Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Dvalygg Veidt the Sacerdotal Assassin,..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108208
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 16-Apr-12 04:28 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108208, "(DELETED) [None] Dvalygg Veidt the Sacerdotal Assassin, Initiate of the Beast"

Mon Apr 16 14:26:31 2012

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Dvalygg perished, never to return.

Race:mummy
Class:necromancer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:619

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Sogs (NOT Dvalygg), 16-Apr-12 06:54 PM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Daevryn, 16-Apr-12 07:02 PM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes, GarwernPally (Anonymous), 16-Apr-12 07:46 PM, #7
Reply oh sure just forget me, Tontik, 16-Apr-12 09:59 PM, #8
Reply GWB goodness, Scarabaeus, 16-Apr-12 10:23 PM, #9
Reply :'( -nt-, Zynzyn (Anonymous), 20-Apr-12 05:51 PM, #13
Reply So many times we met when you could have one shot me, Artificial, 16-Apr-12 10:58 PM, #10
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Odrallag, 16-Apr-12 11:00 PM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ruch (Anonymous), 17-Apr-12 07:48 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Dvalygg Veidt the Sacerdotal Assas..., Enlilth, 16-Apr-12 04:33 PM, #1
     Reply Conspicuous after the twitter post, Oldril, 16-Apr-12 04:51 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Conspicuous after the twitter post, Enlilth, 16-Apr-12 04:55 PM, #3
               Reply RE: Conspicuous after the twitter post, Borkahd, 16-Apr-12 06:27 PM, #4

Sogs (NOT Dvalygg)Mon 16-Apr-12 06:50 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 16-Apr-12 06:54 PM

I had hoped to stay around long enough to see the fruition of my recent labors (the altar thing), but two things happened.

First, I was growing a little bit tired of the character. I was extremely well aware of my PK limitations and capabilities, and I was growing a little tired of trying to creep out and threaten priests.

Second, my computer straight up broke the other night between some skirmishes with a paladin and an air/offense shifter. (I'm typing this up on an older computer I was since able to get up and running).

Before I logged in the next day, I saw that Dvalygg was killed by the two on Twitter. So I wasn't terribly surprised when I logged in the next day at the pit with no gear. Yes, it wouldn't have taken much to get up and running again, I guess, but I have a lot of other real life stuff going on right now - a marriage coming up in two months, work schedule changes, etc. I don't want my hours upon hours of CF time becoming an issue with my bride-to-be.

Even though I took advantage of a moment of CF frustration to delete Dvalygg, I still struggled not to log back in and undo the delete. I really enjoyed this character, mostly because Scarabaeus is awesome. Every interaction was sweet, and I can't think of a single IMM I've interacted with who adds more depth, texture and a feeling of history to the game.

I rolled this character with two goals in mind: To play a definitive Great Wild Beast character and to get as many (sporting) solo-pks as I could with an uncaballed, disliked necromancer.

I'd always wanted a good GWB follower, and wanted to figure out how it's different from the Ruby Scarab. It's much more different than you'd think, though both religions are compatible. I highly recommend giving it a try - just don't fall into the trap of thinking of it as Wilderness-Scarab, because that's not what it is.

I initially wanted to lich, but I realized it was the biggest stretch from an RP standpoint of someone who treasures his mortal pleasures and instincts. That's why I went nutty about vampires when Scarabaeus teased me about it. Also, as someone who has had both quests, mummy quests are WAYYYY easier than lich quests, even though mummies far less powerful than liches. Mummies have a ceiling that just doesn't exist with liches.

Mummy powers are kind of cool, but not practical. I only used Umbra occasionally... it has drawbacks. Abstraction was way more of a liability than a help. Dissolution is OK, but the timer is horrible. Mummy vulns were kind of a shock at first.

Imms:

Scarabaeus: Congrats in the IMP-hood. Hope Dvalygg's deletion didn't mess up any big quests or plans... the PBF comment has me wondering what I missed out on. You made this my favorite tat'd character ever. The mission you gave me - killing priests of all rival gods - was incredibly enjoyable and breathed a second life into this character when I felt like I was losing steam.

P.S. That power is amazing.
P.P.S. Please don't make that Saraba altar too cool or reopen the Inferno anytime soon. I don't want a reason to come back yet.

I can't recall any other Imms I interacted with, except for a brief chat with Reksah (thanks for that prize).

Mortals:

Various GWB wannabes: Stop saying "Embrace the Darkness." That'll go a long way.

FORTRESS: Some of you were hoarding powerful evil gear and playing super-conservatively or never logging on. That's pretty lame.

Illanthos: Did I ever kill you? I don't think I did, and that pisses me off. Had a good rivalry with you.

Vallinane: I don't think I enjoyed killing anyone as much as you. You were really slippery, and it always felt like an accomplishment to pin you down. Then, you started fighting much smarter and doing things in group fights that put me at risk of getting killed. Had my heart pumping a couple of times.

Vozmuir: You've got a build that really wrecks mages, and especially necros. You seem to play it well.

Garwern: Probably my number-one enemy in early mummyhood. We had great backs-and-forths and a lot of bad blood (but in a good, clean, IC way).

BATTLE: None are sticking out except for Akedeh(?), the arial warrior leader. Man, he gave me a tough time right after I mummied. I think he three-rounded me twice, while I had like 1600 hps.

OUTLANDER: Dvalygg always believed you weren't as wild as you claimed. It was fun talking down to you.

Zosi: We had a good rivalry for a while, even pre-mummy. You were tough!

