Subject: "Change Centurions???" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5542
Show all folders

Vikes40Sun 22-Aug-04 04:14 PM
Member since 29th Feb 2004
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5542, "Change Centurions???"

Any way there can be some serious thought of putting in a code for the centurions to let those pre-11 to pay without charge? There's no point to pay pre-11 since you cannot pk, or even get to the cabals or anything. Yes I know there are quests to get the copper but when they are blocking your way to those quests, yeah pretty annoying. I just dont see a point in blocking pre-11. Thank you.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Probably not:, nepenthe, 23-Aug-04 06:48 AM, #6
Reply How about..., GinGa, 23-Aug-04 09:33 AM, #7
     Reply Seconded! Echoes for the newbies!, Straklaw, 23-Aug-04 10:13 AM, #8
Reply Ghost and pre-11, Narissa, 22-Aug-04 09:52 PM, #3
Reply RE: Change Centurions???, ORB, 22-Aug-04 03:56 PM, #2
Reply True but the concept of not being able to PK makes no s..., Vecna, 23-Aug-04 03:12 AM, #4
Reply RE: Change Centurions???, Vikes40, 23-Aug-04 03:13 AM, #5
Reply doubt it., permanewbie, 22-Aug-04 11:30 AM, #1

nepentheMon 23-Aug-04 06:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5572, "Probably not:"
In response to Reply #0

I'd rather have newbies learn about Centurions and how to deal with them while they still won't die from the experience.

GinGaMon 23-Aug-04 09:33 AM
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5574, "How about..."
In response to Reply #6

A newbie echo, so they know about the pay command. I know theres IC, newbie channel and so on... but centurions look scary. Generally, when i was new, i was affraid to ask some questions. So much so, that when i entered my first cabal i had to pray to learn how to talk on the cabal channel because i was affraid of losing RP brownie points. Same with calling powers, although that i found a way to get across IC. Even a hint as to who owns the centurions would be cool.

Thanks.

StraklawMon 23-Aug-04 10:13 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#5575, "Seconded! Echoes for the newbies!"
In response to Reply #7

Considering unless you already know what's going on, you probably don't even recognize it's Imperials you have to talk to. Something like the following could work:

"You've encountered a Centurion roadblock of the Empire."
"See HELP PAY to learn how to pass."

NarissaSun 22-Aug-04 09:52 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5555, "Ghost and pre-11"
In response to Reply #0

Think ghost can now pass through centurions. Not sure about pre-11. If pre-11 can pass through, it will be neat. We are helping newbies a lot here, especially if they just starting playing and don't know what to do at centurions and don't know where coins/expensive items are. It's like disabling them for playing CF. Not good.

Cross my fingers about pre-11.

ORBSun 22-Aug-04 04:14 PM
993 posts
#5545, "RE: Change Centurions???"
In response to Reply #0

That makes no Role Play sense. Why would centurions let people who can't PK pass?

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

VecnaMon 23-Aug-04 03:12 AM
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#5565, "True but the concept of not being able to PK makes no s..."
In response to Reply #2

Newbies can't PK as a means of protecting them and making life simpler, allowing centurions to let them by would serve the same purpose.

Vikes40Mon 23-Aug-04 03:13 AM
Member since 29th Feb 2004
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5566, "RE: Change Centurions???"
In response to Reply #2

Well in the sense that this is still a game. Trying to attract new players and having them run into centurions has to suck pre-11. The reason I brought it up was because of that. A new person (or at least it appeared so to me) couldnt get by and having to explain the whole "pay" thing, well you get the idea. But if RP is the reason then open pking up at lvl 1 Actually wish they would reset it to lvl 5 anywhoooo... The point that permanewbie made is actually something I never thought of and is a good reason not to change it.

permanewbieSun 22-Aug-04 11:30 AM
349 posts
#5543, "doubt it."
In response to Reply #0

Without trying to sound too cynical....

Newbies pre-11 probably make up the vast majority of the copper the centurions collect. For a few reasons.

Newbies have such low mv, and the mv regen is sooooo slow at that rank, combined with the relatively low cost of just paying them off, leads many newbies to just pay (especially since pre-11 it's fairly easy to get items that are worth enough to cover your toll).

Shortly after getting into pk, the hardship of having to go around cents (in those places where they CAN be gotten around) goes down drastically when you consider circumstances like:
the quickly rising costs of the tolls,
the fact that coin is becoming harder to come by,
the need to use what coin you DO have for things to help you survive pk,
the fact that now empirials and bloodoaths can use cents as a no-escape deathtrap.
Empirial summoners.

(I'm not saying cents need to be changed, or that there is anything wrong with emps using cents in that way)

Considering all of that, I know that I myself, once I hit pk, spam where centurion whenever I step onto a road, and then avoid that road like the plague because I hardly ever have enough to cover the drastically advancing cost of the tolls. but pre-pk, I usually just grab a few items to cover the tolls if I need to go somewhere that cents are guarding, choosing that over adding 20-40 real world minutes to my trip to try to go around them.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5542 Previous topic | Next topic