Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Oliopterix Ragplume the Thoughtful..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135546
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 18-Nov-18 07:48 PM
Member since 26th Apr 2024
16812 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135546, "(AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Oliopterix Ragplume the Thoughtful Deterrent, Commander of Battle"

Sun Nov 18 18:47:52 2018

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Oliopterix perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:469

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply what a great character!, Dallevian, 26-Nov-18 11:43 AM, #11
Reply Battle, Oliopterix Ragplume (Anonymous), 20-Nov-18 06:33 PM, #7
Reply RE: Battle, Rastensol (Anonymous), 20-Nov-18 09:43 PM, #8
     Reply I enjoyed our time together, Kerubiel (Anonymous), 20-Nov-18 10:14 PM, #9
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Oliopterix Ragplume the Though..., JohnEveryMan, 20-Nov-18 08:36 AM, #6
Reply Immortals, Oliopterix Ragplume (Anonymous), 19-Nov-18 08:52 PM, #5
Reply Damnable ghastly bird., Panmorne, 25-Nov-18 02:47 PM, #10
Reply Build & Concept, Oliopterix Raglplume (Anonymous), 19-Nov-18 08:50 PM, #4
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Oliopterix Ragplume the Though..., Gillador (Anonymous), 18-Nov-18 11:14 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Oliopterix Ragplume the Though..., Llyion (Anonymous), 18-Nov-18 11:12 PM, #2
Reply I really enjoyed our back and forth., Grasdraal (Anonymous), 18-Nov-18 11:02 PM, #1

DallevianMon 26-Nov-18 11:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135656, "what a great character!"
In response to Reply #0

one of my favorite ragers in the past couple of years. kudos on sticking through the full loots by the neighborhood petty prick.

Oliopterix Ragplume (Anonymous)Tue 20-Nov-18 06:33 PM
Charter member
#135559, "Battle"
In response to Reply #0

BATTLE
Be prepared. Nothing spurs on a bunch of people to apply to Battle like seeing the commander kick off. You should have lots of competition in the near future.

Ghar: I said it in your goodbye thread, but I found your “GHAR!” shout-out on login hilarious and oddly inspiring. I cringed, though, when I saw Gillador or Fugmada raping you repeatedly at the Destructor. I was disappointed when you faded out, as it just seemed so unlike Ghar the character.

Thirisg: You were a great friend, and I enjoyed talking to you about our ideas, raiding and defending beside you, and our gear runs for the young members of the village. I was really surprised when you deleted, but a problem with a successful village is there becomes a shortage of mages, and exploration with villagers is quite limited compared to other cabals. Thirisg was a great standup guy.

Rastensol: Mummy-killer! Word of your triumph rippled through the village quickly, but that was no fluke—you have demonstrated your competence time and again, and I have every confidence that you will continue to lead the village effectively. Good luck with the upcoming events! Muhahaha!

Quinloc: You are silent and consistent, producing regularly, responsible and roleplayed. I hope you become a presence in the village specifically and the mud in general, as you have a great deal to contribute to the future of Battle. Find the fun in what is in store for you.

Dofrebuk: I love dwarven roleplay more than any other race, and Battle just isn’t right without beards in the village. As you know, you have been caught up in the village’s future, and I have faith that you are going to kick some butt in the interesting times I suspect are ahead.

Othomer: After more years than I care to admit, you (and Lethik, who unfortunately fell off the face of the earTh) make me want to finally come around to playing a svirf. Insert yourself into roleplay opportunities whenever you can, develop your character and your place within Battle, and y.ou are going to have a lot of fun.

Gleuven: I agreed with Thirisg’s kicking you out of Battle. Your character came across as an entitled know-it-all, but I was really impressed by how you stuck it out when you were a non-caballed, so I thought it appropriate to give you a chance as long as we made the effort to clearly communicate our expectations that we were developing an integrated army, not a rag-tag collection of rogue agents. It was disappointing that after you had everything going for you, including winning a role contest, that you chucked it into the waste bin.

Eilbeii: I really liked the counterpoint your character gave to Gleuven. It is difficult to be a good villager when you are good aligned, and at times you seemed like a Pollyanna, but the tension between you and Gleuven was really interesting, and I wanted to see that rivalry continue.

I am missing people here, but if you post I’ll try to make up nice things to say about your character.

Rastensol (Anonymous)Tue 20-Nov-18 09:43 PM
Charter member
#135561, "RE: Battle"
In response to Reply #7

Commander!

It really sucks seeing that you age died. Especially now... I really didn't know how you took the fortune story when I told it to you that day. You seemed super indifferent at the time and so I was really pleasantly surprised to find that you took a lot of action with it. I thought you were an extremely attentive Commander and a great leader. It's always interesting to see defenders/scouts be Commander and what they do with it. I'm sure there's a berserker RP conflict in there somewhere with your encouragement of cheating, haha! But I chuckled everytime you said it. I wish you'd be able to see what ever it is happening through to the end.

Only Lethik showed up for the drill though

Thanks for the words.

Kerubiel (Anonymous)Tue 20-Nov-18 10:14 PM
Charter member
#135562, "I enjoyed our time together"
In response to Reply #8

I don't have any memories that stand out, just that you were a stand out. Not afraid to throw down with just about everyone and I appreciated the example. It just sucked that at the height of our time was 3 defenders and a scout... Really could've gone with more deathblow in our lives! (Seems that is remedied now!)

