled was. I never heroed Kamandee which is kind of odd, about the time when I should have been doing the final ranks it was near impossible to do anything but fight scion's enemies. After things settled down much later I decided not to even waste the time.

A short rant: A lot of players in this game choose a cabal and stick with and make characters for it in the thick in thin. Scion was that cabal for me. I played in the hard times and in the good times, and more recently we were battling hard against the ragers and sylvan. When I would log in I had little choice in what I got to do, defend raids against our countless enemies mostly, if not too many happened to be around I HAD to gather preps for when they were. I felt like I was actually making a difference in Scions standing in the cabal wars like I was contributing to something and me and lot of other "heavy hitters" were kicked. Maybe Kamandee didn't have the RP ability of some people but I had always thought that if I stayed true to cabal policies and did my job I would at _least_ get to keep my spot in the cabal. Maybe I wouldn't make leader or get a cool title but at least I would get to play for the team I wanted to play for. I've said it before other cabals have a clear cut goal that if you complete on a daily basis you are good to go.

Ragers: Kill mages
Maran: Kill evil
Sylvan: Kill defilers
Warlock: Kill evil mages
Arbiters: Flag and or Kill criminals

Scions on the other hand you have to defend constantly against the many cabals whose only goal is to kill you _and_ you have to work to bring the night even though no leaders have given you an inkling of what specific job you can do to complete the over all task. I've learned my lesson, I'm truly done with Scions, no hard feelings. In a perfect world I would just be a mage killing rager and Val would be an immortal leader of Herald

some goodbyes:

Iell: I _think_ you were the only person to ever kill me. Twice with the hunt and once today when I was raiding and you were sunraying. Even though I think hunt is overpowered you are a very skilled druid.

Aginal: Knew who you were from the get go I knew you couldn't stay away from team scion Thanks for the strange bracers and all the other crazy stuff you gave me. I didn't lose _any_ of it till today so don't say I didn't put it to good use. Hope we play for the same cabal again someday.

Thornacrull: We definetly had some fun in the end there. Glad that _someone_ stuck it out even though they got exiled.

Shalizar: You are slick at making alliances with people, always count on you to organize a wrecking crew group.

Gre: Damn you for breaking my axes. I missed two weapon breaks (yes it's at 100) while you went through I think about 4 of my 6 axe arsenal. I wonder how many players would feint if they saw almost in a row Conquest, dissolution, jumnarls and Golrhum get broke in to little bitty pieces. Uhhh only Scream of the damned and Artic fury for backup (Yes I'm so spoiled)

Dwelekath: Jeeze what you did to that rager raiding party that one time.. Sniff.. brings tears to my eyes.

Well this is getting too long lots of others I'd like to mention if you respond I will most definetly write back. This is my last char for a while I got some stuff I need to take care of, won't be seeing me for a year or more. Thanks imms for keeping this mud going even though I talk alot of $hit sometimes I still love ya guys!

-Peace
K
aka
Kalraak
Redik
Kalten

P.S. I tried a new legacy this time "Mercy of the Typhoon" I can honestly say I NEVER saw it work once. I've had countless people flee from me, countless die, countless groups fought. I never saw a round after any of these deaths or flees of me getting free attacks. I had logs to proove my case unfortunatly that harddrive is no more, it sounds like such a coo legacy I hope it gets tweaked.

Darian (Guest)Thu 20-Feb-03 11:58 PM

#15620, "Quick note"
In response to Reply #3

I don't know if it was me that blew you off or not, but we got told not to reinduct any of the old scions period, that they all had to talk to Valguarnera. Just so you know it wasn't anything personal.

You were a beast when you were around, too bad it couldn't keep going.

Good luck in the future.

LightmageFri 21-Feb-03 12:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
319 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15622, "RE: Quick note"
In response to Reply #6

I don't know if it was me that blew you off or not, but we got told not to reinduct any of the old scions period, that they all had to talk to Valguarnera. Just so you know it wasn't anything personal.

