Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Graitel Serai the Societal Scholar..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137808
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 08-Dec-19 01:30 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137808, "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Graitel Serai the Societal Scholar of Law, Emperor of Thera"

Sun Dec 8 12:26:22 2019

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Graitel perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:637

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Fantastic., xyfa, 08-Dec-19 02:13 PM, #3
Reply Piercing gaze, clnt2020, 14-Dec-19 03:34 PM, #4
     Reply They changed it a while back, Onewingedangel, 14-Dec-19 05:10 PM, #5
          Reply Ugh, clnt2020, 15-Dec-19 02:32 AM, #6
               Reply Well, not really for the snowball, Onewingedangel, 15-Dec-19 02:38 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Ugh, Jarmel, 16-Dec-19 02:34 AM, #8
Reply Brilliant., Gruntner (Anonymous), 08-Dec-19 01:56 PM, #2
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Graitel Serai the Societal Sch..., Well done (Anonymous), 08-Dec-19 01:42 PM, #1

xyfaSun 08-Dec-19 02:13 PM
Member since 03rd Mar 2018
150 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#137812, "Fantastic."
In response to Reply #0

Amazing job, man. Graitel was awesome. Very few characters I've had as much fun playing on the same team as, and you were a really scary foe as well. I'm so glad you got Emperor, you really did deserve it across like three votes that I saw, but obviously that's not always how imp politics works. A real shame that you didn't get longer with the full array of Emperor powers, you definitely seemed to rally the troops when you were around and I imagine so many people breathed a sigh of relief when you lost piercing gaze.

Looks like you went out in an awesome way too, which can't be that common for age deaths! Can't wait for your next one, you're setting the bar high. A big big loss for Empire.

Malgren/Ralshamar.

clnt2020Sat 14-Dec-19 03:34 PM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
#137845, "Piercing gaze"
In response to Reply #3

Why did he lose it? I didn't play for years, Emperors don't have it anymore? Just curious.

OnewingedangelSat 14-Dec-19 05:10 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#137846, "They changed it a while back"
In response to Reply #4

You have to have an appointed council member for that sect or else you don't get the powers from it. So no healing curse if no high priest, no sigil if no dread lord, etc.

clnt2020Sun 15-Dec-19 02:32 AM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
#137848, "Ugh"
In response to Reply #5

Well, sounds like a snowball - strong get stronger. But, from the other hand, more chances for the coup... And if you was a shadow lord, and now you are emperor, do you lose a piercing gaze after promotion? That would be weird.

OnewingedangelSun 15-Dec-19 02:38 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#137854, "Well, not really for the snowball"
In response to Reply #6

It was to make sure an Emperor wanted to appoint a council, for, as you said, more chances for a coup. I'm like 87% certain that change was implemented to stop emperor's from just appointing one or two and reigning in absolute safety with all powers. As for the second part of your post...I do not know the answer to that one.

JarmelMon 16-Dec-19 02:34 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
375 posts
#137860, "RE: Ugh"
In response to Reply #6

As Varric I did not have tactics as Emperor until I promoted a War Master.

Gruntner (Anonymous)Sun 08-Dec-19 01:56 PM
Charter member
#137810, "Brilliant."
In response to Reply #0

Where to start.. you were an amazingly tough foe, always willing to mix it up. And damn - imagine my surprise when I log in and there are two shamans and an Orc in front of me.. I had no idea what preps I had up, or what to do. I knew it was a bad situation for me, but I had to make a stand! You were always super classy to fight, win or lose and I loved that about you. Made diving into even bad odds, more of a thrill than it could have been. We had chats after many battles, and those damned gloves we must have traded back and forth six times! Crazy that would be what caused the age death. I was utterly confused when I got back to my corpse to see you there in chains... Anyway, amazing character. Wish you had been Emperor longer, as I think you inspired your troops! Kudos on a job well done, a long lived character, and making it to age death! Can't wait to see your next!

-Gruntner

Well done (Anonymous)Sun 08-Dec-19 01:39 PM
Charter member
#137809, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Graitel Serai the Societal Sch..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 08-Dec-19 01:42 PM

Very well done, expecially in this rough times. I'll miss you much. You always was better tactician with all your chars then I and somehow managed to be realy deadly. Hope to see your next on our side again soon.

Sylvari

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #137808 Previous topic | Next topic