Subject: "RE: A question." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #431
Show all folders

AmarantheWed 13-Sep-06 01:59 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#437, "RE: A question."
Edited on Wed 13-Sep-06 02:08 PM

You can know it IC if you choose. Though certainly you can roleplay ignorance as well.

I'd actually argue it makes *more* sense for most characters to know these largescale events (which would be the 'talk of the town' so to speak) than it does for your character to know most of the area/lore information many veterans do when they role up a character. NPCs are presumed to be ambiant, and your character is probably overhearing what is being said off-stage.

I'd say this also reflects a change in mentality in some of the imms. Quests in the past have a tendnacy to become sort of oriented towards one group of players that knows what's going on, and everyone else is clueless. We're trying to veer away from that, and allow new players to jump into quests as they proceed already having some background knowledge of what has been going on, rather than "Wait, the Consortium? Who's Destanin? There's a new giant WHAT floating around?"

I will also say we've been putting venues of in-game information that are not posted here.

The minutae of the log most characters wouldn't know, though you can safely know the main story, especially if your character is a hang-around-listening-to-bards type. I consented to post the log on Cliant's behalf because, while every nuance isn't public knowledge, it's fun and I thought it'd be a shame to limit the enjoyment of the side-story and humor of the interactions to just two players.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAn Island in the Sky, and the Great Felling [View all] , Amaranthe, Fri 08-Sep-06 12:02 PM
Reply A question., crackednotbroke, 13-Sep-06 01:45 PM, #3
Reply RE: A question., Amaranthe, 13-Sep-06 02:08 PM #4
     Reply RE: A question., Tac, 13-Sep-06 08:57 PM, #5
          Reply RE: A question., GoodLuckDice, 14-Sep-06 07:07 AM, #6
               Reply Re: Ssriel's Ritual, Amaranthe, 16-Sep-06 02:27 PM, #7
                    Reply That's exactly it, and one more reason that I'll leave ..., TheLastMohican, 17-Sep-06 06:02 PM, #8
                    Reply RE: Re: Ssriel's Ritual, GoodLuckDice, 17-Sep-06 06:02 PM, #9
Reply A Tale of Strange Bedfellows (full log of this quest), Amaranthe, 13-Sep-06 01:10 AM, #1
     Reply A Tale of Strange Bedfellows (Part II), Amaranthe, 13-Sep-06 01:11 AM, #2
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #431 Previous topic | Next topic