Subject: "racial languages..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #99
Show all folders

shokaiFri 08-Mar-02 01:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#100, "racial languages..."

Probably about 3-4 years ago, I suggested racial languanges...and the biggest reason they were shot down then, is the same reason they'll be shot down now. Lag. Lag. Lagaroonie. If everytime someone speaks (whether it's done by letter or word, or even just teh whole damned phrase) there needs to be a check to see if everyone someone in the room understands it...well there would be lag. I think the idea of racial languages would be neat..but not at the cost of lagging the game.

For you folks who want to have a racial language, my suggestion would be to pour through the Lyceum and start learning the languages we have in there. (soon there will be an arial language, if I can ever get off my arse and write it all down ) I look at it as a bit more work on the player's end...but less lag on the whole.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOnce again: Race - Round 2 [View all] , CRS (Guest), Fri 08-Mar-02 04:17 AM
Reply racial languages..., shokai, 08-Mar-02 01:07 PM #3
Reply RE: racial languages..., Death_Claw, 12-Mar-02 02:18 AM, #4
Reply RE: Once again: Race - Round 2, AnImEfAhN (Guest), 08-Mar-02 12:16 PM, #2
Reply RE: Once again: Race - Round 2, Valkenar, 08-Mar-02 04:42 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #99 Previous topic | Next topic