Subject: "Ward/Dance" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58697
Show all folders

laxmanThu 05-Mar-15 01:54 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#58701, "Ward/Dance"

The imms explained this a while ago and here is a short summary.

Both ward and dance give you a second chance to get a parry/dodge if you fail the check. That chance is based on str for ward and dodge for dance and is relatively small.

As a result someone who fails a lot of parries will see more chances to get the legacy to kick in and grant a parry. Or the same way for dodge.

For a spear/polearm user remember that spin and distance are checked before parry. So you need to fail spin/distance, then fail parry for the legacy to even have a chance to come into play. For dance you need to fail spin/distance, parry, shield block, and finally dodge before dance comes into play.

I think you have anecdotally experienced it by noticing a bigger difference with mace over sword (sword naturally lands more parries so less opportunity for legacy to come into play and therefore less visible impact).

I have had ward with axes and hands and it made a good difference for both of them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWard of the blade [View all] , xrus, Thu 05-Mar-15 12:48 PM
Reply RE: Ward of the blade, Yuolud (Anonymous), 10-Mar-15 01:41 AM, #7
Reply The specifics of what you are asking have been addresse..., Lhydia, 05-Mar-15 04:03 PM, #6
Reply Ward/Dance, laxman, 05-Mar-15 01:54 PM #3
Reply Maybe but.., xrus, 05-Mar-15 02:31 PM, #5
Reply From what I've heard of the legacy..., jalbrin, 05-Mar-15 01:33 PM, #1
     Reply But there is a great question here:, xrus, 05-Mar-15 01:49 PM, #2
          Reply The legacy ALWAYS helps you, jalbrin, 05-Mar-15 02:26 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58697 Previous topic | Next topic