Subject: "RE: FYI" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2012 Topic #222
Show all folders

IsildurSat 29-Dec-12 11:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#228, "RE: FYI"

Seems like I should have been around back then, but I can't recall them working like that. Maybe I never got high enough to actually try to enter someone else's guild.

From a realism p.o.v. it wouldn't be so far-fetched to keep the current behavior when the PC is blind but have it work like I suggested when the PC can see. The explanation being that if you can't see then even a low-level guardian mob is able to head you off without it coming to blows.

Would probably want to make it so "fleeing from combat" gets you the current behavior (i.e. block w/o attack) too.

So...yeah. Not worth the effort I guess. I suppose good-aligned characters can just say to the mob "Step aside and stop protecting evil dude right now or I'll be forced to attack you," before attacking.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicchange how "blocking" mobs work to be more realistic [View all] , Isildur, Sat 29-Dec-12 03:34 PM
Reply Santa Zulg brings you coal, Zulghinlour, 30-Dec-12 01:12 PM, #3
Reply FYI, Daevryn, 29-Dec-12 03:52 PM, #1
     Reply RE: FYI, Isildur, 30-Dec-12 01:09 PM #2
Top Santa Zulg 2012 Topic #222 Previous topic | Next topic