-It's too bad..... the 'purged' Scions at least made a fight of it agaisnt the hoards of lightwalkers. Since the purge I have not seen the Chasm in any position of power once. Two people cant do everything and I think alot of the skilled Pkers are pissed off with the direction of the cabal now. Anyhow...Kamandee, you did a hell of a job, and I liked watching you fight. I wish our times had crossed when I was in the chasm. (Also, this is not a insult to Jhaelryna or Darian...but to the cabal in general, when I refer to Scions being terribly weak)

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man.

Kamandee (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 03:38 PM

#15621, "RE: Quick note"
In response to Reply #6

Yeah I knew from OOC channels I would have to go through Val to get in but Kamandee didn't know that so when he talked to you briefly and wasn't instantly re-instated (Why wouldn't Kamandee be wanted back in right away! He got pissed and joined the group of misfit exiles and Orc chieftens (You rock Straklaw!).

KarelFri 21-Feb-03 01:10 AM
569 posts
#15618, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #3

Like I said in Aginal's death post, you were one person I did not think twice about giving those unique/rare things to. You reminded me so much of another fire giant axe scion, Kalraak or something to that effect, just a beast. Always good to see a warrior that is not a rager that can put out some serious damage while actually able to stay alive as well. On another note, don't feel too bad about scion. It wasn't specificly you that got booted, it was a cabal purge. Like you however, I am definately through with scion, perhaps even cabals for awhile. Unless shadow comes back anyways.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Kamandee (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 03:39 PM

#15619, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #8

Heh Shadow is gone?

ValguarneraFri 21-Feb-03 02:37 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15616, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #3

I felt like I was actually making a difference in Scions standing in the cabal wars like I was contributing to something and me and lot of other "heavy hitters" were kicked. Maybe Kamandee didn't have the RP ability of some people but I had always thought that if I stayed true to cabal policies and did my job I would at _least_ get to keep my spot in the cabal.

I'm not sure we even spoke after I purged the cabal. Nonetheless, I didn't see anything "Scion" about the way you were roleplaying your character- I got the impression you could have played that role in any of the cabals, just substituting for who you'd be fighting. That won't cut it in the current Scion, and it's not something we're interested in changing.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Kamandee (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 03:42 PM

#15617, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #9

Like I said I realized what you wanted in the cabal after the purge. Scions is not the cabal for me as a player. I will do better on my own or in another cabal from now on. Good luck with your cabal, I hope people still can have fun roleplaying when they don't have their scepter 24 hours a day.

-K

Thornarcrull (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 03:56 AM

#15610, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #3

I knew you would do that... though I took your axe from Iell's corpse after you gone. Guess I'll find someone to wield it now. The last raid went bad. I expected you to retreat, but seems sunrays finished you too fast - I've been stuck in briars. We had fun, though we didn't travel as much as I would like to.
About scions... I think many players finished with them. A good soldier shall not think, he shall fight and defend. A good soldier do not ask 'why?'. You played a good soldier, dedicated to defend and figh for the cabal. Army cannot be made only of generals, leaders, captains and lieutenants. It's obvious, and quite sad that someone cannot realise so simple thing (I am not trying to point at some immortal, of course ;P).
Good luck with the next, or, even better, don't return to this sinkhole! It really screws lifes.

ValguarneraFri 21-Feb-03 04:47 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15612, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #10

Army cannot be made only of generals, leaders, captains and lieutenants. It's obvious, and quite sad that someone cannot realise so simple thing (I am not trying to point at some immortal, of course ;P).

