Subject: "RE: Hammering on screws." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #922
Show all folders

ValguarneraFri 02-May-03 05:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#929, "RE: Hammering on screws."

There's a number of games which provide exactly this, but it's just not what Carrion Fields is about. There are games which are purely RP, with no combat beyond what the players emote/pose at one another. That's not us either.

We provide a niche. The game isn't for everyone, but it isn't supposed to be. If you enjoy a game that is purely RP or purely PK, it'd probably be more productive to investigate games that are intended to provide that, rather than asking here.

Personally, I've never understood the chatroom-with-strangers appeal that an OOC MUD provides. If I want to talk to random people about the last party they went to, I go to the bar down the street from where I live. Some people obviously like chatrooms- too many exist to argue otherwise- but it's not my cup of tea, and that's part of why I like CF.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDoes anyone miss just plain ole hack and slash/non-role... [View all] , geezer, Thu 01-May-03 11:26 PM
Reply No, go play quake or whatever. nt, Xaannix, 06-May-03 10:27 AM, #9
Reply RE: Does anyone miss just plain ole hack and slash/non-..., Isildur, 02-May-03 11:41 PM, #6
Reply Ummmm let me think...NO!, Gwyn, 02-May-03 07:49 PM, #5
Reply RE: Hammering on screws., Valguarnera, 02-May-03 05:15 PM #4
Reply No. Well, not much., Quislet, 02-May-03 01:19 PM, #3
Reply oy!, shokai, 02-May-03 12:29 PM, #2
Reply RE: oy!, geezer, 03-May-03 12:29 PM, #7
     Reply RE: oy!, Quislet, 06-May-03 09:46 AM, #8
Reply Then I would leave this mud for something else. nt, ATK, 02-May-03 04:31 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #922 Previous topic | Next topic