Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of The..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145972
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 17-Jan-24 03:25 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145972, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of The Goblin Court, Commander of Battle"

Wed Jan 17 14:21:41 2024

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Xzelyx perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:643

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RIP!, xrus, 19-Jan-24 10:20 AM, #16
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of..., Fisih (Anonymous), 18-Jan-24 11:50 PM, #15
Reply PBF i bought for you when Pvask deleted nt, Rogue, 18-Jan-24 02:17 AM, #9
Reply Thank you! I donated for it too, so I wanna see it twi..., VitriolicStream, 18-Jan-24 02:25 PM, #14
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of..., VitriolicStream, 17-Jan-24 03:30 PM, #1
     Reply You were impossible to deal with for me, Arinayar (Anonymous), 17-Jan-24 03:47 PM, #2
     Reply RE: You were impossible to deal with for me, VitriolicStream, 17-Jan-24 07:00 PM, #6
          Reply VERY close indeed, Arinayar (Anonymous), 18-Jan-24 03:14 AM, #10
     Reply Excellent!, Dallevian, 17-Jan-24 05:21 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Excellent!, VitriolicStream, 17-Jan-24 07:01 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of..., Dhuuston (Anonymous), 17-Jan-24 06:36 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of..., VitriolicStream, 17-Jan-24 06:53 PM, #5
     Reply So many of my chars were just drawn to you, Rogue, 18-Jan-24 02:16 AM, #8
     Reply RE: So many of my chars were just drawn to you, VitriolicStream, 18-Jan-24 11:27 AM, #12
     Reply Farewell., Outhyen (Anonymous), 18-Jan-24 10:58 AM, #11
          Reply RE: Farewell., VitriolicStream, 18-Jan-24 11:28 AM, #13

xrusFri 19-Jan-24 10:20 AM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145990, "RIP!"
In response to Reply #0

I played some villagers and many mages and almost always gave you a fight as my mages, even if I knew I couldn't win, just because you were good sport.

Anything aside, thanks for how you handled inductions. Considering the reduced numbers of players, Our age, real life issues, lack of CF dedication possibilities and ... It was very nice to induct as easy as you did. I hope they continue this method. Just for this single reason, I will never forget Xzelyx!

Fisih (Anonymous)Thu 18-Jan-24 11:50 PM
Charter member
#145989, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of..."
In response to Reply #0

I liked the quiet menace, and can’t believe how lucky I got the one time I managed to kill you. I like tough characters that have solid roleplay like this one - fun to fight even when I died.

Glwyn

RogueThu 18-Jan-24 02:17 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#145981, "PBF i bought for you when Pvask deleted nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

VitriolicStreamThu 18-Jan-24 02:25 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#145987, "Thank you! I donated for it too, so I wanna see it twi..."
In response to Reply #9

nt

VitriolicStreamWed 17-Jan-24 03:30 PM
212 posts
#145973, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of..."
In response to Reply #0

So, that was quite fun. I started the character a while back to try out the build that Hexugar had. When I was playing then, I was jealous, he always popped on the CB with "so and so is dead. Oh, and I tripped and killed his friend too". I was not disappointed with the build.

I tried to make a point with this character to not shy away from battles that I had a reasonable chance of surviving from. I also poured every single thing I could into extra con, so that was quite a lot of deaths with early leadership.

Lots of people to remember, so I won't try to call anyone out. I will say that despite a lot of the negativity on the forums and discord, the one thing that really shone out was how well enemies treated me when I fell. It was rare that I lost anything except coins, and I can't really recall a time I lost more than three items. In exchange, I tried to keep on bringing the fights.

So a good experience all around

Arinayar (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jan-24 03:47 PM
Charter member
#145974, "You were impossible to deal with for me"
In response to Reply #1

Me running from Yerek into you, into Nesostrei was a crazy circumstance. I appreciated your statement that you did not intend things to happen that way a lot. Great sportsmanship.

Making hunting mages political makes sense (somewhat), especially as an evil Commander but it's lame when we mechanically should be taking the head but really can't (you'd be in trouble if we did that on the regular).

Many of your actions inadvertently laid bare how much the Cabal is in dire straits. But that's not on you. A loaded topic, so I will leave it at that.

