Subject: "Rangers, Assassins, Thieves and socials/wielding" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #757
Show all folders

XaannixSun 13-Apr-03 06:16 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#757, "Rangers, Assassins, Thieves and socials/wielding"

For a long time now this has been kinda buggin me, and probably a lot of other people.

I dont understand why thieves/rangers/druids have to step out when doing socials like 'grumble'& 'snort' but dont step out when they do things like 'hug'. I think thief/assassin hide needs some adjustment on that. Many would like to see thieves/assassins/rangers be able to nod to each other (and just nod, perdiod) in the shadows/woods without being noticed, be able to whisperto each other without being seen/noticed. (NO ROOM ECHO) It would add to the coolness/stealthness of the classes. Thieves even with improved hide, have to use TELLS to tell each other stuff when they are in the same room, because if they use GTELL they step out, or if they whisper to each other they attract attention. Ahem....

Regarding socials, any social that doesn't require too much physical movement (unlike DANCE) should not make you step out of hide/camo/cameleon.

Also with camoed/chameleon, peole who cant see you, sholdnt be able to see you LOOK at them. But if youre not a sneaky race, they would see a room echo of you doing something.

When thieves give things to one another, they shouldnt step out, only if they give stuff to a NON HIDDEN person should the become visible. Currently, you dont see a thief or assassin get a pie or potion or pill out of his bag, but they step out while doing it??! Whats the point then?

Regarding weapons, i think that thieves with improved hide should really be able to wield certain weapons without being noticed or step out while doing it. I would like to see thieves/sneaking rangers/assassins be able to wield/remove weapons under a certain weight limit without being noticed period. You only notice it if you can see them. Like switching between dagger and blackjack should not make you step out. But if you switch between a 20 lbs mace and a sword, you will step out. Its only logical no? ALso wouldnt really hurt game balance, and make for some nifty class improvements, i think.

So whenever you got time, take a look at some of this and pamper the above classes a bit eh?! Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRangers, Assassins, Thieves and socials/wielding [View all] , Xaannix, Sun 13-Apr-03 06:16 AM
Reply RE: Rangers, Assassins, Thieves and socials/wielding, Ululari, 13-Apr-03 10:02 AM, #2
Reply Hrm, I posted something similar a while back..., Romanul, 13-Apr-03 06:51 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #757 Previous topic | Next topic