Subject: "You cannot fly to an enemy so soon." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64225
Show all folders

a shapeshiter (Anonymous)Mon 18-Jul-16 07:49 PM
Charter member
#64225, "You cannot fly to an enemy so soon."

I can understand having this function prevent flyto right after login to prevent air shifters from just logging on, flyto/murder a few people right away, and then logging off again. But this thing is also SEVERELY hindering tactical maneuvering in combat situations well after login. If you flyto/attack someone who has either a groupmate, pet, or servitor, and they flee leaving you fighting someone else, tactically you'll want to pursue your original foe to finish them. But you can't fltyo directly from combat, so you have to flee or fly up to disengage from the one you're fighting. But the moment you do that, you are suddenly prevented from re-engaging your original foe by "You cannot flyto an enemy so soon." This basically gives the enemy a free and total escape from the air shifter, since all they have to do is ensure that when they flee the air shifter is left fighting someone else briefly, and suddenly, no more flyto. THere has to be a better way to counteract air shifter abuse than this, that doesn't entail giving the victim a 100% free pass to escape.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: You cannot fly to an enemy so soon., Umiron, 18-Jul-16 08:06 PM, #1
     Reply Then it's a bug, a shapeshifter (Anonymous), 18-Jul-16 08:10 PM, #2
          Reply Then bug board it, please! (nt), Umiron, 18-Jul-16 08:14 PM, #3
          Reply Bug boarded with a log nt, a shapeshifter (Anonymous), 19-Jul-16 10:41 PM, #4
          Reply I never figured out the rules on it, but I know it defi..., Vonzamir, 20-Jul-16 01:42 AM, #5
               Reply The thing I ran into that confused me was because they ..., Lhydia, 20-Jul-16 05:44 AM, #6

UmironMon 18-Jul-16 08:06 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64226, "RE: You cannot fly to an enemy so soon."
In response to Reply #0

You'll have to define "well after login" for me.

The ONLY reason you would receive that specific echo is if you were attempting to flyto someone within a few minutes of logging on. If that's all you are referring to, then I'm afraid the answer is no.

a shapeshifter (Anonymous)Mon 18-Jul-16 08:10 PM
Charter member
#64227, "Then it's a bug"
In response to Reply #1

Because I have this happen even when I've been logged on for several hours, and no dropping of link. It happens when I flyto/murder or flyto/peck, and then I either FLEE the combat to heal or re-up protections, or FLY up from combat for the same purpose, and then try to re-engage. It has happened in this pattern consistently. If the combat ceases because my victim flees and I'm left not fighting anyone or anything, then I can flyto immediately to re-engage. But if "I" am the one who flees, then I cannot re-engage, even though I used flyto to engage initially. The next time it happens, I'll try to get a log of it if you like, but it's definitely not only happening within a few minutes of login.

UmironMon 18-Jul-16 08:14 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64228, "Then bug board it, please! (nt)"
In response to Reply #2

asd

a shapeshifter (Anonymous)Tue 19-Jul-16 10:41 PM
Charter member
#64247, "Bug boarded with a log nt"
In response to Reply #3

nt

VonzamirWed 20-Jul-16 01:42 AM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64250, "I never figured out the rules on it, but I know it defi..."
In response to Reply #2

although I was under the impression it was triggered if your opponent had been fighting someone else.

LhydiaWed 20-Jul-16 05:44 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2382 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64251, "The thing I ran into that confused me was because they ..."
In response to Reply #5

gr

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64225 Previous topic | Next topic