Subject: "(DEL) Merzofzyauhn Dek'lur the Disciple of Fire, Pill" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15525
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 19-Feb-03 05:05 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15525, "(DEL) Merzofzyauhn Dek'lur the Disciple of Fire, Pill"

Wed Feb 19 17:03:48 2003

5 o''clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness on the Theran calendar Merzofzyauhn perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:273
PK Ratio:77% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun., Dugruain, 19-Feb-03 05:39 PM, #3
Reply RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun., nepenthe, 19-Feb-03 06:10 PM, #5
Reply RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun., Darian (Guest), 19-Feb-03 07:18 PM, #6
Reply Grovelin bastard, Gastaad (Guest), 19-Feb-03 07:57 PM, #7
Reply god dammit!, Nurwon, 19-Feb-03 08:31 PM, #8
Reply Good job, Arvam, 19-Feb-03 10:18 PM, #9
Reply Thank God, one less healer., Gre (Guest), 20-Feb-03 02:01 AM, #10
Reply RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun., Nefarmatan (Guest), 20-Feb-03 09:04 AM, #11
Reply RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun., Ulthur, 20-Feb-03 10:27 AM, #12
Reply D'OH, Vashka (Guest), 21-Feb-03 09:12 PM, #13
Reply Thanks for all the help, Kaavraus (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:02 PM, #14
Reply My least favorite words to hear were, Shalandrakan (Guest), 23-Feb-03 12:42 AM, #16
     Reply Heh, my name..., Dugruain, 23-Feb-03 04:06 PM, #17
          Reply yeah about your name..., Nurwon, 23-Feb-03 07:05 PM, #18
Reply Liked what I saw of you, Manzinul (Guest), 22-Feb-03 02:12 PM, #15
Reply hospitable hospitality at the mansion, thanksmuch, nt, Kalhee (Guest), 24-Feb-03 12:40 PM, #19
Reply well damn, Urzkoo (Guest), 24-Feb-03 02:39 PM, #20
Reply RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun., Kalmah (Guest), 25-Feb-03 04:19 AM, #21
     Reply RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun., Xandrya, 25-Feb-03 02:44 PM, #22
Reply RE: (DEL) Merzofzyauhn Dek'lur the Disciple of Fire, P..., Thornarcrull (Guest), 19-Feb-03 05:28 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Merzofzyauhn Dek'lur the Disciple of Fire, P..., Dugruain, 19-Feb-03 05:41 PM, #4
Reply Straklaw's trampling MANGLES you! You are DEAD!, Straklaw (Guest), 19-Feb-03 05:14 PM, #1

DugruainWed 19-Feb-03 05:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
71 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15526, "Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun."
In response to Reply #0

My first and last healer. I always wanted a drow healer. I tried a couple years back, but I could never get empowered by either of the Scarab Imms. Think I tried one in Zulgs religion too. This go around, I wanted a more light hearted healer, but still evil, so I went with Arvam's religion. Trying fit a drow role, into the diamond religion, was tough. I think I ended up being more scitzo-like as the time went on, which was a role I was not comfortable in.
From there, things just began to get stale. Typically it was me, and 12 other pks on, in hero range... 10 or 11 who would attack me on sight. So I spent alot of time exploring and so forth. After time, you can only explore so much as a solo healer. On to the goodbyes.

Arvam: I loved our chats. I wished we could have chatted more, when it was outside of being for empowerment, or tattoo stuff.. etc.. But I guess our times didn't mesh so well.. heh, or I was too busy off doing my own thing. Either way, you are great IMM, and have a very cool religion. Keep up the good work. heh, favorite Arv memory

You feel an overwhelming bloodlust surge from within you.
A savage anger grips you, and a low growl escapes your lips.
Arvam yells 'Die, Merzofzyauhn, you bloodthirsty fool!'
Arvam turns your attack against you!
Your cleave === OBLITERATES === you!

You say 'Ever have a priest attack you, then ask for your eternal blessings?'

heh, good stuff...

Thror: Stubborn old dwarf. Sorry if I overly prayed that day, just thought it odd to get branded a hunted, and not even get a word why. Glad we got to chat afterwards, and all that jazz. Look forward to interacting with you again someday.

Nepenthe: You rock. Thanks for all the cool interactions.

Scion: Well that was a fun week.
Jhaelryna: I tried very hard to like you.

