Subject: "(AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13638
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 28-Dec-02 02:57 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13638, "(AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"

Sat Dec 28 14:52:43 2002

7 o''clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dragon on the Theran calendar Sahannara perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:662
PK Ratio:41% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds, Sahannara (Guest), 28-Dec-02 03:58 PM, #1
     Reply Too bad your gone., Cardiel (Guest), 28-Dec-02 04:37 PM, #2
     Reply But...but...but..., Vladamir, 29-Dec-02 04:40 AM, #8
          Reply I've noticed...., Quiditus, 29-Dec-02 09:29 PM, #9
          Reply The imms also tell you:, Valguarnera, 29-Dec-02 09:41 PM, #10
               Reply Re, Rooqweaz, 30-Dec-02 03:33 AM, #11
               Reply RE: The imms also tell you:, Valkenar, 25-Jan-03 07:53 PM, #16
                    Reply RE: The imms also tell you:, Valguarnera, 25-Jan-03 08:04 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds, Sassmi (Guest), 28-Dec-02 10:14 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds, Gwimdorf, 28-Dec-02 11:21 PM, #4
     Reply Finally, I mean, really!, Simyar, 28-Dec-02 11:31 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds, Boldereth, 29-Dec-02 01:50 AM, #6
     Reply I tried!!, Lycith (Guest), 29-Dec-02 04:17 AM, #7
     Reply RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds, Ferend (Guest), 22-Jan-03 09:13 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds, Oaken (Guest), 22-Jan-03 11:01 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds, Saha (Guest), 25-Jan-03 11:40 AM, #14
     Reply actually, Adrigon, 25-Jan-03 03:18 PM, #15
     Reply RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds, Yodinfrid (Guest), 17-Feb-03 08:54 PM, #18

Sahannara (Guest)Sat 28-Dec-02 03:58 PM

#13639, "RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #0

Well it seems that all comes to an end, and the body of this giant could not stand anymore for being so old, This was my first hero ranger after the revamp of the rangers, you know, I missed my bears, my ranger staff as an exotic weapon, and all those skills and spell That made it to be a good hunter, capable to see must of the things in thera. But the rangers are a quite good class, I like them, the new ambush lag I don’t like it, and I believe that immortals could make the track skill more useful, by telling us if are fresh tracks or not.
Many people I met with this ranger, so many that I cant remember all…

Sylvans:

Saldradien: at the beginning you were very hard with me, and I did not liked you for that, now I thank you for that. Suddenly you changed, for good, speaking more with the pack, making some jokes, and I really like it. It was good to know you even that we did not speak that much.

Captains
Priolith: One of the best friends of Sahannara, I really liked you, you were my mentor of the wilds, I had fun hunting with you, raiding the scions, tribbis and warlocks, a big wolf you were, a strong one too, and a very good friend, I was sad when you left.

Boldereth: It was fun when we were young, and you were not captain, hunting, making some jokes and confusing some of the cubs

Alysrith: One of the best captain that sahannara ever had, and a very good friend. With you sahannara did not doubt to gave her life to protect her captain, our times were hard, we die many times, but we never gave up, I learn many things from you, and it was fun to hunt with you. The only thing that sometimes did not like was that elven speak, usually I was like… what was the meaning of that, I wonder if it is the meaning of an ally or a foe…
But it was fun.

Blimbali: it was good to hunt with you, I know that in those times I liked to hunt alone. You did a very nice job as captain. And I thank you for allowed me to hunt and travel solo without telling me to do not do that, or any other thing. Yes this character has being in thera for a long time, the role code did not exist at that time, the lord of the Grey horn was alive, I was a follower of him, and dwarven forest, was a complete forest, there was no road…

Gwimdorf: I always wanted to learn your gate trick, and you never show me how to do that. . I recall the first time we meet, you really improve much as a healer, at the time you were captain you knew what to do, and how to do it. We had a bad start, but a nice end, you did a fine job as captain and like Blimbali I thank you for the same thing you have with me.

Nunchyk: I respected you, you were nice with many of the pack, in some way you reminded me when I was young, as you went to hunt and gave some good gear to those young wolves, I know how frustrating could be dieing, and being full looted, but as captain you must show strength since you are the alpha wolf, the stronger wolf. Was nice to have another giant ranger in the grove, that was a good hunter.

Lieutenants:

Ferend: I wanted to hero you, but you were always so concerned about speaking with the cubs and did not wanted to increase your ranks, And then you suddenly disappear for along time. Sahannara liked to speak with you.

Shalven: the true wolf, I wonder how hard it was to play like you did, could not say ‘I need some help’ by cabal channel, and sometimes I did not understand why shalven acted that way, I liked you, your way of being a wolf or a dog, the arf arf thing, how you chased that moon light, and many other things, I really liked that character

Sassmi: Even that I did not know you that much, I really liked you, you made me laugh with your jokes, you are a different member of the pack, since you are a berry, and I did not had the chance to eat you and know if you were a truly berry

Pack:

Siecla: it was fun to hunt with you, waiting for that prey, and catch them in our snares, then we both ambush them, it was a nice team.

