Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Guargoux RiverRock the Keystone of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121845
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 01-Sep-14 11:21 AM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121845, "(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Guargoux RiverRock the Keystone of Balance"

Mon Sep 1 11:17:15 2014

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Guargoux perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:711

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbye, farewell, you will be missed., Kalageadon, 01-Sep-14 12:08 PM, #1
     Reply I hate having to be the bad guy, Rayihn, 01-Sep-14 12:29 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Goodbye, farewell, you will be missed., Daevryn, 01-Sep-14 04:56 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Goodbye, farewell, you will be missed., Crraya (Anonymous), 01-Sep-14 08:03 PM, #4
     Reply Of Course., Kalageadon, 01-Sep-14 08:29 PM, #6
     Reply Lots of fights for a time, Ayinithalasa (Anonymous), 01-Sep-14 08:22 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Lots of fights for a time, Kalageadon, 01-Sep-14 08:50 PM, #7
     Reply You killed Tiamat with Goodies as a Nexus leader , lasentia, 02-Sep-14 01:57 PM, #8
     Reply Well, this is the way it goes., Kalageadon, 02-Sep-14 04:57 PM, #9
     Reply lot of respect, Dallevian, 04-Sep-14 10:58 AM, #10
          Reply I recall a few of those., Kalageadon, 04-Sep-14 05:34 PM, #11

KalageadonMon 01-Sep-14 12:08 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1043 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121846, "Goodbye, farewell, you will be missed."
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun with this character and endured a lot of pain and frustration. I had lots of thoughts about what I wanted to say and more about what I wanted to accomplish but I'd say, overall, I couldn't have done much better.

It is very rare that I bring a character to age death, and I was looking forward to seeing this one through until the end. Having said that, I likely would have lived longer without choosing to act as I did. I knew the rule and I broke it. My reasoning was as a player and in the decade and a half that I've played CF off and on, I had never killed Tiamat with any character and I chose to with this one. I apologize to anyone I let down in their expectations of me but as a player, I just couldn't let the opportunity pass. I didn't know what it was going to cost but I was prepared for the worst.

My forms were a mishmash. I had shapes that were overwhelmingly offensive in the water with very little defense and super dodge forms on land with very little offense. I was hoping to myself for a damage reduction form somewhere along the line but it never really happened. Regardless, I'm very happy with the way things turned out. I was very adaptable in the end and could face almost any odds, with few exceptions.

I played very similar to Turmi, in that I was fairly passive most of the time and that was mainly because I didn't want to be the guy who's blamed for.. he attacked me for no reason.. kind of bs, I wanted to be the one that shocked you by what just happened kind of guy.

I made it a mission to help the opposing side during swings of the balance and that could mean grouping/ranking, retrieval, or it could mean outfitting some lowbies which I'm sure many could attest. Truthfully, it is rare that there isn't something to do as a Nexun although it may not always be PK.

Umiron, I don't know if I measured up and I really am glad that you gave me a chance to be your follower. I tried to really push magic into the hearts and minds of people, what it could do for them and how it helped me.

Rayihn, I am glad you blessed me as you did, I thought the way you did it was kind of funny and interesting. I hope I didn't disappoint you too much with the raid on Tiamat.

Battle, you had several standouts throughout my life, lots of courageous folk but Hexugar and Erighan were by far the most dangerous that I faced. I made it a point to kill every battle leader and mageslayer at least once, with one exception and that is because I couldn't harm them.

Scarab, It was cool seeing you guys rise up again and I tried to help more than hunt you all.

Tribunal, I made it a point to avoid being wanted but I'd certainly hunt all of your behinds if you ever left the city. We had some good fights off and on.

Herald, Even before the role/quest took place, I had some fun with you all, mostly because you folk were neutral/neutral.

Fortress, I didn't have much call to hunt the Light very often, I think mainly because there just aren't that many good lightwalking killers out there to tip the balance.

Empire, I didn't like many of you but I think that may be because for the bulk of the characters life, you were fairly strong bordering on domination. Some cool interactions were forced out of this situation though so I can't complain too much when looking back.

Outlander, I found myself fighting your kind fairly often and didn't have too much in the way of complaints except every once in a while.

In the end, I'm a little relieved because I'm back in class again and haven't had the amount of time to put in that I wanted. So, I'll simply wish all my Nexus brothers and sisters the best and say good luck.

RayihnMon 01-Sep-14 12:29 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#121847, "I hate having to be the bad guy"
In response to Reply #1

So I appreciate that you took it as well as you did. I couldn't let the actions go without a punishment and I tried to be as fair as possible. I liked this character all and all, very low key but well rp'd.

Good luck on your next!

DaevrynMon 01-Sep-14 04:56 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#121848, "RE: Goodbye, farewell, you will be missed."
In response to Reply #1

Overall I thought this was a very solid and well-played character. Good luck with your next (as time allows).

Crraya (Anonymous)Mon 01-Sep-14 08:03 PM
Charter member
#121850, "RE: Goodbye, farewell, you will be missed."
In response to Reply #1

It was fun knowing you. I never figured I'd win as many battles as I did as the assassin vs shapeshifter battle is not very assassin-happy.

