Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Bug Submissions
Topic subjectThief paths.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=2691
2691, Thief paths.
Posted by Thiefy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Before the addition of eye of avarice, my thieves have been able to get parting/acro at level 40. Now, at level 40, I have acro and cheapshot and noone wants to teach me anything anymore. Is it a bug? Thanks
2693, By design
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A while back thief points were re-distributed, but we never re-calculated them on the thieves who had already practiced. With the addition of eye of avarice, we needed to re-calculate the points on all thieves so some people can no longer practice things they could have in the recent past.
2700, RE: By design
Posted by Other thief on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So those of us with parting block hoping to get acrobatics actually get screwed by a skill that allows us to see gold? I'm hoping this "minor utility" skill doesn't actually majorly screw me. If so, I don't think there's a chance we could redistribute points?
2705, RE: By design
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Zulgh said:

We needed to re-calculate the points on all thieves so some people can no longer practice things they could have in the recent past.

I haven't looked up the point system to know what is/isn't possible for your character, but there is a possibility you'll have to go with a slightly different final set.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
2720, Ooops
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>A while back thief points were re-distributed, but we never
>re-calculated them on the thieves who had already practiced.
>With the addition of eye of avarice, we needed to re-calculate
>the points on all thieves so some people can no longer
>practice things they could have in the recent past.

I'm not sure if it will solve all your complaints, but there was a bug in the re-calculating formula which will be fixed next crash/reboot and every thief will once again be re-calc'd. Those of you who have precision strike or blackjack will notice a difference, the rest of you shouldn't.