Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warcat, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141845
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 12-Sep-21 01:55 PM
Member since 06th May 2024
16831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141845, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warcat, Anathema to the Empire"

Sun Sep 12 13:52:49 2021

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Ahinu perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:753

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Very well done. I was a huge fan. Please come back soon..., k-b, 20-Sep-21 10:54 AM, #13
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..., Elebe (Anonymous), 15-Sep-21 02:33 PM, #12
Reply nice job. were you new to cf?, Dallevian, 13-Sep-21 02:32 PM, #9
Reply RE: nice job. were you new to cf?, Ahinu (Anonymous), 13-Sep-21 08:02 PM, #11
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..., Williad (Anonymous), 12-Sep-21 07:11 PM, #7
Reply Rest well hunter, Alendross (Anonymous), 12-Sep-21 03:40 PM, #5
Reply RE: Rest well hunter, Ahinu (Anonymous), 12-Sep-21 05:56 PM, #6
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..., Ahinu (Anonymous), 12-Sep-21 02:42 PM, #2
Reply Grats on the age death and mad hours, xyfa, 12-Sep-21 03:05 PM, #3
Reply RE: Grats on the age death and mad hours, Ahinu (Anonymous), 12-Sep-21 03:33 PM, #4
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..., Jhyrbian, 13-Sep-21 04:26 PM, #10
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..., Ahinu (Anonymous), 12-Sep-21 02:00 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..., Hoisshyr (Anonymous), 13-Sep-21 01:10 PM, #8

k-bMon 20-Sep-21 10:54 AM
Member since 19th Mar 2010
344 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141888, "Very well done. I was a huge fan. Please come back soon..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

Elebe (Anonymous)Wed 15-Sep-21 02:33 PM
Charter member
#141871, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..."
In response to Reply #0

Our times never really met up. I do remember one instance, you came to retrieve
and I completely underestimated you. I got steam rolled, grotesquely 😂

You also had very good rp beyond your competent pk skills. You never rubbed
it in and we had a good conversation afterwards.

I think Ahinu was a spectacular imperial and can’t wait to see what you play next!

DallevianMon 13-Sep-21 02:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1620 posts
#141859, "nice job. were you new to cf?"
In response to Reply #0

i like to see new cf'ers do well. emperor is a great testament to you hanging in there. i hope you enjoyed it!

come back with another character, it'll be great to see you build on this one. cheers.

Ahinu (Anonymous)Mon 13-Sep-21 08:02 PM
Charter member
#141863, "RE: nice job. were you new to cf?"
In response to Reply #9

Hallo Sir! Do you know the way to Darsylon?

Williad (Anonymous)Sun 12-Sep-21 07:11 PM
Charter member
#141853, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..."
In response to Reply #0

Great work on long lived Emperor.

I totally liked that you weren’t afraid to constantly run a full council. I can’t respect an emperor who doesn’t have a HP to avoid a vote. My feeling is that you survived so long because you were an emperor that every sect leader didn’t mind. You never requested gear, you didn’t stupidly sacrifice sect leaders on a foolish raid (least that I saw). You never made them jump through silly hoops and you accepted advice/strategy when it was appropriate. Requesting a vote is a risk because you might not win and get a worse emperor.

I am sure losing the vote was probably just the current people wanting to spice up the game, rather than a reflection on your performance.

I never faced you as an enemy, so will let other people comment from that side, but I always enjoyed being on your team.
Good luck with the next Imperial (surely it's in your blood now), unless your next will be outlander or fort, in which case, bad luck. 😊

Alendross (Anonymous)Sun 12-Sep-21 03:40 PM
Charter member
#141850, "Rest well hunter"
In response to Reply #0

Our times didn't seem to align very often, but I remember thinking how competent you were from every time we fought. I'd go in thinking I could play some cat and mouse and instead I'd just be a dead mouse. Well done and GLWYN.

Ahinu (Anonymous)Sun 12-Sep-21 05:56 PM
Charter member
#141851, "RE: Rest well hunter"
In response to Reply #5

For what it's worth, you were my vote in the "favorite character" contest.

Ahinu (Anonymous)Sun 12-Sep-21 02:42 PM
Charter member
#141847, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..."
In response to Reply #0

Ahinu was created after some frustrating fights I had with Zodslag and Itzen that led me to conclude I would never kill either of them unless it was with something cheesy like assassinate. As it turns out, even that wasn't enough!

Role-wise my goal was to create a credible anti-hero with a plausible justification for Empire role-play beyond just "I want power and I'm a bad guy."

At his core, Ahinu was an idealist who had a particular utopian vision for Thera. He was a Maran reject who never let go of his desire to make the world a better place. To his mind, the only credible means to achieving this utopia was a fascist autocracy like the Empire. Those such as the Maran lacked the necessary will to do what needed to be done. Ends justify the means, etc. He always considered himself to be working toward the common good even as he murdered and maimed.

