Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Aithiar Hara'ataar the Dweller of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130930
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 08-May-17 07:40 AM
Member since 06th May 2024
16831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130930, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Aithiar Hara'ataar the Dweller of the Wilds, Richest Man in Thera"

Fri May 5 11:30:48 2017

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Aithiar perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:552

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Why did it never occur to me, Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 10-May-17 11:56 PM, #5
Reply Aithiar might have had one with Sephira, Onewingedangel, 11-May-17 03:11 AM, #6
     Reply Eheh., Aithiar, 11-May-17 04:00 AM, #7
          Reply I did not have that aim, Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 11-May-17 06:25 AM, #8
               Reply Yeah, Zagaer Midfin (Anonymous), 11-May-17 06:45 AM, #9
               Reply RE: I did not have that aim, Aithiar, 11-May-17 09:30 AM, #10
                    Reply ...but Marans are immune to fire :P, Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 11-May-17 09:39 AM, #11
                         Reply You should have made that point to him in-game! (n/t), Aithiar, 11-May-17 09:46 AM, #12
                              Reply Exactly. I should have :(, Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous), 12-May-17 04:18 AM, #13
Reply Ishuli, , Aithiar, 08-May-17 08:40 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Ishuli, , Ishuli, 08-May-17 10:20 AM, #2
     Reply Fun character! nt, Acra (Anonymous), 08-May-17 12:14 PM, #3
     Reply We had one meaningful interaction..., TMNS, 08-May-17 06:45 PM, #4

Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous)Wed 10-May-17 11:56 PM
Charter member
#130987, "Why did it never occur to me"
In response to Reply #0

to suggest you look for a date among those maran girls...
Though you'd probably hate having to occasionally help them reraid in order to be able to give them a hug. Haha.

Trying to solve other people's problems is fun.

OnewingedangelThu 11-May-17 03:11 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#130988, "Aithiar might have had one with Sephira"
In response to Reply #5

Liked the few times we interacted and got to do stuff.

Really wish we had more time to do stuff together.

AithiarThu 11-May-17 04:00 AM
Member since 26th Mar 2017
73 posts
#130989, "Eheh."
In response to Reply #6

I'll just say that socially conservative/virtuous females weren't his thing.

"River of life not can flow when only have few drops in it. Aithiar not see how not can be obvious."

If the aim of Kanlax was to groom Aithiar as a responsible father figure or dutiful family man, you were positively playing with fire.

Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous)Thu 11-May-17 06:25 AM
Charter member
#130991, "I did not have that aim"
In response to Reply #7

But you spoke quite often of the topic, as well as other troubles you were having. I was there to help, typically by providing extra insight, advice, ideas etc. Not to preach the gospel of good alignment.

Zagaer Midfin (Anonymous)Thu 11-May-17 06:45 AM
Charter member
#130992, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #8

Thanks for helping me that one time in TOHS

AithiarThu 11-May-17 09:30 AM
73 posts
#130994, "RE: I did not have that aim"
In response to Reply #8

His sole issue toward the end was that he literally couldn't touch things without scalding or scorching them. That included women. The older he got, the worse this problem got too. Since Aithiar didn't possess any real callous or sadistic bent, his "fun" days were basically over because of it.

It certainly wasn't because he wasn't able to get himself "up" to the task anymore. The vigor of the males of the clan Hara'ataar was slightly on the preternatural side (not to mention the stuff of legend among many a wistful fela).

Heheh.

Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous)Thu 11-May-17 09:39 AM
Charter member
#130995, "...but Marans are immune to fire :P"
In response to Reply #10

In fact, fire heals them.
Heheh.

AithiarThu 11-May-17 09:46 AM
73 posts
#130996, "You should have made that point to him in-game! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #11

(n/t)

Kanlax Eldraugh (Anonymous)Fri 12-May-17 04:18 AM
Charter member
#130998, "Exactly. I should have :("
In response to Reply #12

nt

AithiarMon 08-May-17 08:37 AM
73 posts
#130934, "Ishuli, "
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 08-May-17 08:40 AM

You seemed to take a liking to Aithiar, and I half-suspected you would pop up after he would die of old age. I had something worked out to make this last interaction a bit on the memorable side, hence the certain place you found the little fire sprite in before he finally made his return to the elemental plane of fire. As it is, I had only intended to log in for five minutes on that day, as I had someplace to be IRL, when the old trailblazer croaked on me literally twenty seconds into the log-in. I rushed over to the spot to try and salvage what I could of the idea, but the last minute of our conversation happened against the background of someone yelling every 15 seconds asking me what was taking so long to come down.

It was unfortunate, but as Aithiar would have said:

"Hrrah. Is life. Not matter."

Beyond you and Whiysdan, who both helped give this character its own little flair throughout its existence, there aren't any real goodbyes. Aithiar was my first "real" character in give or take fifteen years. His purpose was just to wander around far and wide in Thera once again, interact freely with any and all other players in the process, and to explore and reminisce without any strings attached or a care in the world. That he did. Thanks to all who wandered with him, or who went along hunting the worthy prey.

Oh, and had Aithiar been able to hold a piece of parchment without setting it aflame, his last will would have read that he desired for his clan's riches to be handed out to the felar within Blackclaw Village.

Keep the homefires burning.

https://youtu.be/cRmwFBK0cyk

IshuliMon 08-May-17 10:20 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2171 posts
#130937, "RE: Ishuli, "
In response to Reply #1

Really enjoyed your role, and any time I watched you – you were being a really cool guy.

Thanks for spending your last moments with me <3.

From the Ishuli perspective, you were really interesting. She goes gaga over things that give her a chance to learn things, especially if they are rare/peculiar/specific. And your entire role was just that. If we had shared times more, I was planning to prod you quite a bit.

Otherwise I had a nifty reward for you in the works, but it didn't pan out, and I'm sorry for that.

Acra (Anonymous)Mon 08-May-17 12:14 PM
Charter member
#130944, "Fun character! nt"
In response to Reply #1

TMNSMon 08-May-17 06:45 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#130966, "We had one meaningful interaction..."
In response to Reply #1

...and it started off poorly (I thought you were another ranger...much more annoying and "a funny one"), got slightly better, and ended up pretty awesome.

Didn't get a "true" vibe to your character, but I liked you were putting in obvious effort and your character seemed super relaxed (either intended or not).

Glad you're back!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #130930 Previous topic | Next topic