Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rilanith Salidan the Prelate o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124254
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 15-May-15 01:56 PM
Member since 15th May 2024
16851 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124254, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rilanith Salidan the Prelate of the Thirteen, Lucky Priest of Whiysdan"

Fri May 15 13:55:40 2015

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Rilanith perished, never to return.

Race:azure
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:219

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rilanith Salidan the Prela..., Kregan (Anonymous), 17-May-15 12:51 AM, #12
Reply goodbyes, Welverin, 16-May-15 12:40 PM, #7
Reply RE: goodbyes, The....Guy (Anonymous), 16-May-15 06:36 PM, #10
Reply I think you did good!, Liantae (Anonymous), 16-May-15 06:48 PM, #11
Reply woot!, Whiysdan, 18-May-15 04:11 PM, #13
Reply Nice char. Looked like Welverin to me., Kowelu Rizzle (Anonymous), 16-May-15 05:27 AM, #4
Reply Tthanks, Welverin, 16-May-15 12:42 PM, #9
Reply Sad to see you go, Gromm (Anonymous), 16-May-15 03:43 AM, #3
Reply could you explain why you deleted, crsweeney, 15-May-15 05:51 PM, #1
     Reply I'm mildly interested but, incognito, 16-May-15 03:34 AM, #2
          Reply game balanace issues`, crsweeney, 16-May-15 09:56 AM, #5
               Reply I think those, incognito, 16-May-15 12:29 PM, #6
               Reply pretty much this., Welverin, 16-May-15 12:41 PM, #8

Kregan (Anonymous)Sun 17-May-15 12:51 AM
Charter member
#124291, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rilanith Salidan the Prela..."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry to see this happen. But it does sound like you enjoyed the ride, which is what the most important thing.

All the best. GLYWN.

WelverinSat 16-May-15 12:40 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
624 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124266, "goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Well... It was definitely a fun ride. Love me some whiysdan. Shaman mid ranks was very nice. I played this one because I wanted to see what everyone complained about at hero. Man did I find out. Hero shaman landing anything beyond the damage sups was soon hard. Granted I probably play shaman too much like a paladin, but man hero pm was rough. There really were only a few builds that worried me, liantae, because insects plus staff cutoff plus pincer usually ended up in a dead me. Some of the shifters gave me fits when they prepped... Basically anything that didn't have to trip, bash or bear charge to lag and could out melee me.

In the end though it was very frustrating fighting the hell gear. I say it that way specifically. The last day I got pwk'd twice in the space of an hour by one item. I don't fault the player because I don't think they have any say in the prog, but the first fight I had him writhing with at least 600 hp left on me, and the baaam, I am standing up at my pit going wth? It is not that the player couldn't take me without the gear. But it sure seemed crappy. The second time he jumped me when I was fighting someone else and bamm,, instakill.

I understand that there are a lot of instakill abilities in the game on classes, but they have limitations for the most part and drawbacks. The game balance just isn't there when you have hell open, and the gear coming out, and not much comparable in the good align realm...

To be honest I rolled knowing that empire was swinging, I didn't mind for the most part, most of them were pretty laid back. I did not like some players abusing Orc mechanics though. Not sure if they are still active so I will wait to talk more about that.

Anything else, post and I will reply.

The....Guy (Anonymous)Sat 16-May-15 06:36 PM
Charter member
#124275, "RE: goodbyes"
In response to Reply #7

I am going to break my no posting with a current rule to address this.
The first time it fired on you (and you were the first person it fired like that on) I was stoked, thought it was really neat. I have fought many many rounds and it has gone off doing different things but not once did it do that.

The second time it fired, and in the first round or two, I felt really bad. After that I avoided pressing any confrontation with you because I didn't want that to happen again until it got looked at.

One of two things happened from what I can tell. There is an issue with the Azure race (perhaps a specific save, maybe their vulnerability to negative). Or there is something that you were affected with that the druid hit you with that was letting it fire and you miss your saving throw.

Sorry that you gave up because of that, your character was fun to fight against.

Liantae (Anonymous)Sat 16-May-15 06:48 PM
Charter member
#124278, "I think you did good!"
In response to Reply #7

I hope you didn't get too frustrated fighting me. Every single shaman I fought had troubles with me, only Reegun at one point had the upper hand against me really. I think though, that you killed me quite a few times. Or I might confuse you with someone else.

Anyway, I figured it was you, you make good and classy chars.

WhiysdanMon 18-May-15 04:11 PM
Member since 04th Aug 2011
243 posts
#124321, "woot!"
In response to Reply #7

Dug me some Rilanith! Really fun interactions and I liked the way your shaman paths worked out for you. Fit nicely.

=w=

Kowelu Rizzle (Anonymous)Sat 16-May-15 05:27 AM
Charter member
#124262, "Nice char. Looked like Welverin to me."
In response to Reply #0

Some of our encounters were downright hilarious. And some completely unfair. That double-ape rape.

Come to the dark side Herald!

WelverinSat 16-May-15 12:42 PM
624 posts
#124268, "Tthanks"
In response to Reply #4

Yeah you had me pegged.

It was fun for a long time, just not so much recently.

Gromm (Anonymous)Sat 16-May-15 03:43 AM
Charter member
#124261, "Sad to see you go"
In response to Reply #0

Sad to see you go so soon, I was hoping to nail you one on one, honestly

Overall, was a nice character and certainly a decent player, thanks for all the interactions (mostly battles though ).

crsweeneyFri 15-May-15 05:51 PM
Member since 17th Apr 2013
202 posts
#124257, "could you explain why you deleted"
In response to Reply #0

I know what you said in game, could you explain it here so the imms have a chance to examine it?

incognitoSat 16-May-15 03:32 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124260, "I'm mildly interested but"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Sat 16-May-15 03:34 AM

If it relates to an ooc group you need to email the imms. But keep in mind they are not guaranteed to act quickly or indeed at all, in theory.

Re the char Rilanith he was good to have around since sometimes no one else was. Which makes me wonder whether the issue could be bandwagoning more generally - maybe there could be some sort of pk adjustment for cabals that are dominant. Eg you get a message saying that if you join this cabal now you will cast all spells and do all skills as if you were 10 levels lower while the cabal is dominant. I don't mean you lose access to spells or skills but simply that those you have are easier to save against etc.

What I couldn't figure out about Rilanith was whether your hard ass talk was rp or the player. If it was rp, cool. If the player, I'd keep it to when you're in the person's pk range. But props for playing Rilanith at a time of underdog ness

crsweeneySat 16-May-15 09:56 AM
Member since 17th Apr 2013
202 posts
#124264, "game balanace issues`"
In response to Reply #2

I'll clarify:

I think the player was frustrated by the insta-gib items in play right now and implied that it was not working as intended. He never went ooc or complained about numbers at least to my character IC.

incognitoSat 16-May-15 12:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#124265, "I think those"
In response to Reply #5

Are from hell.

WelverinSat 16-May-15 12:41 PM
624 posts
#124267, "pretty much this."
In response to Reply #5

It sucked to be winning a fight against an opponent who is really tough to have that happen.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #124254 Previous topic | Next topic