Battle: DIRT THE HEALER!

Gre: Dear Mr. Beast, Thanks for not killing me more than you did. Love, Merzo.

Hrm, guess I fought a few of you, most my deaths were to ragers. Didn't really get to rp much with you guys though. Pity.

Sylvan: Getting hunted by sylvan is always fun. God bless the Hunt.

Griimbling: Annoying.
Iell: Annoying.
Sassmi: Annoying.

Fortress/Warlock: Fun to watch Straklaw chop you guys up.

Straklaw: CHIEF! Well, I almost told Urzkoo to go f-off when he wanted me to come help you get your chieftonship back. Glad I didn't. We had a LOT of great hunts together. I've always played the main hunter type people, so it was unique for me to play a support role to your lead. My healer newbieness got you killed once or twice, but in all, I think we defiantely killed "lots" more than we died.

Urzkoo: My pet beast. Plenty of times, I had just died defending the Chasm, or something, and I would sit praying you would log on, so we could go kill the lich, etc.. you kept me in clothes. In the end there, you really pissed me off with not wanting to fight sylvans when they attacked me, but I guess thats the nexus way.

To the multitude of lowbies I randomly helped rank: HERO ALREADY. Team evil is sucking at the hero ranks.

Well, on to my next.

Dugruain

nepentheWed 19-Feb-03 06:10 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15544, "RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun."
In response to Reply #3

FWIW, I didn't disagree with your ejection from Scion. I thought you were doing a good job of playing your role and they theirs, but typically when everyone's doing a good job of roleplaying evil characters, not everyone gets along...

Generally fun in various interactions. There's a lot about the Mask in particular I wish I could comment on, but it'd tip my hand in areas I'm not quite done with. All through the efreeti thing, my partner in crime and I kept asking ourselves: "I wonder if he understands that none of the other efreeti know about that bargain..."

Anyway. Fun stuff, good character. Watching you in action made me realize that in several ways dark-elf healers are better than I'd previously thought.

Darian (Guest)Wed 19-Feb-03 07:18 PM

#15543, "RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun."
In response to Reply #3

No mention for me? I certainly had equal part in kicking you out
Out of character I really didn't want to, and I realize fully you were just trying to stay in character. In the end though there's only so much freedom a leader can give when someone is determined to be headstrong. Yes, I did order you killed at one point, though that was all a part of IC plotting and scheming, not because you got booted from Scion

>From there, things just began to get stale. Typically it
>was me, and 12 other pks on, in hero range... 10 or 11 who
>would attack me on sight. So I spent alot of time exploring
>and so forth. After time, you can only explore so much as a
>solo healer. On to the goodbyes.
>To the multitude of lowbies I randomly helped rank: HERO
>ALREADY. Team evil is sucking at the hero ranks.
>***

I feel your pain. Sometimes I really have to wonder how long it can stay fun to play when there's so little opposition. Me, I like playing the underdog, even if it starts to wear on my nerves trying to dodge attacker after attacker after attacker just to try and cobble some gear together.

Anyway, you did seem pretty knowledgeable, though you seemed a little more inclined towards offense in your playing style than being a support healer. Still, you were good to have around while it lasted Good luck in the future.

Gastaad (Guest)Wed 19-Feb-03 07:57 PM

#15542, "Grovelin bastard"
In response to Reply #3

This post is all in good fun so dont take it personally..

Well I finally got what you wanted, but you didnt have what I wanted *being vague here, we both know what I am talkin about*

I was so let down that you didnt have my payment that I just had to go somewhere else to sell it. You were begging me SOOOOOO badly for that thing, that I almost felt that I could have asked you to felate me for it and you would have complied.

Anyways, whenever I saw you and that gang crew that you ran with, I took shelter. Good healer

NurwonWed 19-Feb-03 08:31 PM
0 posts
#15541, "god dammit!"
In response to Reply #3

I loved seeing you around because I always new we would have a pointless fight with no one winning or losing *chuckles*. Seein you and Straklaw about was always a bitch because I knew you would be togethor. damned orc dealin out obscene damage while anything I do to him is instantly healed..bah! good job man and keep new chars commin, I'll be waiting *winks*

ArvamWed 19-Feb-03 10:18 PM
218 posts
#15540, "Good job"
In response to Reply #3

I liked Merz. I could never remember how to spell your damn name though, sheesh. You played evil like I like to see evil...evil. None of this warm and fuzzy nonsense about how you're all on the same side and should help each other. You were a downright bastard sometimes, and thats what I like in an evil. I like them to be...well, unlikable. I don't like those warm and fuzzy evils who try to play the nice guys. I kinda saw that thing with Scion coming, but I liked how you stayed bull headed about it and didn't back down and didn't bend to them. I'm glad you stayed out and paved your own road. It was cool to watch your character grow and changed what he wanted and how he acted. Just hope it is mostly fun for you.