See you with the next!

VitriolicStreamWed 17-Jan-24 07:00 PM
212 posts
#145978, "RE: You were impossible to deal with for me"
In response to Reply #2

Invokers are just a really poor matchup against village scouts, period. I met a couple of invokers that did well, but mostly it was by trying to be sneaky about things and take advantage of me pushing at them.

And the politics were entirely intentional. I wanted to keep the head (got tired of having to get it every time I woke when I first started), and I wanted to have everybody fighting everybody else.

I always figured that people are more likely to battle if they're pretty sure they are going to get the majority of their armor back. I wanted as many fights as I could get. And I think I spent some two hundred hours with the exact same set, which might be a record for me. It wasn't all the very best things, but gave me enough stat coverage, saves, and HPs to make things work well.

I'm going to say I am horribly disappointed you got away yesterday! So VERY close. I mistyped two things, otherwise I think I would have had you

Arinayar (Anonymous)Thu 18-Jan-24 03:14 AM
Charter member
#145982, "VERY close indeed"
In response to Reply #6

It was that a few times! Impossible as your build was, I am happy I managed to escape it at least.

DallevianWed 17-Jan-24 05:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1620 posts
#145975, "Excellent!"
In response to Reply #1

I loved this character and am hugely impressed with how top notch you were from beginning to end. That's such an achievement.

It was great to see you in action from various angles - as your enemy, your ally, a young villager, roadkill, and so on.

Way to play and leave your mark for an entire year.

VitriolicStreamWed 17-Jan-24 07:01 PM
212 posts
#145979, "RE: Excellent!"
In response to Reply #3

Thank you!

Roadkill...ha! Let me guess, Eastern Road? I will have it known for the record that I definitely DID hunt far away from there. And I had no qualms about waking up and killing anyone I found there

Dhuuston (Anonymous)Wed 17-Jan-24 06:36 PM
Charter member
#145976, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of..."
In response to Reply #1

I didn’t interact with you all that much but when I did you always kept it professional. Despite what happened yesterday in Maethien, I really did like your character. Thanks for not going too balls out on me after the mages bailed. I was still frustrated to die there and I apologize for how I handled that. Once again, you kept your word, so thank you. Can’t wait to see your next, hopefully not Team Evil™!

VitriolicStreamWed 17-Jan-24 06:53 PM
212 posts
#145977, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Xzelyx Vo the Bloody Bastard of..."
In response to Reply #4

I figured you were going to die anyways, and being a goblin-loving villager, technically parity wasn't broken since you were part of a party of five. Not our fault that your mage friends left. You should really be angry at them, maybe kill them, mmmkay?

I tried to make a point with Xzelyx to always be respectful and polite to people, even when I was insulting them. Respect was big with him, and it led to a couple of wars.

Not sure what's next really, think I need a touch of a break first!

RogueThu 18-Jan-24 02:16 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#145980, "So many of my chars were just drawn to you"
In response to Reply #1

yccalla, pvask, leemoine, zcarad, felar ap app at least, something about you when i would interact just clicked. We were very close friends on a couple toons I think, and I also think im responsible for at least 2 leader con LOL.

I truly and thoroughly enjoyed every interaction that we had, the exploring, the behind the scenes politics and cabal wars and secrets we had.

Your char is in one of the top tier lists of mine, and again, I enjoyed every interaction we had.

VitriolicStreamThu 18-Jan-24 11:27 AM
212 posts
#145984, "RE: So many of my chars were just drawn to you"
In response to Reply #8

You know, I think you just might be. I could have lasted another three years if it wasn't for you!

Agreed, I enjoyed your characters, and I definitely enjoyed the political games and such.

Outhyen (Anonymous)Thu 18-Jan-24 10:58 AM
Charter member
#145983, "Farewell."
In response to Reply #1

Enjoyed our fights, our conversations and the sense that your char gave me. After I'm gone, I'll maybe say more but job well done.

VitriolicStreamThu 18-Jan-24 11:28 AM
212 posts
#145985, "RE: Farewell."
In response to Reply #11

Damned millipede-kelpie. I appreciate our conversations too, and your willingness to come out and fight. Solid char

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #145972 Previous topic | Next topic