Subject: "(CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Marked S..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133002
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 03-Jan-18 03:40 PM
Member since 26th Apr 2024
16811 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133002, "(CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Marked Scholar"

Wed Jan 3 14:37:56 2018

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Aroyv perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:258

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Gauis, tanoomi71, 10-Jan-18 11:48 AM, #5
Reply NPC interaction, tanoomi71, 09-Jan-18 08:15 AM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Mark..., tanoomi71, 03-Jan-18 08:41 PM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Mark..., Ishuli, 11-Jan-18 02:23 PM, #6
     Reply Tattoo, tanoomi71, 11-Jan-18 05:17 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Tattoo, Ishuli, 19-Jan-18 03:56 PM, #8
               Reply RE: Tattoo, tanoomi71, 24-Jan-18 08:17 AM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Mark..., Khellor (Anonymous), 03-Jan-18 04:48 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Mark..., tanoomi71, 03-Jan-18 05:09 PM, #2

tanoomi71Wed 10-Jan-18 11:48 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2015
156 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133050, "Gauis"
In response to Reply #0

I know this is coming in slow and piece meal but there is a lot of logs to look through to make sure I hit everyone.

Gauis we discussed the use of venoms in your profession and you help Aroyv determine how to study by telling him of the Architecture volume in the Library. That really help shape the format and process of Venoms written. Also, that poor crony that you launched the gernade upon in Arkham was just nasty. And set Aroyv off on trying to see if the study about to embark on would result in similar nastiness. It did.

The use of cataplexy with Miasma and then Malice brought forth a nasty combination allowing Aroyv to conquer strong opponents. Our conversations on toxins of a variety applications and processes was very helpful in the studies as well. Perhaps we will cross paths yet again in the Fields.

tanoomi71Tue 09-Jan-18 08:15 AM
156 posts
#133037, "NPC interaction"
In response to Reply #0

Another aspect that made this character really enjoyable were the interactions with NPC.

Conversation with the Priest tattoo'd with a Viper in frozen tundra.

Conversation with the Evermoon King

And in the end, playing with the Deck of Fate that a Broken Doll offered up.

Oh, end with Nef in Lady Ishuli's library from time to time.

All of these interactions help shape and expand Aroyv through his study of venom and learning of the venom inside.

Thanks to all the Imm or Imm's that participated

tanoomi71Wed 03-Jan-18 08:41 PM
156 posts
#133009, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Mark..."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, what a ride this role was. At first wasn't sure how the concept of losing my father to a viper bite and to have it's venom flowing through my body. Mastering the Shaman path of Venoms ran me into a wide variety of characters. Under the Dedication Sphere and turning to Lady Ishuli for guidance proved well and brought a lot out of me from a role playing stand point.

Lady Ishuli - truly enjoyed the interactions and journey we had together as I mastered Venoms. Opening me up to the path of Revelations made Cataplaxy and Miasma along with Malice deadly with Seal Fate. While I never got to watch it first hand take hold, there is one in the Fortress that still never shared the experience with me. I glad I was able to make you laugh as well. The day you inked my palm was a tremendous surprise and boast in my studies paying off. Not sure if you read my last missive or if you had a hand in what took place in regard to the viper tattoo and your mark but that was a perfect ending to a very fun role. I thank you very much for the questions, the little items of knowledge. Discovered a lot through this role, especially the self inflicted experiments performed before you.

I will be writing more. Just have nearly a year of logs to look through. There were a lot of others that helped shape this role and bring it to life. This was my first Hero Shaman and only my third attempt at one I think too.

IshuliThu 11-Jan-18 02:23 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2147 posts
#133054, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Mark..."
In response to Reply #3

I enjoyed our path a bunch as well. I had a hard time keeping up with you at points, since you'd be dealing with some NPC's at times while I was at work - and to mention, you even con-died WHILE I was at work!

While I wasn't able to jump down there and vis myself, since I was on the phone at the time, I did throw echoes at you and modify your tattoo. That was the plan I had going for a while, but we never really had a moment to "do it", if you get me. It was supposed to be the final culmination of the research as everything tied together.

Whenever I snooped you, I have to say that you managed to do a very good Ish follower. While at times you sounded "dry", I think your CONSTANT and unwaivering focus on your research is exactly the sort of eccentricity that the religion is supposed to foster. An example of conversations I saw: "Hey, Aroyv, join Empire!" to which you'd say something like "And how will that help my research exactly? How about no."

I interacted with you as a number of nps, and tried to throw echoes at you every so often in relation to serpentine things and poison related stuff with your asp tatt.

I'm glad to hear you discovered a lot through it all. The ish religion is supposed to send you places you're not familiar with, make you look closer at things than usual, and make you consider things you might not normally. So if that worked out, I'm a happy Ish!

I have to say, as an aside, you figured out some cool venoms stuff that I legit had no idea about. So your testing ended up being a pretty cool source of knowledge for both of us.

Thanks for the lengthy amount of fun, and I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

-Ish

PS - A day or two after you con died, another follower brought by a serpent-styled object mentioning they heard I had someone studying these sorts of things. I told them that you died, but I'd keep it as a memento. Nice little coincidence.

tanoomi71Thu 11-Jan-18 05:17 PM
156 posts
#133063, "Tattoo"
In response to Reply #6

It would have been fun if my life had continued and the morphing of the tattoo took place as I could have seen that taking Aroyv into a loftier role in the realm. There was one character that mentioned plants of venom as well but never was able to obtain that knowledge. The trek of obtaining the Unholy Axe took a lot of life out of Aroyv too.

I do wish we had more times that crossed to see how revelations would expand or restrict venoms. As far as the "dry" aspect it was a bit by design as I figured if the focus is on study then consuming time to explain things, like to the Empire to take the oath or not, is wasted and study suffers.

There is one thing that I never figured out and that was if any additional insight an Ish follower gains from earning that tattoo. Was hoping to find another in the realm with the mark of their palm to see and never knew how to address with you as I know it's not kosher to ask an IMM that question. Just wanted to know if I'd known if it had given Aroyv greater insight.

IshuliFri 19-Jan-18 03:56 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2147 posts
#133131, "RE: Tattoo"
In response to Reply #7

I agree, it woulda been fun to see how far we could have dived into revelations and what they might have mixed with.

In terms of as an Ish follower, the tattoo is relatively simple. Everything you heard in game was all there was to it.

I've had people ask me flat out, so don't feel too left out there .

-Ish

tanoomi71Wed 24-Jan-18 08:17 AM
156 posts
#133170, "RE: Tattoo"
In response to Reply #8

Fair enough. It was a great ride and it was the most fun I had with a role in a long time. Fueled by your interaction. Thanks again.

Khellor (Anonymous)Wed 03-Jan-18 04:48 PM
Charter member
#133004, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Mark..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh dang!
You were great. I was super conflicted w you and interactions between us. Some other explanations will have to wait until I die. But I liked your style & you were an exemplary Scholar.
Glwyn

tanoomi71Wed 03-Jan-18 05:09 PM
156 posts
#133005, "RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Aroyv Undersnake the Serpent-Mark..."
In response to Reply #1

>Oh dang!
>You were great. I was super conflicted w you and interactions
>between us. Some other explanations will have to wait until I
>die. But I liked your style & you were an exemplary Scholar.
>Glwyn

It wasn't a scholarly death nor a blaze of craziness. Rather a simply aura drop in an area of aggressive creatures that found the end. I will be adding more as I was very surprised of what took place in the Library prior to my last gasp of air.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #133002 Previous topic | Next topic