Subject: "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Raijik the Student of the Macalla, E..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117183
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 02-Oct-13 07:09 PM
Member since 01st Jun 2024
16893 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117183, "(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Raijik the Student of the Macalla, Elite Imperial Blade"

Sat Sep 28 19:24:41 2013

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Raijik perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:83

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Subthread deleted..., Daevryn, 02-Oct-13 07:10 PM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Raijik the Student of the Macall..., wareagle, 01-Oct-13 09:22 PM, #8
Reply One edit., wareagle, 01-Oct-13 09:35 PM, #9
Reply Don't you think a demotion would have got the point acr..., Anti-Hero, 01-Oct-13 11:52 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Don't you think a demotion would have got the point..., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 02-Oct-13 09:20 AM, #11
          Reply I get the points., wareagle, 02-Oct-13 12:10 PM, #12
               Reply RE: I get the points., Ekaerok (Anonymous), 03-Oct-13 08:44 AM, #16
                    Reply I was probably pretty extreme...., Kraldinor (Anonymous), 03-Oct-13 11:58 AM, #17
Reply Combination of weak and lame sauces., Warrior (Anonymous), 29-Sep-13 01:38 PM, #3
Reply This isn't what anon posting is designed for nt, Rayihn, 29-Sep-13 03:22 PM, #5
Reply This is what anon posting Should be used for, N b M, 30-Sep-13 09:29 PM, #7
     Reply RE: This is what anon posting Should be used for, Daevryn, 02-Oct-13 07:12 PM, #15
Reply Take your meds Pro nt, lurker, 30-Sep-13 11:16 AM, #6
Reply I take it you were a Blade under him?, Iklahn (Anonymous), 29-Sep-13 01:40 PM, #13
     Reply Clearly the Emperor thought he was out of line in doing..., Assassin (Anonymous), 29-Sep-13 03:10 PM, #4
Reply Why the delete? n/t, Perpetual_Noob, 29-Sep-13 01:59 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Why the delete? n/t, sezdral, 29-Sep-13 04:08 AM, #2

DaevrynWed 02-Oct-13 07:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117242, "Subthread deleted..."
In response to Reply #0

Keep it in your pants, people.

wareagleTue 01-Oct-13 09:22 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117214, "RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Raijik the Student of the Macall..."
In response to Reply #0

I stepped on the wrong toes.

I anathema'ed Rahzeez because Empire to me is:

1) You log in to your Sect Leader being awake, you greet him/her as such. Rahzeez didn't do that.

2) An elder Imperial hero says in cabal channel let's go kill some elves(your Sect Leader is not a hero) and Rahzeez responds you have something else to do without your Sect Leader saying something about it isn't the right move.

3) Your Sect Leader, after both those things, tries to talk to you about things and gets very short responses that indicate the person does not want to talk to you.

I anathema'ed Llocerat too because when I asked a question, he gave me some short random answer. Also, Jaunka an Elite of mine was being given that same type of dis-structure, Jaunka actually initiated the entire thing there. I honestly think that's what he was going for. I think that's what Rahzeez was going for.

I understand the notion that some thought Rahzeez Anathema was to preserve my spot as WM. I, before I logged on and saw him as Elite, thought that if Merf wanted to put someone else as WM and me as Elite I'd be A-OK with that. I also promoted Jaunka to Elite, who seemed to be doing well, I promoted some bard to Elite, Havanah? not sure, and I just promoted Mreii. I would have promoted Rahzeez myself if I had the chance and he could recite the bloodoath. See #blitzenturt

I awoke, with hardly anyone else on, to the Blademaster wanting to speak to me. He/She said I was well within my rights, even though I can sense the discourse about it, and to send an agenda to bring the Sect back to glory.

I awoke later to a discussion about Raijik's position in Empire(assuming), and that didn't play out very well to the character(Raijik).

To the poster that commented I wasn't very invested in the character, I'm telling you, I was.

No hard feelings, but there's no way a character wants to rebound like that to just be thought of as a bitch.

wareagleTue 01-Oct-13 09:34 PM
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117215, "One edit."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Tue 01-Oct-13 09:35 PM

Llocerat was fine to me, he/she was defiant to Jaunka. So Jaunka wrote a missive about it and then I talked to Llocerat and told him/her to send a missive about what Jaunka an Elite was asking Llocerat a Sheathed to the entire Sect.

The missive didn't answer any of Jaunka's questions.

Anti-HeroTue 01-Oct-13 11:52 PM
Member since 19th Sep 2013
64 posts
#117216, "Don't you think a demotion would have got the point acr..."
In response to Reply #8

I'm just curious how any of this made you feel so slighted that you had to permanently anathema them from the cabal. By your own admission that's the second person you anathemaed, did you bother demoting either of them first to give them some sort of a warning?

I mean, the Emperor was clearly mad at you for doing it, and only demoted you. Maybe you went a little far in putting the permanent "screw you" stamp on a character before even trying to demote them first to get your point across. If they mouth off after that, Anathema would be great. But jesus christ, there's like 30 people online now tops, and Empire basically is getting curbstomped by fort at every corner. Was it really worth dumping a hero cabal member over when the cabal is all barely maiking a comeback anyways?

Ekaerok (Anonymous)Wed 02-Oct-13 09:20 AM
Charter member
#117218, "RE: Don't you think a demotion would have got the point..."
In response to Reply #10

I think pretty much exactly like the above. If I am trying to strengthen an empire to rule all of Thera, do I kick out every little transgression? No, I demote and treat them like crap until they either learn how to act or I am then forced to anathema them.

