Subject: "Thief paths." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #2691
Show all folders

Thiefy (Guest)Thu 06-Nov-03 07:29 PM

#2691, "Thief paths."

Before the addition of eye of avarice, my thieves have been able to get parting/acro at level 40. Now, at level 40, I have acro and cheapshot and noone wants to teach me anything anymore. Is it a bug? Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourThu 06-Nov-03 07:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2693, "By design"
In response to Reply #0

A while back thief points were re-distributed, but we never re-calculated them on the thieves who had already practiced. With the addition of eye of avarice, we needed to re-calculate the points on all thieves so some people can no longer practice things they could have in the recent past.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Other thief (Guest)Fri 07-Nov-03 06:15 AM

#2700, "RE: By design"
In response to Reply #1

So those of us with parting block hoping to get acrobatics actually get screwed by a skill that allows us to see gold? I'm hoping this "minor utility" skill doesn't actually majorly screw me. If so, I don't think there's a chance we could redistribute points?

ValguarneraFri 07-Nov-03 01:27 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2705, "RE: By design"
In response to Reply #2

As Zulgh said:

We needed to re-calculate the points on all thieves so some people can no longer practice things they could have in the recent past.

I haven't looked up the point system to know what is/isn't possible for your character, but there is a possibility you'll have to go with a slightly different final set.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

ZulghinlourSat 08-Nov-03 02:26 AM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2720, "Ooops"
In response to Reply #1

>A while back thief points were re-distributed, but we never
>re-calculated them on the thieves who had already practiced.
>With the addition of eye of avarice, we needed to re-calculate
>the points on all thieves so some people can no longer
>practice things they could have in the recent past.

I'm not sure if it will solve all your complaints, but there was a bug in the re-calculating formula which will be fixed next crash/reboot and every thief will once again be re-calc'd. Those of you who have precision strike or blackjack will notice a difference, the rest of you shouldn't.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #2691 Previous topic | Next topic