Onya: I wanted to get you bad, but never had the chance. That fight on the open sea was very fun and memorable.

EMPIRE: Felt bad kicking some of you while you were down, so I stopped doing it so routinely a while back.

SCIONS: I loosely allied with Scions but didn't like being seen as too cozy... Dvalygg was kind of a naturalist at heart, ironically.

Rindros: Great character, and major powerhouse. Hasn't been the same since you deleted.

Tavlin: You were way likeable from my standpoint.
Favorite moment: Tavlin tells you 'You should summon a cloud giant lumberjack right now."

Chancellor with the Ice Drake form - Amazing character. Wish I could remember your name, but thanks so much for helping me get my last mummy quest item.

I'm sure I owe other people goodbyes. I'll try to reply if you post.

Thanks all for a fun experience.

DaevrynMon 16-Apr-12 07:02 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108219, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

Reading my PBF comments on Dvalygg, I feel like my position on him could be ambiguous, so I'll be direct: I was a fan.

GarwernPally (Anonymous)Mon 16-Apr-12 07:46 PM
Charter member
#108220, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

Loved you. Very evil and very tough. I think I was involved in three or four of your deaths, and each one felt like an accomplishment.

I owe you an apology too. I think you bore the brunt of the closest thing I came to an IC/OOC meltdown RE: The death on Kiadana to you while I was regearing. So, sorry for being a bitch that night.

Well done, you were excellent.

TontikMon 16-Apr-12 09:59 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2011
104 posts
#108222, "oh sure just forget me"
In response to Reply #5

i was like one of 5 people to kill you after you mummied solo and you leave me out, i see how you are. Seriously good char though and good luck with the next.

Tontik

ScarabaeusMon 16-Apr-12 10:23 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#108223, "GWB goodness"
In response to Reply #5

Glad you had fun with Dvalygg; I certainly enjoyed him. It is a pleasant surprise to have someone finally get what the difference is between the two cults. You were always spot on when correcting the wannabes.

I had a feeling you were starting to lose steam toward the end, so I decided it was time to move you on to the next mission. Unfortunately, I got called out of town for a funeral for several days, then had to play catch up with a number of things and didn't get an opportunity to move your story along. Ah, well.

Occasionally we've talked about possible mods to Mummies, but nothing has ever bubbled to the top. It's good to get the feedback regardless.

Take comfort that the storyline you're probably thinking of got derailed by Zynzyn, so we're in a holding pattern until that gets sorted out. 'Nuff said!

Zynzyn (Anonymous)Fri 20-Apr-12 05:51 PM
Charter member
#108270, ":'( -nt-"
In response to Reply #9

asf

ArtificialMon 16-Apr-12 10:58 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#108224, "So many times we met when you could have one shot me"
In response to Reply #5

But that was par for the course for Rindros. His whole life was about being around beasts who were far stronger than he, but still being in control.

In his eyes you were just a more sapient demon. You wanted to kill priests, so I invited you along to do so, and mixed in a few others along the way.

You could have killed me pretty easily, we both knew it (especially when I had to reconjure), but like every other demon, you respected my strength/reputation too much to make a move, but I could never be sure of my safety. I enjoyed that immensely.

The image that thinking about Dvalygg always brings to mind is Rindros being super low hp, on one knee, an eye shut in pain, with one arm holding a shoulder while the other one's hand is extended out to his demon, dripping blood, whispering with authority "You will obey!"

OdrallagMon 16-Apr-12 11:00 PM
Member since 18th Nov 2011
46 posts
#108225, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

I thoroughly enjoyed our numerous battles, despite the fact that they usually ended in a standstill once I was able to take zombie fighter and seven winds as edges. I think at that point I had the mechanical advantage on you, but I still had to be on my game. If it weren't for Calming I'm sure you would have beat me up much worse. Very little RP between us, but there was never much in the way of an opportunity to do so. The small bit I did get was solid. Again, enjoyed our battles. GLWYN and see you in the fields.

Ruch (Anonymous)Tue 17-Apr-12 07:48 PM
Charter member
#108236, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #5

I have to be honest, the time I caught you in Mal'traikis when you were talking to Scarabaeus was a sweet ranger kill though I felt a little bad at the same time since you were caught with your pants down, so to speak.

Frankly, it's the only way I could've ever killed a mummy was to catch them without a pack of undead help so I rushed in without even prepping or snaring and was just hoping swamp mire and pursuit worked because I didn't want to give you a chance to get away. I didn't realize Scarab was there until after I had ambushed and by then I wasn't going to stop because you'd have slept and killed me most likely (crappy spell saves as a half-naked savage).

In any case, that particular kill was memorable to me simply for soloing a mummy while half-naked. Kudos on playing a scary character and making that one for the books for me.

EnlilthMon 16-Apr-12 04:33 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#108209, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Dvalygg Veidt the Sacerdotal Assas..."
In response to Reply #0

Oh man. I really enjoyed this character. Did you just get tired of beating ass?

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

OldrilMon 16-Apr-12 04:51 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108210, "Conspicuous after the twitter post"
In response to Reply #1

#PK <51 Mummy Nec> Dvalygg killed by Drident, Althalos

EnlilthMon 16-Apr-12 04:55 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
#108213, "RE: Conspicuous after the twitter post"
In response to Reply #2

Oh... I don't twitter. I had a medical procedure to fix that last summer.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

BorkahdMon 16-Apr-12 06:27 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#108216, "RE: Conspicuous after the twitter post"
In response to Reply #3

Is that why you kept going back to the proctologist? =)

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #108208 Previous topic | Next topic