Subject: "doubt it." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5542
Show all folders

permanewbieSun 22-Aug-04 11:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
349 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5543, "doubt it."

Without trying to sound too cynical....

Newbies pre-11 probably make up the vast majority of the copper the centurions collect. For a few reasons.

Newbies have such low mv, and the mv regen is sooooo slow at that rank, combined with the relatively low cost of just paying them off, leads many newbies to just pay (especially since pre-11 it's fairly easy to get items that are worth enough to cover your toll).

Shortly after getting into pk, the hardship of having to go around cents (in those places where they CAN be gotten around) goes down drastically when you consider circumstances like:
the quickly rising costs of the tolls,
the fact that coin is becoming harder to come by,
the need to use what coin you DO have for things to help you survive pk,
the fact that now empirials and bloodoaths can use cents as a no-escape deathtrap.
Empirial summoners.

(I'm not saying cents need to be changed, or that there is anything wrong with emps using cents in that way)

Considering all of that, I know that I myself, once I hit pk, spam where centurion whenever I step onto a road, and then avoid that road like the plague because I hardly ever have enough to cover the drastically advancing cost of the tolls. but pre-pk, I usually just grab a few items to cover the tolls if I need to go somewhere that cents are guarding, choosing that over adding 20-40 real world minutes to my trip to try to go around them.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicChange Centurions??? [View all] , Vikes40, Sun 22-Aug-04 04:14 PM
Reply Probably not:, nepenthe, 23-Aug-04 06:48 AM, #6
Reply How about..., GinGa, 23-Aug-04 09:33 AM, #7
     Reply Seconded! Echoes for the newbies!, Straklaw, 23-Aug-04 10:13 AM, #8
Reply Ghost and pre-11, Narissa, 22-Aug-04 09:52 PM, #3
Reply RE: Change Centurions???, ORB, 22-Aug-04 03:56 PM, #2
Reply True but the concept of not being able to PK makes no s..., Vecna, 23-Aug-04 03:12 AM, #4
Reply RE: Change Centurions???, Vikes40, 23-Aug-04 03:13 AM, #5
Reply doubt it., permanewbie, 22-Aug-04 11:30 AM #1
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5542 Previous topic | Next topic