Subject: "You cannot fly to an enemy so soon." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64225
Show all folders

a shapeshiter (Anonymous)Mon 18-Jul-16 07:49 PM
Charter member
#64225, "You cannot fly to an enemy so soon."

I can understand having this function prevent flyto right after login to prevent air shifters from just logging on, flyto/murder a few people right away, and then logging off again. But this thing is also SEVERELY hindering tactical maneuvering in combat situations well after login. If you flyto/attack someone who has either a groupmate, pet, or servitor, and they flee leaving you fighting someone else, tactically you'll want to pursue your original foe to finish them. But you can't fltyo directly from combat, so you have to flee or fly up to disengage from the one you're fighting. But the moment you do that, you are suddenly prevented from re-engaging your original foe by "You cannot flyto an enemy so soon." This basically gives the enemy a free and total escape from the air shifter, since all they have to do is ensure that when they flee the air shifter is left fighting someone else briefly, and suddenly, no more flyto. THere has to be a better way to counteract air shifter abuse than this, that doesn't entail giving the victim a 100% free pass to escape.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicYou cannot fly to an enemy so soon. [View all] , a shapeshiter (Anonymous), Mon 18-Jul-16 07:49 PM
Reply RE: You cannot fly to an enemy so soon., Umiron, 18-Jul-16 08:06 PM, #1
     Reply Then it's a bug, a shapeshifter (Anonymous), 18-Jul-16 08:10 PM, #2
          Reply Then bug board it, please! (nt), Umiron, 18-Jul-16 08:14 PM, #3
          Reply Bug boarded with a log nt, a shapeshifter (Anonymous), 19-Jul-16 10:41 PM, #4
          Reply I never figured out the rules on it, but I know it defi..., Vonzamir, 20-Jul-16 01:42 AM, #5
               Reply The thing I ran into that confused me was because they ..., Lhydia, 20-Jul-16 05:44 AM, #6
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64225 Previous topic | Next topic