Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present Dang..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125759
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 03-Oct-15 09:10 AM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125759, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present Danger, Imperial Dread Lord"

Fri Oct 2 16:39:44 2015

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Sodsob perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:532

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present ..., Bertrame (Anonymous), 06-Oct-15 02:09 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present ..., Tsalantha (Anonymous), 03-Oct-15 03:34 PM, #11
Reply RE: Sodsob, Umiron, 03-Oct-15 01:04 PM, #9
Reply RE: Sodsob, Dionis (Anonymous), 03-Oct-15 03:25 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present ..., Rdenbrel, 03-Oct-15 11:17 AM, #5
Reply They deleted it, incognito, 03-Oct-15 11:49 AM, #6
     Reply This, and I did PM them and explain. (nt), Umiron, 03-Oct-15 12:26 PM, #7
     Reply RE: They deleted it, Rdenbrel, 03-Oct-15 01:13 PM, #8
Reply Regardless of any other gripes people might have.., Raltevio, 02-Oct-15 05:03 PM, #4
Reply Very well done., Varnon (Anonymous), 02-Oct-15 05:47 PM, #2
Reply Ever Present Danger indeed. It was great having you aro..., Antone (Anonymous), 02-Oct-15 05:55 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present ..., Lithodora (Anonymous), 02-Oct-15 05:16 PM, #1

Bertrame (Anonymous)Tue 06-Oct-15 02:09 PM
Charter member
#125837, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present ..."
In response to Reply #0

Tried with no success did I to get you to repent and illuminate the Spark. Towards the end your Crimson Scourge was nasty. You will be missed even if I couldn't get you to turn.

Tsalantha (Anonymous)Sat 03-Oct-15 03:34 PM
Charter member
#125795, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present ..."
In response to Reply #0

I can't remember the last time that APs with 100 or more charges would fight like we did, so it felt good to be a part of that.

You were very good at what you did in terms of getting into attack positions prepared. Sometimes your decision to use abs for ours fights gave me the advantage as a few times I caught you still wanding up because I didn't, and some of those I really should have sealed the kill.

To get a non stealth character into position for an ambush though is not something everyone can do and you were exceptional at it.

I also like that you tend to fight alone rather than with ooc friends. I have to admit that when you got my play times out of me so that your potential future applicant could actually catch me online, and then instead resurrected sodsob with knowledge of those play times, I was very concerned. But you just fought me on your own and deserve props for that.

I completely disagree with those that say you didn't take risks. Almost every fight you had with me had a significant risk of you dying, as there were a lot of ways I could counter your tactics. But what I liked is that you mixed the tactics up a lot and made it difficult to know which one I was going to have to counter each time.

The only time I felt like you had a great shot at killing me was that time in the Weald when olor the herald was in galadon. In the end I could have killed you there if I'd called him in to trip though. But before the fight swung my way you caught me pants down and only luck kept me alive. On the other hand it was bad luck that meant I wasn't ready to fight as a highly reliable skill let me down 3 times in a row as you were charging at me.

As far as the trigger use goes I really don't like it but fortunately there wasn't much you could trigger with that I couldn't suck up and hit you back before you unlagged from your own attack. Plus I have permasneak which is a game changer vs triggers. I don't, however, think it is fair vs the majority of other characters.

One thing I will say is that some of my apparent habits, like taking a certain route where you would "catch" me, were only done because I wanted you to turn up and fight there. There wasn't really much need for me to be around some of those places otherwise. But you clearly put your pattern spotting skills to great use to get the mask. When he got me, I had no idea he existed let alone was online, let alone was waiting for me. But when you mentioned the pattern I realised I had seen it before with every water shifter. Like a dumbass I just always tried to break into their guild fast but it never worked.

Overall I was impressed but I think I'd go easier on the looting because we want as many people to enjoy cf as possible, for the continuation of the game we've all loved.

UmironSat 03-Oct-15 01:04 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125788, "RE: Sodsob"
In response to Reply #0

A few thoughts:

- Maybe I just picked the right times, but I observed Sodsob engage in fights with nothing but aura and other minor preps (fly, etc.) multiple times. This almost certainly worked in his favor.

