Subject: "[DELETED] Iarphine's tortured existence has come to an ..." This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128500
Show all folders

BemusedSat 16-Jul-16 11:38 AM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
663 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128500, "[DELETED] Iarphine's tortured existence has come to an end"

I wasn't going to hit 200 hours and still remain unempowered. This game is in a sad state of affairs. See you on the flipside.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply As always with competent empire healers, Kstatida, 16-Jul-16 12:27 PM, #7
Reply FTFY, Umiron, 16-Jul-16 11:44 AM, #2
Reply She isn't wrong. , Grifter, 16-Jul-16 11:48 AM, #3
Reply How is she not wrong if she claimed to be unempowered b..., Lhydia, 16-Jul-16 11:50 AM, #4
Reply I appreciate your support but Umi is right, Bemused, 16-Jul-16 11:59 AM, #6
Reply Fair call, Bemused, 16-Jul-16 11:51 AM, #5
Reply RL is a bitch sometimes, Destuvius, 16-Jul-16 07:25 PM, #10
     Reply RE: RL is a bitch sometimes, Bemused, 16-Jul-16 07:33 PM, #11
          Reply *covers mouth*, Decima (Anonymous), 17-Jul-16 12:27 PM, #12
               Reply Eh, Destuvius, 17-Jul-16 12:33 PM, #13
                    Reply RE: Eh, Bemused, 17-Jul-16 06:35 PM, #14
                         Reply RE: Eh, Destuvius, 17-Jul-16 06:37 PM, #15
                              Reply RE: Eh, Bemused, 17-Jul-16 07:19 PM, #16
                                   Reply RE: Eh, Beront (Anonymous), 17-Jul-16 08:23 PM, #18
Reply While you're technically correct..., NoobAgain, 16-Jul-16 05:13 PM, #8
     Reply RE: While you're technically correct..., Umiron, 16-Jul-16 07:08 PM, #9
          Reply FTFY, Bemused, 17-Jul-16 07:40 PM, #17
Reply Damn that sucks., Lhydia, 16-Jul-16 11:40 AM, #1

KstatidaSat 16-Jul-16 12:27 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128507, "As always with competent empire healers"
In response to Reply #0

You've completely turned the tides when you were on even if you were half-empowered.

UmironSat 16-Jul-16 11:44 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128502, "FTFY"
In response to Reply #0

>I wasn't going to hit 200 hours and still remain unempowered empowered to level 40.
> This game is in a sad state of affairs. See you on the
>flipside.

I understand where you're coming from, but your choice of words was perhaps a little loaded.

GrifterSat 16-Jul-16 11:48 AM
Member since 17th Dec 2015
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128503, "She isn't wrong. "
In response to Reply #2

But hey you get to act like a jerk and lose another player. Win/Win?

LhydiaSat 16-Jul-16 11:50 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2382 posts
#128504, "How is she not wrong if she claimed to be unempowered b..."
In response to Reply #3

How can you call someone out for being a douche and running off players if you're attempting to do the same thing?

BemusedSat 16-Jul-16 11:58 AM
663 posts
#128506, "I appreciate your support but Umi is right"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Sat 16-Jul-16 11:59 AM

I was empowered to 40, which FELT like I was unempowered by the end of it because my healing capabilities were exactly 50% (*) of what they could have been I kinda wanted to tell people before we went raiding that "Uhh gaise don't expect me to heal you up after one of Kaer's flurries mm'kay because I can't".

And I am most definitely a guy. I just play females because I am a min/maxer.

* well more actually when you consider dark pact which I love...

BemusedSat 16-Jul-16 11:51 AM
663 posts
#128505, "Fair call"
In response to Reply #2

I did get offline empowered to 40 about half way through. I hold no ill will at all to the God I was following. He is a good guy. I certainly can't blame him for having more enjoyable things to do than play CF because that is where I find myself right now Yes I am slightly jaded but at the same time I am happy because whatever it was that was binding me to try and do a certain something in game has completely been severed. So silver linings, glass half full etc etc.

DestuviusSat 16-Jul-16 07:25 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#128514, "RL is a bitch sometimes"
In response to Reply #5

During the first time I actually had a chance to catch you online AND would have been able to give you an uninterrupted interaction, you were paling around with a chaotic orc. That is a HUGE no no in Dest religion. In most circumstances, that leads to someone being unempowered or earning reduced empowerment.

In your case however, especially because I was having such awful luck crossing paths with you for some interactions and because you were sticking it out I decided that I was just going to hold off a little longer on the last bit of juice. Seemed like a reasonable trade off all things considered.

You play a very competent healer and do wonders in shifting the dynamics of the cabal wars. One of my biggest gripes with this incarnation of yours was that unless you were praying for me in the shrine, you didn't really give off the vibe of a priest of Destuvius. You could have been a priest of any random evil deity and it probably wouldn't have looked any different to most of the PC's that you interacted with.

That all aside, best of luck in whatever comes next!