Good thing I'm not running an army, then. Nor will I be. Sorry.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 05:54 AM

#15614, "yet you have the nightwalkers inside, and..."
In response to Reply #11

Nightwalkers. A primitive soldiers, nothing else. A cabal power? I suppose, characters (not players) do not se difference between player and NPC.
And, you don't run army. I know. But why do you allow warriors inside, if so? They are warriors, and their job is to fight. Their primary stat is strength (rarely dexterity). They do not use magic, most of them do not know even how to scribe. And you want them to be... to be... what do you want them to be? A mage? A researcher?
To me, you are making organization, similar to the army of archers, unprotected by the swordsmans, who stands on the battlefield against a good and complete army. They will tear your archers apart, depite some loss.
IMHO, you overestimate players and demand too much from them. They are players, and they like fun. Not permanent torubles. Besides, you never ever told me, or someone else whom my character knew, what do you want from them. Just purged cabal, and hands off. Ah, hell with you and your cabal.

Esmi (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 08:06 AM

#15615, "Do you actually read what you post BEFORE posting?"
In response to Reply #13

Not one bit of this made any sense at all to me. Warriors and soldiers are two vastly different things. A warrior is someone who is trained to fight. A soldier is someone who is trained to fight for an idea. I equate true soldiers with something more like a zealot than a warrior. But I digress from my original point...

Do you post just to see your name up on the pretty glowing screen, saying.....whatever the hell it is you're going on about at any given time? I KNOW you can't be this stupid for real, I've interacted with you IC and you don't come off as being nearly this dumb. I've never heard of someone playing a character who is actually smarter than they they player are, but I think we may have a first here.

If Vlag had wanted Scions to be Army-like, he would have turned them into Empire. Empire is about order and structure and knowing your role. Scions is a horse of a different color. Don't mistake the two just because they're both "evil" in theme.

SabieneFri 21-Feb-03 05:59 PM
50 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15613, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #11

I could be wrong, but it looks to me (based on the public helpfile, I've never played a Scion) that the Scions wouldn't exactly need to fight to accomplish their goals. That they are evil is a function of the attitude they would need to accomplish said goals, nothing more.

If the Empire is coming back, I think it would be the perfect complement to what the Scions appear to be now. There you'd have the more direct and combat oriented evil or evilish cabal, to offset the more "cult" oriented Scion. I wouldn't say one or the other would be stronger, either. Would the Empire be larger and in some ways more popular? Probably. IMHO, the old Empire had severe flaws, I can but hope that they'll be corrected but up to an extent, their internecine fighting was and still is justified, so there's your check... the Scions don't have that really, nor should they, I think.

So, I understand anyone who wants a "dark" cabal that is more combat and pk oriented. I also understand that Scion is not that now and likely was never meant to be.

- Sabs

Evil Genius (inactive user)Fri 21-Feb-03 05:07 AM
Charter member
#15611, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #10

>About scions... I think many players finished with them. A
>good soldier shall not think, he shall fight and defend. A
>good soldier do not ask 'why?'. You played a good
>soldier, dedicated to defend and figh for the cabal. Army
>cannot be made only of generals, leaders, captains and
>lieutenants. It's obvious, and quite sad that someone cannot
>realise so simple thing.

It's not an army but a cadre of VIP's.
Of course, i'd still like for someone to point out the purpose of Scion.

Nefarmatan (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 10:50 AM

#15603, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #3

Okay, said it before, and I"ll say it again. The old Scion
is not what the "new" scion is about. The new scion has goals
and each of the members are working towards those goals. Its not
just a team evil cabal, but has a purpose that people must try
for or they'll be uninducted. The only true problem I see with
it is few if any outside of the chasm know what the goals are
and most are keeping it a secret at this time so that team
Goodie (With the Unlimited Lives cheat code) won't be able to
thwart our goals. Plus the fact that the roleplay of Scion now
is SO much more higher. Sorta like the roleplay in Warders when
Jug was the captain. If your looking for a newbie team evil
cabal, scion is not it anymore.

Nefarmatan

LightmageFri 21-Feb-03 11:54 AM
319 posts
#15604, "Well..."
In response to Reply #16

Its nice to see a small group of such 'elite' roleplayers, being party to the only evil cabal. But since I have never seen any Scions about for more than brief log in periods, since the purge....I dont think the cabal is working. There still needs to be a cabal for evils that want to fight the opposition. By insulting all of the skilled pk orientated Scions-players, the cabal has just set itself up to be played by the meek.