- It felt somewhat arbitrary when and to whom Sodsob was an asshole, but he certainly had different types of relationships with different people. He could certainly be a raging d-bag, though. That's fine, but it's unfortunate when it's that obvious that it's the player and not the character whose attitude is coming across.

- As someone somewhere pointed out, a big part of what made Sodsob a menace (in addition to his obviously skill) was his insane hours and incredible stamina. I imagine a lot of caffeine went into this character.

- To the best of my knowledge and going back a number of years, nothing about the rings or orbs in question has changed. Insects is the ####.

- Sodsob's numbers are without a doubt impressive, but I'll always be far more impressed with the guy whose numbers are half as good but who demonstrates a lot more sportsmanship and RP to get there. Sodsob will go down in history as score to be beaten and not as an interesting and meaningful part of the narrative of Carrion Fields, which is fine, but I'll take memorable characters over memorable numbers any day.

Dionis (Anonymous)Sat 03-Oct-15 03:25 PM
Charter member
#125794, "RE: Sodsob"
In response to Reply #9

Very right words.
Sodsob does not liked to speak much...just RPed a silent deathmachine.

RdenbrelSat 03-Oct-15 11:17 AM
Member since 08th Apr 2015
86 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125783, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present ..."
In response to Reply #0

No idea why moderators deleted all my posts of this day..
Hope this one will reach you.

It was fun to have you as a foe. And sad to see you deleted. I have not gotten yet my tragedy setup which wanted to test on Sodsob.

Good luck with your next.

incognitoSat 03-Oct-15 11:49 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125784, "They deleted it"
In response to Reply #5

Probably because you keep saying who you are playing.

That said, you are clearly making progress with each char so well done on that.

UmironSat 03-Oct-15 12:26 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#125785, "This, and I did PM them and explain. (nt)"
In response to Reply #6

nt

RdenbrelSat 03-Oct-15 12:34 PM
Member since 08th Apr 2015
86 posts
#125786, "RE: They deleted it"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Sat 03-Oct-15 01:13 PM

>Probably because you keep saying who you are playing.
>
>That said, you are clearly making progress with each char so
>well done on that.

heh ok.. deleted this signature... I thought it's not a problem if one will know of my other chars.. Rdenbrel died long ago...and I have only one active character right now.

RaltevioSat 03-Oct-15 09:10 AM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
134 posts
#125761, "Regardless of any other gripes people might have.."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 02-Oct-15 05:03 PM

About triggers, playstyle, sportsmanship etc. (And honestly I didn't watch you enough to comment on those things.)

I was pretty excited to see you get back in the mix after Utereen sac'd your charges. I was expecting a Rage delete. I'm a sucker for players overcoming adversity I guess.

Shame you deleted, but understandable.

Varnon (Anonymous)Fri 02-Oct-15 05:47 PM
Charter member
#125763, "Very well done."
In response to Reply #4

I did not have any gripes the others did.

You never saced me and hell you must have gotten me 10 times one way or the other.

I got you shortlu after you heroed and thought.....fresh meat for the veil.

Then I took a few deaths with others/centurions helping and I thought......damn bastard has no honor (which a fire giant anti in empire should not have) but I will get him eventually.

Then you got powerful and was like the hell with fighting him.

Well done.

GLWYN.

Antone (Anonymous)Fri 02-Oct-15 05:55 PM
Charter member
#125764, "Ever Present Danger indeed. It was great having you aro..."
In response to Reply #0

gr

Lithodora (Anonymous)Fri 02-Oct-15 05:16 PM
Charter member
#125762, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Sodsob Daikoal the Ever Present ..."
In response to Reply #0

I went through four stages with Sodsob:

Stage One: "Hey, I might be able to kill this guy solo. I'll do that instead of ganging."

Stage Two: "I can't kill this guy solo, but maybe I can gang him."

Stage Three: "I'll be damned if I feed this guy any more charges. I'll just take my ball and go home, and never fight him again ever. Even in raid situations."

Stage Four: "Screw it. It will probably end up costing me, but I'm stealing all his limited wands if it's the last thing I do."

Thankfully (for me) you lost your weapon before I could act on my suicidal plan.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #125759 Previous topic | Next topic