Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [ENTROPY] Xiqoanna the Weaver of the Elem..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138836
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 23-Apr-20 10:40 PM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138836, "(RAGE DELETE) [ENTROPY] Xiqoanna the Weaver of the Elements"

Thu Apr 23 22:38:31 2020

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Xiqoanna perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:ENTROPY, the Barons of Chaos
Hours:340

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I was a big fan., Aztezul, 27-Apr-20 09:49 AM, #9
Reply Time to move on., Xiqoanna (Anonymous), 25-Apr-20 08:16 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Time to move on., Not An Imm, 25-Apr-20 10:18 PM, #2
     Reply Maybe, but I don't think that was it, Xiqoanna (Anonymous), 27-Apr-20 07:48 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Time to move on., Rahsael, 26-Apr-20 09:06 AM, #3
     Reply With no offense to you or coders, Sertius, 27-Apr-20 12:22 AM, #6
     Reply I'll second this., Aithiar, 27-Apr-20 07:17 AM, #7
          Reply Might be better on Gameplay., Jormyr, 27-Apr-20 12:47 PM, #10
     Reply My Imm opinion wasn't all negative, Xiqoanna (Anonymous), 27-Apr-20 05:15 PM, #11
          Reply RE: My Imm opinion wasn't all negative, Rahsael, 28-Apr-20 09:19 PM, #13
     Reply Really sorry to see you go., Habdazzle (Anonymous), 26-Apr-20 09:14 AM, #4
     Reply I was glad to pass on what little invoker knowledge I h..., SPN, 26-Apr-20 10:08 PM, #5
          Reply RE: I was glad to pass on what little invoker knowledge..., Xiqoanna (Anonymous), 27-Apr-20 05:17 PM, #12

AztezulMon 27-Apr-20 09:49 AM
Member since 10th Jan 2020
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138874, "I was a big fan."
In response to Reply #0

Aztezul kind of just shrugged you off as an annoyance but as a player I was always rooting for you. You were one of the few who were persistent about retaking their cabal item (which was doubly impressive since your powers are basically pointless at this point).

Good luck with the next. Give trib a shot.

Xiqoanna (Anonymous)Sat 25-Apr-20 08:16 PM
Charter member
#138848, "Time to move on."
In response to Reply #0

This was my first invoker and first Entropy character. Both were pretty fun.

Thanks to everyone who helped me learn the ropes of the invoker class.

Most of the people I had much interaction with already deleted. It's hard to remember names of those that are left except Habdazzle. It was fun Hab. I'm sure I'm forgetting people, sorry.

I was disappointed that I never got made recruiter. I'm not sure what imms wanted, but why not try to guide IC? Overall, my only disappointments were with the Imms and the occasional random annoying person.

Morius, if you're going to beat on someone all over Thera, while their cabal is being raided, for killing one of your followers that was taunting her from within his temple, you could at least through out 50 imm exp.

Really, there was several times where I thought, "Can I not get even a little imm love?"

Apparently I was doing Chaos wrong and no one wanted to help me figure it out. It didn't ruin the character, but it was all disappointing.

In the end, I felt like I was hoarding wands and other items so just decided to delete. My other characters just became so much more interesting after the imms leadership rejection without much reasoning given.

I'm interested in people's opinions (imms and mortals) on the character if there are any. Was Xiqoanna just annoying? Dumb? Fun?

Is it still free PBF week?

Peace out.

Not An ImmSat 25-Apr-20 10:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
141 posts
#138849, "RE: Time to move on."
In response to Reply #1

Hey, I don't play currently so can't comment on anything about the character, but if you were looking for possible explanations on being snubbed for a leadership job:

>My other characters just became so much more interesting after the imms leadership rejection without much reasoning given.

If you were playing multiple characters and the imms noticed it, that can put them off from giving you leadership positions. Leaders need to be around a lot and focus on a single character. Too often the game has had deadbeat leaders that disappear for long periods to play other characters rather than improve things in their own cabals, that's really frowned on.

Xiqoanna (Anonymous)Mon 27-Apr-20 07:48 AM
Charter member
#138873, "Maybe, but I don't think that was it"
In response to Reply #2

At the time, I wasn't even playing the other characters enough to not get hit by the anti-hoarding code.

Also, there was a conversation I had with some Imm in the Imperial lands. "A multi-toned voice" basically told me I wasn't doing chaos right so I couldn't be recruiter, then disappeared.

That's why I used the word rejection. I was told I wouldn't be the leader because some Imm(s) didn't like my chaos-magic RP.

RahsaelSun 26-Apr-20 09:06 AM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#138854, "RE: Time to move on."
In response to Reply #1

I watched you when our times aligned and wanted to give you some kind of cabal bump. Xiq was a good character, but I never caught Xiq doing anything befitting an agent of chaos or discord.

