Subject: "To Nepdrag, Re: Familiars" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9414
Show all folders

WilhathThu 14-Jul-05 11:13 AM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9414, "To Nepdrag, Re: Familiars"

Neppy, my friend, since you have taken up the reins on reducing the suckitude of conjurers I thought I might address my ideas regarding familiars to you.

1) A fam-autoassist would be just too sweet. My experiment with familiars found me growing weary of having to constantly type in "fam kill XXX" to get them involved in the fight. Sometimes that one command means a lot.

2) A toggle wherein you can switch between your own movement and the movement of your familiar would be just too sweet. For example, while you're sleeping you might want to take a little walk with your familiar. Maybe to see if one of those wands is in. Unfortunately, that involves a lot of extra key strokes "fam n;fam n;fam n" or in my case (because I made an alias of f=fam "f n; f n; f n." I'm sure I could make an additional alias to make it even more streamlined, maybe using directional arrows or something, but being able to toggle to familiar movement would be nicer of you and better for those who do not use clients.

3) Perhaps with the increased utilities of the less desirable familiars you might consider unnerfing familiars in general. By "unnerfing" I mean returning the undirected "where" feature to them. If you're still concerned about owls/ravens being too powerful with airborne "where" maybe you could make it usable only on the ground. Additionally, letting them enter cabals by themselves would be nice to have back too. There are many tactical reasons I'd want my familiar to go into the cabal to scout or otherwise hinder my opponents without me. Additionally, sometimes it'd be nice to have my familiar sit in on a Herald event while I'm out whipping ass

4) Could familiars have the consider command?

5) Could some familiars be able to use keys or pick locks? (imp or monkey would be good for this).

Thank you bunches. XOXO

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTo Nepdrag, Re: Familiars [View all] , Wilhath, Thu 14-Jul-05 11:13 AM
Reply RE: To Nepdrag, Re: Familiars, Isildur, 14-Jul-05 02:52 PM, #2
Reply I agree with 'fam look' and 'fam scan' nt, GinGa, 15-Jul-05 10:20 AM, #3
Reply Familiar movement (ranger creeping as well), Theerkla, 14-Jul-05 12:16 PM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9414 Previous topic | Next topic