Subject: "No. Well, not much." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #922
Show all folders

QuisletFri 02-May-03 01:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
240 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#928, "No. Well, not much."

Back when OOC topics ran rampant on the cabal channels, I really hated all the pointless and idiotic chatter. However, I accepted it inside the fairly private grouptell and tell communications. It kept a few things short and simple, and let you ask relatively innocuous questions with easy to understand replies. (like "Which way to the Emerald Forest from Galadon?" and getting a reply in single letter direction shorthand)

Unfortunately, it promoted all sorts of things that were eventually listed as Against The Rules.

So, even though I miss being able to make simple comments like the reason why I have to leave suddenly, or when I'd be back, or even why I was gone for a week:

We're better off the way things are now.

---Quislet

PS. OOC conversations in-game can lead to bizarre results, since if not for them, I couldn't have sat in on a conversation with Nimbus when he was a newbie Immortal, and gotten the completely misleading idea that his religion was pro-mage. (he was discussing ideas for invokers with a Windgust, since we didn't yet have these forums)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicDoes anyone miss just plain ole hack and slash/non-role... [View all] , geezer, Thu 01-May-03 11:26 PM
Reply No, go play quake or whatever. nt, Xaannix, 06-May-03 10:27 AM, #9
Reply RE: Does anyone miss just plain ole hack and slash/non-..., Isildur, 02-May-03 11:41 PM, #6
Reply Ummmm let me think...NO!, Gwyn, 02-May-03 07:49 PM, #5
Reply RE: Hammering on screws., Valguarnera, 02-May-03 05:15 PM, #4
Reply No. Well, not much., Quislet, 02-May-03 01:19 PM #3
Reply oy!, shokai, 02-May-03 12:29 PM, #2
Reply RE: oy!, geezer, 03-May-03 12:29 PM, #7
     Reply RE: oy!, Quislet, 06-May-03 09:46 AM, #8
Reply Then I would leave this mud for something else. nt, ATK, 02-May-03 04:31 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #922 Previous topic | Next topic