That might be my fault for not being as heavy handed as I could have been with Entropy. I did try speaking with you once but I don't know that I ever saw anything come of it. I am changing up how Entropy works in practice going forward, so future entropists can expect a little more involvement and course-correction, among other things.

SertiusMon 27-Apr-20 12:22 AM
Member since 17th Nov 2008
360 posts
#138870, "With no offense to you or coders"
In response to Reply #3

Just give entropy some worthy powers. Currently it's kinda useless. I've tried three and it's both lonely and extremely underpowered. Some very easy tricks like no save on garble and no/low timer on randomize can be done in five minutes if you can't make dopple or mirror work. Transform or that old master damage thing with side effects can be brought back. You know, something actually useful.

AithiarMon 27-Apr-20 06:21 AM
Member since 26th Mar 2017
73 posts
#138872, "I'll second this."
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Mon 27-Apr-20 07:17 AM

"Just give entropy some worthy powers. Currently it's kinda useless."

The bulk of Entropy's powers are, at present, essentially pointless. And not just from a PK perspective, but largely from a roleplaying point of view as well.

In light of this, I'd advocate for the Keeper to not only be made significantly more powerful, but in fact the most dangerous cabal inner guardian of the game. Thematically, this would translate to Entropy, the non-cabal without any clearly defined purpose, to paradoxically wield a set of primordial powers that cause the individual members to have a "tectonic" presence in the game; in a way unlike that of the cabals featuring well-defined hierarchies and goals.

In other words, the most passive and inscrutable as the most powerful and consequential. An enigma and a paradox, rolled into one. Such a framework would render Entropy's individual members a meaningful presence in the game, while the cabal itself seems to make no sense and appears to lack any discernible cause. Depending entirely on the alignment and roleplay of any given Entropy member, these powers will either be experienced by Thera as tantalizing and oddly enlightening in a benevolent way, or as maddening and truly dreadful in a Lovecraftian fashion.

JormyrMon 27-Apr-20 12:47 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
#138876, "Might be better on Gameplay."
In response to Reply #7

I debated addressing the previous response, but thought I'd leave Graveyard to Graveyard. At this point, my posting could probably serve both points.

Let's do what we can to leave this to a graveyard post for the character.

As a quick response - coder time is extremely limited at the moment. I would hazard a guess that Entropy (as it currently exists) isn't how anyone really intended. My recommendation for the moment would be if you're interested to play Entropy, do so for the roleplay purpose.

That's sort of the super-quick summary, but I think to put in more detail would do better justice on Gameplay vs. taking over the deletion thread, which I'm not against seeing it there.

Xiqoanna (Anonymous)Mon 27-Apr-20 05:15 PM
Charter member
#138878, "My Imm opinion wasn't all negative"
In response to Reply #3

I feel I didn't say enough about the good things. I did appreciate the couple of times I did get imm experience, and the multiple times I got role chapter acknowledgment experience. Daphedee seemed cool, but our play times didn't line up much I think.

That being said, I think it would make the game more enjoyable for a lot of players to get small amounts of imm exp more often. What about throwing out 25 or 50 exp every time a random snoop goes okay. If it goes good make it 50 or 100 exp.

I just think there is not a lot of consistency on how it's down, but maybe I'm wrong. It seems like some characters regular imm experience throughout their lives. Then, there is people like me that have never even hit the 500 imm exp to get the first bit of edge points in that category.

Just some thoughts. Maybe this is the wrong forum for this discussion.

And I do want to make it clear, overall, I am very grateful to the entire imm staff for the time and effort they put into keeping this game going. This was just one time things didn't really go my way and it's not a big deal. Thank you all for your work.

RahsaelTue 28-Apr-20 09:19 PM
Member since 05th May 2017
232 posts
#138882, "RE: My Imm opinion wasn't all negative"
In response to Reply #11

Thanks so much! I didn't take it that way and my regret is that I didn't do more to help make your overall experience more positive. Good luck with your next!

Habdazzle (Anonymous)Sun 26-Apr-20 09:14 AM
Charter member
#138855, "Really sorry to see you go."
In response to Reply #1

I very much enjoyed Xiq, and you made log ins very fun for me when you were around. I truly appreciate all the help, and I appreciate having an ally to go exploring with. You were always good at making me laugh as well.

From my perspective, Xiq was an exceptional Entropist. I wouldn't go beating myself up over the lack of IMM involvement. You played a great character, and I can't wait to see what you've got coming next. Take care and GLWYN.

SPNSun 26-Apr-20 10:08 PM
Member since 24th Oct 2004
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#138869, "I was glad to pass on what little invoker knowledge I h..."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our interactions (as Tanamara). Entropy and Outlanfers make such natural allies.

Xiqoanna (Anonymous)Mon 27-Apr-20 05:17 PM
Charter member
#138879, "RE: I was glad to pass on what little invoker knowledge..."
In response to Reply #5

Agreed and thanks. It was nice to have a few invoker outlanders around to help me learn the ropes.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138836 Previous topic | Next topic