As a war master, personally I wouldn't want to throw away potential tools (blades). Instead, I would just put them back into the forge (lower ranks) for improvement. All of this should be taken with a grain of salt, as I don't play a ton of empire - partly because of the constant gold requirements, but mostly because I don't want to spend 300 hours into a character just to get anathema.

All in all, If you treat anathema like it is nothing you will just find yourself with few blades and suddenly more people mad and joining the Fortress horde.

wareagleWed 02-Oct-13 12:10 PM
201 posts
#117225, "I get the points."
In response to Reply #11

Still, I feel demotion is for example, breaking Imperial Law and striking in a city, getting caught, and being sorry about it to your Sect Leader.

If in the above, the Imperial were to just shrug me off or beat around the bush about it, I'd anathema him.

Demotions can be for other things, let's say someone is on the cusp of donations and obviously doesn't care about it. As Sect Leader, I'd give them a warning about it, if in a week it was still the way it is, and the Blade was apologetic about it and had good reasons he may either get more time or might get demoted. If that Blade said something in effect that he didn't care what I had asked him, I would anathema him.

I've played Empire for a long time. My first Imperial was Anathema'ed because of a way I responded to my Sect Leader. I think this was before demotions(if that time even existed I'm fuzzy about it).

I can't reconcile in my mind that I was dealing with someone who just didn't care about what I was saying and for that, it's the anathema button to me.

A simple Hail, War Master when he logged on, or Greetings War Master, or even War Master, and I see this entire scenario playing out differently.

Ekaerok (Anonymous)Thu 03-Oct-13 08:44 AM
Charter member
#117252, "RE: I get the points."
In response to Reply #12

I don't think my vision of what demotion/anathema should be used for match what they have been used for historically.

I would say requiring a greeting from someone is probably iffy due to either times where people go semi afk or are in the dreams. Kicking people out for stuff like that just seems petty.

Kraldinor (Anonymous)Thu 03-Oct-13 11:54 AM
Charter member
#117256, "I was probably pretty extreme...."
In response to Reply #16
Edited on Thu 03-Oct-13 11:58 AM

But I made people work really, really hard to become anathema. I get sometimes people blow up playing this game and do things they regret, so I always tried to give people a cool off period unless they just wouldn't let things go. People would often delete after a demotion anyway.

Of course Kraldinor was my first serious Imperial since the cabal came back in (I had two scion reject citizens that didn't break 100 hours from 2003-2010), so I may have had it all wrong.

My last anathema was from an invis Agathocles because I suggested we should learn instead of recovering for the 5th time since we couldn't keep hero sylvan from taking the codex. My thinking was if we could fight them, we might be able to stop them. I stopped playing Empire after that for a long time, but things are much different now.

Warrior (Anonymous)Sun 29-Sep-13 01:38 PM
Charter member
#117192, "Combination of weak and lame sauces."
In response to Reply #0

You're a malicious ass who ruined other people's experiences, and for no good reason at all. If you don't like how someone is acting in Empire, you should talk to them about their poor behavior and maybe demote them. Don't just anathema them out of nowhere. If you anathema someone, you tell them why you did it. You don't quit without saying anything.

RayihnSun 29-Sep-13 03:22 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#117196, "This isn't what anon posting is designed for nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

N b MMon 30-Sep-13 09:29 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#117206, "This is what anon posting Should be used for"
In response to Reply #5

Though this posters delivery was a bit uncouth.

They stated opinion about in game actions after said character had already deleted.

Doing it anon so his possibly? still active character won't catch any in game repercussions (unless it is from people who IP check), but in a way that the character he stated his opinion about should be able to pick up on who it is.

If anything it should stem a proper discussion about Imperial politics and how such things can and should be dealt with by current characters in game. Well, that is if we still care about that evil side of the game.

DaevrynWed 02-Oct-13 07:12 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#117243, "RE: This is what anon posting Should be used for"
In response to Reply #7

Anonymous posting on the battlefield is so you can post as a current character without requiring a new account for every character you play, not for anonymously trolling or taking shots at someone.

Anyone who does so does so at their own risk.

lurkerMon 30-Sep-13 11:16 AM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#117199, "Take your meds Pro nt"
In response to Reply #3

Meds meds meds

Iklahn (Anonymous)Wed 02-Oct-13 07:09 PM
Charter member
#117193, "I take it you were a Blade under him?"
In response to Reply #3

If so, War Master doesn't have to tell you why he did anything. Its actually a perfectly valid move IC. Now, on the OOC side of it all, it is pretty bleh and not one that many people like to see happen. That however is something that can and does happen in Empire.

Assassin (Anonymous)Sun 29-Sep-13 03:10 PM
Charter member
#117195, "Clearly the Emperor thought he was out of line in doing..."
In response to Reply #13

Because he lost his war master slot for it. From what I heard inside the cabal anyways, there was absolutely no reason for it other than he was scared of losing war master to him. And in that case, a demotion will do. If you anathema somebody the Emperor likes more than you and you don't have a good reason for doing it, you walk a dangerous road. This is usually the result.

Anathema has a extreme and permanent effect on a character, and it should only be used in the most dire circumstances. It's basically a permanent uninduct, with a #### you we're coming for your head iced on top of the cake. With so few active players, if you're going to #### in someones cheerios at least have a solid good reason.

If he deleted over a single demotion anyways, he clearly wasn't that invested in his character. Gives the feeling more and more that it was a spiteful move, and that he couldn't care less either way.

Perpetual_NoobSun 29-Sep-13 01:59 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2012
358 posts
#117188, "Why the delete? n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

sezdralSun 29-Sep-13 04:08 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2010
88 posts
#117189, "RE: Why the delete? n/t"
In response to Reply #1

Looks like he got demoted.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #117183 Previous topic | Next topic