Lorenassa: you were a very strong warrior, and one that had used many preps. I though I would see you as captain, guess I was wrong, it was fun anyway.

Simyar/danicak/weswin: darn! Many of you and I did not notice that is was you, as simyar you know how the arcanes work, and you did a very good work, as danical, it was fun, you summon I ambush, especially those tribbis, and as weswin we did not travel much, only in kidanna killing some giants.

Sharukin: I still remember that raid, only you and me, against all that horde of scions and zombies. We both fell, and then I did not see you anymore, still I don’t blame you for that, were very hard times.

Axike: Darn, You should have told me for help in your ranking.

Jhaolyren: big bear! What happen to you? You were a very fearsome bear, even that you had short legs

Prendac: guess that now you are the older of the grove. Stay strong and never give up, they need you more than ever.

Lycith: sadly I was right, my body went out of strength before you reach my rank, and we could fight the same enemies, keep the hard work, and increase your ranks, I would gladly help you in that but I guess I cant anymore L, ambush them hard and show them about the giant ranger power

Cardiel: I did not know you much, but keep the hard work with those shields, the pack need a big mean invoker, thank you for saving me that time.

Phylanthorin: One day I had the idea of make a paladin of the grove, I had the role and all, but I did not have the time, I was glad to see a paladin in the grove, you were strong and a very nice fellow, a real PALADIN, was nice to travel with you.

Yodinfrid: for the last but not the less important to sahannara, she liked you very much, but what she did not like is to be overprotected, she was a warrior, with the sphere of combat, and when she was with you, all her defenses went down, she did not noticed the enemies near us, when we were together, sorry for the times I dropped the link, I was falling sleep at those hours, I liked to travel with you, and to hunt with you, a very strong warrior you were, like a bear.

I know that I met many others, and I’m sorry if I did not mention you, but it has being a long travel, with many enemies, many allies and many friends. That is hard to recall the names of all of you.

Thank you all, for do this a good game.

Sahannara

Cardiel (Guest)Sat 28-Dec-02 04:37 PM

#13650, "Too bad your gone."
In response to Reply #1

Too bad your gone. and in a bad time, you are the 3rd hero in two days to go.

Oh, and on the shields... Its driving me crazy! I mean relly, Im logged on like 10 hours a day, I practicing like 7 hours and the damn spells wont go up. I learn 1% in an average of 25 minutes. That sucks!

Considering A friend had an invoker same rank, with 5 more spells mastered than me, in 80 hours. I have 200 hours now! Isnt it much of a diference between having 7 paths or 6. 120 hours diference? Im starting to think Lightning is not worth 120 hours.

bah... back to practicing.

VladamirSun 29-Dec-02 04:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#13651, "But...but...but..."
In response to Reply #2

The imms tell us "Don't worry about spamming, just use it as you rank and it will go up just fine on its own".

QuiditusSun 29-Dec-02 09:29 PM
56 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13656, "I've noticed...."
In response to Reply #8

though I've only attempted two magi (on one of those some IMM actually rewarded me for helping/having more patience with a newbie that kept breaking rules, heh how damned ironic is that)

In general with all classes it seems that I learn things much faster in groups and while learning *shrugs* I tried to master pugil by myself once and it took forever to get up 5% then I grouped and got like 20% like it was nothing. I dont know I could be wrong but thats my thoughts

ValguarneraSun 29-Dec-02 09:41 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13652, "The imms also tell you:"
In response to Reply #8

To read the helpfile on affinity if you think invoker practice ends up being too grueling. If you pick 7 paths, you forfeit the right to complain that mastery is difficult.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

RooqweazMon 30-Dec-02 03:33 AM
33 posts
#13655, "Re"
In response to Reply #10

And if you pick 3 paths you end up
with a stupid bash-only type of characters.

It is easy to say:
Why warriors cry about practice?
If you pick two specializations you forfeit the right to complain that mastery is difficult.
You can only complain if you pick no specializations and
practice only a few of your skills.

ValkenarSat 25-Jan-03 07:53 PM
1203 posts
#13653, "RE: The imms also tell you:"
In response to Reply #10

>To read the helpfile on affinity if you think invoker
>practice ends up being too grueling. If you pick 7 paths,
>you forfeit the right to complain that mastery is difficult.

Hmm. Just because you then have only 6 to bother with, or because having six affinity on all but one path is that much easier than having 5 (assuming you distribute equally)?

Not that I think that it makes sense to complain that mastery is difficult anyway, since your efforts are well-rewarded at hero... but I guess the point I'm making is that even with 6 paths, it's still an extremely time-consuming process. So if there's validity to complaining about it at all, I wouldn't think the jump from 7 to 6 would make that much difference. But never having played an invoker, I could well be wrong.