In case anyone is curious, "shree-Jaya" means "green eyes" in the felar language, which is a nod to my description. My other motto, "Frealle na Eanr" means "Many into One" in felar. It's basically the evil Empire equivalent of "e pluribus unum". It was intended to communicate the idea that all the varied races and cultures of Thera would eventually be rolled into the Empire and serve its ends. They would not be obliterated; rather, they would be co-opted, Borg style, and bent to serve the engine of progress and prosperity.

The best chat I had along these lines was with Java's paladin. I made my points, and he shot them down one-by-one while sticking to his moral absolutes. Was perfect. Side note to Java: the time I assassinated you in the Seantryn palace was a total mistake on my part. Somehow it totally slipped my mind that the palace was part of the city and, thus, a protected area. Sorry about that! Other than that one time, I was pretty above-board with respect to not attacking people in towns.

Re: Empire politics and the votes: I did consider leaving one council seat empty Glikhardiz-style, but I remember thinking at the time how lame that was, so in the interest of not being a hypocrite I made it a point to keep a full council. Not the smartest move from the perspective of self-preservation; but hopefully the most fun one.

Likewise, after the final vote was called I considered intentionally age-dying myself, but it seemed like the ultimate admission of defeat and Ahinu was sphere Victory. One perk of being anathema was that I got a chance to test how difficult it would be for me to solo-raid Empire. Answer: pretty easy.

One random suggestion re: Empire: make it possible for the Emperor and Sect Leaders to demote anyone elite-or-higher even if that person is offline. I wanted to promote Zaktai for ages but both elite spots were full and I could never catch the guy I wanted to demote when he was online.

xyfaSun 12-Sep-21 03:05 PM
Member since 03rd Mar 2018
151 posts
#141848, "Grats on the age death and mad hours"
In response to Reply #2

That was some serious staying power. Enjoyed having you as an enemy as Narzas, I don't think I ever had a hero in your range as an ally (though it was a shame about that death at the tree, watching that out of range is always rough). Agree on the elite thing, it didn't bother me on Zaktai because black sect elite is whatever but I'd have found it a very very frustrating state of affairs as a blade or divine.

Knowing a few more pieces of your backstory definitely explains a few things, though if you're interested in sharing, I always wondered what the deal was with the empire/battle treaty earlier in the year? It was hard to figure out what was going on there as a non imperial.

GLWYN

Ahinu (Anonymous)Sun 12-Sep-21 03:33 PM
Charter member
#141849, "RE: Grats on the age death and mad hours"
In response to Reply #3

That tree death was frustrating, as was the one to Narzas. That time at the tree I should have put up piercing gaze as soon as the outer fell. Still might not have saved me, but then again it might have.

In the Narzas fight I just missed all my stuff and you landed all yours, and I waited too long to bail. So dumb. Surprisingly, though, not as dumb as the first time I lost strange bracers!

The Battle treaty wasn't anything complicated. From my point of view they were a distraction, with the primary enemies being Fortress and Outlander. Once the Fortress was in ruins and the Tree burned to the ground, then we'd go take care of those pesky ragers

Once it started looking like I was going to get smacked for not being conquesty enough I went ahead and nullified it.

JhyrbianMon 13-Sep-21 04:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141861, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..."
In response to Reply #2

any relation to Sivyh or Sulye? If not you have a doppelganger personality wise out there.

Ahinu (Anonymous)Sun 12-Sep-21 02:00 PM
Charter member
#141846, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..."
In response to Reply #0

You say to the Imperial Vanquisher 'I was the best of you, Citizen, and I gave you my best.'

You say to a Maran Tara'bal 'It was you who set her against me, Tar'abal, and laid the path I was to follow.'

You say to a Maran Tara'bal 'For this, I will never forgive you, even as I will never forgive myself.'

A lone trumpet sounds out from the Imperial Lands to mark the death of Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warcat and ex-Emperor.

Within a minute, a group of Imperial soldiers surround the bard that played the somber tune and stab him no fewer than one hundred
times for recognizing the Anathema, leaving his body in a pool of blood.

A Grove of Shady Trees

[Exits: east]
A farm cat lazes here, watching you.

Ahinu lowers his etheral form to the ground beside a gnarled, old oak tree.

Ahinu lays one paw on a mound that rises gently from the ground near the tree.

You say 'I come to you, Ashana. At long last, I come.'

You say 'We were only children, playing at soldier. What did we know?'

You say 'Too little. Too little by far.'

You say 'Right, then. It is time.'

Ahinu seems to visibly gather himself before speaking again.

You say 'My heart, my soul, my life...'

You yell '...are my OWN!'

Awaiting the hour of reprisal, your time slips away...
Your form dissolves and you find yourself in Hell.

Hoisshyr (Anonymous)Mon 13-Sep-21 01:10 PM
Charter member
#141858, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Ahinu shree-Jaya the Golden Warc..."
In response to Reply #1

I appreciated the chance you gave me as War Master, and all that you shared. I wish our play times had aligned more, and hope that your regerts were few when it came to how things played out in the Blade sect. Cheers and good luck with your next!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #141845 Previous topic | Next topic