Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Yervesash the Dweller of the Wild..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #146436
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 19-Apr-24 10:45 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16827 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#146436, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Yervesash the Dweller of the Wilds, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris"

Fri Apr 19 22:40:47 2024

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Yervesash perished, never to return.

Race:frost
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:132

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Yervesash (Anonymous)Sun 21-Apr-24 06:11 PM
Charter member
#146440, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Yervesash the Dweller of the ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 21-Apr-24 06:42 PM

So this was fun until it got less fun. I had this whole idea to try to push to follow Ocaiye and never heard anything back, and ultimately the lack of immortal response to me normally is what kills my characters the fastest. I enjoyed the people I interacted with, especially Braughe, Snarbeldina, and Nith.

I saw there were some thoughts about my stances against the Fortress and dwarves on discord. Yervesash was enemy of Thar-Eris first, then everyone else second. Scion, Trib, Empire, enemy classes, etc. I had good conversations with most of my enemies that I talked, even those that would be my enemies specifically but not Outlander enemies. Outlander is all about choice, and making choices of who you attack and when you attack is all part of free will. Because of that, while I would state Fortress wasn't my main enemy, I would not tell anyone not to go hunt them if they wanted to. Outlander leaders shouldn't tell people "not" to do anything beyond what the Ancients have said specifically to tell them not to do. They should just guide.

Fun fact about Outlander, so everyone knows: Dwarves and duergar may be hunted freely, but are not specific enemies of Outlander. That's the way it's worded in the bark which is the basic guide for Outlander. If the Outlander IMMs want to change it, I'm sure they can. Another one: It says "Be wary" of those like paladins and thieves, but not "kill them on sight". It's again, a choice. There is very specific wording on who are enemies that are meant to be killed and those that aren't.

I just want to end by saying playing a character how someone plays it is a personal choice and as long as you are following your cabal and your align and your role in whichever order you find makes the most sense for you (in my case, Outlander then ethos then align), then what's the problem?

It was fun and I'll be back in some other iteration sometime.

FullmoonCatMon 22-Apr-24 01:01 PM
Member since 10th Jan 2023
154 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#146442, "Personal choices"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Mon 22-Apr-24 01:01 PM

There is no right or wrong way to play the game. People always try to say this or that is "good for the game," but what they really mean is it's good for what they enjoy about the game. Which might not be what you enjoy about the game. Personally, I am always happier to see people making interesting choices that will lead to more variety in interactions. I didn't interact with your character, there was no Nightreaver while I was Sunwarden, but I say good for you for not making the obvious choice. The fact that people are talking about it is a good thing, no matter what their view of that choice was.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #146436 Previous topic | Next topic