JohnEveryManTue 20-Nov-18 08:36 AM
Member since 25th Aug 2012
247 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#135558, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Oliopterix Ragplume the Though..."
In response to Reply #0

You were fun.

Went ahead and got the pbf.

Sent from my Iphone

Oliopterix Ragplume (Anonymous)Mon 19-Nov-18 08:52 PM
Charter member
#135556, "Immortals"
In response to Reply #0

Emnon:
You provided this character’s first meaningful interaction by letting me buy Malkoth’s shop during your global quest. That established Oli’s roleplay as a businessman willing to work the underbelly of society, including all the Imperials whose donations I financed in a bid to buy favor and to sow competition between the sects.

Panmorne:
Wow, oh wow do I wish I could roleplay as well as you. To TPB Panmorne, you breathe such wonderful life into this character that I could sit at your feet for hours to watch and learn from you. I try, but you think well on your feet and type hella fast, and I felt such a dolt in our interactions. Your presence for the village was a strong enough influence I would have considered immorting Oli just to listen to you chat over immt.

I would like to say more about our RP, but as there are several things going on in-game right now even after my death, I’ll just have to say thank you for making cool things happen all through my character’s life.

PanmorneSun 25-Nov-18 02:47 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2018
28 posts
#135645, "Damnable ghastly bird."
In response to Reply #5

I was right hopeful you'd make it to my turkey hunt so I could mock you being one of the fowl, but no, you had to go die on me. Bastard.

Oliopterix was one of my favorite fellows to interact with in general, and you being around helped Pan act like Pan, so good feelings go both ways!

If it makes you feel any better, you weren't a dolt. You were great. Though Pan would say that you were something like a "daft beak-bound bird-brained bastard", but only because he likes you. If your next character is half as cool as Oliopterix, they'll still be damned excellent.

There are still things going on, that they are, so I'll say more about that when it's done, but I fully owe every step of it to you. So take the credit where it's due!

I'd throw you some tomatoes if I had any to spare for a dead dolt.

Oliopterix Raglplume (Anonymous)Mon 19-Nov-18 08:50 PM
Charter member
#135555, "Build & Concept"
In response to Reply #0

I initially rolled Oli with the sole intent to make him a support character whose purpose in life was to help other characters become renowned heroes. No minstrels were going to sing his name, no enemies would feel a need to prep against him. I fully anticipated being a punching bag to everyone I fought. Then strange things happened—I started killing mages (attained Butcher), some of our newer players were asking for basic advice, Thirisg started accepting my counsel, and seemingly before I knew it, I had entered into cabal leadership.

As for my roleplay, if you have not read Othello, let me introduce you to Iago's progeny. After Oliopterix entered the village, he quickly became a pragmatic, manipulative, conniving visionary. He had a dream on how he might reshape his corner of the world, and he applied every lever he could find in order to make that happen. I accomplished a great deal, but I had plans to do so much more, that this death left me feel quite incomplete. I will miss Oli a great deal.

As a young defender in the village, he realized quickly that Ghar and Thirisg were getting eaten alive by non-mages who would readily come fight them at the Destructor, and as necessary, fall back and heal to finish them off on a second run. From this came the notion of a trapper, but I quickly saw that there is just not enough umph to kill anyone as a trapper unless you are killing headless villagers, and so I purchased Devious Versatility as soon as I could and took thug to death strike. Traps that impale, boneshatter, poison, weaken combined with kidney strike and gut shot meant I could take pretty much take a weapon out of anyone’s hand who stepped into the wrong room. Although I knew a great number of trap ingredients already, thank you to those of you who found the occasional ingredient and taught it to me.

Gillador (Anonymous)Sun 18-Nov-18 11:14 PM
Charter member
#135551, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Oliopterix Ragplume the Though..."
In response to Reply #0

Congratulations on reaching age death. You achieved what very very few villagers ever do, and you did so with class. While trapper was far from being as deadly as say pincer svirf you definitely made your presence known. I never got you myself but I was eternally grateful you didn’t resort to cleaning out my inventory. I ran across a lot of traps but riddle and tower made them basically nothing. Well they still dropped stats but bleeding was a non issue, and I geared a silly amount of str/dex. Note to imms, if riddle affects physical maldiction it should probably apply to traps.

You were a class act, I am glad you got to experience leadership, best of luck with your next.

Llyion (Anonymous)Sun 18-Nov-18 11:11 PM
Charter member
#135550, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [BATTLE] Oliopterix Ragplume the Though..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 18-Nov-18 11:12 PM

I hate that I didn't get to interact with you one last time. The last interaction we had was you telling me 'Which way did he go?' but I had already entered the quit command. I liked interacting with Oliopterix. He was the only other thief leader with whom I got to interact. We had a lot of conversations about the thieves guild (and many other things) which I found to be enlightening. I thought Oliopterix was an all around cool character. Hope to see you around Thera! GLWYN

Grasdraal (Anonymous)Sun 18-Nov-18 11:02 PM
Charter member
#135549, "I really enjoyed our back and forth."
In response to Reply #0

I did not enjoy -15 str/dex boneshatters because I stepped onto eastern!

Great job. Hurry back with the next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #135546 Previous topic | Next topic