Subject: "Damage of Critical is NOT low" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69744
Show all folders

mageMon 15-Jan-18 10:18 AM
Member since 05th Apr 2008
248 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#69752, "Damage of Critical is NOT low"

Critical Hit takes into account your damroll. So gear for damage and rape away. You can easily do ***DEMO*** or ***DEVA*** with critical hit if you've geared properly.

And you don't have to have Twist play a build to make it "valid" or "good". I suspect Twist could play just about any build and make it good. The builds that I described are the simplest, and already well proven. I've already witnessed each one of those builds played as a rager scout and be very effective. The class skills + proper gearing + proper tactical knowlege/use is more than enough to get plenty of kills with those builds. Rager powers just make them more effective.

My thief that was close to MageSlayer was a duergar thug. I didn't have earclap yet, so I mostly relied on surprise attacks and trip (or weapon trip) and cheap shot + parting block for times when trip or weapon trip missed or was insufficient. I got a lot of flack from pissed off people who didn't like being murdered all the time with their pants down, but hey, that's a totally valid scout tactic. In fact, that's sort of the whole idea of the stealthy scout. Precise, surgical strikes.

It's been said many times, both on this board, as well as on the newbie channel in game, that ANY build can be deadly, with the right application of tactics. Obviously, some builds are more lethally suited than others. An anti-paladin is expected to be more lethal than a thief. A transmuter is expected to be more lethal than a healer. But with the right tactics, even a healer can become quite lethal, and I've seen a few AWFULLY lethal healers over the years as well.

The point is, it's not about the build, it's about your own knowledge of game mechanics and tactics. I've listed for you some of the strongest scout builds. Now you just need to put them together and learn how they work, and run with them. Those builds should be able to kill effectively without having magic OR rager powers. If you can't be lethal with one of those WITH scout powers, then having Twist play one isn't going to make you any better.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicTwist, play a scout! [View all] , BoyScout (Anonymous), Mon 15-Jan-18 07:15 AM
Reply Critical hit, Queastionman 43 (Anonymous), 16-Jan-18 09:50 AM, #6
Reply Answers, laxman, 16-Jan-18 12:57 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Answers, mage, 17-Jan-18 05:47 AM, #8
Reply Good lord..., Twist, 15-Jan-18 05:27 PM, #5
Reply RE: Good lord..., Thaedan (Anonymous), 18-Jan-18 09:15 AM, #9
Reply Well, Kstatida, 18-Jan-18 10:03 AM, #10
     Reply Urgandtol, Twist, 18-Jan-18 04:56 PM, #11
          Reply I'm imagining things then :(, Kstatida, 19-Jan-18 04:24 AM, #14
Reply I see your logic, Onewingedangel, 19-Jan-18 01:25 AM, #12
Reply Well, you have your staff of return NT, Kstatida, 19-Jan-18 04:23 AM, #13
Reply Seems you did well :) (n/t), Matusquella, 06-Aug-19 08:28 AM, #15
Reply No no no for the love of god NO!, ice king, 15-Jan-18 12:36 PM, #4
Reply Are you serious?!, mage, 15-Jan-18 09:13 AM, #1
     Reply I don't recall Twist doing your thug, mountaineer, or e..., BoyScout (Anonymous), 15-Jan-18 09:48 AM, #2
          Reply Damage of Critical is NOT low, mage, 15-Jan-18 10:18 AM #3
          Reply Here is the thing with Scouts, lasentia, 08-Aug-19 06:43 AM, #16
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #69744 Previous topic | Next topic