Subject: "Once again: Race - Round 2" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #99
Show all folders

CRS (Guest)Fri 08-Mar-02 04:17 AM

#99, "Once again: Race - Round 2"

=Read post below=
It's a repost, but wanted to make sure it got seen.

Well, one, the person would have to be extremely anal to go through all word combinations.

Second, how about it ALWAYS looks like gibberish to someone not the race, like any dwarf listening to elf words gets it all garbled, but an elf sees it fine. This would fix any of this, and would allow only races to understand each other.

You could also make languages able to be learned by certain races, like a dwarf could learn some elvish like (50%) if he spent a long time with elves and like 1,000 gold or something. Then you could have translators...

I still like the idea of racial languages, and think if you make it look like random gibberish to anyone not of the race listening, it would fix this and allow for races to communicate.

And I was hoping to see a marching dwarf army

What about making towns more dynamicly to be changed. Like, see how fire ravages a town like Galadon 24-7 and nothing is done - how about make it damage the economy? Add some more wandering guards who try and put the fire out, and if something burns long enough, the prices raise because of need of repairs or gates are unable to be shut because of fire, etc.

Then people would actually care if it's burning in the room besides the little searing heat. If you want your precious potion of return, you save the wizard shop. And you could fight, newbies can do nothing against this but make it so people can empty water supplies in the room to help. It'd make town love a lot more important than just somewhere you recall to.

Also more towns that have a prison like Hamsah would be nice. I think Galadon is tired of being the city of blood.

That's my point. I kind of stole this idea from hearing of Dark Ages of Camelot that each realm has a relic, and if taken, they don't lose anything, yet the opposing realm gets a bonus. That way it would never hurt those too young if it got taken, but you would want your relic to grant you power.

Even go beyond the orc village, but add relics to each town...then you could have town wars and alliances. Now THAT would be fun.

Good
Always wanted to see a fire giant warrior learn things different then a gnome, not just be better at bashing.

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
Fools talk because they have to say something.
-Plato

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOnce again: Race - Round 2 [View all] , CRS (Guest), Fri 08-Mar-02 04:17 AM
Reply racial languages..., shokai, 08-Mar-02 01:07 PM, #3
Reply RE: racial languages..., Death_Claw, 12-Mar-02 02:18 AM, #4
Reply RE: Once again: Race - Round 2, AnImEfAhN (Guest), 08-Mar-02 12:16 PM, #2
Reply RE: Once again: Race - Round 2, Valkenar, 08-Mar-02 04:42 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #99 Previous topic | Next topic