Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Rylogax SwiftWing the Spectre, Imp..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111221
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 01-Oct-12 05:20 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2024
16815 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111221, "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Rylogax SwiftWing the Spectre, Imperial Black Magician"

Mon Oct 1 15:19:30 2012

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Rylogax perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:202

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply hasta la bye bye, Rylogax (Anonymous), 01-Oct-12 05:59 PM, #3
Reply Missed by 2%. Owies. nt, Rayihn, 01-Oct-12 06:10 PM, #4
Reply Could you clarify a bit?, Gaplemo, 01-Oct-12 06:25 PM, #5
Reply RE: Could you clarify a bit?, Scarabaeus, 01-Oct-12 09:23 PM, #7
     Reply Thats sort of how I assumed it worked. Thanks. nt, Gaplemo, 01-Oct-12 09:40 PM, #9
Reply AHHHHHH , Rylogax (Anonymous), 01-Oct-12 06:26 PM, #6
Reply RE: hasta la bye bye, Scarabaeus, 01-Oct-12 09:27 PM, #8
Reply Damn you for not taking the bait!, Zameida (Anonymous), 02-Oct-12 12:19 AM, #10
Reply Goodbyes, laxman, 02-Oct-12 01:29 PM, #11
Reply RE: hasta la bye bye, Trelvant (Anonymous), 02-Oct-12 08:37 PM, #12
Reply Swing and a miss on becoming? nt, Artificial, 01-Oct-12 05:25 PM, #1
     Reply yerp, Rylogax (Anonymous), 01-Oct-12 05:53 PM, #2

Rylogax (Anonymous)Mon 01-Oct-12 05:59 PM
Charter member
#111225, "hasta la bye bye"
In response to Reply #0

Well that was a lot of fun. My first necro since the late 90's and first one to animate dead. Learned a LOT, fealt like such a noob when I got to level 25 and had to figure out where the freakin hell do I get corpses (I failed the first 15 tries in a ROW, talk about disheartening). There was the whole finding all sorts of new graveyards when I was looking for my special undead (and seriously I found all 4 but spent another 20 hours looking for a fifth because I thought you get 5 by default). I found my amber and my black (which was a really rough one for a spectre and would have been ludacrisly easy for a mummy/lich). I did a lot of exploring all in all, way more then is normal for my characters and it was a lot of fun.

I will do some individual goodbyes as people reply or in a day or so, I had a blast.

RayihnMon 01-Oct-12 06:10 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111226, "Missed by 2%. Owies. nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

GaplemoMon 01-Oct-12 06:25 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
#111227, "Could you clarify a bit?"
In response to Reply #4

What does missed by 2% mean? Does that mean that by doing other things (skill ups, more pks, aging, whatever) He could have increased his success rate past that 2%? Is there a system that tells you exactly what % they need for a success?

ScarabaeusMon 01-Oct-12 09:23 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#111231, "RE: Could you clarify a bit?"
In response to Reply #5

What does missed by 2% mean?

The process calculates your chance of success based on a number of factors. You then roll percentile dice to hit that number or lower in order to successfully Become. He missed the roll by 2%.

Does that mean that by doing other things...

Yes.

GaplemoMon 01-Oct-12 09:40 PM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
#111233, "Thats sort of how I assumed it worked. Thanks. nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

Rylogax (Anonymous)Mon 01-Oct-12 06:26 PM
Charter member
#111228, "AHHHHHH "
In response to Reply #4

Thanks for letting me know, man five days is a long time to wait and think, closure is nice.

ScarabaeusMon 01-Oct-12 09:27 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#111232, "RE: hasta la bye bye"
In response to Reply #3

Glad to hear it was a good experience. Things have changed a bit since the late 90s. :p

I'm glad to see you were able to navigate the automated system for Mummies well enough. There was a possibility of taking you down another path, but it wasn't the one you wanted...

Zameida (Anonymous)Tue 02-Oct-12 12:19 AM
Charter member
#111236, "Damn you for not taking the bait!"
In response to Reply #3

Had a lot of fun talking with you. As usual I liked your char.
I so wish you would've taken me up on that offer. I would've brought you the whole way thruogh it, that's for certain, mostly because I really wanted to see it oocly. + it fitted with Zameida's role.

Though Zameida isn't as patient as she used to be and eventually she just took what little trust you had for her and betrayed you. + I totally missunderstood you I think, I thought you had said you refused my offer.

Btw, that fight we had on the west loke road... If you had engaged or stayed in that fight, I'd be dead. I didn't realize that I had didn't have protections up, and all of the sudden I saw that I had 180hps left and you're only gushing, + you had a full army. I quickly paniced and worded out.

To bad you failed your becoming. Hope to see you back in action soon again.

GLWYN!

laxmanTue 02-Oct-12 01:29 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#111242, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #3

Ferrik: You had a really interesting role and it was a rather unique experience in my CF career to run with a char like yours. Thanks for being there when I was a chump and pretending like I was scary.

Lethrivus: You need to supress your urge for vengance on people, I get the frustration, heavy looting is not the answer (though only saw it once or twice from you). thanks for giving me all the advice on necros early on in life.

Dhavid: Thanks for all the help in the higher ranks. I suspect that your impact on the empire is just starting to be fealt and the last item was very close to where we first looked, we just had the wrong creature.

Kurbwan: You have been a presence for a long time, I had fun with you as Zevaduce and I can't believe you are still kicking.

Cabakso: Please start to play an emperor, that means attending to the empire(you haven't appointed a single council membet in a month dude, you are totally stagnating all the fun stuff by keeping the whole empire in oath and tier 1). You also let the divine sect treat your own cabal like their bitches, I don't know if that is intentional or a result of your play times but it was really irritating to always walk on eggshels in the sect the emperor came from because he doesn't seem to care about it. Also when you demoted me I had asked you like ten minutes before if I could sit out the raid/defense and you said yes, then you turn around and demote me for not defending... wtf dude

Ejomothi: I have absolutly no clue how you get away with being as abbrasive to the rest of the empire as you do. Bravo on being consistant.

Jinjer: love your name! No idea how you are not elite yet.

Oshui: Yeah you were like 6ish of my deaths, you started coming at me young and beat up on me until I figured out the class. Always having air shifters (especially ones that always had ranks/protections on me) was a royal pain in the behind, so many lost armies. If you didn't exist I would have been able to do stuff for another 20-30 hours of this chars life other then sit in hidden areas with my thumbs up my butt because I needed a certain size army to just forestall the inevitable flyto peck kill off zombie routine.

Zamieda: I would have totally gone down the new undead path with you, never was going to do it as a scion. Was hoping to get a bit more out of you but just like you I was not going to give up anything of real value.

Narrisorin: Your comment about Zynzyn made me look up his PBF and I had no idea he was owl based (despite running around with him as Quinlon). It was nice that you didn't join the air form dogpile that was my life in later years.

Heralds: Thanks for being more of a cabal for me then my own cabal a lot of the time. Man there sure are a lot of you right now.

Trelvant (Anonymous)Tue 02-Oct-12 08:37 PM
Charter member
#111246, "RE: hasta la bye bye"
In response to Reply #3

Initially as a bloodoathe I disliked you. But that might have been your rp. Once a citizen and talking to Grint about you, I enjoyed our interactions together. Sorry I havnt been around lately, good luck with your next.

ArtificialMon 01-Oct-12 05:25 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#111222, "Swing and a miss on becoming? nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Rylogax (Anonymous)Mon 01-Oct-12 05:53 PM
Charter member
#111224, "yerp"
In response to Reply #1

oh well, let there be rum!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #111221 Previous topic | Next topic