Too many forms with no arms, legs, feet, etc... even some that should (though not necessarily yours, of course - that shark! Ugh.)

Anyways, hope you enjoyed...

KalageadonMon 01-Sep-14 08:29 PM
1043 posts
#121853, "Of Course."
In response to Reply #4

Going from fighting as your Drillmaster to fighting against you as the Meter was a big change.

I still remember the first time I died to you. I even felt stupefied. Before I knew it, I was at -900 mv by the end of the fight and learned a big lesson about fighting assassins and that is... All shifter forms have knees to aim at, or whatever it is that lowers mv. I kept thinking to myself of all the body parts for shifters to have, why do fish and snakes have knees and only knees? It was the bane of my retrieval operations at the village when an assassin was around because continual flee, rest mv. Nearly as bad as a dodge form fighting a whip spec or STSF warrior at the village.

I'm glad you're still around because whenever I saw you, the RP was there and I knew if you found me, we'd be brawling. Keep on truckin.

Ayinithalasa (Anonymous)Mon 01-Sep-14 08:22 PM
Charter member
#121852, "Lots of fights for a time"
In response to Reply #1

Hey, don't think you can actually do anything to my build, but enjoyed your spirit in willing to retrieve regardless. GLWYN! And if you play a shifter, make sure you have a fighting form next time.

KalageadonMon 01-Sep-14 08:50 PM
1043 posts
#121854, "RE: Lots of fights for a time"
In response to Reply #5

You were certainly tough but Hexugar was just the perfect amalgam for killing shifters. Erighan I put above you because of something else. Your build was perfect for survival and wearing an enemy down and I often over stayed because if I didn't, you'd simply run off and I'd waste more magic without having a chance to kill you. You were horribly annoying to fight and you certainly killed me many more times than I did you but that is to be expected of a player like me who really wants to fight against super crappy odds. In the end, I did manage to get you once and that was because you didn't run away and I had to let myself get super hurt for that to happen.

And, for what it's worth, I was quite happy with what I earned although, you're correct, it didn't have the potency of an offense form.

As a funny side note, you were the only one out of at least a dozen tries that I ever stole the key back from once you raided. I must have died three or four times, maybe more, trying to do that. The lag on raccoon steal is 3 rounds and it has no damage redux and no evade, and sneak items don't work in form so I'd come out of shadows every time.

Thanks for the fights even though I felt like I was banging my head against a wall sometimes..

lasentiaTue 02-Sep-14 01:57 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#121857, "You killed Tiamat with Goodies as a Nexus leader "
In response to Reply #1

That brings back some memories.

I think there is even a reference to doing that in the Island and why it is bad, so yeah, not easy to pull that off and get away with it.

But seeing that another attempted that road gave me a smile. Have to push the envelope and be creative in Nexus when you play a long lived char.

KalageadonTue 02-Sep-14 04:57 PM
1043 posts
#121858, "Well, this is the way it goes."
In response to Reply #8

I waited until all was balance and joined. It was mostly heralds with some fortress thrown in there. Off and on the balance shifted from balance to slight good tipping but when noticed, I didn't depart when I should have. I let things shift more than once but continued. In the end, I think three or four goodies, maybe more, died along the way but when we finished Tiamat, the light was still tipping.

I didn't do what I did to push any envelope, or be risque, I did it because it was something I'd never done as a player for the entire time I've played CF, not because it was something my character really wanted to do. That is why I apologize to any who took offense. I knew I'd be punished because it was the logical thing to do and I accepted that when I didn't leave the group after noticing the balance shifted.

And you're correct, I had read the story on the Island, and although the situation wasn't 100% the same because the balance wasn't as far toward the light, it was still wrong because the writing of balance says clearly that you shouldn't travel with them at such times.

DallevianThu 04-Sep-14 10:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1620 posts
#121881, "lot of respect"
In response to Reply #1

i think i had 4 nexuns during your life/leadership (majhi, goyaffa, hagart, and jurloah). i wasn't keen on how you wanted to keep the balance but at the same time you did a very good job. you would at least press against village when they had some really good killers.

KalageadonThu 04-Sep-14 05:34 PM
1043 posts
#121887, "I recall a few of those."
In response to Reply #10

Thanks. I did try my best to ensure that I adhered to the Island principles but like you said, I did have a different way of doing it than most. I think if I had an offensive form, things would have been different on the attacking enemies front but for several hundred hours my most powerful land form was Bobcat and I nearly managed 1 kill with it during my lifetime and someone came and nabbed the KB.

I think my biggest accomplishments were in retrieval/defense category when it comes to those kinds of things. I did my absolute best to avoid logging out without the Key, regardless of the odds.

I thought Goyaffa, if I recall correctly, would have been the #1 choice for Rhyme if you'd stuck it out, fwiw.

And, Yes, they have had some good killers. The village seems to be wising up by being able to use their no-recall area with entwine/cutoff/striking cutoff/martial trance cutoff, and that seems to be very common these days. I likely died 10 or more times to just 1 of them and dozens to similar mechanics.

I'd like to see you stick with whatever you play next, you do have some talent for the game.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #121845 Previous topic | Next topic