Subject: "shifterlover" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4218
Show all folders

LarshalvWed 31-Mar-04 04:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
96 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4234, "shifterlover"

Well I for one have thought that shifters have missed a big tune up.

No heal at healer is a big bad, but I can handle this.

wands is a pain but I can handle getting them, but not being able to put up any in a fight hurts. Its not like I want to revert in a fight and put up barrier.. and fleeing running aso is not always a good option. Reverting takes time, shifting takes time/mana, and being cought out of form for a shifter =death.

No talk= less rp possibilities and if slept/jacked you cant call help. This is a BIG disadvantage.

Dammage while shifting I think is ok, but the lag of it is murder!...The dammage has killed me several times, but its the lag of shifting between the forms that has been the worst thing.

Only hp going over form gear... I think that one more thing should go over and that is resistance to affects ei spells paralysis. Let the forms have a base resistance and gear for the rest.ofcourse different for each type of form. Heck some creatures of the same race are more reistant to poison than others, in that it has been poisoned and lived through it. And resistances of gear gotten. its not like there are to much gear that will help alot. But some would, and it would be a fair boon to the class. After all when you don a reddragon mail, you still have it on, and it will protect you still. Though its armor bonuses is gone, you still have the feeling of being resistant to fire!....

Boering to play while fighting. You can only bite/distract aso. true, its boering but the shifter class is very versatile, it can adapt greatly to many situations. Though in pk fights I think its next to hopeless.

Vaunrability to alot of spells/skills. This is the worst of all in my opinion. Heck blind a shifter its dead. some forms cant even engage a foe they are not directly fighting. And as a blind shifter your basically a sitting duck. Having been knocked out at a pair of cents and blinded and cursed. and each time I reverted they attacked, and forced me to shift again, they basically wore me down. They took to much dammage while I was in form so they wore me down. Funny... And fighting an invoker, Ive attempted all the things I can think of.But Ive never beaten an invoker while in form, with the exception of a gnome one with the orangutan....and I had counterspell...And even then I almost lost.

What I would like to see is this.
That shifters in their major form got some more skills that got developed after a while. This not applying to the minor foci. So that most shifters would be a bit different.

That shifters no longer had that hourendus lag of shifting when their bones are broken.

Some spell resistance to affects help with gear.

Shifters have some communication with their group/cabal ei animal sounds. (howl = howls in greeting for instance when someone in your cabal enters) Now this would help some atleast.

Some solution to the wand problem. Heck shifters are the most dependant mage class of the wand/stave thing.

Those where my cents... Hope it helps some.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHave shifters been over nerfed? [View all] , ORB, Sun 28-Mar-04 02:28 PM
Reply shifterlover, Larshalv, 31-Mar-04 04:31 AM #8
Reply RE: Have shifters been over nerfed?, Isildur, 28-Mar-04 07:55 PM, #2
Reply RE: Have shifters been over nerfed?, Praline, 28-Mar-04 02:41 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Have shifters been over nerfed?, Isildur, 28-Mar-04 08:01 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Have shifters been over nerfed?, Praline, 28-Mar-04 09:37 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Have shifters been over nerfed?, Isildur, 28-Mar-04 11:16 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: Have shifters been over nerfed?, Praline, 29-Mar-04 12:48 AM, #6
                         Reply RE: Have shifters been over nerfed?, Isildur, 29-Mar-04 10:53 AM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4218 Previous topic | Next topic