Kamandee (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 03:32 PM

#15609, "SO WELL SAID! n/t"
In response to Reply #17

n/t

ValguarneraFri 21-Feb-03 04:19 PM
6904 posts
#15605, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #17

By insulting all of the skilled pk orientated Scions-players, the cabal has just set itself up to be played by the meek.

I'd say the current roster has plenty of skill, and zero meek. Each member is on a good bit as well- I'm definitely not seeing "brief log-in periods" and I'm monitoring pretty closely. They're also not the type to only log on in their three-man team. I've gotten good feedback from other staff members about where I'm taking (and will take) the Scion cabal, and I'm going to keep things rolling in that direction.

LightmageFri 21-Feb-03 04:25 PM
319 posts
#15606, "Must be my playtimes then"
In response to Reply #23

I sure have not seen anything.....at all. But I trust your judgement so.....it must be going better than what ive witnessed. It sucks playing early in the morning then for a brief bit late at night. I seem to miss out on the bulk of the evil folks times. *chuckle*

My experience lately, during my playtimes....is a bunch of bored lightwalkers with zero opposition.

ValguarneraFri 21-Feb-03 04:33 PM
6904 posts
#15607, "Could be."
In response to Reply #24

The cabal is (intentionally) small (*) in number, but your original post implied that individuals were meek and/or never on, which isn't the case. From my observation, I think it's true that every member has more wins than losses, and that every member brings some quality roleplay to the table.

(*) I plan to keep Scion below a certain size.

CatastrophicFri 21-Feb-03 04:55 PM
145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15608, "Question:"
In response to Reply #25

Should a cabal opposed by so many be so small? I can certainly understand MARAN being small, being that it has, what, one enemy?

==
You get 269938 gold coins from the corpse of Valguarnera.
==

Little Timmy (inactive user)Thu 20-Feb-03 08:26 PM
Charter member
#15623, "RE: (DEL) Kamandee the Master of War"
In response to Reply #0

From what I saw of you, you were a beast.
Good job, bud.

Anarch

Gre (Guest)Thu 20-Feb-03 07:24 PM

#15624, "You were the inspiration and a good enemy."
In response to Reply #0

Our interactions were always brutal, quick, and painful. I do not know if I ever got you, but you got me a two or three times with others during a raid. Good luck with the rest and nice pk ratio.

Gre (Guest)Thu 20-Feb-03 11:46 PM

#15625, "In addition"
In response to Reply #1

You remember the fight to get the Axe of Conquest back? I loved that night although my internet went out right when I was in the room one down from the guy with the axe of conquest when I finally got it. Good times good times.

Kamandee (Guest)Thu 20-Feb-03 11:55 PM

#15626, "RE: In addition"
In response to Reply #4

I knew you were going to go for it, I was pissed because I knew I didn't have the group to get it that night. Dwelekath logged in right after you got the axe. too late! Least you guys forgot to go get Dissolution

-K

Trylartin (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 09:47 AM

#15627, "Sorry to spoil all your hopes..."
In response to Reply #5

It wasnt just Gre smashing you axes. I know I broke one if not two if you go over it. But man to think you had all those shiny axes. I think that was the one fight I got to flex my perfected weapon breaker. When we broke all your axes then quickly ran to get conquest before you made a group and conquested our conquest hopes. Oh that was fun.

Apart from a few raids or defenses I dont think I saw you at all. But I will always remember people over cabal going Oh no Kamandee is coming. Hit him first. Kill him. Break his axes or he will slaughter us all.....

And you did.....

Fun times, fun times I say

Trylartin

Kamandee (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 03:46 PM

#15628, "RE: Sorry to spoil all your hopes..."
In response to Reply #15

Yeah the battle happened so quick I wasn't sure who did what, All I knew is that when I got away and looked at what I was wielding I was down to my backup-backup weapons I think one of you offhand disarmed and saced Dissolution actually Very fun times indeed.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15601 Previous topic | Next topic