ValguarneraSat 25-Jan-03 08:04 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13654, "RE: The imms also tell you:"
In response to Reply #16

"Concentrating" your affinity over fewer paths does several things:

1) You have less spells to worry about.
2) Each spell has a higher chance to improve with each casting.
3) You're using less mana per casting, and therefore spending less time resting.

Now, add to that this issue: You're going to be using spells a certain amount while ranking, fighting, raiding etc. That time is "free" practice- you're doing things you'd be doing anyway, not specifically sitting down and working on one spell. What I'm looking for as an invoker is to minimize that latter kind of time, and I found that with a 7/7/7/7/7/0/0 distribution, at least the low/mid ranks used virtually no time like that. I never missed the missing paths.

Sassmi (Guest)Sat 28-Dec-02 10:14 PM

#13649, "RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

I really like Sahannara, though you don't log on her / him on that often. But I sorta noticed your log in time and knew I could count on you to log on within a certain time range, that is if you're logging on that is. Trust me, you don't want to eat Sassmi. =P I hope you enjoy the character and stuff. Good luck with your next.

Strawberry rolls off disappearing into the bushes

GwimdorfSat 28-Dec-02 11:21 PM
0 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13648, "RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

I never really knew what to make of Sahannara. From what I saw you were a solid fighter and a good rp'r. I had a feeling that you were getting pretty ancient, but I am still sad to see you go. This was a wonderful character and way to stick it out!

SimyarSat 28-Dec-02 11:31 PM
0 posts
#13647, "Finally, I mean, really!"
In response to Reply #1

Hey,
I just wanted to say what i thought of you with all three chars I interacted with you on. I knew that a solid partner was around when you were there, and I never feared travelling with you. I'm sure we ticked off quite a few people with my summons as Danical. Simyar, was fun, but he lost his interest quick as I thought things weren't going my way, and the role was going nowhere fast. GOod work with everything though.

Aaron

BolderethSun 29-Dec-02 01:50 AM
197 posts
#13646, "RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

You were a hell of a solid char, I never thought I'd see you on these boards the way you were going, well done.

BTW, how'd you like those shackles ?

Boldereth/Eskelian.

Lycith (Guest)Sun 29-Dec-02 04:17 AM

#13645, "I tried!!"
In response to Reply #1

Tried my best to get up there and hunt with you,
Role another for team .. forest!

Ferend (Guest)Wed 22-Jan-03 09:13 PM

#13644, "RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

Well, I'll be, not completely forgotten was Ferend, I'm sorry I vanished, things happened to happen and I was unable to be there in time to prevent my own expiration.

You helped teach me a lot, in many forms, though you didn't know it, may we see each other in new forms

FYI for anyone looking for the old Ferend, DukeGreggory on AIM will find him.

Oaken (Guest)Wed 22-Jan-03 11:01 PM

#13641, "RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

I've got a question for you. How is it you managed to get into Sylvan, and then basically hoard gear for a long assed time, after ranking all the way to hero with Scions? You ranked from your 40th level or so all the way to 51 with one of my Scions, and a Scion A-P with us also, along with a Scion hero helping us out, claiming you were a Nexus applicant. You also ranked with Scions well before the 40th.

Saha (Guest)Sat 25-Jan-03 11:40 AM

#13643, "RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #13

I dont recall below my 48 to travel with a scion but perhaps
I am wrong, now when I met those scions I was with a gnome
who was or was applicant of the rift, he was a friend and
he beg me to be his third, and I accepted, then I recall that
the one that was the second did not look like a scion, then a
fire giant WARRIOR arrived and I was, well he is helping us,
then a THIEF arrived and I started to get very nervous, then
when I saw you your powers, In OOC knew that those were scions
I was like, erm and said to the gnome I dont trust them, I will go now to the gnome he told me, to calm down and that I should get my last rank and walk away, I said okay. I did that, and then I heard from the gnome that he was jacked, that even that it was a joke, he left those scions. Now I never said was from the rift you assume that
and I was not an applicant to the grove at that moment, I was just a lone ranger... what I wanted to do with that character, only Priolith knew it. and guess what Priolith you took me out the fear of killing and now Im in that place, hunting them.

AdrigonSat 25-Jan-03 03:18 PM
158 posts
#13642, "actually"
In response to Reply #13

I observed something like this too, but actually there is (was?) a nexan ranger with ALMOST the same name as Sahannara, really confused me.

Yodinfrid (Guest)Mon 17-Feb-03 08:54 PM

#13640, "RE: (AGE) Sahannara the Dweller of the Wilds"
In response to Reply #1

Hey good times, drop me a e-mail sometime, Rulanit@yahoo.com

later
-yodinfrid-

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13638 Previous topic | Next topic