BemusedSat 16-Jul-16 07:33 PM
663 posts
#128515, "RE: RL is a bitch sometimes"
In response to Reply #10

The first time I was paling around with the orc was for RP reasons at around the 100 hour mark. I wrote a role entry about it; the whole night/day thing which I was seeking a cure.

The second time I was paling around with the orc was towards the 190 hour mark because I had given up on the character.

I agree with you though that my RP started off strong and diminished into generic evil healer #103442 by the end. I would have liked to have been put out of my misery earlier though and told that I was not going to be further empowered. Like you mentioned via email, we both appreciate and value our own time.

Decima (Anonymous)Sun 17-Jul-16 12:24 PM
Charter member
#128530, "*covers mouth*"
In response to Reply #11
Edited on Sun 17-Jul-16 12:27 PM

Sorry man. I've made another post about this. Just reroll with an active IMM.

It's not Dest's fault at a certain point - it's your fault for just not moving on.

Just reroll and have fun playing the character you wanted to play with an active IMM... You'll be happier.

Xoxo,

Decima
Adira

DestuviusSun 17-Jul-16 12:33 PM
1012 posts
#128531, "Eh"
In response to Reply #12

Being missed is different than a player missing the mark for the religion or doing something completely against the religion. This is an instance of the second one leading to a longer wait.

BemusedSun 17-Jul-16 06:35 PM
663 posts
#128540, "RE: Eh"
In response to Reply #13

I got zero Immteraction in nearly 200 hours. If I was doing something right and, just as importantly, something wrong, I think it should be acknowledged in game. My character didn't know anything about the religion and wanted to learn.

To think that you actually were snooping me and ignoring me is way worse than my initial assumption of you just not being on at the same time as me.

DestuviusSun 17-Jul-16 06:37 PM
1012 posts
#128541, "RE: Eh"
In response to Reply #14

See original response to you, I figure it was pretty well explained in that.

BemusedSun 17-Jul-16 07:19 PM
663 posts
#128542, "RE: Eh"
In response to Reply #15

You never even responded to my in game notes. The first being the two part response to your task about Duality of Governance, which took me over three hours to compose. The second note (after the task reply had fallen off the note list) to see if you needed it resent because you hadn't responded. I even altered my life schedule (waking up early or finding time to log on during the day) and played outside my normal playing hours just to try and match yours.

All that because I sanc'd an orc?

Empathy. Look it up.

Beront (Anonymous)Sun 17-Jul-16 08:23 PM
Charter member
#128545, "RE: Eh"
In response to Reply #16

Relax bro, I know that feeling.jpg. But its their mud, and he is the imm.

Are you trying to get the normal response or the normal judge from that guy? He is the imm, he can do whatever he wants in his game. Its HIS mud.

PS: Based on that thread - I didn't know that Daev or his wife rerolled coz on those asshole responses. Again, if you don't want to look like assholes, ignore such threads, but no, you come here and show your ####. Nice job guys.

NoobAgainSat 16-Jul-16 05:13 PM
Member since 01st Mar 2007
408 posts
#128510, "While you're technically correct..."
In response to Reply #2

... you have to nonetheless admit that approaching 200 hours (on what I understand was a successful character) while empowered to level 40 is pretty darn discouraging.

We get it, by the way. Being an admin often feels like a thankless job (often dealing with raging players) and that something which you considered fun in the past may now seem like a tedious task. Despite that, I cannot imagine this type of a remark feeling good to the player. You may not have meant it that way, but it does come off as a "deal with it" response.

UmironSat 16-Jul-16 07:08 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128512, "RE: While you're technically correct..."
In response to Reply #8

Apologies if I'm incorrect (he hasn't weighed in yet), but my understanding was that Iarphine was missing those last 11 levels of empowerment for a legitimate reason, which would also be my benefit-of-the-doubt assumption.

My argument nor my implication was that 200 hours wasn't/shouldn't be discouraging, but it's only so much our fault when (again, IIRC) the character shouldn't have gotten further empowered.

I also think it's worth noting that this is a player who has a documented habit of assuming the worst about the staff and his circumstances, so while my pointing out his loaded language in the way I did may not have been polite dinner conversation, I only feel so bad about it.

For what it's worth, as an observer with no dog in the race (i.e. Umiron gives no ####s what Iarphine does/says), I thought they were a competent healer that added a lot to their cabal.

BemusedSun 17-Jul-16 07:40 PM
663 posts
#128543, "FTFY"
In response to Reply #9

> I also think it's worth noting that this is a player who the staff have a documented habit of assuming the worst about, so while my pointing out his loaded language in the way I did may not have been polite dinner conversation, I give zero #$%^s.

Please don't feel the need to reply with some sort of reference to a victim mentality.

LhydiaSat 16-Jul-16 11:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2382 posts
#128501, "Damn that sucks."
In response to Reply #0

Empire is pretty ####ty right now and you logged in consistently. I hate it when non-played characters block sect leader spots.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128500 Previous topic | Next topic