Subject: "RE: Werewolves, a new race?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4064
Show all folders

ValguarneraMon 08-Mar-04 08:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4078, "RE: Werewolves, a new race?"

1) "Evil, strong, dumb" is not a niche our race selection is having trouble filling. It's a pretty good bet that given the existence of orcs, minotaurs, duergar, and fire giants, we're looking in other directions.

2) As proposed, you're suggesting a race with unprecedented power from inherent and other natural abilities- damage resistance, combat inherents, enhanced dodge/etc., more attacks, etc. The drawbacks dealing with gear and weapons are pretty minimal- you're most similar to a shifter who retains a full host of class abilities like Bash. Being forced into changing into a killing machine is not a real drawback, and the vulnerability to a fairly rare weapon material like silver is not a big problem for a high-CON (i.e. not fragile) form with enhanced physical defenses. 250 XP is a non-factor.

3) I don't see this as a 'race' (they aren't born that way) or a 'class' (it's not an occupation). It's most similar to a disease- one that has no real precedence in CF lore/history. It's also fairly overdone- there's any number of werewolf movies, books, roleplaying games, etc out there. I'm not sure how much ground we could break there, and it would carry too much baggage ("It says here on werewolf.com that purple is a disfavored boot color!") that I wouldn't want to have to design around.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicWerewolves, a new race? [View all] , Kalageadon, Sun 07-Mar-04 01:50 AM
Reply RE: Werewolves, a new race?, Valguarnera, 08-Mar-04 08:42 PM #6
Reply RE: Werewolves, a new race?, Isildur, 08-Mar-04 11:33 PM, #8
     Reply Yea, Beer, 09-Mar-04 02:15 AM, #9
     Reply Felar?, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 09-Mar-04 08:40 AM, #10
          Reply RE: Felar?, Isildur, 09-Mar-04 11:21 PM, #11
Reply Big Thumbs down, ORB, 08-Mar-04 01:31 AM, #2
Reply while it may not happen, what about this idea.., Bajula, 08-Mar-04 10:16 AM, #4
Reply RE: Werewolves, a new race?, Splntrd, 07-Mar-04 11:01 AM, #1
     Reply Whats wrong with minotaurs? -nt, jaynus, 08-Mar-04 03:36 AM, #3
          Reply Minotaurs, Splntrd, 08-Mar-04 08:09 PM, #5
               Reply I'm a dragonlance reader and I love CF minotaurs -nt, jaynus, 08-Mar-04 10:52 PM, #7
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #4064 Previous topic | Next topic