Good luck with the next and all that.

Gre (Guest)Thu 20-Feb-03 02:01 AM

#15539, "Thank God, one less healer."
In response to Reply #3

Good healer, knew what to do, but the roleplaying part was difficult with you because all that would come out of your mouth were angry words. And then, once you brought the massive group of sancted Nexites and traitors to the village and ganged me, you would then try to roleplay with me as I'm trying to gather clothes, not a good time. Repeat cycle.

Take care and good luck.

Nefarmatan (Guest)Thu 20-Feb-03 09:04 AM

#15538, "RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun."
In response to Reply #3

Damn, now I'm going to have to find another healer to help
me finish the task! Oh well, was great having your help
around when I needed it. You seemed to do pretty good for
a healer, and wish you had remained in the chasm. Make sure
the next char is evil too! We still way down with the damn
fortress. I think Sassmi is that dwarf, Yaofil. He sure
does induct like she did!

UlthurThu 20-Feb-03 10:27 AM
44 posts
#15537, "RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun."
In response to Reply #3

Man, there sure have been a lot of evil healers recently. Sorry we all targeted you down in the Underdark that time when the two big groups met. There was a reason for it Bummer that your entire group split without you though. All they had to do was take out Delmuio while he was holding you and the fight would have been a lot more even, but instead they all ran off. Good job, from what I saw.

I was glad to see you were out of Scion... it sucks to try to raid agianst a healer and an invoker. Basically makes for one big stalemate, between the damage reduction and the healing.

Oh, and one more thing... Fortress/Warlock: Fun to watch Straklaw chop you guys up. Are you joking? Maybe Straklaw just chopped up the people when I wasn't around. That and my perspective as a giant paladin could be warped. This isn't meant to be degrading toward Straklaw, as a player I think he kicks ass, and a few times I was laughing out loud at the great orc stuff he was doing. I just had to express my incredulity at your blanket statement about the entire Fortress. I can't really speak for the Warlocks.

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Vashka (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 09:12 PM

#15536, "D'OH"
In response to Reply #3

I liked your char we had some fun interactions. A shame you deleted I always liked seeing you when I logged on. You will be missed.

Vashka

PS Thanks for the Granite Ring and listening to a lowbie in da shrine.

Kaavraus (Guest)Fri 21-Feb-03 11:02 PM

#15532, "Thanks for all the help"
In response to Reply #3

You seemed like a competent healer, and you kept me alive
very many times when my little feathers were getting bloodied.
I'll have to echo what Aginal said earlier - your name is
an invoker's nightmare when it comes to shielding. From the
few brief interactions, I thought you seemed good, but they
were usually just limited to raiding the Village.

Shalandrakan (Guest)Sun 23-Feb-03 12:42 AM

#15533, "My least favorite words to hear were"
In response to Reply #14

Merzafzyauhn says "My shields have fallen"
I immediately start cussing at my computer.
Then, we are sitting still, and I start using 2. and 3. for you, and every time, Straklaw was guaranteed to start moving around. I think I mentioned in character a few times that I wished I could find your parents and kill them for naming you. You were a very competent player though, and it was good to have you around. Invoker shields + sanc and healing is a nasty combo. Good luck on your next, as I played the healer guy a long time ago with Gergran... almost four years now. Still one of the characters I look on with the most fondness.
Shalandrakan

DugruainSun 23-Feb-03 04:06 PM
71 posts
#15534, "Heh, my name..."
In response to Reply #16

I didn't intend on my name being weird or long.. I was just sitting at the prompt, for my name.. and "Merzo-fizz-haan" popped in my head. So I tried to make look as drow as I could, and started rolling.

