Subject: "(DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15480
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 17-Feb-03 12:22 AM
Member since 06th May 2024
16831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15480, "(DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph"

Mon Feb 17 00:21:20 2003

6 o''clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Sun on the Theran calendar Chacharadan perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:84
PK Ratio:33% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph, Karakan` (Guest), 17-Feb-03 05:30 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph, Caysh, 19-Feb-03 12:56 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph, Xandrya, 17-Feb-03 05:24 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph, Caysh, 19-Feb-03 12:51 AM, #9
Reply Scary squid, Narissa (Guest), 17-Feb-03 03:33 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph, Caysh, 17-Feb-03 12:38 AM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph, Tarragain (Guest), 17-Feb-03 10:57 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph, Gasengond (Guest), 17-Feb-03 12:32 AM, #1
     Reply About 84 hours., Caysh, 17-Feb-03 12:39 AM, #3
          Reply RE: About 84 hours., Tharandir (Guest), 17-Feb-03 01:04 AM, #4

Karakan` (Guest)Mon 17-Feb-03 05:30 PM

#15481, "RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph"
In response to Reply #0

Can't say I knew you, except when you tried doing the swimto, attack, flee, repeat thing a couple of days ago. Interesting fight though, too bad you didn't come back after I healed up and prepped. I have no idea where you fled to underwater, but you've given me good reason to learn that damn ocean better in case future waterforms use the same tactics.

All in all, hope to battle you again in a future incarnation.

CayshWed 19-Feb-03 12:56 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15482, "RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph"
In response to Reply #8

I wasn't there for another fight because I realized you were the only person who had crossed the ocean in about 45 minutes, and that the next 45 weren't looking any better.

I didn't actually need to leave the area if I recall correctly. Squid doesn't show up on where when it is underwater, and the jellyfish can camo. Odds were I was still sitting in the ocean. Otherwise, there are about three or four areas I can get to from the Aryth, and four more from the Open Sea.

As for the swimto, murder, flee tactic, it usually works best for the squid. The opening round lands substantially more hits, only time it really backfired was when Narissa managed to land a blind on me, and I failed to cancel is quickly enough.

XandryaMon 17-Feb-03 05:24 PM
35 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15483, "RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph"
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for the free passage across "your" ocean.

You know, Xandrya had to swallow some pretty deep-seated fears to venture below the surface of the ocean that time with you and Paeleg. She has always been deathly afraid of drowning. And after dieing down there a couple of times, she may never try that again. Certainly not without an ivory ring anyway. But even with the deaths it was still a fun learning experience.

Where exactly were we when those guards were attacking me after the crash? Was that an underwater city? I was too scared to wander around and look at it much.

CayshWed 19-Feb-03 12:51 AM
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#15484, "RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph"
In response to Reply #7

>You know, Xandrya had to swallow some pretty deep-seated
>fears to venture below the surface of the ocean that time
>with you and Paeleg. She has always been deathly afraid of
>drowning. And after dieing down there a couple of times,
>she may never try that again. Certainly not without an
>ivory ring anyway. But even with the deaths it was still a
>fun learning experience.

Yeah, I felt bad about some of those deaths. All came back to the gear not affecting you when you were already affected by seaweed.

>Where exactly were we when those guards were attacking me
>after the crash? Was that an underwater city? I was too
>scared to wander around and look at it much.

It was Coral Head, the bottom part of it. That was quite possibly the worst series of crashes I ever endured. Logging back on spamming "shape jellyfish" hoping to get into form before I got hit by a lagging blow.

Narissa (Guest)Mon 17-Feb-03 03:33 AM

#15485, "Scary squid"
In response to Reply #0

Heh, threats and exchange of words like tentacles served to you on a plate, etc.

Damn each time I keep checking to see if you are around when I venture to the ocean. Bloody squid form!

CayshMon 17-Feb-03 12:38 AM
6 posts
#15486, "RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph"
In response to Reply #0

Utterly devoid of RP, which was the only reason I went water/water.

Way too limited. Gearing involved pking. And squid has trouble closing kills on anything but ragers. And without protections that was nearly impossible.

Forms were decent at least, probably should have stuck in there for my other final, but the character stopped being anything even remotely fun.

Drop a line if you cared more than I did.

A day in the life:
Sit on Aryth.
Hide in Kou-Toa.
Pop up.
where
Hide in Kou-Toa again.
Pop up.
where
Hide in Kou-Toa again.
(Repeat for an hour)
Get bored.
Wonder if my movie is downloaded yet.
Forget to cast water breathing again.

Oh, and a sidenote. Any time on Chacharadan didn't take it from my hours on Caysh, I played when my connection was far too bad to play anything that I felt driven to stay alive with.

Tarragain (Guest)Mon 17-Feb-03 10:57 AM

#15487, "RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph"
In response to Reply #2

You had a decent thing going there. I might have gone something else as your second focus so you had a chance to play on land or the air (I've actually done a water/air shifter before when they first came out, so I know what I'm talking about somewhat). Sure, the interaction and roleplaying would be seriously limited but... well, that's the chance you take going the forms you did.

Hope you have a good time with your next character.

Gasengond (Guest)Mon 17-Feb-03 12:32 AM

#15488, "RE: (DEL) Chacharadan the Xenomorph"
In response to Reply #0

I wondered how long a water/water shifter
was going to last.
Good Luck on the Next.

CayshMon 17-Feb-03 12:39 AM
6 posts
#15489, "About 84 hours."
In response to Reply #1

I had more fun before getting squid, than after. Probably went to the "if it comes to my oceans, KILL!!" RP too soon. Of course, Iell's involvement didn't help any either.

Tharandir (Guest)Mon 17-Feb-03 01:04 AM

#15490, "RE: About 84 hours."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah....so I am in Hamseh just about to walk down to the new continent for a bit of regearing and see this squid. So I think to myself: "Well, I don't have any problems with any squid that I know of. So I'll just step out anyway."

Next thing I know, I'm dead. Then I get: "Thank your friend Iell for that one."

Ummm....hunh? Who the hell is Iell? Anyway, no hard feelings, I thought it was pretty funny that after you found out I wasn't Sylvan you said you were sorry. Heh. See you next time around. (Tough focus by the way, I can see why it didn't last all that long, especially with you're take on it.)

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15480 Previous topic | Next topic