NurwonSun 23-Feb-03 07:05 PM
0 posts
#15535, "yeah about your name..."
In response to Reply #17

when I first saw you, the first thing that went through my mind was, "wow this guy HAS to be a serious noob". figured that you made it so that people would find it hard to type it out when you gated to them . But thank goodness you proved me wrong, you and that damned orc were a pain togethor and although I never really feared you two, I would usually just flee just to not waste time on a fight no one would win. much respect on your job with both Merzo and Bouwlrin (who I never wanted to fight after you nailed me in the weald)

-Nurwon Du'Roth

Manzinul (Guest)Sat 22-Feb-03 02:12 PM

#15531, "Liked what I saw of you"
In response to Reply #3

As an evil warrior with a few hours on the clock, I've noticed quite a variety of quality in the healers I've travelled with. We didn't travel much, but what little we did was interesting for me in terms of your role, and you appeared to be competent.

Kalhee (Guest)Mon 24-Feb-03 12:40 PM

#15530, "hospitable hospitality at the mansion, thanksmuch, nt"
In response to Reply #3

Urzkoo (Guest)Mon 24-Feb-03 02:39 PM

#15529, "well damn"
In response to Reply #3

I always had fun with you and was always glad to help you rearm, after all you kept me alive more than a couple of times. Shame to see you go, but yeah you seemed to need an offensive edge, and a healer doesn't give you much of one. Sorry I couldn't go and attack sylvans for you, that time you mentioned you just ran off though, heh I thought you teleported, damned sneak. You shoulda stood by me and then I coulda helped like I did with the hunt. Oh well, good luck with your next, see you in the fields.

Kalmah (Guest)Tue 25-Feb-03 04:19 AM

#15527, "RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun."
In response to Reply #3

Interesting character. We had interaction at first as enemies. I remember sitting with Xandrya, way before the marriage near Seantryn. I was a day or so after my successful but ill-fated Scion raid. You came by and said, "You wouldn't harm a helpless healer would you?" I later found out you were Scion and typed my fingers off trying to chase you down.

Then came the Empire thing. As was looking forward to teaming up with you, for you seemed a helpful ally. And I think the Thornarcrull versus Merzofzyauhn for Imperial Priest would have been great to witness! Why did you delete, anyway?

Cheers

XandryaTue 25-Feb-03 02:44 PM
35 posts
#15528, "RE: Fun, Boring, Fun, Boring, Fun."
In response to Reply #21

Yeah I remember that night. That was one of the best nights! Kalmah goes off chasing afeter Merz and leaves Xandrya stranded cuz I didn't know my way back. So Cylenthalion comes to my rescue. That was all real fun. I think that was the first time I REALLY considered Kalmah as a romantic interest. I remember telling him not to give up so easily. It was a fun evening!

I was also hoping to get to work together with you in the Empire when Kalmah said you would be one of his allies, but you were gone real quick after that.

Thornarcrull (Guest)Wed 19-Feb-03 05:28 PM

#15545, "RE: (DEL) Merzofzyauhn Dek'lur the Disciple of Fire, P..."
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed a lot - from the beginning to the end. As I said, you will not live long enough for... you know what for.
Good trap, and I fell into it - though, I suspected ambush... son. No idea how, but you became almost my son, whom I treated as a son - even after you stole my rod.
I hope you enjoyed style of my healer, and do not angry on me. I really never hunted for stuff.
Good luck with the next, and blahblahblah - whataver else I should say in this case!

DugruainWed 19-Feb-03 05:41 PM
71 posts
#15546, "RE: (DEL) Merzofzyauhn Dek'lur the Disciple of Fire, P..."
In response to Reply #2

Bah, how could I forget you!

Yeah the trap was more about being bored than anything else. Heh. I wanted to see how many friends I could split, by making them choose between me and you. Man that was fun.

You play a great healer. Keep up the good work.

Dug

Straklaw (Guest)Wed 19-Feb-03 05:14 PM

#15547, "Straklaw's trampling MANGLES you! You are DEAD!"
In response to Reply #0

Chieftain tell Merzofzyauhn Chieftain kill Merzofzyauhn, Merzofzyauhn try kill Merzofzyauhn! Dumb stupid drow healer! Kill lots, lots good! What more Merzofzyauhn do not be Merzofzyauhn, can do be Merzofzyauhn, kill with Chieftain? #$%*@)%@#~!!!! BAH! Chieftain go kill paladin now, take stuffs, make desecrate bird-god Shrine!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15525 Previous topic | Next topic